What's there to like?

If I was the One

I took a deep breath and muster up my courage. I slowly opened the door, look from right to left, from front to back. I stood up straight and greeted the attendant.

 

"Good morning, Young Lady. Miss Kang told me that you had an emergency yesterday that is why you left. Here, you left your bag too" the attendant gave me my bag and I thanked her. "Miss Jung, kindly assist Miss Park." Nana told the other attendant.

 

"These way, young lady" Hana guide me and I forced a smile when I saw the pile of box.

 

"Are these the dresses?" I asked and unfortunately, she said yes. I stared at my wristwatch and took a deep breath. "Please help me put these on my car, hope it fits."

 

"Yes, young lady" Hana get one box and made her way on the parking area. I carefully grabbed three boxes and slowly walk since I can't see what's ahead of me.

 

"Let me help you" someone grabbed the boxes away from me and I saw Joong Ki with a smile plastered on his face.

 

"Why are you here? The doctor say that you need to rest and I will pay---" my words were drown when he suddenly left me. "Yah! I am not done talking!" I yelled and followed him, he put the box in his Santa Fe and I even saw the attendant putting the other not on my car but his. "Miss Jung, that is not my car."

 

"Don't mind her, Hana. Just continue." Joong Ki said and the attendant smiled at me and went away. "I'll give you--"

 

"Why don't you just rest and stop minding my business?" I frowned and grabbed the boxes on his car. He touched my hands and stopped me. I faced him again and pulled my wallet inside my bag. "Here." I offered him my money but he just stared at my hand. I take hold of his hand and put the money I owe him. "I already paid you so I think there's no more reason for you to do this." I grabbed the box and walked away but I halt when he blocked my way. "Don't block my way, can't you see I am busy? I have a time to pursue." I said and walked again but he blocked me again. The box fell on the ground when he grabbed my hand. "What did you just do?! Aish!" I pulled my hand and gently take the dress. I scanned it and thanked god, it didn't get soiled.

 

"S-sorry." I heard him said.

 

"If you are sorry then stop messing around." I said and proceeded to my car.

 

"I just want to help you."

 

"And I already told you that I don't need your help." I said and walked back to his car.

 

"Stop being stubborn, Sandara. You won't get there in time if you---"

 

"And whose fault it is?" I asked and he fell silent. "That's why, just stay still and don't disturb me"

 

"I'll give you a ride." he insisted but I ignored him.

 

"Young master, we're done" Hana said as she reached us. I glared at Joong Ki and he smirked then pointed his car.

 

"Well?" He said, still grinning. "Time is ticking, tik tok tik tok"

 

I narrowed my eyes and stomped my feet. "Aish! Just this time" I said and marched toward my car. Joong Ki followed me and get the boxes himself. I entered his car and put on a seatbelt.

 

"Wake up..." someone tapped my shoulder and I saw Joong Ki smiling. "We're here" he said. I pulled my phone and sent a message to Sora unnie. After a few minutes, she came with her staff.

 

"Sorry to disturb you, Dee." Sora unnie apologetically said while embracing me. "We're really busy and we were just informed of the changes yesterday so--"

 

"Ey... It's alright unnie. I can help too, if you want me to start now." I said politely and she smiled.

 

"Is it okay with you?"

 

I nodded. "Of course! Staying in the house is so boring and Bom will just drag me anywhere she please."

 

"You are an angel!" Sora unnie said and I forced a smile.

 

"T-thanks for giving me a lift."

 

"No problem." he said and went out of his car.

 

"Omo! Good morning Mr. Song!" Sora unnie and the staff automatically bowed to Joong Ki.

 

"Good morning Miss Kang." Joong Ki greeted back. I stared at them, clueless at what's happening. Sora unnie pulled me and forced me to bow.

 

"This is my new assistant, Sandara Park." Sora unnie introduced me. When I looked up, Joong Ki was smiling. "Dee, this is K's Marketing Director, Mr. Soong Joong Ki" Sora unnie said. My eyes went wide while I saw Joong Ki smirking.

 

"I see... You have a very passionate assistant." Joong Ki offered me his hand. I grabbed it and shook his hands. "Please take care of me, Miss Park." Joong Ki said in a not so teasing manner.

 

"Y-yes." I said.

 

"Good luck on your first day of work" he smiled and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

"Unnie, can you hit me? T-that guy is our Boss?" Sora unnie looked at me. "Aish! I'm doomed!" I pulled my hair in frustration.

 

"Wae? Did something happen?" Sora unnie asked.

 

"Ahh.. None..." I lied, still thinking of my manners towards Joong Ki.

 

I quickly scanned the area and pulled a chair as soon as Sora unnie told me to rest. My stomach growled and someone giggled.

 

"Here." I saw a hand, offering me sandwich. I looked up and saw Joong Ki.

 

"N-no thanks" I refused even though I am really hungry.

