'Cheery' Haejin ?

The Way You Look At Me

 

(Couldn't think of a good song for thie capter, sorry guys!)

 

“Oppa!” Haejin ran to Myungsoo. “Where were you!? I was waiting for you but you didn’t come!”
“That’s because I don’t want to come!” Myungsoo snapped. He wasn’t in the mood for Haejin’s annoying presence.
“Oppaa… Please?” Haejin pouted.
“No. No. No.” Myungsoo glared.
“Please, oppa? Haejin will be very sad!” Haejin kept on nagging. ‘I will make you come with me.’
‘I said no!” Myungsoo stated coldly.
“Wow… Someone’s harsh…” Haejin whisteled.
“Wow… Someone’s annoying.” Myungsoo retorted.

Haejin stayed quiet. ‘It’s not going to work if I keep going like this…’
She straightened up and stared at Myungsoo. “Okay. Listen here, Myungsoo. When I ask you to come with me, you come. Got it?”
Myungsoo chuckled. “Where did oh little miss cutie pie Haejin go?”
Haejin’s heart beat fastened. Even though he was joking, she took it seriously. Having Myungsoo call her a cutie pie was great.
“I’m right here!” Haejin went to her cheery form.
“I don’t want cheery Haejin back. And no. I’m not coming with you.” Myungsoo said.
Haejin stood there, stunned as Myungsoo walked away. She was fooled? ‘Myungsoo you …. Gah! Why do I even like you!? Scratch that, why do I have to like you!? You’re perfect in every way, but… Why don’t you like me? Why do you have to like _____. It hurts.’
Haejin sat on the ground, leaning against the wall. “My heart… It’s hurting? Why?” she mumbled.
“It’s because you have feelings now, Haejin.” Zico walked up to her.
Haejin looked up and quickly scrambled to her feet. “What? No. What the hell are you talking about? Why are you even here?”
“I saw everything. You still like him. What the heck, Haejin? Acting cute? You’ve ruined your image forever!” Zico yelled.
“I have not! I’m still bad! And what have you got to do with me liking him or not?!” Haejin yelled back.
Zico’s face became red. “You need to keep your image! Just think about it Haejin. How are you going to get ______ if your image is ruined? You can’t. No one will be scared of you anymore. You won’t regain your status. You’ll become a hole in the society. No one likes you anyways, you don’t want to make it worse.”
Haejin stood there, a blank expression glued onto her face. “I don’t care. And it won’t become worse because mind you, that is the first time I have ever done that cutesy stuff. I will not be doing it again, so shut the hell up. I am not a hole in the society!”. Haejin held her head up high, trying to look fierce. Even though she looked like she didn’t care, on the inside she was hurt at what Zico had said. No one liked her? Was he telling the truth? Did anyone really like her? Or were they acting like it because of what she is capable of doing to them?
“You don’t care? Well I am pretty sure when the last ally you have leaves through the door, you will start to bloody care! Wake up Haejin! You aren’t immortal. Stop following Myungsoo like a stalker, you know he doesn’t like it. Why do you keep following? You can get to _____ another way, if that’s the reason. Just leave Myungsoo alone. He’s already a fricking pain in the , I don’t want him to get even more annoying. Plus, your image is probably already dented. Yeah, what are people going to think of a person who follows someone else like a lost puppy. What’s gotten into you? Zico walked away. Haejin stood there blankly. She knew Zico was right, about everything. Imagining what would happen if all of her friends- or whatever she was to them- walked out the door and left her alone, Haejin started to regret following Myungsoo around and talking to him in such a clingy matter.
“What’s happening to me?” Haejin pulled her hair in frustration. She ran after Zico. “What do I do then!? Huh?! If you think it’s so easy you try!”
Zico scoffed. “What? Getting back at ______? Psh, you don’t need Myungsoo. Just get her some other way.”
Haejin stopped. Watching Zico walk away, she gathered her thoughts. ‘No. It won’t be easy to stop following him, because I’m not doing it to get back at _____. I’m doing it because I’ve fallen for him. And love isn’t something you can get out of easily, right?’
“Why is love so annoying!” Haejin yelled. A couple walked by as Haejin screamed. Looking at her weirdly, they scurried away. Haejin looked up at them and groaned. “And embarrassing! Aish! Screw this image business. I will get him. Who needs friends when I would have him…. Right?”


Haejin was determined. She decided not to care about her image, friends, or even you for a little while. All she wanted was Myungsoo. If she had him, she would be happy. Every day she would go up to Myungsoo, and bother him by being all cute and clingy. At some points she even thought it was working. Myungsoo would still deny and leave her by herself, leaving Haejin to curse at you in her head, thinking that Myungsoo went to hang out with you, which of course, he never did. You on the other hand, still had no idea who was following you. You were starting to forget it, though. It was getting old, and whoever was following you would be fed up by now.

