Be Responsible For Me

If I was the One

An hour has passed by when someone opened my door again. I didn’t bother to get up because I know that the one who entered my room is Park Bom.

 

“Dara…” She called but I did not answer. “Dara, Leeteuk oppa is just worried about you.” She said but still she got no reply from me.

 

Yes, I am angry because they won’t let me out. I am angry because of the condition that my brother gave me. However, I also understand why they are doing this to me.

 

“Yah!” Bom somehow yelled at me while hitting me at the same time.

 

I got up and glared at her. “What?”

 

“What did you two talked about?” she asked.

 

“Who?” I asked, acting as if I don’t know what she is referring to.

 

She rolled her eyes. “Who else? Of course, your brother!”

 

“What do you expect him to say? Of course, he told me to stay away from Kim Jaejoong.” I said. I am really not in the mood to tell her the specifics but knowing Park Bom? She will force me to narrate what happened a while ago.

 

I saw her brows furrowed when she heard what I’ve just said. “But he told us that he will let you go back to K’s?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Then why?” she asked. “Did you do something wrong?” Bom looked at me suspiciously.

 

I took a deep breath before telling her what happened. I told her about my brother’s condition and the consequence of breaking the deal.

 

“Is he insane? You are his only sister!” she said in disbelief. Well, I think my brother is really insane when I read the contents of that stupid envelope.

 

 “Well, I think having a loose screw is running within our family.” I commented which earned me a whack from Park Bom.

 

“Well, just accept your fate, Dara. You’ll cut off ties with K’s and work with your brother. At least, in that way, you will not break the deal and face that stupid consequence.” She said, giving me directly an idea to solve my current problem.

 

I smiled when I heard what she said. “Aiya, you are really an angel sent from above, Park Bom!” I laughed and embraced her.

 

“Y-yah! What are you being happy for?” she asked, looking at me in a weird way.

 

“Nothing! Let’s eat, I’m quite hungry now.” I smiled and dragged her towards the kitchen.

 

PARK BOM’s POV

 

After accompanying Dara to eat, I went to Leeteuk oppa’s study. I saw him in deep thoughts so I decided to knock on the door to get his attention.

 

“Are you done talking to her?” he asked.

 

I nodded. “Yes. But Oppa, why did you give her that condition and consequence?” I asked him. Leeutek oppa will never let Dara be mad at him for no reason.

 

“I just wanted to test my sister and she did not disappoint me.” Leeteuk laughed while recalling what happened when he talked to Dara.

 

“Then what if she still agreed with the deal despite the consequence? Will you really let her marry a man she doesn’t love?” I asked him and he fell in deep thoughts.

 

“Of course not! My sister’s happiness matters to me and I will never let her marry someone she doesn’t love.” He seriously said.

 

“If Dara’s happiness matter to you then why not let her be with Jaejoong sooner?” I asked since it was his decision to lock Dara in their house.

 

“Then do you think that Dara will be happy if she knows that he will leave her again?” Leeteuk asked me back.

 

“Oppa, we are not even certain if he’s cured of his illness yet. Better let Dara meet him sooner and know the truth before everything is too late. Even if she will be hurt after knowing the truth, at least she can live her life without regrets.” I said but I’m still hoping that Jaejoong is cured. Even though I am really mad at him for leaving Dara four years ago, I cannot let my anger take control and sacrifice my bestfriend’s happiness.

 

“That’s why Dara cannot meet him. This time is crucial for that guy. If I let my sister out, she will keep on pestering him and I am afraid, his treatment would be delayed.”

 

“Treatment?”

 

Leeteuk nodded. “Yes. When I am touring in China, I met a prodigy in medicine. I hope that the news is true and she can help that guy be cured of his illness.”

 

DARA’s POV

 

One week has passed since my conversation with my brother. I am just waiting for the opportunity to ask him when would I start working in the company since in the past few days because he is busy doing something that I don’t know about.

 

“Young lady.” one of the servants knocked on my door.

 

“Come in” I said while sniffing. I hurriedly wiped away my tears and stared at the book that Bom gave me to read.

 

“Young lady, you have a visitor.” The servant said which caused me to look at her direction. I saw her eyes open wide upon seeing my face.

