Battlefield?

If I was the One

 

As soon as I arrived home, I already saw him on our couch, sleeping... Probably, waiting for me. I did not even bother to wake him up and went straight to my room then change clothes.

 

"When did you arrive?"

 

"Omo! You scared me!" I glared at him when I saw him on my door. "What brought you here hmmm? It's a miracle that you are not with your girlfriend hahaha!"

 

"Did you forgot?" he frowned. "I told you to wait for me because we are going home together but when I went to your office they said you are busy chasing some stupid guy"

 

"Mianhe. I thought you are going home with your girlfriend so I decided to track some monkey and---"

 

He ran towards me and held my injured hands. "What happened to your hand?" he seriously asked and I can feel that he is up for the kill.

 

"Yah! What's with that look? If you are thinking that someone hurt me, you are wrong. It is my stupid self's fault, no one else so drop that killing intent can you?" I dragged him downstairs and he kept quiet. "I know you are mad at me Jaejoongie that's why I am sorry."

 

"Why does it feel like you are so far with me, Dara-ah" he suddenly said which made me choked.

 

"W-what are you saying?"

 

"You have so many things you are not telling me... You keep me from the dark but whenever you do that, it's making me more worried." he sincerely said and it really hits me. I'm feeling guilty because I know that I really die lied many times to him.

 

"You don't need to worry, Jae. I'm fine and you know what? Please stop being serious because it doesn't suit you" I nervously said and forced a laugh.

 

"Aigoo... I'm really hungry from chasing that monkey, Joongie.." I sat on the chair and lay my head on the table. "Can you please make something delicious, neh?" I pout and make puffy eyes.

 

"Aish! This kid... Fine... Just wait there okay?"

 

I watched him cooked and helped him prepare the table. "How can you find a husband if you don't even know how to cook delicious food, Dara-ah?"

 

"Yah! Are you saying that my food taste bad?"

 

"Do you really wanna know?" he teased.

 

"Then I'll just find someone who will cook for me every day." I responded and he smiled from ear to ear.

 

"Like me?"

 

"H-huh?"

 

"I am good at cooking and always cook for you. So can you find someone like me?"

 

Is this guy really insensitive? Argh!

 

"Can we just eat? This topic makes me puke."

 

We finished eating and he went home after.  I was busy thinking of other events for our school when I heard the door opened.

 

"Ta-da!" Jae happily said while holding his things.

 

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" I stood up when he sat on my bed. "Yah! Why are you here again?"

 

"Wae? Tita and Leeteuk Hyung told me to protect you while they're not here so you can't kick me out of here, Angel."

 

"Argh! Then stay in Oppa's room!"

 

"Wae? Wae? Wae? Isn't it better to stay with you here?"

 

"Argh!" I stomped my feet. "Can't you see that I am a girl?!" I almost pulled my hair but he stopped me.

 

"I told you to stop hurting yourself when frustrated, didn't I?" he seriously said.

 

"But---"

 

"I'll stay in Hyung's room okay? I'm just teasing you..." he patted my head and closed the gap of our foreheads and I can definitely hear his breathing making me more nervous. "I'll protect you... No matter what happens." he smiled and left me dumbfounded.

 

What was that? Protect me? from what?

 

---

 

"Pres? What are you doing there? Let's go in." Sunny asked me when I am not moving. "Why are you like this Pres? Is something wrong?"

 

"Ahhh... Sorry, I was just thinking of something else. " I said and before I can move someone grabbed my shoulder.

 

"Good afternoon, Miss Dara" said the familiar voice.

 

Aish! This is why I don't want to go in >_<

 

"Can you please take your hands off of my shoulder, Mr. Hyun Joong?"

 

"Why don't you come in on our office? I am telling you, you are welcome inside."

 

"Of course I will come in, so please take your hands off of me." I said and started walking inside. I sat beside Sunny and Yoona while I saw Hyun Joong sat on the vacant chair in front of me.

 

"Since we are here, let's start." Hyun Joong said and winked at me. Sunny and Yoona both look at me but I ignored them.

 

We start discussing the activities we will hold one month from now and we agreed that the two events will be held in Seungri High while the other two is at our school. For the lost and found fashion event and cooking fest, it will be held in Seungri High while the Basketball tournament and coffee house will be ours.

 

"Why don't we add one more event?" Sunny suggested and they all concur.

