Fate or not?

If I was the One


I went out of the shop as quickly as I can and let my tears fall on its own. I bumped into someone but I did not bother to say sorry because all of my painful memories began to sink over me again.

 

How can I forget? Damn these tears, why can't it stop falling! 

 

I wiped off my tears and continued to walk, away from that place.. I thought I am already fine but I was wrong... My heart still aches whenever I remember our past... Whenever I remember him... Four years ain't enough to forget him... I really hate him... I hate him for throwing me away.. I hate him for leaving me when he promised he won't... I hate him because he made me love him so deeply... 

 

"What's wrong with you, lady?!" Someone asked me and when I look, a bunch of drunk ahjussi's are blocking my way.

 

"Are you lonely? Come" one of them grabbed my hand.

 

I quickly pulled my hand and glared at them. "Get out of my way." I said but they just laughed at me, like a mad man.

 

They exchanged dark looks with each other. "Oho! Just come with us!" The tallest one grabbed my arms and while I was struggling to get away, the next thing I knew, he was on the ground.

 

"Yah! Who are you?! Don't interfere with our business!" The other one growled. "That lady is ours, so go away!" He said again. 

 

"W-what?! Y-yours? How dare---"

 

My words were drowned when the guy standing in front of me punched the imprudent old man in the face, and fell on the ground just like the other guy who was already K.O.ed. 

 

"Yah! Ahjussi's, stop hitting on my girl if you don't want to--" 

 

The other three old man attacked the guy and since he was caught off guard, he was hit and fell on the ground and wasn't able to get up because the two of them continued kicking him while the remaining one smirked and approached me.

 

"Yah! Don't you dare..." the guy coughed blood. "Touch... My... Girl" he finished his sentence.

 

The old man laughed maniacally and stared at me. "Now now, nobody will disturb us." He said and was about to grab me but I already grabbed him and throw him on the ground.

 

"What did you say?! Yeah right, nobody will disturb us. You... I was hesitating earlier because you are older than me but I really can't bear it anymore..." I said, still holding him onto the ground. I saw the other two stopped kicking the poor guy and approached me. I quickly moved away and gave them both a nice flying kick.

 

"Ssantoki!" I heard Bom's voice and saw her running towards me. "Yah! Ahjussi's! What did you do to my precious rabbit?!" 

 

The smallest and most coward among them all automatically covered his head when Bom attempted to hit them but the police officer yelled at her.

 

"We didn't do anything to that lady! C-can't you see we are at the disadvantage here?" The tallest who was K.O.ed earlier shouted shamelessly.

 

I turned my head towards him and glared. 

 

"Miss Park, are the allegations of these people true?" The police officer asked me.

 

"I was acting on self-defense, sir"

 

"Look, young lady! S-self defense?!" Cried the other one who was k.o.ed secondly. "Some of our bones are fractured!"

 

"Then do you want me to break more of your bones!" Bommie angrily shouted. "You tried harrassing my Ssantoki and if she did not know how to defend herse--" Bom was cut off again when the police officer reprimanded her. 

 

Our lawyer came and I just remained silent while Bom keeps on glaring at the five old man. I glanced at the guy and shook my head in disbelief. We got out of the station and I heard Bom calling me already to get inside the car.

 

"H-hey!" I heard someone and I automatically looked at him. "W-won't you at least say thank you?" The guy approached me.

 

I raised an eyebrow. "Wae? Did I ask for help? You suddenly barged in and started speaking and punching those old men even if they are beyond your skill. If there is a person who should be thankful to who, it is you, because I just saved your from them" 

 

He squinted his eyes and growled. "Y-yah! You should still be thankful because I tried saving you, what if you don't know how to defend-- ow!" He winced in pain so his words was cut off. "You can be in grave danger and you... I helped you twice now and you won't say thank you this time again?"

 

"Twice? I don't even know you-"

 

"Psh! We met in Australia, in that club! You asked for my help when you hurt your ankle! How can you forget your savior, you ungrateful girl." 

 

"Ssantoki! Let's go. Leeteuk oppa must be worried now." Bommie called for me again, not minding the guy in front of me. I turned my back on him and approached the car.

 

"Y-yah! Won't you thank me?!" The guy yelled behind my back. I refrain from laughing and told Bom to go home without me. "Whatever! Argh!" I heard him said. It took a few minutes before I can convince Bom.

 

"H-hey!" I shouted at the guy. He stopped but did not look back. I rolled my eyes and approached him. "L... Let's get you treated at the hospital." I hesitantly said. He faced me and a smile is plastered on his face.

 

"Good enough" he said, still smiling.