 

"You are rejecting me?" Joong Ki asked. I took a deep breath and grabbed the sandwich and eat it silently. "That's good." he said and sat beside me. "I told you, we will be seeing each other again" he suddenly speak. "I was really surprised when I saw you at Frestine. I thought my eyes are playing with me so I followed you and the rest is history." he said while I just listened to him, still eating the sandwich he gave me. "I know that you don't like me for some reason--" I choked when he said that. I hit my chest and cough, trying to clear the blockage. I saw him panicked and quickly went behind me and performed abdominal . "Are you alright?" he asked worriedly.

 

"Whew! Thanks..." I said and gave him a smile. I averted my eyes and looked around. "I... I think I will help them." I awkwardly said and left him.

 

Aish, that guy's mouth is really unbelievable. It's like some magic was casted on him... even his actions are unpredictable...

 

 After finishing the work, I bid my farewell first. I went outside the building and a car stopped in front of me. Joong Ki lowered his window and waved.

 

"I'll drive you home." he said and I politely refused. The next thing I knew, I am sitting on his car. "You... as one of our employee, I cannot leave you alone." he said when he dragged me earlier and forcefully pushed me inside his car. "You are attractive.." he said and I raised my eyebrow. "I mean, you are attracting trouble wherever you are." he sounded defensive. "When we first met in the club, you broke your ankle when you tried stopping your male friend from beating my acquaintance. The second time we met, a bunch of ahjussi's tried to harrass you and I was.."

 

"Beaten" I said and he looked annoyed.

 

"Y-yeah... but believe me, I am not just in a good condition yesterday because if--"

 

"you are in a good condition you will beat them easily" I cut his words and he looked more annoyed. "Wae? That's what you're about to say right?" I said with ignorance.

 

"Why do I get the feeling that you don't like me?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Ani... I don't dislike you." I answered.

 

He nodded and smiled. "So, it is safe to say that you like me?"

 

I laughed. "I don't dislike you but I don't like you either. I'm in the middle..."

 

"Eyy.. That's not fair" he said, shaking his head. "The only choice is whether you like me or not."

 

"Well, for me my version is fairest. But if you insist on your version, then I am sorry to break the news to you, I am more on disliking you." I smiled and turned his music on.

 

"Yah! So you don't really like me!" he reacted quickly and I ignored him. "That's not fair, Sandara. I saved you and helped you, you know!"

 

"So?"

 

"So?! So it is just expected that you will like me!" he said with disbelief.

 

I chuckled. "You are annoying... You are nosy... What's there to like?"

 

"I am... I am handsome!" he said and I saw him blushed.

 

"Are you?"

 

"Y-yeah!" he looked at me and I refrain from laughing.

 

"Eyes on the road..." I said and he followed. "Alright... I don't want to crush someone's belief, you know."

 

"Yah! Sandara Park!"

 

"Eyes on the road Mr. Song" I said.

 

Bommie and Hye Sun dragged me upstairs as soon as Joong Ki was out of sight. They pulled my chair and pushed me.

 

"Who is that guy?"

 

"Are you dating?"

 

"Where did you meet him?"

 

They asked me non-stop and I didn't even manage to answer because I was always cut off. I just listened and wait for them to stop.

 

"Yah! Answer us!" they chorused.

 

"Aigoo, how can I answer if both of you keep on asking me questions? I didn't even picked most of them."

 

"Ppalli! Quickly tell us about him!" Hye Sun said.

 

"Look at these two..." I mumbled and scratch my head. "He is Song Joong Ki. I met him back in Australia, he was the one punched by Hyun Joong and was the one I asked for help when my I hurt my ankle just to get you two alone.. Then, Bommie-ah, you already saw him yesterday too but you obviously forgot it. He was at the police station, the one who tried saving me but in the end I saved him... He offered me a lift earlier when Sora unnie asked me to pick up the dresses and apparently, he is the marketing director of K."

 

"He likes you!" both of them said and I just laughed at their assumption.

 

"He's just nosy..."

 

"I can tell that the flower boy likes you" Bommie said and Hye Sun agreed.

 

"The way he looks at you is not normal." Hye Sun said.

 

"Maybe, he is abnormal."

 

"Yah! Sandara Park, this is not a laughing matter. It is a very serious matter! You need to have a boyfriend if you don't want to be an old maid!" Bommie said.

 

"Aish... I think, both of you are just tired. Why don't you go out and rest for the night. I will sleep too since I will start working tomorrow."

 

"Bwoh? I thought you still have a week?" Hye Sun said.

 

"Wae?" I asked but the two just ignored me and went in the corner and whispered to each other. Then came back with a smirked on their face.

 

"Nothing.. It's good for you to start tomorrow. I think, spring will come to you soon." Bom said in a devious manner.

 

"Rest now, you have to be beautiful tomorrow since it is your first day!" Hye Sun said and both of them happily went out my bedroom.

 

"what's wrong with them?"

 

----

 

Sorry if it's a boring chapter... Thanks for reading!