If you're not the one

If I was the One

 

 

"Cheater?" Jaejoong asked. "I am no cheater, Dara. I won, fair and square." he said as a matter-of-factly.

 

I turned to Joong Ki. "Yah... Don't tell me you are okay with this?"

 

I asked, hoping that he would say no but...

 

I felt betrayed when he nods his head. He promised... he promised that he will win this... he told me to trust him and I did... but in the end, I guess... promises are really meant to be broken...

 

"Shall we go?" I heard Jaejoong's voice.

 

I smiled at Joong Ki before I turned my back on him. Now, I am looking at the man who hurt me in the past and I am scared. I am scared because I don't understand what's running on his mind. I am scared because of what he's doing right now. I am scared knowing that all of these was a game... I am scared because I don't want history to repeat itself...

 

I accepted his hand and he led me towards the stage where Joong Ki and his grandmother are waiting. They welcomed us with a smile and the people cheered us with congratulations.

 

"I'm just doing this because of your grandmother..." I told Jaejoong when he came back after talking with someone. He gave me a paper and when I saw what's written, I gave him a questioning look but he just smiled, which I really hated.

 

Why is he doing things that will make me misunderstand? I hate it... I really hate it...

 

"Congratulations, Jaejoong for winning tonight's' game." Joong Ki's grandmother said. "And as part of the deal earlier, you can have Miss Park as your date---"

 

"Date?!" Jaejoong's grandmother interrupted.

 

"Yes, Jin Ae... a date. Don't tell me you are serious when we argued about Miss Park here?"

 

Jaejoong's grandmother smiled. "Yes, I am serious. I'll make Sandara my granddaughter-in-law"

 

I almost choked when I heard grandma. "Yes, yes, yes... I get it, Jin Ae. I, too, want to make her my granddaughter-in-law but... it is not up to us to make that choice." Joong Ki's grandmother laughed.

 

"Are you saying this because your grandson lost?" Jaejoong's grandmother complained.

 

"Of course not!" Joong Ki's grandma denied.

 

"E-hem..." Jaejoong faked a cough, getting the attention of the two grandma. "Grannie, I think I have to agree with halmoni." Jae pointed Joong Ki's grandmother. "Sandara did not even agree to this competition made by the two of you." Jae finally speak with some sense. "Don't worry, grannie. Even if it's only a date for tonight, I will make sure that she'll be your granddaughter-in-law in the future." Jaejoong said making the crowd wild.

 

Jaejoong's grandmother finally smiled and calm down. "Alright." she finally said.

 

Joong Ki's grandmother giggled. "Don't be so calm, Jin Ae. My grandson lost for today but he is still up in the game for that lovely ladies heart."

 

Jaejoong's grandmother frowned and was about to argue but Jaejoong stopped her telling her that we need to sing so we can enjoy our date tonight.

 

Jaejoong went back and sat beside me. The music , he stared at me and smiled.

 

"If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?"

 

he started singing, still staring at me with his beautiful hazel brown eyes.

 

"If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way..." he stood up and gently took my hand.

 

"If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call?" he continued, still holding my hand, not breaking our eye contact.

 

"If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all..."

 

Why are you doing this to me, Kim Jaejoong?

 

"I'll never know what the future brings,

but I know you're here with me now...

We'll make it through

and I hope you are the one I share my life with...."

 

Why did you choose this song? Do you really want to hurt me this much? Do you really want me to remember everything... do you want me to remember that you chose to hurt me in the past... do you want me to remember that I am not the one... that I am just a challenge to you back then?

 

"I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand...

If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?"

 

"If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed?" I started singing after his turn. My voice almost did not come out because I really felt that there's something blocked on my throat.

 

"If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?" I continued, controlling my emotion as well as my voice.

 

"If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life? If you're not for me then why do I dream of me as your wife?" I looked away when I sang this part, because I don't want him to see how I feel.

 

"I don't know why you're so far away

But I know that this much is true..."

 

I was surprised when he suddenly touched my face and gently turned it to face him.

 

"We'll make it through

and I hope you are the one I share my life with..." I sang, almost like a whisper but still can be heard by the crowd.