 

"And what kind of event is that?" I asked and they all smirked at me then look at Hyun Joong. By the looks of it, it looks like I'm in trouble.

 

"It won't hurt if you two participates in the festival right?" Taemin said.

 

"What do you mean? Can you please get straight to the point?"

 

"Why don't the two of you pairs up for the hide a bride and groom event?"

 

"Huh? What kind of event is that?"

 

"You will play as the bride and Hyun Joong as the groom. You two have to hide for about an hour but if someone catch you and bring you to the church, you have to kiss each other"

 

My eyes went wide and my jaw dropped. Are they serious?!!! KISS?! What kind of benefit will it served for our school?!

 

"Yah! What kind of event is that?! What kiss?!" I slam the table and I saw Hyun Joong smirked at me.

 

"Relax, Dara. That will happen only if you will be caught." he calmly said like it's nothing for him. Duh?! It's my precious kiss at risk here?!

 

"And what kind of benefit will that give to our school?"

 

"That's why I told you to relax. Let them speak first okay? Now, continue to explain this event. It seems interesting to me."

 

Argh! This guy will be the death of me! I really want to kill him on the spot!

 

"O-okay... You two will be the bride and the groom. Of course there will be a lot who will be against it and may be some will be up for it. For those who are against it, if they caught you they can date you for that day and for those up for it, they can see you get married and kiss each other and of course there's a fee of 10,000 won for those who will participate."

 

"So, that will only happen if they caught us within that period of time given?" Hyun Joong asked for clarification while I am sending him my death glare.

 

"Yes, President."

 

"That's a good idea and I will definitely..." he paused and looked at me. "participate on it. How about you, Miss Sandara Park? Are you in or out?"

 

"Can we run too if they saw us?"

 

"Yes, Miss Park. You can run and hide if you want."

 

I smiled after hearing that. "Then I am in."

 

"Oh, can the groom catch the bride too?" Hyun Joong suddenly asked after I confirmed my participation.

 

The people inside the office all looked at him and smiled widely.

 

"OF COURSE, YOU CAN CATCH THE BRIDE TOO" they all chorused.

 

"Y-You're not serious about that right?" I asked him but he smirked at me.

 

"Do I look like I am not serious, Sandara Park?"

 

Oh good heavens! Jae will definitely help me right? He won't let me be caught by this stupid monkey... It's my precious kiss at risk here you know!

 

"As if you will have a chance to catch me, Mr. Kim Hyun Joong." I laughed a little and showed him my confident face even if I'm quite unsure about him not catching me.

 

"Then, just watched me wifey." he winked.

 

We dismissed the meeting. Yoona and Sunny bid me goodbye so I am alone now.

 

"Are you sure about your decision, Park? I can catch you easily if I want too." Hyun Joong suddenly talked behind my back but I ignored him.

 

Just a few minutes until you reached the entrance, Dara-ah. Don't mind this stupid monkey okay?

 

"Are you nervous now? I'll make sure that you will be my wife hahaha"

 

"Yah! Can you please stop talking? Geez, can you stop pestering me for a while Hyun Joong-ssi? And puhlease... dream on, you will never stand on the same church as me. Not a chance"

 

"Dara!" I turned my head when I saw Jaejoong looking serious. He walked towards us and stared at Hyun Joong.

 

"Jae? What are you doing here?"

 

"Picking you up. It's too dangerous for you to be alone in a place like this because you never know when a tiger might bite you." Jae told me while looking at Hyun Joong. "So, who is this guy?"

 

Why do I feel like the atmosphere changed here? Like I am in the battlefield between two forces?

 

"Ah, don't min---"

 

I saw Hyun Joong stepped in front of me, blocking me from Jae.

 

"I am Kim Hyun Joong and you are?"

 

"I am Kim Jaejoong..." he introduced himself and pushed Hyun Joong on the left side then grabbed me closer to him. "Dara's Bo--"

 

"Ah, Dara's BESTFRIEND! I heard a lot about you!" Hyun Joong suddenly said, not letting Jae finished his sentenced and I saw Jae closed his fist.

 

"Jae, let's go" I said and dragged him far away from Hyun Joong before he punch him. So, it is not just me? Jae is annoyed by that monkey too hahaha.

 

--

 

Thanks for reading this story kekeke. I appreciate it after my long absence here ^____^. Goodluck to Jaejoong hahaha. What do you think of the two guys first meeting? What will be Jae's reaction when he hears that his bestfriend will be a bride soon ???