Breaking all the Barriers

If I was the One

 

A week passed when the sudden confession happened. I will lie to you if I said that I am fine and calm after hearing that because I am definitely not. Fine, Jaejoong's confession is not sudden since I already expected that to happen when he told me that he wanted us to start again but in Joong Ki's case? It gave me a shocker. He caught me off guard. I mean, I did not expect him to like me... Much more, to love me.

 

 

I mean... Who would like or love someone who always shout and hit you? I think no one... Unless you are a masochist? He's not a masochist right?

 

 

"Dee! Are you listening to me?" I heard Sora unnie's voice. I turned to her and forced a smile. "Aigoo, why are you always spacing out since you came back in our department?"

 

 

"Sorry... Can you repeat what--"

 

 

"Here" Sora unnie cut me off and drop a large box on my desk. "Give that to Miss Lee Min Jung" she said.

 

 

I nodded and stood from my chair. I grabbed the box but someone took it from me.

 

 

"Yah!" I shouted without looking at the person. "What do you--" I continued but I stopped shouting when I saw who it was. "You're doing?" I said in a low voice.

 

 

He smiled at me. "You can't avoid me forever, Sandara" he said.

 

 

"I am not avoiding you." I said, not able to look at him. I really can't stay calm whenever I see him these past few days. The thought of him liking me is just too much.

 

 

"Really? Then why can't you look at me in the eye? Hmmm?" He asked and he sounds like he's teasing me.

 

 

"I am not avoiding you... I am just busy so give me that box" I said, this time looking at him, trying not to look away.

 

 

"What if I don't want to?"

 

 

"Then, please give that box to Miss Lee Min Jung" I said and turned my back on him.

 

 

"Yah! Sandara Park!" He shouted. "I'll do it because I really like you!" He shouted again stopping me from walking away.

 

 

I heard my co-workers gasp.

 

 

"No... Let me rephrase that. I'll do it because I-"

 

 

"Yah! Song Joong Ki!" I faced him and point my index finger. "What are you--"

 

 

"Becau---"

 

 

 

I hissed and ran towards his direction. Before he can even utter a sentence, I grabbed him and covered his mouth. I turned to my co-workers and they are giving me a teasing look.

 

 

"Don't mind this guy. He's just joking he-he-he" I said, faking a laugh.

 

 

I dragged him out of our department and glared at him. "What are you thinking?"

 

 

"Hmmm..." He contemplated for a second. Instead of being serious, he acted cutely. "I am thinking of you" he said and winked at me, leaving me embarrassed. "Always..." He added and left me alone....

 

 

"Ayieh!" My co-workers teased. "Someone got a lovelife!"

 

 

I tried my best to put a poker face and I do hope that I succeeded on that one. Minutes passed and I was just starting to feel at ease when I notice that someone is staring at me.

 

 

"Omo!" I almost fell on my chair when I saw Jaejoong looking at me at point blank. "W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered.

 

 

He stood straight and smiled. "Let's have lunch." He said.

 

 

I focused my eyes on the monitor. "I am not-"

 

 

"That's an order" he added.

 

 

I stood up from my chair in annoyance. I grabbed some documents that I need to work on but he grabbed it away from me and put it back on my desk. "No interruptions" he said with a sweet smile.

 

 

I took a deep breath and stared at him. "With all due respect sir, I am busy so I don't have the pleasure to go out and have lunch." I said and sat on my chair again. "And please... don't go here anymore. I don't want any rumors between us, Sir." I said and made myself busy with the documents I'm working.

 

 

"So baby I will wait for you,

'cause I don't know what else I can do

Don't tell me I ran out of time,

if it takes the rest of my life

Baby I will wait for you,

if you think I'm fine it just ain't true

I really need you in my life,

no matter what I have to do,

I'll wait for you..."

 

 

I almost choke when I heard Jaejoong singing. For goodness sake, don't he know where we are? We are just in his freaking company!

 

 

I stared at him, more like glared at him, with my brows furrowed. I noticed that the employees were taken aback by his sudden action, some are squealing and some are shooting death glares at me. I even saw Sora unnie's confused face.

 

 

"Yah... what are you thinking?" I asked in a low voice but the jerk just gave me a smile. "Please go and just give up because I won't--"

 

"I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up"

 

 

"Kim Jaejoong, I'm warning you." I interrupted him from singing anymore.

