Please Don't Go Up There!

The Way You Look At Me

You sat in class, paying no attention to teacher’s lecture. As you started to doze off, you felt something hit the back of your head. You furiously turned around, ready to pounce on the person who threw it. You saw Zico smiling at you and immediately halted and gave him and awkward smile as you looked down at the crumpled paper. Slowly, you picked it up and opened it. ‘Meet me on the rooftop after school. –Zico J’ You smiled as you turned back and nodded in agreement. Zico’s face immediately lit up. “Miss Ahn, do you have something to share with the class?” The teacher asked you, breaking the gaze you had on Zico. “Uh- no..” “Then please face this way and do not turn back again,” she said sternly. You nodded and looked down, hiding your embarrassment. Sighing, you took out a pen and started to doodle. Losing yourself in thoughts, you aimlessly drew what was on your mind. Without knowing, the class ended, breaking you out of your trance.

“Mwoh?” you looked around, “What was I doing…?”
You looked down at the paper and gasped, hiding the drawing in your chest. As you zoned out, you didn’t realise you drew a picture of what was on your mind at that moment: Zico. You quickly stuffed your books in your bag and left.

You went to you locker to find Mira staring worriedly at you. “Annyeong!” you smiled, but then frowned. Mira wasn’t looking very happy, like she usually did. “Yah, kenchana?”
She didn’t reply. You shook her shoulders softly, “Answer me.”
As she opened to say something, the bell rang, signaling 5 minutes to the next class. Mira sighed, annoyed and pulled you into a quiet corner. “Yah, we have to go to class!” you stated. Mira ignored you and stared into your eyes. Something was definitely wrong. Finally, Mira spoke. “Stay away from Zico. He’s not good.” You furrowed your eyebrows, “What? There’s nothing wrong with him! He’s so sweet and kind and handsome and-“ “And that’s why you shouldn’t go near him.” Mira cut you off. What was she talking about? “What?” you asked. Then it came to you, “A-Are you jealous that I like him and he possibly likes me? Are you jealous?” Mira stood there, shocked. “A-Ani!” she denied. You didn’t listen. Of course she must be! “Don’t lie to me, Mira. Why would you say he’s not good?! He’s perfect for me! Just because you’re jealous, doesn’t mean you have the right to tell me he isn’t the one for me!” you raised your voice. “Look ______, I am not jealous! He’s not right for you!” she replied, raising her voice, too.”He-“ You had enough, and screamed of annoyance and marched away, cutting her sentence. “He’s not right for anyone… You don’t know what is going to happen.” Mira mumbled, staring at your retreating figure, turning the corner. “She jumps to conclusions so quickly…” Mira thought to herself. She remembered what had happened beforehand. “Crap! I didn’t get to tell her not to go to the rooftop! I lost my chance! She isn’t going to talk to me for a while now… Ottoke?!”


-Mira’s Flashback-
As Mira was walking down the hallway before class, she heard people talking around the corner. She thought nothing of it until she heard you name being said. Immediately, she crept to the corner of the wall and listened discreetly.
“Yeah, so tell _____ to come to the rooftop after school, we’ll deal with her then.” A high pitched voice said. “Deal with her? What do they mean?” Mira thought to herself.
“Alright, what are you going to do though?” A voice, which sounded like Zico, asked.
The girl giggled, “I told you, teach her a lesson for coming to MY school and trying to steal my popularity, and you from me!”
“But then why didn’t you do anything before? She’s been here for a while, and people love her, she’s the perfect popularity material.” The voice, definitely Zico’s, said.
“Because I wanted you to befriend her, find out what she’s like, make her like you so she will listen to you.” She laughed. Mira gasped. “_____ is in trouble! I’ll tell her after class!”
“Hahaha! Good thinking! Ugh, finally this can be over soon, I’m so damn sick of acting so nice, it gives me a headache!” Zico whined.
“Baby, don’t worry, one we have taken care of her then you can get what you want…” The girl teased.
“Better give it to meh baybeh!” Zico seductively said. They both laughed. Mira immediately ran away. “No! _____, I have to tell her soon before something happens! After class, when she comes to her locker, I will.”

-End of Mira’s Flashback-


You went in the room and plopped on a seat. As Mira walked in, you glared at her. She had the guts to say that Zico isn’t good?! What ISN’T good about him!? You harshly took your books out and set them on the table. The teacher came in and the class went silent. You just stared into space. “I can’t wait ‘till I see Zico after school,” you thought. Mira could tell what you were thinking about after school and worriedly stared at you from the back of the room. The class passed like this and so did the rest of the day. You didn’t talk to Mira. She tried to talk to you on many occasions and explain herself but you refused to listen. It was finally the end of the day. You packed your books and made your way to the roof top, where Zico told you to meet him. Mira blocked you in your tracks as you were going about to go up the stairs. You gave her a death glare. “Look. Don’t go up there!” She whined. You continued to glare, “It’s just Zico!”
“No! It’s not! There is a group of them up there! And Zico doesn’t like you! It’s a trap!” Mira said. You scoffed, “Sure, it is, Mira, suuurre!”. Rolling your eyes, you took a step to the right. Mira blocked you again. “Why won’t you listen?! They are going to get you! You don’t know who you are messing with!”
“Who am I messing with, huh Mira?! WHO!?” you yelled. Mira winced, and whispered, “Yong Haejin… The queenka of the school.” You were taken aback, “What? You’re so stupid! She’s such a nice girl! We’re friends! What the hell would she do to me?!”
Mira still didn’t back off. “Listen, they aren’t your friends, they hate you. They are gonna beat you up when you go up there! Please just go home!” Mira begged. You still refused. “Go away Mira, and take your filthy lies with you,” you spat and passed her. She panicked as you walked up the stairs. She didn’t want to face the group of haters, so she hurriedly ran away, to get help. Meanwhile, you walked up the stairs, in a pissy mood. You reached the door to the rooftop. You stood there for a while, replaying Mira’s words in your head. You felt uneasy; what if she was telling the truth? “Nah, she’s just jealous.” You shook off the thought as you opened the door.

You gasped at the sight in front of your eyes. “Mira! You liar!” you cursed under your breath as you looked at Zico, who had a rose in his hand. You walked to him and plastered a smile on your face. He smirked and looked at you. “You came.”
“Yep! Why did you want me here?” you asked, hoping that he was going to ask you out or something. “Well…” Zico started.
“We want to have some fun,” A girl’s voice came from behind. You gasped and turned around. “Haejin?!”

 


A/N:
Hehe, long chapter for you guys! It's my apology for not updating! Sorry everyone! Busy Busy! :( I hope you enjoy this chap and please don't forget to comment and subscribe! Also, I have made some changes to the foreword etc. Not to the story itself though! I changed my plot a bit when writing, so the foreword didn't really go with it. Nothing too big! And I changed the poster too keke ;)