That's for the better

If I was the One

JAEJOONG's POV

 

I was surprised when I saw Dara at the lobby of Lux Hotel. I contemplated whether to approach her or not and I got an idea when my secretary break the news to me that Dara is working at my company. I mustered all of my courage to face her again and began to walk but when I was almost near her, all my courage was gone. I acted foolish once she was in front of me... I acted as if I do not know her... I wanted to embrace her, kiss her right there and then, but I restrained myself, knowing that she really hates me...

 

I know... I deserved it... I deserved it for treating her like that four years ago... but I just did it because I love her and I don't want to burden her. I wanted to punch myself when I saw her crying to Seunghyun when she left the bar. I wanted to kill myself when she almost lost it back then... and on that night, when she went to our house, I followed her and saw her crying, scared of herself. I followed my heart for the last time and approached her, embraced her for the last time but I went back to reality and called Seunghyun because I know that I only have a short time.

 

Yes, I broke up with her when I found out that I have a rare heart disease called 'Vitium Cordis', some even called it 'Hades Embrace'. As per the doctor,  Vitium Cordis is deadly. I begged him to tell me that I can be cured, but he did not give me a satisfactory answer. He said that I can only live for five years at most. 

 

"What is happening here?!" secretary Oh suddenly appeared. "What happened to you, Sajangnim?" he asked me when he saw my face. "M-Miss Park? What have you done?" he asked again.

 

"Just a misunderstanding, Secretary Oh." I simply said and turned to my bodyguards. "Release her" I told them and they followed. Dara quickly stood up when the show ended but I told my guards to get her. I just wanted to be with her a little longer...

 

"Y-Yah! Let me out!" she banged the door of my car while shouting at my guards. I can't help but giggle at her. God knows how I missed this lady beside me. "What do you want?!" she yelled at me.

 

"You." I suddenly said out of nowhere.

 

"W-what nonsense are you saying?! Let me out of hmmmmmmpf! uhmsgak!" her words got cut off when my guard suddenly covered with a cloth and tied her hands! I glared at my bodyguard, then laugh afterwards, acting as if I'm a complete jerk.

 

"Follow me." I said. We went inside but a snake appeared, ruining my moment, kissed me in front of her and I had no choice but to kiss her back since I already looked like a complete jerk to the girl in front of me. The snake finally stopped, I pulled my cigarette and smoke. Yes, I smoke even though I know that she hates it. Might as well smoke if I am about to die, at least it won't take long, right? After all, I already lost my girl.

 

I stopped her from drinking because I know that she really can't handle herself when drunk. She got mad at me when I took the shot glass away from her and even called the snake, a and .

 

"Y-yeah!" she stood, cheering. "Eeennjoy ssnogging, Jaejoong-ah... Don't mind me at all! I'm outttaaaa heere!" she said and left.

 

"Stop right there, Miss Park!" I yelled but she did not listen to me. I immediately followed her and saw her crying in front of the poor tree. I just stood, not that far from her.

 

"Heellloooo?! Whoish thisss?" I heard her asked when her phone rang. I heard her laugh then after a few seconds, ended the call and point at the tree again, talking to it.

 

Two guys approached her and tried to hit on her, I dashed towards her and gave the two a hard punch. How dare they touch my girl.

 

"Kekeke... You arrived too fast, Joong Ki-ah" she said and lost consciousness. I bitterly smiled and brought her to my unit.

 

I gently put her on my bed. I was surprised when she suddenly put her arms around my neck the kissed me. I momentarily lost my mind and kissed her back but I stopped it. I pulled away from her and she started talking nonstop, actually not talking but cursing nonstop. I left her for a second but when I came back, I saw her on the floor, unconscious... and she threw up.

 

"Aigoo, why did she even drink when she can't handle it?" I smiled. I lifted her from the floor and put her on my bed again. I closed my eyes and started removing her dress. I didn't even take a peek, I swear... but I wanted too... it's hard for me too, you know... I am still a man.

 

I took a deep breath when I finally removed her dress. I covered her first and get my shirt and put it on her after I cleaned her body, still not looking but touching, which is really tempting.

 

I cleaned the floor and finally washed all the hotness away. "Aish, this girl is really troublesome." I said when I saw her legs came out from the blanket. I grabbed my hand phone, covered her and decided to take pictures of her sleeping. I also took a couple of our pictures... "I love you, Sandara Park" I whispered to her and kissed her forehead.

 

"I love you..." I heard her say in her sleep.

 

I suddenly woke up when I heard her scream. "Y-YOU... W-what did you do to me?!" she looked the cutest when she asked me.

 

"Don't tell me you don't remember anything Miss Park?" I smirked and move closer to her. I stopped myself from laughing when I saw her thinking any possible things that might happen between us. She even warned me not to move but how can I not move when she looks like a kitten cornered by a lion? I even smiled widely, enjoying every moment of ours. "You don't?" I asked with amusement. "Shall I make you remember?" I said playfully. I caught her when she almost fell on my bed and saw her closed her eyes.

