A gift

If I was the One

 

I am at the cafeteria while waiting for Jaejoong's class to end. We're now college students and it's been three years since we've been a couple. Just like other ordinary couples, our relationship has its own ups and downs and the first time we fought, I cried and unfortunately Leeteuk oppa saw me and I think you can guess what happened next.

 

"Excuse me, can I share a seat?" I looked up and put down my book. I was about to speak but Jae suddenly showed up and banged his things at the table. The guy who asked was startled and so am I.

 

"You can't" he coldly said and sat at the vacant chair. The guy forced a smile and went away.

 

I smiled at him and put away my book. "You should have not done that."

 

"What? Are you telling me I am in the wrong?" he raised his voice. "I'm just trying to protect you from wolves!"

 

I giggled. "Aigoo, those wolves are no match for you, Jae. I am just telling you that you can simply tell him that he can't because the seat is already taken."

 

"Psh! How can I stay calm when I knew very well that he's after my girlfriend?" he said and look at his watch. "What do you want to eat?"

 

"Errr... Let's eat outside, I already made a reservation." I smiled.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't eat outside. I have a meeting with my group mates and I only have thirty minutes."

 

"Oh... I see.." I forced a smile. "You can choose for me then." I said and he disappeared before me in a second. Jae gave me my food and he quickly ate his. "Slow down." I said but he ignored me and finished his food while I am only at my second bite and much to my disappointment, he gathered his things and stood up.

 

"I'm really sorry but I have to go now." he said and looked at his watch again.

 

"It's alright. I'll wait for you at the garden then." I said and he just nodded. I let out a sigh when he was already out of sight and called Bom. "I'm sorry but we cannot make it this lunch." I said, trying to sound happy. Bom almost ruined my ears when she yelled and told me that my boyfriend is a jerk and she will kill him. "Don't worry, we'll be there after his class. I'll call you again so you can prepare."

 

"Be sure that you will really go here or that boyfriend of yours will be murdered by me!" Bom said at the other line. I ended the call and did not bother to respond. I gathered my things and went to my next class and after many hours of waiting, I went to the garden and waited for him.

 

"Guess I'm a little early." I smiled and stared at my wristwatch. It's five minutes before 5:30 and Jae's class will end at 5:30 or if I am out of luck, their professor might overtime. Five thirty has passed but there's still no sign of Jae. I waited for another five minutes but he's still not here. I stared at my handphone but there's no message yet. Bom already called and I can't even answer her where my boyfriend is. I smiled when I receive a message from him at six.

 

It's alright... I'll wait for you at Ashiya's, hmmm? You must run after your meeting or I will chase you to the depths of hell. I love you kekeke.

 

I went to Ashiya's and Bom was frowning when she saw me alone, without Jae. Even after telling her the reason, she kept on talking but I did not let it bother me.

 

"Where is he now?" Bom asked me again.

 

"Well, he's at the meeting right?" I smiled at her.

 

"At the meeting?! Sandara Park, two hours have passed and he's still at the meeting?!"

 

"Bommie, stop shouting. It's embarrassing" I whispered.

 

"Yes it is embarrassing! Of course! There's no embarrassing than this, Sandara! You've waited enough! I've waited enough and I think, we must go home!" Bom grabbed me but I pulled away. "Come on!"

 

"He will come, Bommie." I said in a low voice, restraining myself from crying.

 

"For goodness sake, Dee! This restaurant needs to close too, it's already eight-thirty! I don't mind waiting if it's just us but those people working here has a life, they need to go home too!"

 

"I... I'm sorry... I think you are right." I said still refraining from crying. I apologized to the employees of Ashiya's as well as to Bom. "You don't have to come with me Bommie... I can manage."

 

She looked at me with doubt. "I insist. I'll go home straight."

 

"Fine. Be sure, I'll call immediately once I get home."

 

I nodded and smiled faintly. I heave a sigh and decided to go to Han River since it was just near Ashiya but I stopped when I receive a message. I don't even know how I managed to come here, I can't think straight... my body is still shaking from fear...

 

I gulped and went inside the pub. It's noisy and crowded and I can't find him.

 

Stupid. Why did I even  believe it? He can't do that to me.

 

I smiled cheerfully, it seems like a thorn from my throat were removed. I turned my back and my smile faded.

