Are you mental?

If I was the One

DARA's POV

 

"Good. I don't want to make you my rival"

 

I was stunned when I heard Joong Ki said those words. My eyes darted to Jae and for a second, I saw him shaken from Joong Ki's statement but laughed it off after a few seconds.

 

We went to a nearby restaurant and to tell you honestly, it made me uncomfortable since the two keep on talking about their first meeting and it annoys the hell out of me when they talk about other girls, as if I am not around.

 

"Yah! Sandara Park, don't you have hands?" Jaejoong suddenly said and I looked at him. He glared at me then pointed Joong Ki who is currently putting some food on my plate.

 

"You need to eat more." Joong Ki smiled at me.

 

"I am eating deliciously here, it's you who should eat." I said, trying not to sound frustrated.

 

Joong Ki lowered his head and stared at me, face to face. "Eh? Can I take that as if you are worried about my health?" he said, smiling from ear to ear. I scrunched my nose and moved his face away from me. "Are you really worried? kekeke. That's so cute of you" he said while grabbing my hand on his face.

 

"Aish! Who is worried with who? I'm just telling you to eat" I hissed, trying to hide my smile. Joong Ki stared at me, not only his lips are smiling but also his eyes. "Just eat" I said and put some seasoned fried chicken on his plate.

 

"Yes, Ma'am!" He salute to me and started to eat. "You should eat too, Jaejoong-ah" Joong Ki said while eating. My eyes secretly darted to Jaejoong and saw his food untouched.

 

"It's alright. I am not hungry." he sounded bitter. Joong Ki did not insist anymore while I just continue to eat. After finishing our food, aside from Jaejoong's untouched plate, we went back to K. Jaejoong left me with Joong Ki and went straight to his office.

 

"Is he giving you a hard time?" Joong Ki asked me. "If he is, even if he's my friend, I will beat him for you." he playfully said. I shook my head and he smiled even more. "Good to know that. That guy doesn't really know how to treat a girl right." Joong Ki said. "Just bear with him, hmmm?" he messed up my hair. "he just have some kind of issue."

 

"what kind of issue?" I asked and he just shrugged.

 

"Don't worry. He won't try to hit on you, you are not his type."

 

I punched Joong Ki's arm. "Yah! Who said I am not his type?"

 

"Wae? Don't tell me you like him?" Joong Ki teased me.

 

I snorted. "I--"

 

"Don't hope. He likes y and beautiful girls." Joong Ki cut me off. I glared at him. "You did not meet one of his standards, you are beautiful but you are not y, you are thin that's why if I were you, eat more and gain some weight."

 

I punched Joong Ki's stomach and he laugh. "Don't go and fall for him, you will just break your heart." he said and it made me silent for a second. How can I even react to this if Jaejoong already broke my heart, leaving deep wounds inside me. "Just look at me, Sandara."

 

"W-what are you saying?" I stammered.

 

"Just kidding" he smiled and left me.

 

How can he joke like that? If I am another girl, I would fall for that.

 

I scratch my head and glanced at my wrist watch. I went to the nearby convenience store and bought some foods the head to Jaejoong's office. I slowly opened the door and I saw him beside the window, sitting. He's looking outside while smoking his cigarette. I took a deep breath and slowly approached him. As soon as I reached him, I grabbed the cigarette away from him.

 

"No smoking inside your office, sajangnim." I said.

 

"It is my office, Sandara." he said and pulled another cigar. "I have every right to smoke and you don't have any right to stop me. Just mind your own--"

 

I grabbed the cigar on his hands. "I am minding my own business, sajangnim. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and it will affect my health too."

 

"Psh... Then get out of my office and let me smoke." he took the cigar on my hands and lit it. I grabbed it again and creased it, not minding whether I will receive a minor burn on my palm. I saw his eyes widened and quickly seized my hands and forcefully opened it. "What do you think you're doing?!" he raised his voice.

