Step by Step

If I was the One

 

"Ssantoki!!!!!!" I felt Bommie's hand violently shaking my sleeping body. "Yah! It's been three days and you are still sulking in here! Get up you stupid rabbit!" she hissed.

 

I opened my eyes and looked at her, annoyed. "What? If you are planning on making me go to school, I am not coming."

 

She raised her eyebrow and stared at me with a serious face, then she suddenly showed her evil grin to me... sending shivers down my spine.

 

"Really? Are you sure you won't come? Even if I take Tamtamie away from you?" she grinned at me and showed me my beloved baby! My eyes widen in horror and I immediately get up from my bed but before I could grab my baby, she quickly move away from me!

 

"Bommie!!!! Give Tamtamie to me!" I scowled at her. I was about to walk towards her but I was frozen when she pulled a knife on her legs and put it on Tamtamie's neck!

 

"Move and she'll die!" she threatened me.

 

"Aish! Give me at least ten minutes to prepare!" I said and went to the bathroom.

 

"Ssantoki, here's your uniform!" I heard Bom said. I opened the door and get my uniform. After changing, I went out and saw her fixing my things. "Aigoo, you are really a headache. Why are you sulking in here alone when you can go to school and teach that girl a lesson?" she asked me.

 

"What's the use? He'll only hate me more if I do that."

 

"Heh? That stupid guy can never hate you, he's just stupid not to admit it." she shrugged.

 

After eating breakfast, we went to school. As soon as we entered, I can hear people gossiping around me.

 

"Don't mind them, Dara." Bom said and I just nodded.

 

"Omo! Look who's here?"

 

Bom and I stopped when Hyomin and her friends blocked our way.

 

"Get out of our way, Hyomin" Bom said in a calm way but Hyomin just laughed. "Are you really looking for trouble huh? Look girl, If I were you? I would run my off of here while I am still holding my temper. Don't act like you are to be feared just because of Jaejoong because I absolutely am not afraid of that stupid guy."

 

"Did you hear that girls?" Hyomin asked her friends who immediately nodded. "Oh my gosh, really. I never imagined that this day would come. I thought Kim Jaejoong won't leave his bestfriend but he did, and the good thing is... he left YOU" she pointed at me. "for ME."

 

"Are you really trying my patience, Hyomin-ssi?"

 

Hyomin looked at her intently, so is Bom. "My my my... I never imagined that Sandara Park would just stay quiet and let her bestfriend speak for her." Hyomin looked at me and smirked. "Have you lost your tongue or... you've lost all the courage because he left you?"

 

"You !" Bom attacked Hyomin but I stopped her. "Let me go, Ssantoki! I will give this girl a lesson!"

 

"Stop it, Bom. Let her be. I don't care if she insults me after all... ah... wait... let me look for it..." I searched my bag and took the envelope. I opened it and showed the pictures to Hyomin. "Oh? Have you lost your tongue or... you've lost all your courage because he will surely leave you?" I asked Hyomin in sarcasm.

 

"Psh! You should have told me that you have those!" Bom hissed and I just chuckled.

 

"You never asked!"

 

We left Hyomin and her friends in shocked and after a minute, I heard her scream. We didn't bother to look back and just keep on walking until we arrive at our classroom.

 

"Why are you not walking in?" Bom asked me when I stopped at the door. "Should I drag you inside?"

 

"Just give me a seco--"

 

"Excuse me"

 

I was frozen when I heard someone talk behind me. My heart beat faster when I heard his voice... How I missed this guy behind me...

 

"If you are not going to come in then get out of the way." he coldly said.

 

"If you can't wait then just use the other door, Kim Jaejoong!" Bom hissed.

 

"And I don't have time to waste. I am already in front of the door so if only your friend want to make way---"

 

"Oh just shut up! I have enough of your drama. Why don't you just admit that you are wrong and that you want this rabbit back?!"

 

Bom opened the door and left me, dumbfounded. Then Top and Yoochun went inside too, leaving the two of us alone in front of the opened door.

 

"Goodluck, man!" Top and Yoochun said and wink at me.

 

"Go for it, Ssantoki! Show him what you've got! Don't be a scaredy rabbit!"

 

"Can I go in?" he asked.

 

"Ah... ah..." I stammered, unable to answer. Hell! I am freaking nervous and I am afraid that I will say the wrong words and confess to him! Dang! Why did that girl left me here with Jae?!

 

"E-hem" he faked a cough.

 

"I... I.."

 

"Ssantoki! Stop being nervous! You are losing the respect of our classmates!" Bom shouted, making the people laughed at the expense of me.

 

I stiffly move away from the door to let Jae enter.

 

"I.. I am sorry... for blocking your way." I stuttered, still not looking at him.

 

He move a step and I saw his feet stopped in front of me.

 

Dug-dug

 

 

Dug-dug

 

 

Dug-dug

 

 

Gosh! It seems like my heart is about to explode!

 

I heard him sigh. Silence is deafening. Minutes passed and he's still in front of me. I can even hear crickets inside my head now while my heart is still busy beating as fast as it can.

 

"I am sorry..." he finally said and embraced me tightly. I was speechless... It seems like my world started to move again now that we're alright, not like the dull world I am living these past few days. I returned his hug and I just can't help but broke down in tears. "I am really sorry, Dara-ah. I should have not said those things to you. I am such a jerk." he gently said. "I thought that I can ignore you... believe me, I tried my best to act coldly when I saw you in front of me but I can't bring myself to just walk by and leave you here. I am sorry, Dara... Please stop crying now..."

 

"Y-you're really a jerk..." I said in between tears. "Y-you're a jerk but I just can't live without you..."

 

"I know... I know..." he said, comforting me.

 

"O'right!" Yoochun and Top shouted in celebration. I even heard the deafening claps of our classmates.

 

"Congrats, Pres! Finally, you are back!" Sunny the vice-president said joyfully. W-well... I guess I gave her a hard time doing my duty these past three days kekeke.

 

"Shall we go?" Jaejoong lifted my face and his bright smile welcomed me.

 

I nodded. "Hell yeah!" I responded.

 

Aigoo... Here we go again, me, back to being his bestfriend but you know? I am happy... at least I am still by his side. But surely, someday... my position would go up... I just have to take it step by step, neh? Now, Kim Jaejoong, be ready because I'll make sure that you will notice my existence as a woman kekeke.

 

---

 

I'm finally back! Sorry for the super duper late update! I just came back from the mountains and my body really aches, a lot... especially my legs O_O... Can't really walk for that long kekeke. At least I didn't tripped while going down our way to the falls ^____^.

 

Thank you for subscribing and for reading this fanfic ^___^. I'll try to update more chappy before Monday kicks in and the bad news is... since I'll be definitely be busy because of school, I can't guarantee you that I can update weekly T_T, so please bear with me. Tsk tsk tsk...