I can't

If I was the One

 

"Joongie!" I drop on my knees and timely caught him before he can land on the ground. "J-Jae? Wake up..." I tapped him gently on his cheeks but he remained unconscious, leaving me worried.

 

Stupid... why are you so stupid Jae? I told you not to wait for me...

 

 I said to myself while staring at his unconscious self. "Why are you doing this to me?" I asked him even though I know that he won't answer. "Don't you know you are hurting me?" I asked again, tears falling freely down my cheeks.

 

It hurts... my heart hurts... and it's because of you again...

 

I pulled myself together and pulled him up. I did not bother pick my umbrella since we are now both soaked on the rain. I gently put him inside my car and when I get in, I grabbed my hand phone and dialed Seunghyun's number.

 

"Dee! Help me with--"

 

"Tabi-ah! Stay in your house! I'll come over!" I said as soon as he picked up, not letting him finish what he's about to say.

 

"But I--"

 

"Stay or you'll die." I said and ended the call. I started my engine and drive as fast as I can. It took me ten minutes to reach his household.

 

I saw Tabi waiting at the front door looking like a fool. "Uwaaah! It's a good thing you are here---"

 

I frowned and stopped him from talking. "Come with me!" I said and dragged him out of his own will.

 

"Y-yah! You don't need to drag me! Bom is the one who--- bloody hell! W-what have you done, Dee?"

 

He said as soon as he saw the unconscious Jaejoong on my car. He stared at me, his mouth hanging open. "Y-you... don't tell me you finally lost it and kidnapped Jaejoong?"

 

I laughed for a second. I stared at him and gave him a sly smile.

 

"It's true..." he covered his mouth from shock. "No. You can't do that, Sandara... You must-- ow! Ow! Stop hitting me!"

 

Seunghyun said while avoiding my dangerous hands. "Stop being ridiculous, Tabi! Why would I kidnapped him? Psh!" I said, rolling my eyes.

 

"Then why is he with you?" he asked.

 

"Later. For now, get him out my car before that guy get sick." I said, saving the storytelling later. Seunghyun stared at me, looking at me suspiciously.

 

"Are you sure you didn't kidnapped him? I don't want to be your accompl-- ow!" he yelped when I whacked him again on his head.

 

"Aisht! This alien... Get him out or I won't help you with Bom?" I said, threatening him. He smiled like a fool when he heard me and quickly grabbed Jaejoong. "Y-Yah! Be gentle!" I said when I saw him pulling Jae like a toy.

 

"Yes, Ma'am." he said.

 

We went to one of his guest room and he gently put Jaejoong on the black leather couch. Tabi left us for a second and when he came back, he gave me some clothes for Jaejoong and for me also.

 

"Just tell the maids if you need anything. I'll go now before my Bom kills me." He casually said and walked away.

 

I immediately stood up when I heard what he just said. "Y-Yah! Where are you going?! You can't leave here!" I said, panicking. Seunghyun stopped and faced me. "You take care of him--"

 

"I lend you my house so you take care of him." he said, smirking at me.

 

"No way!"

 

"Yes way!"

 

"No! You stay here!" I said, my voice in a high pitch.

 

Seunghyun stared at me for a second and without saying anything, he turned his back on me. "Y-Yah! Choi Seunghyun!" I shouted, still following him all the way to the garage. I keep on talking but he continue from ignoring me and get in on his car. "Choi Seunghyun! You can't leave here!" I said, stomping off my feet.

 

Seunghyun smirked at me and said his goodbye. "Y-Yah! You should at least give him a bath!" I yelled at the top of my lungs but he already drive his car, leaving me thunderstruck. "CHOI SEUNGHYUN! YOU'LL REALLY GET IT FROM ME! ARGH!" I shouted in frustration.

 

I gathered all of my strength and gently tapped Jaejoong. "Jaejoong-ah.." I called out his name but he remained unconscious. "Jae... wake up." I tried to wake him up again and finally, he moved a bit and gradually opened his eyes.