 

"N-no..." my tears started to fall on its own. Not far from me, there's Seunghyun and... and... J-Jae.. kissing a girl.

 

"Miss, are you alright?" someone tapped my shoulder but I ignored her instead I walk slowly towards them. Seunghyun stared at me in horror but Jae did not stop kissing the girl. I wiped my tears and let out a laugh, a sinister one. I don't know, maybe I've gone mad. I don't know anymore why he's still kissing that girl when I am just in front of them.

 

I grabbed the girl and pulled her away from Jaejoong.

 

"Yah! Who the hell are you?!" roared the girl and was about to slap me but I was quick, I slapped her first. "Y-you---"

 

"Shut up! Don't dare take a single step or you won't like what I will do to you!" I said with gritted teeth and stared at Jae. "How nice of you, Kim Jaejoong..." I said, looking at him straight in the eye. I can't even see a guilt in his eyes, he looks like he did nothing wrong.

 

"Dara..."

 

"Shut up, Seunghyun." I silenced him. "A meeting? You must be happy, I did look like a fool while waiting for you at the garden and at Ashiya... Wae? Why did you do this Jae? Am I not good enough for you?!" I said beaming with tears.

 

"Dara--"

 

"I am not talking to you Seunghyun!" I shouted at him.

 

"Enough." I heard Jaejoong speak. My head automatically turned to him... His eyes... His eyes are cold as ice... unlike before... The way he looks at me now, I can't accept it... "Go home, you are causing trouble."

 

"You heard her !" the girl pushed me aside and linked her arms with Jae.

 

I let out a laugh. "You... Tell me.. Don't you lo--"

 

"I don't love you anymore... Ah... Let me rephrase that, I thought I love you but I was wrong. I am just challenge because you are the girl who is hard to get... I thought I can put up with it but no... I am tired of you, Sandara Park... We're over." he said without batting an eye.

 

"Jaejoong--"

 

"Don't stop me from saying it Top. She must know... I am tired from hiding---"

 

"Kyaaah!" the girl yelled when Jaejoong fell on the ground and blood start running from his lips.

 

"Thanks for letting me know, bastard." I said restraining myself from giving him another blow. "Happy third year anniversary... Thanks for the farewell gift..." I turned my back but faced them again. I went straight to the girl and gave her right and left cheeks a slap. "Good, that blush on looks good on you, " I smirked and left them.

 

"Dara! Wait up!" I heard Seunghyun calling me.

 

"L-leave me alone!" my voice cracked when I yelled at him. My knees automatically fell on the ground.

 

"Dara, I'll get you home" he said with a concerned voice.

 

"I.. I am fine."

 

"You are not!" he said, trying to make me stand.

 

"D-don't touch me."

 

"You need to--"

 

"I said don't touch me!" I said while tears continue to fall. "Don't touch me..."

 

He pulled me closer and embraced me. "It's alright, Dee... you'll be--"

 

"How can I be alright? He told me that he love me... he promised me that he won't hurt me... I.. I thought I am the one... I really believe that I am the one but Seunghyun--"

 

"Hush now.."

 

"Seunghyun... It hurts... It hurts... Why? Did I do anything wrong? What did I do wrong?" I continued to ask still crying.

 

"I am sorry, Dee..."

 

I punched his chest while crying. "I love him... I love him so much it hurts... H-how can I go on now? I... I can't live without him, Seunghyun! I... I c-can't... How can I go on now? He's been with me ever since... I continued to live on... contented enough that he's with me even as friends but now... we can't.. I can't see him anymore... I can't get close to him anymore... What should I do now..."

 

"Dara, get a hold of yourself--"

 

"W-will he let me be with him?" I looked up to him with hopeful eyes. "I will be a good girl... I will not interfere with his business oh? He can like any girl and I won't say anything.."

 

Seunghyun just stayed silent.

 

"Do I have to beg?" I burst into tears. "Seunghyun-ah... Can you talk to him? Please tell him I'll be a good girl and make him come back... please.."

 

"Let's get you home..."

 

"No... I will come home if you promise me that you will make him come back..."

 

"F-fine.. Promise. Now let's go home..."

 

-----

 

Here's an update, far from a happy one unlike the previous chapter hahaha.