 

"It is I who should ask that, Kim Jaejoong. What do you think you are doing? Should I burn my hands first before you listen to me, huh?" I stared at him, eye to eye. He was the one who broke the contact and turned his back on me. He sat on his chair and pulled his hair out of frustration. "Eat..." I put down the food I just bought at the convenience store. I turned my back and walk toward my desk. I was surprised when he suddenly dragged me and pulled me down on the couch. "W-what--"

 

"Stay there." he said and came back with an emergency kit. He grabbed my hand and gently put some ointment then wrap the burn on my palm with the gauze. I just stared at him until he finished treating me. "Don't hurt yourself, next time." he seriously said and walked off with the emergency kit. I was about to stand up when he suddenly speak again.

 

"I did not tell you to move right?" my eyes met his. "Sit down." he commanded but I just stood frozen, still looking at him. He heave a sigh and come close to me. He grasp my shoulder and pushed me to sit down. "If you move a single step, I will kiss you." he threatened me with a kiss. A kiss?! What kind of threat is that? I asked myself but my body betrayed me, my hands move on its own and covered my lips. Jaejoong smirked and close his face on mine, until our nose touch. "Do you really want me to kiss you, Miss Park?"

 

I shook my head, my hands still covering my mouth. "Ehh? But you moved again." he said, moving closer, his lips already touching the hands on my lips.

 

Move, Sandara!

 

I said to myself but I am still frozen, wide eyed. I don't know how many seconds or minutes we stayed on that position. Heck, I am even sweating hard despite his office having an aircon. "Good girl" Jae moved back and returned to his desk.

 

What is he thinking?

 

He returned again, holding the food I just bought. He put it down on the table and look at me while smiling. "Eat with me." he said.

 

"I... I am already full"

 

"I won't eat if I am alone." he said.

 

"According to Joong Ki, you always eat alone here." I reasoned. His smile faded again.

 

"Joong Ki again..." he muttered.

 

"Eat now." I said, opening the food containers for him.

 

"He's not here and yet you mention his name. Even if I am with you at the restaurant, your eyes are always on him, as if you two are alone." he sounded jealous but I dismissed the thought because there's no way for him to be jealous if he is the one who dumped me in the past.

 

"Stop spouting nonsense and start eating."

 

"Let's eat together." he said.

 

"I bought that food for you to eat and not for me to eat." I said. He took a deep breath and sigh. "Yah... Eat now so we can continue working." I said but he take no notice of what I've said. "If you won't eat--"

 

I did not finished my sentence because he suddenly put in the spoon on my mouth. "That's better." He smiled and scooped another and ate with the same spoon. "Ahhh..." he direct the spoon on my mouth again but I ignore him. "Dara-ah, come on. How can we start if you don't eat it."

 

"Are we close for you to call me Dara?" I frowned.

 

He smirked. "Are we not? We already did---"

 

"Yah! Stop saying that!" I dismissed whatever he's about to say.

 

"I will if you eat this." he said.

 

"Give me the spoon, I can feed myself." I said but he shook his head. "What? You told me to eat right?"

 

He nodded. "But I didn't mean for you to feed yourself."

 

My eyes went wide. "Are you mental?"

 

"Yes. I am intelligent." he answered purposely getting the positive meaning instead of the negative one.

 

"Are you nuts?!" I said.

 

"Nope. Do I look like a peanut?" he answered ironically.

 

"yah!" he feed me again when my mouth opened.

 

He smiled again and feed himself. It took us an hour before we could even finish the food I bought for him. How can we not if he keep on insisting to feed me because if not, he won't let me do my work leaving me no choice but to eat with him using the same spoon he used.

 

"Where are you going?" Jaejoong asked me.

 

"Home?" I said.

 

"Home? You are still not finish--"

 

"Whose fault do you think it is huh?" I asked him.

 

"Not mine... Probably, yours?" he smiled, making my blood boil. Oh gosh! Stop me from hitting this guy in front of me! "It's not me who keep on refusing to eat earlier right?" Jaejoong said.

 

"And it is not me who keep on insisting to feed me! Did I ask you to feed me huh?" I sneered. "If you want the work to be done, then I will do it at ho--"

 

"Oho! You cannot bring your work at home. Stay here and get it done by morning." he said.

 

"M-morning?! Are you crazy?" I yelled. "Do you think I can finish those by morning?!" I said, pointing at the documents piling at my desk.

