It's for the best

The Way You Look At Me

 

You walked inside the door, looking around at your surroundings. It was beautiful. The walls were a clean white, the floor was smooth and wooden. The furniture was mainly white, brown or green. White couches with green and brown pillows, brown coffee table, big large screen TV. Where did Jaehyo get all this nice furniture from? He must have got a good job to buy all of this expensive furniture. He must have lived well… You looked down, trying to hide your sorrow. “Your room is down the hall, second on the right.” He said softly as he walked to the kitchen, not even glancing at you.

“He’s not the same anymore...” you whispered to yourself as you slowly walked to your new room. It was big and clean. Once again, white walls and wooden planks on the floor, but there was a large bed and a lovely light green carpet in the middle. “This… Is my new life, I’ll be fine… Just go to college, and come back… Like normal.. Nearly every day- AISH!”  You fell back on your new bed. Tears were forming in your eyes, once again. “Why… Why me? Why him? Why us? I don’t think I can do this… He doesn’t love his little sister anymore like he used to… He didn’t even tell me why he left, and now, he doesn’t even say hello when we finally meet?!” Tears were pouring out of your eyes. You let out soft gasps trying not to wail. You went to the bathroom and washed your face to hide the tear stains. “I have to be strong, forget what has happened in the past. Be strong” you told yourself, but ended up in tears again. “He didn’t even tell me why… WHY?!” you cried as you banged your fist on the basin.

You took out the picture of him and you from your suitcase. You were 5 and he was 9. He was blowing bubbles and you went to catch them, your little arms flapping everywhere. You both looked so happy… You traced your fingers down his face and a tear slipped down your cheek. “I love you, oppa… Please say you love me back…” you whispered and put the frame down. You cried yourself to sleep that night. You didn’t leave the room ever since you came, you felt as though he didn’t want you here. You were too scared to leave the room; you didn’t want to face him.

In the middle of the night, as you were sleeping, Jaehyo came into your room. You didn’t flinch; you were so tired from what happened today and the impact of the shock seemed to hit you hard. He came closer and glanced that the picture of you on the floor, next to your suitcase and picked it up, “I missed you, _____-ah, but I can’t tell you, mianhe, it’s for the best”, he said softly as he put the picture of you and him back to where it was and left the room, taking one last glance at your angel face.

"I missed you, _____-ah, but I can’t tell you, mianhe, it’s for the best"


How do you guys like it so far? Yes, it's quite a sad story... But I hope you all enjoy it! Tell me what you think!
- Forever-mine