 

"and I wish that you could be the one I die with...

And I pray in you're the one I build my home with...

I hope I love you all my life!"

 

I shifted my gaze to the audience and pulled my hand away from his grasp.

 

"I don't want to run away but I can't take it

I don't understand"

 

I walked slowly, distancing myself from him.

 

"If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?"

 

I sang, remembering the bitter past we had. Remembering myself four years ago... remembering how much I wanted him to stay... remembering how much I cried when he told me that I was just a challenge... remembering that I really am not the one for him...

 

"Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away.."

 

he sang, giving me goose bumps when he just sang it while back hugging me. It's as if he is singing and at the same time saying what he really feels but I know he's not.

 

"And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today..." he turned me in order to face him and held my face, not giving me a chance to look away.

 

"'Cause I love you... whether it's wrong or right

And though I can't be with you tonight

You know my heart is by your side..."

 

he continued singing until the end of the song while I just stood there, unable to sing my part anymore because of what I am feeling right now. I hate it... I hate myself because I gave him a chance to be near me again...

 

I hate it...

 

I hate myself because...

 

no matter how hard I tried these past few years to erase him from my heart...

 

why does it seem easy for him to get back...

 

no matter how much defense I put up against him...

 

why does it seem easy for him to break it?

 

I hate it...

 

because I knew he's just playing around...

 

I hate it...

 

because why am I falling for an obvious trap?

 

I hate it...

 

because I know he's bound to break my heart...

 

I hate it..

 

because I know it's wrong...

 

and I hate it...

 

because I want to believe that it is right...

 

After the song, I pulled myself away from him and walked out of the stage. I let the tears fall from my eyes, not minding the people around. I just want to let it all out...

 

"Sandara!" I heard Jaejoong's voice. I did not looked back and run away from him. "Wait up! Dara!" he shouted but I ignored him.

 

I continued running.

 

"Let go!" I shouted at him when he managed to grab my hand. "Leave me alone, Jae..." I said, still my back him.

 

"Let's talk---"

 

"Leave me alone! Please!" I cried.

 

"No... I don't want to leave you alone." he stubbornly said. "Please, let us talk." he begged.

 

I shook my head. "Why can't you leave me alone?" my voice cracked. "Please... just this once... can't you listen to me just this once?"

 

He forced me to face him and now he saw my crying face I did not want him to see.

 

"I'm sorry, Dara... I'm sorry..." he said and embraced me tightly.

 

I pushed him away. "Sorry?" I asked him. "Are you really sorry, Jaejoong? Are you?!" I yelled at him.

 

"I... I--"

 

I cut him off. "You... Stop treating me as if I am just a thing!" I shouted. "Why do I have to be the prize in this damn game? Wae?!" I yelled again, unable to control my emotions I'm holding back earlier. "I am not a damn toy, Jae! I am not a toy that you can play with... I have my own feelings too... I have my own decisions too! So please, I ask you... please stop this foolishness already... stop playing with my emotions.. please.." I cried, begging him. "please stop... because it---"

 

"I am not playing with you!" he cut of my sentence. "I am not playing with your emotions nor am I treating you a toy!" he said and grabbed me by the waist. I struggled but he pulled me closer and hold me tightly.

 

"Let go of me, you jerk!" I yelled, hitting him in his chest.

 

"Yes... You have your own feelings... You have your own decisions but I have mine too, Dara. I have my own too that's why stop saying that I am just playing whereas I am not..." he said in a pained expression.

 

"Let go of me..." I said in a low voice, not looking at him in the eye.

 

"No... Look at me, Dara..." he said but I ignored him. "Please... look at me." he begged. "I won't let go until you look at me."

 

"Why are you doing this to me, Jaejoong-ah?" I asked him, looking at him straight in the eye. I can hardly see him because of the tears that keep on falling from my eyes. "Please don't make it hard for me anymore... let me go..."

 

"Let's start over again..." he said.

 

I was speechless... I wanted to...  I really wanted to but I can't...

 

"We're over, Jaejoong-ah... We're already over..." I managed to say.