 

"A-angel?" he mumbled, his voice, hoarse. "W-what happened?" he asked me and sat. "Where are we?"

 

"Wash up first." I said, not answering his questions. "You'll get sick if you don't." I continued.

 

Jaejoong smiled and nodded his head. He slowly get up from the couch and started walking towards the bathroom.

 

"Be careful." I said nonchalantly as he stared at me when I grabbed his arms to assist him when I saw him lose his balance.

 

"Thank you..." he said before he entered the bathroom.

 

"Tell me if you need anything." I said after a minute of battling with myself.

 

"Yes... Thank you." I heard him say at the other side of the door.

 

Five minutes passed when he entered the bathroom but there are no signs of him getting out. I waited patiently, asking him if everything's alright but he was not answering me. I waited again for five minutes and asked him but still, there's no response and somehow, it's making me feel uneasy.

 

"Jaejoong-ah?" I called out his name. "Are you okay?" I asked but still, no answer. I knocked on the door for a few times but all I hear is the sound of the water from the shower. "Jae?!" I raised my voice. I knocked worriedly while calling out his name. "Jaejoong?!" I called again but there's still no answer.

 

I gulped and turned the knob, my heart beating fast not because of him showering but because I'm damn worried about him. I swallowed again before entering the bathroom, it's a good thing I asked him not to lock the door.

 

"Jaejoong-ah?" I called again once I stepped inside.

 

I breathe in a sigh of relief when I was greeted by a huge mirror and a sink. Don't get me wrong, I am really worried about Jae but my heart ain't ready to see a man, that is if he is really .

 

"Jae? Are you okay?" I asked again, hoping that he would answer this time.

 

I walked slowly towards the wall dividing the area. I took a single step on the three-step stairs. "Jaejoong?" I called out his name but still, no answer was given to me.

 

Just walk straight inside, Dara. There's nothing wrong with it! You are just worried! So what if you saw something you should not? It's a state of emergency for goodness sake!

 

I said to myself. I shook my head and slapped both of the side of my cheeks. "I can do it" I said to myself and walked straight towards the shower area. My eyes went wide when I saw him lying unconscious on the floor.

 

"J-Jae!" I immediately ran towards him, shutting the shower off. "J-Jae?!" I slapped his wet cheeks to wake him up but he remained unconscious. "Damn!" I cussed and grabbed his body.

 

 I put him down on the couch and covered his body with the towel.

 

You are really dead, Choi Seunghyun

 

I grabbed another towel and dried him up. "Damn... Dammit!" I continued from cursing when I realized that he's burning hot.  

 

"D-don't cuss."

 

I stared at Jaejoong when I heard him speak.

 

"Let's go to the hospital."

 

Jae shook his head, smiling faintly at me. "I'm alright... no need---"

 

"No! You are hot!"

 

He chuckled. "I know I am hot." he said playfully despite his fever.

 

"Jaejoong!"

 

"I'm fine... as long as you're with me." he said, touching my face.

 

"No." I said, grabbing his hands away from my face. "Let's go to the hospital."

 

Jaejoong stared at me, his eyes pleading like a puppy. "It's just a fever... let's just stay here."

 

"Just a fever?! just a fever and yet you collapsed two times in a row!" I said, getting mad at the stubborn guy in front of me.

 

"I'm sorry..." he suddenly apologized. "I know you don't want to take care of me---"

 

"What nonsense are you talking about?! Aish! I'm just--"

 

"So you want to take care of me?" he smiled again.

 

I frowned at him. "Get yourself dress and stay in that bed." I said, giving him the clothes Seunghyun gave to me.

 

"H-hey... are you mad?" he asked me.

 

"I am not." I simply answered. "Move now." I demanded like a queen.

 

I saw him smirked. "Do you want me to put my clothes on in front of you?"

