The Deal

If I was the One

“Oppa-“

 

“My decision is final, Dara. You will never go back to that company and you will stay away from that bastard.” Leeteuk oppa seriously said.

 

I heave a sigh. “Oppa… I am not young anymore. I am not the foolish girl that I was back then.” I told my brother and sat on the chair across him.

 

Leeteuk oppa stared at me. “Not the foolish girl that you were back then?” he laughed sarcastically. “Why is it that while I am looking at you right now, all I can see is a fool? Stop insisting on going back to that place because I will never agree to it. Never.”

 

“Then maybe something is wrong with your eyes?” I shot back. “Oppa, I know that you are worried about me but this time, can you let me face what’s in front of me?” I still continued my speech even though I know that he will never agree to it.

 

“And let you be hurt again? Dara, you almost went insane four years ago! And that’s because of that bastard! And I don’t want to repeat that again!” he said, almost yelling at me. “Don’t be a fool and stop right here, Dara.”

 

“Oppa… If I told you to stop being a fool and stay away from Sora unnie, will you do that?” I asked him.

 

I saw my brother looking at me in disbelief. “Dara, our situation is not the same so do not ask me such question. Listen to me this time, my dear little sister. It’s for the better.”

 

“But---”

 

“No more buts, Dara. I can agree with any man that you will like and date in the future except for this bastard.” Leeteuk oppa said and motioned me to go out of his study.

 

“Young lady, where are you going?” Inseong asked, one of the bodyguards of my brother.

 

“l just want to breathe some fresh air.” I plainly told him but before I can go out of the door, two bodyguards already blocked my way. “Move.”

 

“Young lady, you may breathe some fresh air at the garden.” Seungjun smiled at me while pointing at the garden’s location.

 

“I need some fresh air coming from outside this house.” I told him, trying to calm myself and restrain from punching his handsome face.

 

Seunghoon smiled and pointed at the garden. “Yes, young lady. The garden is outside this house, so you can go there.” The guy said casually as if not affected by my deathly glares.

 

I force myself to smile and just went back to my room. Seriously, what am I going to do here? Bore myself to death? No laptop, no handphone and no freedom to go outside this freaking house.

 

“Dee, wake up.”

 

I heard Bom’s voice trying to wake me from my deep slumber. “Why?” I replied without opening my eyes.

 

“It’s dinner time.” Bom informed me.

 

“I don’t have appetite to eat. Just let me sleep, at least I’m free in my dreamland.” I told her, not trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

 

“It’s for your own good, Dee. Leeteuk oppa just doesn’t want to repeat history.” She replied and I can sense that she is somehow sorry.

 

“Yeah right… Just let me sleep, Bommie-ah. I’ll eat when I feel hungry.” I told her and covered my head with the blanket.

 

I heard Bom’s sigh before she left my room. You can’t blame me for my attitude. They are really too much this time. It’s been two months since the incident at Jaejoong’s company but they still won’t let me out of the house. During those times, they confiscated my handphone and my laptop and until now, they are still not giving it back.

 

 “Dara…” I heard my brother’s voice outside the door. He went inside and sat on my bed. “Fine… You win.” He said in defeat but I did not respond. “I’ll let you out the house and return your gadgets.” He continued but I never replied. “I… I will let you return to that place---”

 

“Really?” I answered and got up, staring at my brother.

 

“But on one condition.”

 

I stared at my brother. “Say it.”

 

“You… You will never get back together with that bastard.”

 

He said which left me speechless. It’s not like I didn’t expect it to hear from him. I already anticipated that he will say these words to me but still I cannot find the right words to say.

 

You are not just a challenge to me, not four years ago and it is still not in the present.

 

I really love you… I never stopped loving you and I will not stop loving you even in death.

 

I won’t lose her this time.

 

I’ll do everything if it means to be with her.

 

I will be the biggest liar if I said that I am not moved with those sentences. Those sentences kept on repeating in my head.

 

“Why?” I asked my brother the most stupid question.

 

“Because that is my condition, Dara.” He answered.

 

I stared at him and smiled. “Deal.” I said because right now I need some answers to my question.

 

I need to know why he broke up with me four years ago if he did not treat me as a challenge. I want to know why he broke up with me if he did not stop loving me all these years. I need answers and I will grab any opportunity just to get answers from him.

 

“Not so fast, young lady.” My brother said.

 

“Why?” I asked in a confuse manner.

 

“Because there will be a big consequence if you break the deal.” He said and handed me an envelope.

 

I accepted the envelope. “What’s this?”

 

“The consequence.” He said and motioned me to open it.

 

“Are you crazy?!” I yelled at my brother, looking at him in disbelief.

 

He smiled. “So, is it a deal or not?”

 

“Y-you… I can’t believe you!” I said and give the envelope back to him.

 

“You can’t be with him again, Dara.” He said.

 

“Get out.” I said coldly.

 

My brother got up and went out of the room, leaving me alone.

 

“Ha… Ha… Hahaha!” I laughed. “Ha… Ha… Hahaha!” I laughed in disbelief… “What a joke.” I laughed again and cried at the same time. What a good joke, brother.