The Grandmother

If I was the One

"Why did you decide to pick up my sister here?" Leeteuk oppa asked Joong Ki. I can't even speak because he's in a serious mode.

 

I saw Joong Ki gulped. "I... I asked her to accompany me today---"

 

"Accompany you? Are you asking my sister for a date?" Leeteuk oppa asked him again, not letting him finish his sentence. My eyes darted to Bom and Hye Sun who just giggled but stop when my brother looked at them.

 

"O-oppa.."

 

"Don't interfere, Sandara" he said.

 

I stared at Hyun Joong and he's smiling from ear to ear. Remind me to kill him later for telling my brother about Joong Ki asking me to accompany him.

 

"B-but oppa--"

 

"No more buts, lady!" he raised his voice.

 

I silenced myself. I don't blame him if he acts this way because I know that he's just protecting me... trying his best not to let me get hurt.. again.. I know that he's still blaming himself for letting Jaejoong court me back then.

 

"I don't think I can tell you without first saying it directly to your sister, Sir." Joong Ki finally said. "I just asked her to accompany me on a party... If I like her, I would tell her first... If I want to date her, I would tell her first. So, I don't think I can answer you right now, Sir."

 

To my surprise, my brother laughed. "You've got guts, young man!" Leeteuk oppa said. "Fine, take my sister away." Leeteuk oppa said. "However, if you try to do something bad to her, pray hard because I will haunt you." my brother warned.

 

"I'll keep that in mind, sir." Joong Ki said. "Your brother is really scary!" he said when we got inside his car.

 

I smiled.

 

"I know... I even saw you gulped earlier." I said and chuckled.

 

"Dang! I was busted" Joong Ki said while laughing.

 

"At least you came back here, alive." I said. "If you answered yes or no, I wonder what could have possibly happened... May be, you are already buried six feet under."

 

"Not really..."  he said, making my head turn towards his direction. "I wouldn't die before I can even confess to you."

 

I looked away. "S-stop joking around, Joong Ki-ah."

 

"Alright, alright..." he said.

 

"So, would you tell me now where we are going dress like this?" I changed the topic.

 

"You'll know when we get there" Joong Ki winked at me and drive faster. All throughout our journey, we did not talk but only listened to some music. We entered in an isolated area full of trees but it is not dark, instead, it is well lit. I can't even help but open my mouth because of the scenery since the lights almost look like diamonds, it sparkles.

 

Joong Ki parked his car and opened the door for me. He offered me his arm and I took it because I don't want to embarrass myself and trip. "Beautiful, isn't it?" he asked me.

 

"Yes, indeed." I simply said, admiring the scenery in front of me.

 

"But you are more beautiful" he added, making me blush. "I wasn't able to tell you that earlier." he laughed.

 

"It's thanks to Bom and Hye Sun."

 

He shook his head. "I don't think so."

 

My brows furrowed. "Huh?"

 

"With or without make up, you are beautiful." he said, smiling at me. "Shall we go?"

 

I just nodded, unable to answer back because of his flattery. I was about to follow the people walking towards the bridge but Joong Ki stopped me. "Aren't we going that way?" I asked him. Staring at the mansion at the other side. "How can we go there if we won't use the bridge?" I asked him since the mansion is surrounded by waters.

 

 

He chuckled. "You'll see later.. Just follow me" he said and winked at me. Since I don't have a choice, I just followed him.

 

"Is this place safe?" I asked him when we reached some place looking like a forest. It's not like I am scared but I can't really move comfortably because of what I'm wearing right now. I don't want to trip a dozen of times while walking around in a grassy area, you know?

 

"Trust me..." he said and hold my hand. I just let him hold me though I'm feeling awkward... really awkward.

 

"Woah! It's beautiful!" I exclaimed when we reached a leafy green tunnel which looks like it came out from a fairy tale book.

 

 

"I'm glad you like it" Joong Ki said while we're walking.

 

Joong Ki and I kept on walking for about fifteen minutes but I didn't even felt tired, may be because of the beautiful scenery and because of Joong Ki's talkativeness. There's never a dull moment in those fifteen minutes and I really enjoyed it even if I am wearing the killer heels.

 

"So.. where do we go from now?" I asked him when we got out of the leafy tunnel. He smiled and let go of my hand. "What are you doing?" I asked when he suddenly kneeled on the grassy forest.

 

"Stand back a little." Joong Ki said while touching the grass. I did what he asked me and then after a few seconds, he moved back.

 

I can't even explain what I am feeling right now, it's just purely amazing when the ground suddenly moved and revealed a stairs leading downwards.

 

"Shall we?" he asked and I nodded. He hold my hands again and we started walking down the stairs and once we reached the end of the stairs, my eyes went wide, mouth opened, admiring the place I am in. "You like it?"

"Look! It's nemo!" I ran towards the glass barrier and pointed a fish. I just can't believe it! We're in an underground water passage! I feel like I am in the Ocean Aquarium once again.

 

"It's not nemo... It's a clownfish" Joong Ki said.

 

"I know but he's nemo! You know, finding nemo?" I said and stared again at the fishes.

 

"Alright... alright..." he laughed. We stayed for a couple of minutes before we moved on. I saw different species of fish, there's a moorish idol, a regal blue tang, a puffer, a starfish, a jellyfish, a damselfish, a swordfish, etc.