 

"You still don't remember it hmmmm?" I asked seductively, still trying not to laugh. She really didn't change at all. I was smiling widely when she suddenly kicked me and got up from my bed.

 

"Move and you're dead! Don't you dare tell anybody what happened or I will really hunt you!" she said and marched. I giggled when I saw her searching where the exit is.

 

"Hey! Are you leaving with my shirts on?!" I said and she stopped, looking at her clothes. I saw her turned red and I finally laugh since I can't hold it in anymore. "Your clothes are on my bathroom" I said and winked at her but all she did was glared at me, well I don't blame her.

 

I put on my shirt and prepared our breakfast. "Eat first before you leave" I said, hoping that she would say yes, but if she refused, I still have my ultimate card.

 

"Thanks but no thanks" she refused.

 

"Hmmm? You don't want to? Then shall I upload our photos in the net?" I said and she stopped once again. She really didn't have a choice but to eat with me. I deleted one of our photos since I already copied all of it on my computer kekeke. Why would I even delete it, it's my latest picture of her.

 

As soon as she's done eating, she went out and forgot her bag. I followed her and saw her hitting his head, trying to remember something.

 

"Princess!" I shouted and she looked back. "You forgot your bag!" I said. I again but she kicked me. "Aigoo, she's still violent." I shook my head. I grabbed my car key and followed her. "Where is she going?" I muttered when the cab took another way. "Did she realize that I was following her?" I asked myself. I drive slowly, distancing my car just behind the cab. I suddenly stepped on the brake when the door of the cab opened and saw her jumped off.

 

damn! what is she thinking?!

 

I pulled over, my heart racing fast. I immediately rushed towards her and saw her covered with blood. I called 911, praying that she is okay.

 

"Please be okay..." I prayed hard, shaking from fear.

 

I waited for an hour or two outside the emergency room and I finally breathe in relief when the doctor that she's fine, aside from some bone fracture and bruises.

 

"What are you thinking... Why did you jump off? Are you trying to kill yourself or are you stupid?" I asked the unconscious her. I gently held her hands and kissed it. "You just gave me a heart attack... You... You are not allowed to go first before me, hmmm?" I talked to her while she's sleeping.

 

I stayed for another hour and let her hands go. I talked to the nurse and gave her Dara's hand phone, telling her to call whoever is the last person she's talked to.

 

I leaned on the wall, watching Dara from afar when I saw someone running towards her bed. I smiled bitterly when I saw Song Joong Ki, staring at her and I knew right away that he likes her. I closed my fist when I saw him hold my girl's hand and even kissed it like I did!

 

I faked a laugh when I saw Dara wake up and she just pouted in front of Joong Ki. I hate it.... I hate it when she's pouting like that to others.... I hate it... I hate it when she's smiling at some other guy than me... I am jealous... I am jealous at Song Joong Ki because he can be with her...

 

"Let's go, Jae" Seunghyun tapped my shoulder when we saw Dara getting transferred to a private room.

 

"Just a second..." I said, still looking at her. I heard Seunghyun took a deep breath. "Let's go" I finally said once she finally entered her room.

 

"If you love her, go for it, Jae.... Don't hold back anymore, hmmm? Stop being stubborn."

 

I shook my head. "I don't want to b---"

 

"Then you should not have approached her again the in the first place if you will only leave her again." Seunghyun said.

 

"I was not planning too but---"

 

"But you can't help yourself. See, that's how much you missed her... That's how much you love her. If she gets angry, that's normal. You left her even though I told you not to. Don't even think if you will live for a year or not, you can be selfish--"

 

"I don't want to hurt her any further, Tabi-ah.. I don't want to hurt her when I leave--"

 

"But if you waited for another year, Joong Ki might snatch her completely from you." he said and I fell silent. "Would you want that to happen?"

 

I forced a smile. "Y-yeah... That's for the better" I said, completely lying to him and to myself.

 

"Tsk... Come on, listen to me for once, Jae." he said but I did not answer anymore. "Will you really not regret it? You will encounter her in your company... both of them, happy with each other... dating in the company, completely sweet... hugging there, kiss--"

 

"Shut up!"

 

"Why are you affected?" Seunghyun asked innocently.

 

"I... I.."

 

"You can't say you are not because that means you don't love---"

 

"I LOVE HER!" I raised my voice and the people at the hospital all look at us.

 

Seunghyun smirked. "Then, go for it. Face Leeteuk Hyung and my lovely Bommie's wrath."

 

I looked at Seunghyun. "You... Don't tell me you haven't forgotten what they did to you four years ago?" I asked and he smiled.

 

"How can I forget? I have to go through hell because of your stupidity. Psh! That's why it's your turn to face them..."

 

"Stop trying--"

 

"Then it's alright for you to see them kissing?"

 

"Of course not!" I immediately answered.

 

"Make a move now or else you will lose to Song Joong Ki."

 

"What---"

 

"Yeah right... I know I already won, Jae." he tapped my shoulder and left me.

 

---

 

I changed Jae's disease and made a non-existent one so I can be free to do whatever I want without any restrictions haha.