 

 

"No, I won't give up..." he sang again in all seriousness.

 

 

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

 

 

"I know that you are mad at me, Dara. I don't blame you for that because I know that I deserved it."

 

 

"If you know then why are you doing this?" I hissed.

 

 

"I told you, I won't give up. I'll do everything to win your heart again... no matter how much you try to avoid me, how much you try to push me away... I will not give up... because I love you."

 

 

Jaejoong said. I hate to admit it but he's really breaking all the barriers I've put up against him... but I am afraid... afraid to get hurt again if I choose him.

 

 

"Even if you reject me again, I will not stop..."

 

 

"I'll wait for you here..." he said and put a small note on my desk.

 

 

"I will not come so don't waste your time waiting for nothing." I said, throwing the note he gave me on the trashcan.

 

 

"I'm not moving...." he started singing.

 

 

"People talk about the guy

that's waiting on a girl

There are no holes in his shoes

but a big hole in his world."

 

 

He stared at me for a while, giving me butterflies on my stomach just like the old times.

 

 

"Maybe I'll get famous as the man who can't be moved.

Maybe you won't mean to but you'll see me on the news.

And you'll come running to the corner cause you'll know it's just for you

I'm the man who can't be moved...."

 

 

he smiled at me after his song. "I'll be waiting, Dara." he said and left me dumbfounded as if he did not do something outrageous!

 

 

"Kyaaaah! Spring really has come for you!" some of my co-worker's said.

 

 

"I can't believe it! You stole our CEO's and Marketing Director's heart!" Kwanghee said.

 

 

"W-what are you saying? Our CEO's just playing around... and Joong Ki doesn't feel any romantic feelings for me." I said, lying to them.

 

 

Kwanghee rolled his eyes. "We were not born yesterday, Miss Park. As a guy, I know when a man is in love  or not, so you can't fool me."

 

 

"Aish! Then don't believe me." I said and continued working.

 

 

I heard Kwanghee laugh. "Who wants to make a bet?!" he yelled.

 

 

"What are we betting on?" I heard one of my colleague asked.

 

 

"Get back to work!" I heard Sora unnie shouted. I silently laughed when I saw them hurrying back on their seats. "Don't mind them, Dara-ah..." she said when she approached me.

 

 

"No harm done, unnie." I smiled.

 

 

"uhmmm... Dee..." she called me, anxiously.

 

 

"Hmmm? Is there something wrong unnie?"

 

 

"I was just wondering if... uhmmm... Leeteuk oppa know that Mr. Kim is our CEO? Have you told him?" she asked me nervously.

 

 

I heave a sigh. "Even if I wanted to tell him... tell anyone of them, I can't unnie. You know how much they wanted to kill him right?"

 

 

"Errr... If you are uncomfortable here... I can refer you to a friend of mine."

 

 

Sora unnie suddenly dropped the bomb.

 

 

"b-but I am not saying that I don't want you here." she explained.

 

 

I smiled. "I know that you are just concerned about me, unnie. You also don't want my brother to be mad at us for concealing that I am working with the man he hates the most, right?"

 

 

Sora unnie nodded. "If you ever want to go, just tell me. I'll pay your contract for you since--"

 

 

I shook my head, dismissing her sentence. "It's not your fault, unnie. I'll pay the contract if ever I will resign since I did not do my research about the owner of this company." I said, smiling at her. "Don't stress yourself with my matters, I know you are already stress with my brother kekeke" I said jokingly.

 

 

"Aigoo, this kid!"

 

 

"Just kidding" I said, giggling. "I'll think about your offer, hmmm? Don't mind me anymore, I can managed myself... I am Leeteuk oppa's sister right?"

 

 

Whack!

 

 

"T-that hurts!" I touched my forehead that she just hit. I swear, her flicked does hurt.

 

 

She giggled. "Just tell me if you have a problem, okay?" she said and left my table.

 

 

Hours passed by but Jaejoong's words remained in my mind. I wonder if he really stayed and waited for me, and curiosity really kills me but I refrained myself from going.

 

 

"Dara, let's go!" I heard Joong Ki's voice.

 

 

"H-huh? go where?" I asked him.