 

"Waaah! It's really beautiful here, Joong Ki-ah!" I happily said, turning around, feeling the beauty of the underground aquarium.

 

"Careful" Joong Ki catch me when I tripped from turning around.

 

"T-Thanks..." I said.

 

"No problem" he smiled at me. We continued walking until we reached the end of the aquarium and a large entrance hall welcomed me. The wall is all white, there's a chandelier and one staircase leading upstairs but the most noticeable in front of me is the man, wearing a black suit, looking at the two of us. I quickly get my hands away from Joong Ki and looked away. "You're already here!" Joong Ki said.

 

So... Joong Ki brought me to the exclusive party of the owner of Frestine. The one Jaejoong invited me into...

 

"Y-Yeah... I can see that you are with my personal assistant." I heard Jaejoong said.

 

Joong Ki chuckled. "Yes! but she's not your personal assistant today, Jae. She's my date." Joong Ki said.

 

"Your date?" Jaejoong asked. Their conversation really made me anxious, mostly because I can sense Jae staring at me intently.

 

"Ah-huh." Joong Ki replied. "I asked her. How about you? Did you bring your date?"

 

Jaejoong laughed. "No. She rejected me..." he said.

 

"What? Someone rejected you?!" Joong Ki asked in amusement and laughed. "It's alright, Jae. At least, it's a first for you. Right, Dara?" Joong Ki suddenly asked me.

 

"Y-yes." I answered.

 

"I think, we should go up." Joong Ki said. He hold my hands again and carefully guided me upstairs while Jaejoong followed us from behind.

 

There's a few people inside the mansion but when we reached the garden, a large amount of guest greeted us. Most of them are busy socializing and talking about their businesses. "Jae, I would leave Dara to you."

 

"W-what?" I said, alarmed.

 

Joong Ki smiled. "I'll be back." he assured me and look at Jae. "I'll leave my date to you for a while, Jae. Don't do anything to her okay?" Joong Ki said and left.

 

Aish! Why did he leave me with this guy... I'm so doomed.

 

"I.. I'll go to the comfort room." I excused myself and stood up.

 

"I'll come with you." I heard Jaejoong said.

 

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." I said.

 

Can't he understand that I want to be away from him.

 

"Joong Ki told me to look after you."

 

"I can manage." I said calmly.

 

"Stop being stubborn and--"

 

"Jaejoong-ah!" his words were cut off when we heard an elderly voice. "Oh! Hija! It's nice seeing you here!" the owner of Frestine said in delight. I was taken aback when she suddenly embraced me. "It's been a long time since I last saw you, you've grown really beautiful." the grandma said, praising me.

 

"T-thanks, Ma'am." I shyly said.

 

"Aigoo, this lady is really shy. I remember you back then when I insisted that you take a picture as a remembrance." the grandma said, remembering the wedding photo shoot I did with Jaejoong and Hyun Joong. "So, are you still single?" she asked, placing me in an uncomfortable situation. "To be honest, I really thought that one of the two young man will be your boyfriend but I think I'm wrong." she said.

 

I indeed made one of them my boyfriend and he's just right in front of you... Turns out it was a wrong choice.

 

"Grannie!" I heard Joong Ki's voice.

 

The three of us turned to Joong Ki and he's smiling. He placed his arms around the grandma's shoulder. I forced a smile, realizing that Joong Ki is the grandson of the owner of Frestine. He is the grandson of the owner of this beautiful place that's why he knows where to go.

 

"Where's your date, Joong Ki-ah?" the grandma asked him. "I thought you're with the lady you've met at Australia?"

 

Joong Ki smiled at his grandmother. "Yes, I am with her."

 

"Tss.. I would prefer Miss Park than some clubber girl" The grandmother of Joong Ki said. I faked a cough while Joong Ki laughed and Jaejoong remained silent.

 

"You heard it, Dara? My grandma wants you to be my date." Joong Ki said and went beside me.

 

"You know her?" grandma asked Joong Ki. I stared at Jaejoong but he's just silent.

 

May be he really doesn't care if Joong Ki will know.

 

"Of course! I've met her in Australia!" Joong Ki revealed, shocking his grandmother for a moment.

 

"S-she's the clubber girl?"

 

Joong Ki nodded. "but Grannie, I already told you that she's not like what you think. Are you agreeing with me now hmmm?"

 

To my surprise, grandmother hold my hands. "Oh my god! This is a great gift! The truth is, I really wanted to introduce my grandson to you back then."

 

Uh-oh! Here it goes.

 

"Grandson!"

 

I was frozen when I heard a familiar voice. I didn't even survive the first disaster yet but a second big mishap came quickly.

 

"Jin Ae!" the grandmother of Joong Ki said.

 

"Hea Jung!" Jaejoong's grandmother and Joong Ki's grandmother embraced each other. Jae's grandmother went beside him.

 

"She's my soon to be granddaughter-in-law!" both of the grandmother exclaimed while pointing at me.

 

I stared at Jaejoong and he looked calm while Joong Ki gave me a dubious look. Don't even ask me what I am feeling right now, I only want to disappear right now.

 

----

Here's an update keke. What will happen with the appearance of Joong Ki and Jae's grandmother?