 

"Argh!" I stormed out of the door and left him alone inside. How can he joke at a time like this?!

 

I went to the kitchen and I saw a female servant. She stared at me from toe to head and I saw her rolled her eyes.

 

What the hell is wrong with this girl?

 

I tried to calm myself because if I don't, I probably would shot this servant in her head. "Can I make a porridge?" I asked her calmly.

 

"I'll make it." she said, giving me a fake smile.

 

"No. I don't want to burden you. I'll make it---"

 

"Miss, I said I will make it." she said without any hint of respect to me as if I am no guest in Seunghyun's house.

 

Stop me from hitting this girl... She's pissing me off!

 

"No offense meant but I don't want you to blow the kitchen and young master Jaejoong might not like your porridge." she added, making my blood boil further.

 

"What did you just say?" I asked her, restraining myself from the urge to punch this female servant.

 

She smiled. "What I mean is, you can go home now and I'll take care of young master Jaejoong."

 

"Are you interested in him?"

 

"If you get it, then get out."

 

She said as if I am lower than her. I am not against any helper except this rude female helper in front of me. Except being a rude , she also has the guts to tell me she's interested in Jaejoong.

 

"Why would I get out?" I asked her, a smile is plastered on my face.

 

"Because you are a gold digger, " she blatantly said, insulting me at her best.

 

"I'll give you three reasons why you should get out of my sight now." I started talking calmly even though I want to rip this girl in front of me. "First, it's not your house I am in but Seunghyun's house so you can't kick me out." I said, my arms folded on my chest. "Second, stop being a because I am the only one who can around here this time."

 

"So you are admi---"

 

"Shut your filthy mouth, I am not finish yet." I dismissed what she was about to say. "Third, stop hoping because Jaejoong will never set his eyes on you because his eyes is only for me... not just his eyes but also his nose, his lips, his heart, his whole body and even his soul. So if you get it, get out of my sight or you'll never get out of here unscathed."

 

I said and I saw the female servant turned pale. She turned her back on me and get out of the kitchen. I smirked and went towards the fridge, smiling like a fool because of my victory. Psh! How dare she talk to me like that, I am not a weak lady she can bully around. I may be small and thin but I am not a girl who would back down on her opponent, not this time... not tomorrow... and not in the future...

 

I put down the tray on the side table and pulled a chair. My brows furrowed when I saw Jaejoong smiling like he won the jackpot prize at the lottery.

 

"Eat first so you can drink your medicine and rest." I said with a poker face.

 

"Did you cook it for me?" he asked, a smile still plastered on his face.

 

I nodded as an answer. "Did you blow up Seunghyun's kitchen?" he asked again.

 

"Of course not!"

 

He giggled. "Really?"

 

I frowned. "If you don-"

 

He suddenly grabbed the bowl from me. "Is this edible?"

 

"If you don't want to eat it then I'll just ask--"

 

"It's delicious! Dayuum!" he said after trying my porridge.

 

I looked away, my face burning hot.

 

Gosh! Why are you suddenly shy? It's just a simple praise, Dara. Just a praise! No big deal!

 

After eating the porridge I made, I gave him his medicine.

 

"Rest now."

 

He shook his head. "I don't want to."

 

I glared at him. "Stop being stubborn and just sleep."

 

He laughed. "Don't be too hard on me, Angel."

 

"A-angel? W-who is your angel?!" I said, my voice in a high pitch.

 

"Hmmm... You are my only angel." he said, smiling from ear to ear.

 

"W-what are you saying? Psh! You have too many girls, you damn playboy!" I hissed, remembering all his ex girlfriends and flings. Psh! Remembering the lady at the club when we first met again and all those ladies who keep on calling at his office and who keep on appearing like a mushroom makes my blood boil.

 

"Eh?" he reacted, looking at me like I said something silly. "Hmmm... don't you know that my eyes are only set on you?" he said, staring at me with his beautiful eyes.

