Capture the maiden's heart 1

If I was the One

I walked back and forth while thinking what I am supposed to do in this kind of situation. Joong Ki and Jaejoong's grandmother just got into an argument whether it is Joong Ki or Jae am I dating and the next thing I knew, I was brought by the maids in this huge room, alone.

 

"Argh! Sandara Park! Think!" I sat on the couch miserably.

 

Minutes passed but I can't seem to think of anything... anything that I can reason to Jaejoong's grandmother. Should I say that we're over? Should I say that her grandson dumped me few years ago? Yeah, I can say that but I cannot... I absolutely cannot say it because I don't want to hurt grandma. However, as a consequence, it will make me a liar to Joong Ki's grandmother since I've told her that Jae's not my boyfriend.

 

"Why did they even locked me up in here while they are talking with each other? Am I the only one who is actually worried here and---"

 

"Talking to yourself again, Miss Park?" my gaze shifted towards the source of voice and I saw Jaejoong looking calm as ever as if we're not in trouble.

 

"Did you tell your--"

 

"Act as my lover" he cut me off just to say his mind-boggling words.

 

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Me? As your lover?" I asked him in disbelief. "I... absolutely... decline!"

 

Jaejoong walked towards me and stopped once he finally corned me in the wall. He did not even give me a chance to escape and placed both of his hands on my side.

 

"You don't want to act?" he asked me seriously, looking at me straight in the eye.

 

I swallowed when I smelled his manly scent.

 

Yah! What are you thinking Sandara Park?!

 

"G-get away from me if you don't want to be killed.." I warned him, hoping that he did not notice that I trip over my damn tongue.

 

He smirked and without batting an eyelash, he moved his face closer to mine... Close enough that his lips we're almost touching mine.

 

"Then how about... you become my lover?" he asked me seductively.

 

Nappeun Namja...

 

"Stop it, Jae." I heard Joong Ki's voice. Jae pulled away while smirking and I saw Joong Ki looking serious. "Stop teasing my date..."

 

"Really? Your date? Are you even sure about that, Joong Ki?" Jaejoong said in a playful voice.

 

 Joong Ki looked at me and gently hold my trembling hands. "Yes... so stop fooling around and get out."

 

Jaejoong smiled. "Let's see about that, my friend." he said and turned his back on us. Before Jae finally left the room, he stopped and looked back, staring at Joong Ki and not giving me a glance. "It will be my victory..." Jae said which made me confused.

 

What is he talking about?

 

"And the prize will be..." he smiled and finally looked at me. "that girl"

 

He pointed at me and finally left the room. Joong Ki took a deep breath and I noticed how he closed his fists. He took a deep breath again and stared at me in all seriousness. "I understand why you did not tell me about you and Jaejoong... I mean... you don't really have an obligation to tell me because... who am I to know right?"

 

I remain silent... unable to answer.

 

"We're not close... we aren't friends... we're not even dating." he said and gave me a smile... a smile which did not reach his eyes. "To you, I may be just be an annoying guy... desperately pushing himself to be close to you... but for me... You were not just a girl." he said and touched my face.

 

"Joong Ki--"

 

He shook his head. "Let me say this to you, Sandara..."

 

"I... I--"

 

"Shhh.." he put his index finger on my lips. "For me you are special..." he said, making my heart skip a beat, not in a romantic way but because of nervousness. "I wanted to protect you and I will protect you.."

 

"W-what are you talking about?" I finally said without him cutting my words.

 

He smiled at me. "I will win, Sandara."

 

I gave him a confused look. "What--"

 

"Times up. Time to go" The butler interrupted before I can even ask Joong Ki what winning are they talking about.

 

"Trust me..." that was Joong Ki's final words before he was taken away by the black butler while three female servants entered at the room, bringing with them a handful set of dresses and shoes... and once again... I was stripped of my clothes out of my own volition.

 

"What the hell is going on in the world?" I asked them after putting the dress on me. They all chuckled but did not utter a single word for me. Instead, they busied themselves putting a makeup and fixing my hair.

 

"Goodluck, Miss" the headmistress said and gave me a beautiful mask matching my pink balloon gown.

 

One of the female servant carefully put it on me and guide me to the garden. I quietly joined the people and noticed that they too, are wearing a mask.

 

"So, as I was saying... my grandson, Song Joong Ki and Jin Ae's grandson, Kim Jaejoong will battle to get the young maiden's heart. That is why, we asked for your cooperation and never take your mask away." Joong Ki's grandmother said. The audience cheered and agreed while I was frozen, speechless while comprehending what his grandmother just said.