 

 

He smiled at me. "Miss Sandara Park, if you don't know then I am pleased to inform you that regular working hours already ended."

 

 

I stared at my watch, only to know that Joong Ki's right.

 

 

"Don't tell me that you will work overtime? again?" he asked, pouting.

 

 

"No..." I simply said and gathered my things.

 

 

"Good. I don't want Park Bom to yell at me again, telling me that I am overworking you.... I am not even your superior here."

 

 

I chuckled.

 

 

"yes!"

 

 

I was startled when he suddenly jumped and shouted.

 

 

"Are you high?" I asked him.

 

 

He shook his head. "I'm just happy that you laugh." he said shyly.

 

 

My smile faded when I remembered our real situation.

 

 

"Ey! Smile!" he said and stretched my lips to form a smile.

 

 

I hit his hands away from my face. "Yah! What do you think you're doing huh?!"

 

 

He chuckled. "That's more like you, kekeke." he said and dragged me. "Let's have dinner first and I'll take you home." he said.

 

"W-who said I am coming with you? I'll go home by myself"

 

 

"I won't let you, lady" he said with a smile plastered on his face.

 

 

Despite my struggle, in the end, I had dinner with Joong Ki and slowly, the awkwardness were gone without me noticing it.

 

 

"Aish! Wait here!" he said and left me in front of the restaurant. He did not even waited for me to speak, instead he ran amidst the rain to get his car.

 

 

"Aigoo! Why did you fetch me again?" I asked when he went out of his car again. He just smiled at me and covered our heads with his coat. "Seriously? We'll get soak even with this." I said in amusement.

 

 

"Hmmm... at least we won't be completely soaked. It's better than nothing and... I don't want you to get sick." he smiled and dragged me with him. He opened up the door for me and went in after.

 

 

"Where are you going?" I asked Joong Ki when he was about to get out of his car. "yah, I know what you are thinking and it's a no. I can manage now..." I said but he ignored me and went out of his car and opened the door again for me.

 

 

I frowned at him but he just smiled. He walked me towards our gate.

 

 

"Go now, hmmm?" I said, shooing him but he remained on his spot.

 

 

"Go in first and I'll go." he said stubbornly.

 

 

"Aigoo... Look at this guy. I am safe here, okay? Now, go before you get sick."

 

 

He shook his head.... and I rolled my eyes.

 

 

"Fine... It looks like I can't win against you today."

 

 

He nodded, smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

"go now..." I said once I entered the gate.

 

 

"Go inside now, Miss Park" he said, not leaving his spot.

 

 

"Thank you for today... Goodnight!" I said... "Don't get sick okay?! I don't want to be guilty!" I said, leaving him outside.

 

 

I went straight to my room and washed up.

 

 

"psh! I hate this rain!" I heard Bom's voice as soon as I went out of my bathroom.

 

 

I chuckled at her. "Why?"

 

"I have a date with Seunghyun but argh! It got cancelled because of this damn rain!" she said, stomping her feet.

 

 

I immediately grabbed my bag and took my hand phone, remembering Jaejoong.

 

 

It's 11:30 pm now, he won't be there, will he?

 

 

I started dialing his number but he was out of reach.

 

 

"Yah! Ssantoki! Where are you going?!" Bom yelled at me.

 

 

Damn! I don't know the place!

 

 

I grabbed my car key and went straight to the garage.

 

 

"Yah! Where are you going? It's already past eleven!"

 

 

"I'll work overtime!" I lied and started the engine.

 

 

I head straight to our department, pulled my trashcan and searched for that mini note I threw earlier. It took me three minutes to find it. I immediately ran towards my car while cursing.

 

Damn that guy! Making me worried...

 

 

I parked my car as soon as I reached the place and grabbed my umbrella. I dashed towards the restaurant and stopped when I saw him, sitting on the ground, completely soaked.

 

 

Stupid... Why did you wait for me?

 

 

 I said to myself, my hands covering my mouth, eyes welled up.

 

 

I slowly approached him, covering him with my umbrella.

 

 

He looked up, smiling.

 

 

"I know---"

 

 

"Stupid... I told you that I won't come"

 

 

"but you..." he coughed. "did come" he smiled before losing his consciousness.

 

 

-----

Here's an update for you kekeke.  Dara-ah, who will you take care of?