 

His grip loosens and I broke free. "It's too late, Jae... too late..."

 

I said to him... lying to him and lying to myself.

 

I smiled bitterly and left him.

 

"No! It's still not over, Dara!" he shouted.

 

I continued walking away. "It's not over, Dara!" he said, and I knew that he's just behind me now. "Please tell me, it's not over between us."

 

I shook my head, biting my lower lips.

 

"Do... do you like him?" he asked. "Do you like Joong Ki?"

 

he asked again but I was unable to answer because it's painful... what I am feeling right now is really painful, like I was shot thousands of bullets but can't die.

 

"Do you like him?" he pulled me, forcing me to face him. "Answer me.." he said, gripping both of my shoulders tightly.

 

I winced. "Let go, Jae..."

 

"Answer me, dammit!" he yelled, eyes welling up.

 

"Stop it... You are hurting---"

 

He suddenly claimed my lips, kissing me harshly. I can't even do anything but cry. Even if I can easily throw him, push him, I can't because whenever I am with him, I become weak.

 

"You damn bastard!"

 

The kiss suddenly stop when Jae was thrown on the ground. I saw Joong Ki panting and he pulled me close to him. "Stop crying..." he gently said.

 

I wish I can stop but I can't... I can't stop the tears from falling.

 

"What do you think you are doing Kim Jaejoong?!" Joong Ki shouted at Jae furiously. "I told you not to touch her! I told you not to!"

 

Jae stood up and wiped his bleeding lips. "Get out of this, Joong Ki." Jae said seriously.

 

"I will not, Jae.... I will not get out of this!" Joong Ki said in fury.

 

I tugged Joong Ki. "L-let's just go..." I said.

 

"No, I can't just go... This guy needs some beating... he hurt you..." Joong Ki said and hide me behind him.

 

"J-Joong Ki-ah... let's just go." I said but it's too late.

 

Jae attacked him and he was hit on his face. He hit back but Jae dodged it. He threw another punch and successfully hit Jaejoong in the stomach.

 

"Don't bother Dara anymore... or our friendship ends here" Joong Ki said.

 

Jaejoong stood up, holding his stomach. "Who are you to decide?" he asked Joong Ki.

 

"Stop playing around, Jaejoong! Can't you see--"

 

"Who said I am playing around?!" Jaejoong yelled at him.

 

"Are you not?!" Joong Ki said in return.

 

"What if I said no? What will you do huh?!" Jae shouted at Joong Ki, walking towards me but Joong Ki shielded me. "Get out of my way, Joong Ki."

 

"I will not give her to you."

 

Jaejoong laughed sarcastically. "Give her to me? Are you joking with me?" he asked while laughing in sarcasm. "She is not yours to begin with, who are you to give her?" he said mockingly and before I can react, Joong Ki punched him.

 

"You bastard!" Joong Ki throw another punch and another punch.

 

"Stop it Joong Ki!" I said, stopping him from hurting Jaejoong. "Let's just leave!" I said but he continued punching Jaejoong.

 

Jae stared at me and smiled.

 

How can you smile when you are being beaten...

 

"Don't interfere, Dara... I'll fight." Jaejoong said and hold Joong Ki's right arm, stopping it from punching him again.

 

"Stop fighting!" I yelled, stopping the both of them. "Y-yah! I told you to stop it! What are you two doing huh?!" I moved from my spot and tried to go in between them but they pushed me aside. "Stop it!" I shouted but the two of them continued throwing punches, breaking anything they made in contact with. "Can't you listen to me once?!"

 

"STAY OUT OF THIS SANDARA!" they chorused when I successfully went between them.

 

"I told you to stop! Why can't you listen to me?! Why are you two like this?!"

 

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" they chorused.... rendering me speechless.

 


------

Here's a long update haha, this chapter is the longest one I've ever done. Too much drama going on between them. I hope you like it if not I'll end this story with this as the last chapter... Lol, just kidding! =p, the author is having a mental breakdown. Next chapter will be a one roller coaster ride, I hope... don't know when will I update the next chappy.