 

"Shut up and just sleep" I said and stood up but my body suddenly turned when he grabbed my arms and pulled me towards him as if he's not sick. He smirked when I fell to his chest. I was about to move away but he grabbed my waist and our eyes met.

 

"Not that fast, angel." he said, pulling me closer. "I am not finish yet." he said, staring at me without batting an eyelash. "it's not only my eyes but my nose is yours too..." he said and our nose touched.

 

"Y-you--" my eyes widened when I heard what he just said. I didn't even finish my sentence when he pushed me on the bed... this time, he was the one on top of me.

 

"it's not only my nose that is yours..." he whispered, his face getting closer to mine.

 

My world suddenly stopped when he finally claimed my lips.

 

He claimed my lips...

 

Jaejoong kissed me...

 

again...

 

"my lips is also yours." he smiled at me.

 

my mind is still trying to load what was happening between us. I think it's overloading because of this guy in front of me.

 

my heart is not even functioning correctly...

 

it's beating fast like I am in a race competition when he's close.

 

but...

 

my heart suddenly beats slow like a snail when he's closer... like when he kissed me.

 

"my whole body is yours too." he said, this time he didn't do anything which I am thankful for because anymore of his craziness and I won't be able to take it.

 

he smiled at me again... he showed me his billion dollar smile...

 

He pulled me up and now we're both sitting on the bed. "I already told you that I love you." he said. "I already said it but I will say it again." he hold my hands.

 

"I love you, Sandara Park." he said while looking at me in the eyes then kissed my hands. "I love you so much and I am telling you that my heart is yours..."

 

"Jae---"

 

"Sshhh..." he placed his index finger on my lips. "Let me finish first, hmmm?" he said, smiling at me. "my soul is also yours... I'll gladly offer you my life, Dara. I will catch a bullet for you... even a grenade..."

 

He said and embraced me. "I'm sorry for hurting you... I know that I've been a jerk and I can't expect you to accept me again... I will understand if you don't because I caused you too much pain... I won't give any excuse because I know that no matter what my reasons are for leaving you, I did really hurt you... and I am sorry for that... I really am sorry, Dara." he said, still embracing me.

 

I was stunned when I felt something liquid on my shoulder.

 

He's crying...

 

"Even if you hate me now... or loathe me.."

 

"Jaejo--"

 

"Please, can you let me love you?"

 

That's the last thing I heard from him before he fell asleep while embracing me. I didn't even had the chance to respond because he suddenly fell asleep from his long confession.

 

I don't hate you... nor loathe you...

 

 I said to myself while staring at Jaejoong.

 

I never hated you... I wanted to but I just can't bring myself to really hate you.. I just can't... may be because deep inside me... deep inside the feelings I tried to bury... it's still you...

 

"but... I'm sorry, Jae..." I told him, my eyes now tearing up. "I can't be with you..." I smiled bitterly...

 

Even if I wanted to... I can't.. because I am a coward... because I am afraid to get hurt... because I am afraid to hurt the people around me if I choose you again...

 

I hold his hands and kissed it gently. I felt his forehead and kissed it. His fever is gone and I think, I have to leave him now too.

 

"Don't get sick again... stupid jerk" I said and left him with a heavy heart.

 

----

Here's an update kekeke! I wanted to update earlier but the author is lazy typing on my tablet haha. I can't even type on my laptop without getting annoyed since some keys are malfunctioning, thanks to my niece doing lol. In the end, I bought a keyboard for temporary use and update today though this update is quite sad and overly dramatic because of our heroine here. Personally, I would hit her in the head so she can accept Jaejoong but if I did, Joong Ki won't have his chance. Jaejoong would get Dara easily without too much difficulty, not facing Leeteuk and Bommie's wrath =p  and the story will end kekeke.

 

Was it too much dramatic? Guess not, hahaha. I'll try my best to update again, tell me when will I update and I might grant your wish. Ciao!