Sick

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breathing heavily on her bed, Seohyun lies still for she was too weak to move. As she continues to rest the door slowly opens revealing a shadow. The shadowed figure carefully moved closer to where she is. Though she was too weak, Seohyun felt a presence near her. She felt a soft touch on her forehead, though not knowing whose hand it was she felt safe. Placing all her energy to her eyes, she slowly opens them.

Seohyun: Eh...

Yonghwa: You’re awake.

Seohyun: Ah...Yonghwa? Why are you here?

Ignoring her question, Yonghwa moved to the sofa to place his coat and tie. Knowing that he ignored her question, Seohyun felt an angry atmosphere from him.

Yonghwa: You haven’t taken any medicine have you or eaten anything?

Seohyun: No...no appetite...that’s not the issue...

Gathering all her strength, she forces herself to sit.

Seohyun: Why are you here?

Yonghwa: Sigh – I say. Normally, when a person suddenly hears you say, “I can’t move, I’m not coming in today,” and just hangs up; everyone will think something happened to you. Plus you wouldn’t answer your phone.

Checking her phone right beside her, Seohyun notices a number of messages and missed calls.

Seohyun: Ah...it was on vibrate (He’s mad...)

Yonghwa: Sigh, never mind.

He knew staying mad at her was useless, so he just continued fixing he coat and tie on the sofa. Besides seeing her weak, he didn’t have the heart to stay mad at her. Knowing he was mad at her, Seohyun just stared at him.

Seohyun: (Yonghwa...did you come here because you were worried? That makes me feel bad, I just caused you trouble.)

Stuck with her own thoughts, she didn’t notice Yonghwa was walking towards her. Noticing her daydreaming, he just sat beside her and placed his hand carefully on her cheek. With his actions Seohyun woke from her daze and looked at him. Feeling his hand on her cheek, she slowly closes her eyes.

Yonghwa: ...your sick? You’re so warm.

Seohyun: Umm...Yonghwa, what about work?

Yonghwa: Don’t worry about it. The boss agreed that I would come over.

Seohyun: What?

 

– Flashback in S.M.E Office –

Leeteuk: S.M.E Office...eh Seohyun?

Seohyun: Cough, cough...I can’t move, I’m not coming in today.

Before he could answer Seohyun already hanged up. He tried calling her again but there was no answer.

Minhyuk: Boss, what happened to Seohyun?

Leeteuk: Seohyun’s in trouble!

Minhyuk: What happened?!

Before he could answer, the door suddenly opened revealing Yonghwa and Jungshin.

Jungshin: Good morning!

Minhyuk: There’s no time for that, we have a problem!

Jungshin: Eh, what happened?

Minhyuk: Boss said that Seohyun is in trouble!

Yonghwa: What are you talking about?

Jungshin: What happened?

Leeteuk: She called sounding weak and said “I can’t move, I can’t come in today.”

Jungshin: Hmm, it didn’t sound like she was in trouble in particular.

Minhyuk: What do you mean Jungshin? Calling sounding weak and saying that doesn’t sound trouble to you?!

Jungshin: Boss, is that the only thing she said?

Leeteuk: Well she was coughing...

Yonghwa: ...she’s sick.

Minhyuk: She’s sick? Or she could be in pain, ah I don’t know!

Yonghwa gives Minhyuk an angry and annoyed look making him freeze.

Yonghwa: As I said she’s sick.

Jungshin: How are you so sure hyung?

Yonghwa: When we were handling a case yesterday both of us fell on a river. She could have gotten a cold because of that.

Leeteuk: Yonghwa, go check up on her asap! That’s an order!

Minhyuk: But boss, if Seohyun said she couldn’t move how will hyung be able to enter the front door? He can’t barge in so suddenly since she lives in a high class hotel.

Leeteuk: I know! Yonghwa can go up to the front desk and show his badge saying he need to see her.

Jungshin: I don’t think we should cause a commotion boss.

Yonghwa: What nonsense are you guys talking about, I’ll just enter the pass code.

Minhyuk: ...hyung, you know Seohyun’s pass code?

 Yonghwa: Yes, why?

Leeteuk: Why do you know her code?!

Pissed with all their questions and reaction he glared at them.

Yonghwa: Why shouldn’t I know, she is my PARTNER

With his answer everyone froze, too shock to speak. Ignoring their reaction, he got his coat and left the office to visit Seohyun.

– End of Flashback –

 

Yonghwa: Don’t worry, just lay down.

Seohyun: Ah...ok...

He helped her lay down at wrapped her with a blanket. After helping, he went into her kitchen to check if there was anything for her to eat. But the only thing he found in her refrigerator was a bottle of water. With no other choice, he had to go out and buy her food. Sighing he went back into Seohyun’s room with the bottle of water on his hand.

Yonghwa: You should eat something before taking medicine. What do you want to eat?

Seohyun: Hm – I don’t really have an appetite.

Yonghwa: No. You have to eat something.

Seohyun:  Fine...I want gogumas

Yonghwa: Gogumas?

Yonghwa: Okay, I’ll go buy you some, just wait for me. Here drink this as much as you can.

Seohyun: Th...thank you.

While getting ready to go out, Yonghwa looked at her direction once again. Seeing her lying down on her bed weak, made him want to go out and buy her food faster. When Yonghwa left, Seohyun continued to stare at the door where he was. She forces herself to sit up once again and reaches for the bottle of water just beside her bed.

Seohyun: How troublesome...I actually have a fever. A fever –

Suddenly a flashback of Yonghwa almost kissing her on the river bed appeared on her mind. Not wanting to remember that incident she continues to shake her head sideways, making her dizzy.

Seohyun: Waahh!!! Don’t remember it! Don’t remember it! Ah... (Actually – I don’t dislike Yonghwa’s touch. But it’s weird, I didn’t feel anything when I touched him, but when he touched me, I can’t keep calm...It’s true that I like Yonghwa...Do all girls feel this way when they are face with the person the like?) Sigh...really, such a troublesome prospect...

A few minutes later Yonghwa returned with a bag of groceries. Before he places it all in the kitchen he decided to check up on Seohyun. Expecting her to be fast asleep, he found her sitting up staring at the window. Worried that there might be something wrong he carefully approached her.

Yonghwa: Hey...

Surprised with a voice Seohyun looked at Yonghwa and smiled.

Seohyun: Welcome back. Oh...you went grocery shopping.

Yonghwa: Your fridge was empty so I decided to fill it up with some supplies. Why are you awake you’re supposed to be resting?

Seohyun: I did...I just woke up...

Yonghwa: Sigh. I’ll just place this in the kitchen and I’ll be back with your gogumas. Lay d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter