Capture the maiden's heart 2

If I was the One

"Stop right there, Young Lady!" he shouted, stopping me from going away. "It's not my turn yet..."

 

"Oohh! Looks like my grandson already spotted the young maiden." his grandmother said.

 

Jaejoong's grandmother laughed, not a happy one but more on a forced one.

 

"Please stay and listen to me first..." Joong Ki spoke again. I saw the butler nodded and even if I don't really want to stay, I stayed. "Stay for a little while... just bear with it." Joong Ki said as if he knew what was bothering me. "Bear with my voice... I don't really sing but if it's for a lovely lady like you, I would sing."

 

he said. I heard the crowd melt by his remarks while he made me laugh a little.

 

"Is his voice really that bad?" I asked the butler. I saw him smile and shrugged his shoulder after.

 

Joong Ki started playing the piano and I must say I am impressed. He played Yiruma's 'Love me' but the melody suddenly changed midway and he's now playing Yiruma's 'Because I love you' while staring at me.

 

Dug Dug

 

Dug

 

Why is he looking at me like that?

 

I asked and looked away from him.

 

He suddenly stopped playing so I looked at his direction.

 

We were in love, really

we liked each other, really

Felt like going crazy

Felt like I'd burst, really

 

He suddenly started singing exactly as when I turned my gaze on him.

 

So let's leave now again

I miss you again today

Because you remain in my heart and I can't erase you, really

Even I'm hurting like this

 

I listened to him while he's singing emotionally. Who would think that a guy like him can play a piano and can even hold a note?

 

Because I love you, tears fall

Because my heart hurts, tears fall again

In case I lose you again, In case I lose you again

My two eyes only look at you

 

"Why is that guy singing a sad song?" I asked and I saw the butler shook his head.

 

Look at me, who loves you

because tears fall like this, because tears keep falling

Even if I'm born again,

Even if I'm born again, it's you.

 

Joong Ki stared at me while he's singing that part and it made me conscious. There's something in his stares that makes me conscious but I cannot point it out.

 

I said that I  hate the start of goodbyes

But if I love again, If I miss you again really

Will you come back again to me

 

The audience gave him a round of applause and so did I. He was impressive at playing piano. He delivered his emotions very well while sing the song though his voice lacks compared to Jaejoong's singing ability.

 

"Looks like your grandson captured most of the ladies hearts in here, Hea Jung-ah" Jaejoong's grandmother genuinely said. "Though I like my grandson to win this round, Joong Ki deserved it this time." she said, garnering the people's respect.

 

"Thank You, Jin Ae but... compared to your grandson's voice, Joong Ki is quite a bit behind." Joong Ki's grandmother admitted, making the crowd giggle and Joong Ki embarrassed. I even saw him turned red while touching his neck.

 

"Off to the final round!"

 

I heard the grannies said before someone dragged me out of the place. My instincts told me to throw the person holding me and so I did. "What are--" I stopped talking when I saw one of the men-in-blacks on the ground. "What are you playing at?"

 

I asked. The guard forced a smile and apologized to me. My gaze shifted to the butler and the two maids who just arrived.

 

"I'm sorry if I startled you, Miss Park." the guard told me.

 

"Are people here fond of dragging me?" I asked them, remembering how many times I was dragged when I arrived here.

 

"We need to change your dress, Miss." one of the female servants told me.

 

"A change of dress? Again?" I asked, my eyes wide opened. The female servant nodded and I just followed them because even if I refuse, they will still force me to change.

 

After changing my dress, they fixed my hair again, braiding it this time and putting some white flowers on it. They even gave me another mask which covers my face but not totally since it still show some of my left cheeks, well a bit of it.

 

They guided me to some other place inside the mansion and I saw the guest already inside the big grand ballroom.

 

The female servants slightly pushed me inside and when I looked back, they are already gone. I took a deep breath and  looked at my surroundings, looking for a nearby chair.

 

"Can I dance with you?" I heard a man's voice and I saw him smiling at me.

 

"I am sorry but I refuse." I said and left the guy, still looking for a chair however, I cannot even find a vacant one near me.

 

Aigoo, why did they gave me a five inches stiletto? Not just a stiletto but that of House of Borgezie, the Princess Diamond Constellation?! It is worth 345, 027, 340.00 KRW and I don't think I can pay it with my salary if I break it.

 

I went towards the buffet table and grabbed some snacks since I am very hungry from too much walking inside and outside the mansion of Joong Ki's grandmother.

 

I was busying myself from eating delicious snacks when I heard someone faking a cough. I shrug and continued eating but I heard it again.

 

"Young Miss, can you please stop eating and go for a dance." I heard the butler said.

 

I turned to him with a cupcake on my hand. "I'm sorry but I don't want to dance... my feet already hurts because of the shoes you gave me. Can't you just give me a sneakers?" I asked the butler and he laughed at me. "Wae? Sneakers are comfortable and it cannot be seen also since it will be covered by the dress you gave me."

 

"I'm sorry, young miss but it is madame's order and I cannot defy that." the butler said.

 

"Then don't ask me to dance, because I won't." I told him and bit the cupcake.

 

What a peaceful period of my life... I wish I could say that right now but this killer heels are already murdering my feet not just my feet but can you include me also? I've been dancing for about twenty minutes, thanks to that annoying butler who dragged me to the dance area and gave me to an unknown man.

 

"I've found you..." said a familiar voice. "Can I have a dance with you?" the man in black suit asked me. My partner gladly gave me to him and I even heard him curse!

 

"Looks like you murdered someone's feet tonight" the man in black suit said and giggled.

 

My brows furrowed but I doubt if he can see since I am wearing a mask right now. "Not my fault, they won't let me go even if I ask them too"

 

He offered me his hand and smiled. "Shall we dance? I don't mind if you murder my feet."

 

I laughed.

 

"Yah, I am not that bad as a dancer..." I complained but he just shrug his shoulders.

 

"Gotcha!"

 

I was startled when someone grabbed me by my waist and pulled me close to him. Then without warning, he suddenly removed my mask, exposing my shocked face.

 

I cannot even react when he started dancing with me slowly.

 

"Why are you doing this..." I asked him, almost a whisper.

 

He smiled. "I told you that it will be my victory..."

 

Jaejoong removed his mask this time, staring at me passionately...

 

"Stop playing around, Jaejoong-ah..."

 

Jaejoong suddenly imprisoned me in his arms. "I am not playing around, Sandara Park" he whispered to my ears.

 

I gently pushed him.. pushed him away from me.

 

"It's not your victory... It's Joong Ki's victory..." I said and looked at Joong Ki who was frozen on his spot while his fist closed.

 

"No... It is my victory." Jaejoong said calmly.

 

"He found me first!" I said in a low voice, enough not to gather people's attention.

 

Jaejoong grinned. "I removed your mask first. That's the rule." he said and approached me. I moved back but he step forward.

 

"Cheater..."