 

One and a half weeks passed. Myungsoo was getting very restless towards Haejin. Why couldn’t she just get that he did NOT like her AT ALL. Yet, she still asked him if he wanted to go out. One moment, Myungsoo snapped.
Haejin was blabbering on cutely to him in the cafeteria at lunchtime. Myungsoo clenched his water bottle tighter and tighter when another word came out of Haejin’s mouth. Haejin was oblivious to this and kept talking until there was a pop and water sprayed everywhere.
“Eeek!” Haejin yelped. The water bottle burst as a result of Myungsoo’s grip. “My new shirt! It was soo pretty and now it’s all… wet! Myungsoo oppa!”
Heads turned their way and whispers could be heard.
“What’s gotten into Haejin? She’s all cute now. If I was him, I’d be dead already.”
“Geez, she ain’t fierce no more.” And
“I can’t believe I used to be afraid of that thing”
Haejin clenched her teeth and held back her anger. ‘Ignore, ignore.’
Myungsoo also ignored the people’s murmurs and turned to face Haejin. Giving her a cold stare, Myungsoo started to talk.
“Okay listen now, Haejin. I’ve tried to be nice for what? The past couple weeks! You have to realise that I do not want to go out with you. I don’t want you to follow me around! I don’t want you to even talk to me!”
“But why?” Haejin murmured. Each word from Myungsoo’s mouth was stabbing her one by one in the same place, the wound going deeper and deeper.
“I don’t like you! Do you think following me around is going to make me like you? Are you mental? The only thing that will ever do to anyone is make them go crazy!” Myungsoo raised his voice, ignoring the crowd that was forming around them. Haejin looked around. ‘There’s too many people. My image is gone forever. Haejin. Leave now for your own sake.’ Her conscious told her. Haejin shook her head as another part of her spoke up in her mind. ‘No. Stay. You want Myungsoo, right? Stay. Who cares who is watching. Your image is already ruined. But with Myungsoo, you can start anew. You can be a better person.’

 

You and Mira walked into the cafeteria. You looked around. “Hmm… Where is everyone, Mira? It’s always so packed in here... And why is it so quiet?”
Mira stayed silent. You turned around to see her looking at something. “Mira?” you followed her gaze to a large clump of people surrounding something. You could hear shouting. “A fight?”
“Let’s check it out!” Mira dragged you along. She and you pushed through the crowd to see Haejin. “Eh?” you were puzzled. She was with a guy, whose back was towards you. They were fighting about something. You listened in to what was being said.
“It’s her isn’t it? You don’t want me, you want her? Don’t you?!” Haejin screamed, standing up.
You jumped back. “Woaaaaaah. Mira, what is all this about?”
Mira shrugged and looked back to Haejin. “I just want to know who that guy is.”
“So what? Face it, Haejin. You don’t have a chance. Sorry to disappoint you.” The boy whose back was towards you said. You suddenly felt a pang of memory. A fuzzy memory. That voice sounded very familiar. You just couldn’t figure out whose voice that was. You squinted, trying to think of who it could be. No clue. You sighed and went back to listening in on the conversation. ‘Wow, what happened to Haejin? She’s… a pushover now. She must really like that guy…’
You widened your eyes as tears started to fall onto Haejin’s cheek. You stepped forward unknowingly, going to help her, but Mira held you back.
“No! Don’t!” She whispered in your ear, “Haejin might snap at you.”
You realised what you were doing and stepped back, still watching tears fall out of Haejin’s eyes. You looked around. Everyone had taken their phones out, taking videos and photos of Haejin. You looked back at her; she didn’t seem to notice you or the other people, just the guy who was in front of her. The boy got up and walked towards Haejin, stopping an inch away from her. He leant down and whispered something in Haejin’s ear. No one heard what he said, but they could definitely see what it had caused Haejin to do. She ran out of the cafeteria, still crying. The people all started to follow her, wanting more photos and videos to post onto their blogs online.
“I wonder what he said?” you whispered, eyeing the cafeteria doors.

 

“Get out of my life, you’re nothing to me.” Myungsoo whispered. Haejin stood there, shocked. She felt like the whole world was collapsing on her head. Her vision became blurry as more tears dripped down her face. Without a single word, she ran out of the cafeteria, everyone else following her. Myungsoo watched as Haejin ran away. He felt almost… sorry for the girl. He didn’t want to be so harsh, but she just would not let go of him. It was quite pitiful. Sighing, Myungsoo plopped back down on the seat and held his face in his hands.
“Um… Excuse me…” a voice said from behind.
‘Oh shoot!’ Myungsoo panicked. He could tell your voice from miles away. He didn’t want you to see it was him after what had just happened. What would you think of him? Gathering all his things, Myungsoo got up and sprinted out of the cafeteria, leaving you and Mira dumbfounded.
“Did he just… run away?” Mira asked, pointing to the cafeteria doors.
You nodded, “Yeah…. He did.”

 



 

A/N: How long hads it been? Hmmmm, like more than a month?!?! OMG I am soooo sorry readers! I have been so busy with my essays, exams and stuff and then other than that all of this stuff argh and then when I had the time I was so tired and sogjsdighkjrgn wnrgv I feel soooooo bad I can't explain it! I hope ths chapter made sense with the story line and grammar wise. I was really tired when writing but I hope it was still good! Please voice your opinion in the comment section, all comments are appreciated! 

I REALLY AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY! I am soooo grateful to have wonderful loyal readers like you all! <3333333333

So, to the story. Oooooooh, Haejin fell in love quite fast, huh? I guess Myungsoo's charm is too strong for her!! OH YEAH, please don't hate Myungsoo, he's actually a really nice guy in real life AND the story! It was just that Haejin was peeving him off that he had to go that far. About Jaehyo, please be patient to know what happened to him! He will be back soon!

P.S - I hope this chapter goes with the story, cause I've been so busy I need to go over the plot again hehehe ^^ 
TO GET YOUR EXCITEMENT BUGS RUNNING- Soon there will be a problem for ____ (you)!  Be prepared for everything to come into place!

I wonder if anyone actually reads this.... Hahahahaha!