 

“Alright. I’ll get down in a minute.” I put away the book and grab my eyeglasses before going down to meet my so called visitor.

 

“Good after—” Joong Ki stopped half-way from greeting me, his eyebrows furrowed. He walked towards me and I just smiled.

 

“It’s been a long time, Mr. Song” I said while staring at him who is now in front of me. “Yah, what’s with that face?” I asked when I saw the frown on his lips. I was about to talk again when he suddenly embraced me. “Y-you! What are you doing?”

 

“You cried.” I heard him whisper on my ears.

 

“Ah… Yes but---”

 

“I hope that I can ease the pain in your heart, Dara.” He said without letting me finish my sentence.

 

“Y-yah! What are you saying? Yes, I cried but it’s not what you think it is, you dummy!” I chuckled. Joong Ki let go of me and stared at me, trying to find out whether I am telling the truth or not.

 

“Crying really doesn’t suit you.” He said with a smile on his face.

 

I scowled. “Why?”

 

He grinned. “Because you look ugly when you cry.”

 

I punch him on his chest which made him laugh. “Ouch. That hurts.” He said, acting as if he was really hurt.

 

“Hmmm… Something has changed with you.” I said while looking at him from head to toes. “What is it?” I pondered.

 

“Oh? Something has changed in me?” Joong Ki asked, acting as if he doesn’t know what it is.

 

I nodded and continue staring at him. I punched him again on his chest and there was that feeling again. This time I grabbed his shoulder and confirmed my conclusion.

 

“Have you had enough, young lady?” he asked while grinning.

 

“Yah, erased that grin on your face. I’m just---”

 

“You just touch me earlier.” He said and I was about to refute him when he started talking again. “Aiya, I didn’t know that you have this desire towards me.”

 

I glared at him. “What desire are you talking about?! I am just confirming what has changed in you and nothing else!” I said while stomping my feet.

 

“So what did you confirm?” he asked as if he doesn’t know.

 

I didn’t bother to answer and sat on the couch. “So what brought you here after two months?”

 

He laughed. “I asked you first so you should answer first, Ms. Park.” He said, sitting across me.

 

“Hmp! Why would I answer you if you already know the answer?” I said while trying to stay calm and restrain myself from hitting this guy in front of me.

 

“Fine. I won’t force you in saying that you just miss my y body that’s why you touched me earlier.” He shamelessly said.

 

“Are you just here to tease me?” I scowled.

 

“You don’t want me here?” he asked. “If you don’t like to see me then I shall leave.” He stood up and started walking towards the main door.

 

“Y-you! Yah! Where do you think you’re going?” I hurriedly said and followed him.

 

He suddenly stops from walking and turned around, causing me to bump on his firm chest. What sorcery is this scene! Am I in some freakin novel?

 

“Ms. Park, why do you keep on harassing me?” Joong Ki breaks the momentary silence. I immediately pushed him away from me and glared at him.

 

“I am not harassing you! I bumped into you because you suddenly stopped!” I explained myself.

 

He just shook his head and grabbed me by my shoulder. “You have to be responsible for me now.”

 

“Responsible for what?”

 

“Responsible for taking my innocence.” He shamelessly said and I regret asking him that.

 

I grab his hands from my shoulder and put it down. “Song Joong Ki, stop teasing me before I throw you out.” I threatened him.

 

“I’m just kidding, Dara.” He laughed. I was dumbfounded when he suddenly pulled me in his embrace. “I miss you.” He whispered.

 

“Y-you’re taking advantage of me.” I told him not replying to his last sentence.

 

“Don’t worry, I will take responsibility.” He said jokingly. He finally let go of his embrace and dragged me back towards the living room.

 

“Seriously, what brought you here after two months?” I asked him. It’s been two months since we last saw each other. At first, I thought he is just busy with work but after a few weeks of being locked up in our house, it made me wonder why didn’t he visit me.  

 

He smiled. “Let’s just say that I am busy.”

 

I raised my brow. “Busy with what?” I asked in curiosity but he just shrugged his shoulder, not answering my question.

 

-----

Can't move on from Jae and Dara's photo haha. The ship suddenly sails. Anyway, it's been a long time since I last updated this fanfic. Thank you for still reading this. Will update again if I am not busy with work.