 

"Psh.. I was just being reasonable. You were injured because of me, well.. It's not like it's my fault. I did not really asked you to help me this time." I commented and I saw him frown.

 

"Ow.. Ahhh.." I heard him winced in pain and when I look at him, he was kneeling on the ground while touching his stomach. I quickly approached him.

 

"A..are you okay?" I asked, worried but he just groaned. "Ottoke... Where does it hurt?" I asked again but he suddenly laughed.

 

"Worried about me?!" He said while still laughing. "Ouch! Y-yah! Don't hit me! Ow! I.. It hurts!"

 

"You jerk! I was really worried and you are just faking it?!" I said, still hitting him.

 

"H-hey, stop it! It really hurts!" He said. I stopped from hitting him and let out a sigh. "Hey... Talk to me.. I look stupid, talking but you are not answering" he said while we are on the cab but I ignored him. "Are you still mad?" He asked for the tenth time. "Lady, I am really sorry for tricking you.. I won't do it again" he said.

 

"Shut your mouth. You are noisy" I said and I saw him smile again. "Stop smiling, it's irritating"

 

"I can't stop smiling, hearing your voice makes me happy." I choked when he said that.

 

"Shut it" I managed to answer, not looking at him.

 

"Why are you still answering? You want to see me happy again?" He asked and I stared at him.

 

"Stop talking or I will really hit you hard" I threatened him. He smiled again and pinched my nose. "Yah! What do you think you are doing? I don't even know you--"

 

"I am Joong Ki... Song Joong Ki" he smiled. "Now you know" and he pinched me again.

 

"Are you asking for a death sentence?!" 

 

"Nope... I am asking for your name" he said, leaving me in utter disbelief.

 

"What's the point of telling you mine? Didn't you already heard it at the police station?" I argued back.

 

He smiled. "I want it to hear from you"

 

I frowned. "You heard it from me since I told the police officer my name when he was getting our statement"

 

"But you did not tell it to me directly, lady" he argued back. 

 

"Not my fault, not my problem." I just said. "And we won't meet again so you don't need to know"

 

The driver suddenly stopped and the next thing I knew, Joong Ki is holding me close to him.

 

"L-let go" I whispered, trying to break free but he is holding me tightly.

 

"Are you sure we won't meet again?" He asked and I can even smell his breath because we are just an inches away.

 

"Y-yah... Let go if you don't want to be hit again" i said but he pulled me closer to him. I secretly cursed the driver because it is his fault.

 

"They said that we if meet the same person thrice, you are connected by fate" he said. "And I think we will meet for the third time."

 

"But the thing is, we will not meet again and if we go by that logic, every person we meet for the third time is connected by us. So what do you call those you met for thousands of time, connected by you at super affinity? Tsk"

 

"Well, you are right... Well, let me take that to the next level. If we meet for the third time, may be we're connected by this" he said and show me his pinky finger. "the red string"

 

I laugh. "That is your belief, not mine. I don't believe in fate... People make their own choices" I said, still trying to break free but I can't.

 

He stared at me, as if trying to read my mind and smiled. "If we, by chance, meet for the third time, will you tell me your name?" He asked again and I just nodded to end the conversation. "I didn't hear you, lady" he smirked.

 

"I will tell you, so let go of me now" I impatiently said and he gladly let me go. 

 

"We're here" the driver interfered. I get out of the car and I just realize that I left my bag at the shop. "Well?" The driver said, waiting for the payment.

 

"Err..." I look at Joong Ki and he get the message. He pulled his wallet and paid for the fare.

 

"Woah... You told me to be treated at the hospital but you don't have money with you?" He said sarcastically, well, more like teasing.

 

"I.. I'll pay for it. I left my wallet at the shop."

 

He smirked. "I think you are quite wrong... Yes, people make their choices but was it your choice to meet me again?" He said and I just can't argue because he has a point. I did not intend to meet him but because I left my wallet, there is no choice to choose from.

 

"Whatever... I will stick to my belief" 

 

"fine... Now you owe me your name." He said.

 

"Sandara... Sandara Park. Happy now?" I said and he pulled me close and put his arms around my shoulder. "Y-yah! We're not friends so don't just pull me and place your arms around me like we are one."

 

"Eyy.. Supporting me won't hurt, right?" 

 

"Are you kidding me? Do you even need support when you can grabbed me like that in the cab?!" I retorted and he just shrugged his shoulders.

 

---

 

another update, hope you like it. I don't know if it is short or long since I just typed it on my ipad. I'm lazy to sit and type it on my computer kekeke, I'll sleep for now since it is already morning here keke.