Meeting his parents

If I was the One

 

"I am not nervous... I am not nervous. I am really not nervous... I am not nerv-"

 

"Angel, let's go--- oooppss!" Jaejoong dodged when my hairbrush flew to his direction.

 

I smiled at him, hiding my nervousness. "S-sorry... Didn't expect you to barge in"

 

He smiled and walked towards me then embraced me tightly. "Don't be nervous. It's not like you don't know my mother."

 

"Who said I am nervous? I am just surprised that you suddenly barged in" I excused but he laughed at me then patted my head. "Yah! I am really not-"

 

He placed his index finger on my lips. "You don't have to explain, Angel." he whispered and kissed my forehead.

 

"Do I look alright?" I asked Jae and he stared at me.

 

"Hmmm... Let me think for a second" he paused and stared at me again. "Of course! You silly girl... You are the most beautiful lady that my eyes ever laid on... Shall we go?"

 

"W-what if your parents won't like---"

 

"They will love you." He smiled after kissing me. "Let's go, hmmm?" Jae said and hold my hand.

 

Truth be told, I am really nervous right now. Who would not be if Jae and I will just surprise his mother who is fortunately at home right now? As in, no notice at all that we will go at their house and announce our hot relationship. Of course I knew his mother and I don't think she hates me but what if she won't like me as his sons' girlfriend?

 

"Welcome back master and miss." I heard the maids greeting and Butler Suk Jin went towards us.

 

"Where's mother?" Jae asked immediately and I think that my blood all went up.

 

"She's in the dining area--"

 

"Come!" Jae suddenly dragged me without letting Butler Suk Jin finished his sentence and I am telling you, I am sweating right now. "Angel, wait here and you better come quickly once I call for you"

 

"W-what? Y-you will leave me here?" I stuttered.

 

"How can we surprise my mom if she both saw us?" Jae giggled.

 

"F-fine." I said in defeat and he kissed me again before going in the area.

 

"Hi Mom!" I heard him said.

 

"My son!" I heard his mom's happy and surprised voice.

 

"Mom, I want to say something to you." Jae said and now I am sweating buckets here. Am I over-reacting? I hope not because meeting his parents as his bestfriend is one thing but meeting his parents as his girlfriend is another thing, it's on a whole different level.

 

"Really? What a coincidence, I want to say something to you too. Good thing you are at home"

 

"That can wait but first things first, I want you to meet someone."

 

Come on, Jae. Just spill it in!

 

"Who?"

 

"My girlfriend. Angel! You can come out now!"

 

I heard Jaejoong shouted and I was about to come in but...

 

"BWOYAH?! Your girlfriend is... is... is Haneul?!" I heard his mom freak out when the maid came in.

 

I chuckled when I realized that Jae's plan is ruined.

 

"H-Hey mom! Don't go fainting on me!"

 

"W-what are you thinking? Omo..."

 

"Madam" I heard Haneul said.

 

"Angel! Come out!"

 

I slowly came in and I swear, I refrain myself from laughing at our situation right now. Haneul's expression is priceless and so is Jae's mom.

 

"You mean, it's not Haneul?" Jae's mom asked again.

 

"Of course not! Haneul noona is 20 years older than me!"

 

"Master!" Haneul said in protest. "In Love age is but a number!"

 

"I know but I am just telling my beautiful mother that it is impossible for us, after all, I already have my Angel" Jae said at Haneul Unnie.

 

"So... Sandara Park... Are you my sons' girlfriend?" his mother finally said in a serious tone. Jae dragged me closer to them and I took a deep breath before talking.

 

"Y-yes Ma'am."

 

"Kim Jaejoong, are you playing a joke on me?" his mother said, making me nervous.

 

Doesn't she like me?

 

"Of course not! Why would I?"

 

"You better be... Kyaaaah! Finally, a lady that I can approve of!" Jae's mom suddenly embraced me while jumping from happiness. "When did my son had the guts to asked you out?"

 

"Just a month ago?"

 

"A month?" his mother repeated while I nodded. "A month and yet this son of mine never said a thing about you being his girlfriend for real?!"

 

"Mom!"

 

"Wae? Any violent reactions? It's not like you haven't dreamed of my lovely Dara as your girlfriend? Don't you dare deny it because I even recorded your voice while you are fantasizing over this young lady not just once but on so many occasions! I even recorded your---"

 

"Mom stop!"

 

"Wae? Afraid to let her know?" his mom challenged him and Jae cannot answer. "Aigoo, I am really happy that you are my sons' girlfriend, Dara-ah" Mrs. Kim said and embraced me again.

 

"What's happening in here, honey?"

 

Ba-thump

 

 

Ba-thump

 

 

"Is that Dara you are hugging?" I heard Mr. Kim asked.

 

"Yeah! It is your daughter-in-law, honey!"

 

I almost choked when I heard what Mrs. Kim said.

 

"D-Daughter-in-law?" Mr. Kim stuttered.

 

"Yes, Honey! They are finally together!" Mrs. Kim declared.

 

"Butler Suk Jin! Announce it to the whole world that Sandara Park is finally part of the Kim's family!" Mr. Kim's voice was heard all over the mansion.

 

W-what is happening? I don't know anymore... Is it a dream? I didn't expect this kind of reaction from them...

 

"And kindly invite our close friends and relatives for a big celebration tomorrow!" Mr. Kim said again.

 

"Wait for me, Dara-ah. We'll go out and shop for tomorrows' big event! I am really excited! Just wait here oh?" Mrs. Kim said and made her exit while skipping like a kid.

 

"Finally Jae had the guts to ask you out. I really thought that he is hopeless and someone would snatch you from him... It's a good thing that he step up his game against Kim Hyun Joong."

 

"H-huh?"

 

"What are you talking about dad? Don't tell me--"

 

"It's not like it's wrong to know what's happening to your life right?"

 

"You didn't pull any strings?" Jae asked.

 

"Of course not. I am just watching from afar son." Mr. Kim said and smiled at me. "Welcome to the family, Dara-ah"

 

"Thank you Sir." I thankfully bowed.

 

"Don't be formal, just call me Dad."

 

"Y-yes!"

 

"I told you, they will love you" Jae pulled me closer to him and I smiled.

 

Yeah... I think they really love me to the point of going to extremes like announcing it to the whole world?