This is it

The Way You Look At Me

 

“Ah! You’re out. Come here” your dad beckoned. You slowly walked over and sat on the lounge. “We have to discuss something involving your college...” You widened your eyes.

“A-appa… Please don’t tell me I can’t attend Cheongun college! You know I’ve been waiting for this since like- forever!” you whined. “Calm down, you are still attending Cheongun… but...” he paused. You sat in anticipation. “As you know, it is far away from where we live and we couldn’t find any accommodation for you to stay while attending college” You stayed silent.

“Then what….” You whimpered. What if you can’t find a place to stay? What if you have to attend a different college? You mind was jumbled with so many questions. “Well… Because of this… You will be staying at Jaehyo’s apartment.” You jumped up.

“WHAT?! NO! I WILL NEVER STAY THERE! CAN’T I JUST STAY WITH A FRIEND? I WILL FIND SOMEONE WHO LIVES CLOSE! PLEASE” you begged with puppy eyes. Sadly, your parents were oblivious to this. “Sorry, it’s final. Go pack your bags after breakfast. We will be leaving soon.” Your dad said softly and left the room. You stared at your mother.

“Omma… Wae?” She just looked away, trying not to show her pain for putting you in this situation. You looked down and left the room to go pack, tears forming in your eyes.

 

Jaehyo was your older brother. You loved him and he loved you. Everything was great until that one day when he left without saying anything. You were broken. You stayed in your room for 4 days and ate nothing. You didn’t communicate with anyone, not even your parents. You changed after that. You weren’t the same, you weren’t as happy. You still loved him, but had this sickening feeling when you thought of him. When his face came into your mind you would get all emotional. It wore off in around a year, and you became yourself again. You thought nothing much of what happened until today. You didn’t want to live with him, after what he had done to you. But you knew your parents we strict and would literally drag you out if they had to. There is no use arguing with them.

 

“Kaja….” you murmured as you dragged your suitcases to the car. Your mother glanced at you, worried. She knew what you had been through because of him. A lot. Appa sighed. You al got in the car. It was around a 3 hour drive until you reached Jaehyo’s apartment. Standing 10 metres from the entrance, you looked above. The large building was almost… intimidating. You turned around,

“Bye, omma, appa… Take care, I’ll call you later”

“Don’t forget, call us as soon as possible, ok?” They worriedly stared at you.

“Arasso, now go home, it’s a long drive,” You reassured them and turned to walk inside.

 

“Room 22.. Ah here!” You jumped in front of the door but halted to a full stop. “I can’t do this…” You whispered. You went and sat quietly beside the door, head in between your knees, suitcases next to you. “I can’t do this….” “Can’t do what?” you looked up to find that face. The face that left you. All alone. Jaehyo stared at you with his blinding eyes. You just stared back. Your whole body was frozen. After all these years… You finally saw him. He looked around the same but there was not much baby fat and he had gotten more handsome and muscular. “Come inside” he said, showing no emotion whatsoever. You hesitantly got up and grabbed your suitcases. You were on the verge of tears.

It’s really him...