 

"First question..." Jaejoong's grandmother said, looking at a card. She let out a giggle first and exchanged looks with Joong Ki's grandmother, as if she's teasing her. "What are her favorite two subjects?"

 

"Math and Physics.." Jaejoong answered, looking at Joong Ki with a sarcastic smile.

 

"Correct! 1 point for my grandson and 0 for Joong Ki. Now, Hea Jung, please give the second question." Jae's grandmother said, smiling from ear to ear.

 

Seriously? Are they asking questions about me? There's no way Joong Ki would win this, assuming that the jerk still know me quite well. I'm even surprised that he remembered my favorite subjects when he did not even recognized me back there at Lux.

 

"Second question, what was she most afraid of."

 

"Ghost" Jaejoong answered again and of course he got it correct. The question and answer portion continued and it doesn't interest me knowing that Joong Ki, no matter how much he will try, won't win this round.

 

"Sneakers..." Joong Ki finally answered first and he got the correct answer but the thing is, Jaejoong answered 9 out of ten while he answered 1 out of ten, losing by a large margin.

 

"What are you laughing at?" I hissed at the two man near me. "At least, that guy has guts to take on the challenge even if he knows that he will lose." I said, irritated at the two making fun of Joong Ki.

 

Stupid guy...

 

I took a glass of juice and drink it in one go. I was about to step up and speak but someone grabbed me and when I looked, I saw the butler a while ago.

 

"You cannot interfere, Miss Park." he said. "Young master Joong Ki and Young master Jaejoong specially request that of me." he smiled at me.

 

"They requested of my non-interference? What are those two idiots thinking?" I asked in disbelief while I saw the butler smiling from ear to ear. "I'm sorry Mr. Butler but I cannot stay still because I am not a thing that one can own... I am not a thing to be given as a prize in this nonsense game---"

 

"Nonsense?"

 

"Yeah! Nonsense! Was it not?" I asked the butler but he just smiled.

 

"How about you try and see this game until the end, Miss Park? I'm sure you will find the answer on your own, eventually." he said.

 

"For the next battle, why don't these two young handsome men impress our lovely young maiden?" Jaejoong's grandmother said.

 

"That's a great idea, Hea Jung-ah! What do you think about the victor of this round to have a duet with the young maiden?" Joong Ki's grandmother said in delight.

 

"Hmmm..." Jaejoong's grandmother momentarily stopped talking and gave a thought about Joong Ki's grandmother's idea. "That's not a bad idea but we still have a last round, Jin Ae. How about a duet after the third round?"

 

Joong Ki's grandmother nodded. "Fine. It will render the third round nugatory if the young maiden come up here at the stage so I have no choice but to agree on your idea, Hea Jung-ah" she said after contemplating for a few minutes.

 

I saw Jaejoong smiled and stepped forward. "Then, let me start first." he said and went towards the piano on the stage. The servants put a microphone near him and I saw him smile. "I dedicate this to a beautiful Angel here." he said.

Yesterday rain fell from morning til night

Descending in thick cloud through the dust

Your delicate voice that filled my ears

vanished into the rain

 

He started singing, looking at the crowd as if searching for someone.

 

Sometimes I will shed tears longing for you

Sometimes my heart will twinge with loneliness

 

He closed his eyes, as if feeling the song.

 

Though I loved you

 

He opened his eyes and I think our eyes met.

 

Though I loved you

 

He sang again, looking at my direction.

 

I was just only be able to look at you from afar, unable to come close

Though I wanted to remain close by your side

I had no choice but to leave

Though I loved you...

 

 

He continued singing, not breaking our gaze with each other.

 

 

I don't know why... why am I hurt? Why do I feel like he is singing this song as if it were his true emotion? Why do I feel like crying hearing him singing... hearing his voice like he was deeply hurt...

 

Sometimes I will shed tears longing for you

Sometimes my heart will twinge with loneliness

Though I loved you

Though I loved you

 

He was the first one to look away. I smiled bitterly and turned my back on the stage.

 

"Stupid... It's just a game, Dara... Just a stupid game..." I reminded myself.

 

I was just only be able to look at you from afar, unable to come close

Though I wanted to remain close by your side

I had no choice but to leave

Though I loved you...

 

I was about to take a step away from the place but I heard Joong Ki's voice.

 

"Stop right there, Young Lady!" he shouted, stopping me from going away. "It's not my turn yet..."

 

----

 

Part 1 for now, I'll post the continuation later. I need to sleep first since I'm tired from watching 2ne1's AON concert hahaha.