 

"That's why, stop complaining and start." he smirked.

 

"Fine!" I stomped my feet and went back to my desk.

 

"Have a good night!" Jaejoong said, grabbing his suit and walking out of his office.

 

"Aish! You really are a jerk, Kim Jaejoong!" I shouted in annoyance once he went outside of his door.

 

"I heard that, Miss Park." I automatically look at the door and there I saw him, peeking. "I forgot to say, bye!" he said as if wanting to irritate me more.

 

"Argh!!!! Why did I even agreed to stay with him for three months?! Aish!" I pulled my hair out of frustration. "You are really crazy, Sandara Park" I said while banging my head on my desk.

 

"What are you doing?" I heard Joong Ki's voice. I looked up and saw him giggling. "Overtime?" he asked and I nodded. "I'll help you." Joong Ki said, pulling a chair and sat beside me.

 

"Help me or annoy me?" I asked.

 

He chuckled. "I'll help"

 

"Really?" I asked him once again.

 

"Do I look like I am joking?" Joong Ki said.

 

"Kyaaah! Thank god!" I said and embraced him out of joy. "You are heaven sent, Joong Ki-ah!" I said when I broke the hug. "Joong Ki?" I said his name when he looked like he's in a trance. "Yah, Song Joong Ki!" I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he blinked thrice. "Is there something wrong?" I asked.

 

He shook his head and smiled brightly. "Nothing's wrong."

 

We started working and Joong Ki is really a big help. Unlike me, he really knows a lot about the company. Well, he isn't the marketing director for nothing right?

 

"Sandara... wake up..." I opened my eyes and saw Joong Ki holding a plastic bag. "Let's eat first." he said. I nodded and we ate happily, thanks to him throwing jokes here and there.

 

"I'll clean, you rest" I said.

 

"No. You rest." he said but I refused. After insisting that I should be the one cleaning many times, he finally agreed. When I went back, I saw him sleeping on my desk. I shook my head and sat beside him, continuing the remaining work to be done.

 

 

JAEJOONG's POV

 

I left Dara at my office with a voluminous amount of work. I stared at my phone and it's already eight thirty in the evening. I wonder if she's still at the office or left? Did she work overtime or just ignored me again? I decided to call Seunghyun and asked him if Dara was home and he told me that Dara told Bom that she will work overtime. I smiled as an idea popped into my mind. I head straight to my kitchen and cook some of her favorite foods. I finished cooking at 9:30 and happily drive to the company.

 

I slowly opened the door, smiling from ear to ear. I saw Dara sleeping on her desk and my smile immediately faded when I saw a man, sleeping next to her.

 

Again... They're together again...

 

I smiled bitterly, feeling the pain in my heart, as if someone just stabbed me. I silently walked towards them and gently lifted Dara away from Joong Ki. If I only knew that he will sneak into my office, I should have not left this rabbit alone. I gently lay her on the couch and adjusted the temperature of the AC.

 

I sat on the floor and stared at my Angel's sleeping face. "I'm jealous, angel.." I said, gently removing her hair away from her face. "I'm jealous and yet I can't do anything... I don't want to be selfish and hurt you again... I'm really sorry, angel... I'm sorry for leaving you... I hope that someday, you would forgive me... I'm really sorry... " I said, tears fall on my face. "I'm sorry for causing you pain... I'm sorry..." I said on repeat. I stared at her for another five minutes. "I'll go now... I know you won't like it if you see me first thing in the morning" I laughed bitterly. "Goodnight, angel..." I kissed her on her forehead and stood up. I was about to walk away but she grabbed my hand. My heart beat fast, thinking if I woke her up... thinking if she heard what I've just said.

 

"Jerk.." I heard her mumble. I slowly looked back only to see her sleeping soundly. "Don't leave..." she mumbled.. I smiled and sit down again.

 

"I am still a jerk, even in your sleep?" I let out a bitter laugh. "Yes, your jerk will stay here..." I said.

 

----

 

Another update and if I am not lazy today, I will probably update again hahaha. DaraxJoongKi moments or DaraxJaejoong moments? I'll decide once I wake up kekeke. Thanks for reading, have fun and watch Jae's Triangle ^___^