Banquet

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

– S.M.E Office –

Yonghwa threw a dress on Seohyun’s face.

Seohyun: Wah! You...what are you doing? Yonghwa!

Yonghwa: Put “that” on and come with me.

Seohyun: This...isn’t this a dress? You want me to go to a banquet with you?

Yonghwa: Correct!

Seohyun: ...what? I’m going where to do what?

Yonghwa: You just need to eat, drink, and stay by my side. Should be easy enough.

Seohyun: Is it for work?

Yonghwa: No, this is completely unrelated.

Seohyun: Then...wait a sec! Why do I have to accompany you to a banquet?

Yonghwa: Because I can relax a bit of I bring a girl. Besides...aren’t you my partner? (Looks at her and exits the room)

Seohyun: (Blushing)...

Jungshin: (Wah! Why is hyung acting like that...?)

 

– Banquet –

Seohyun: ...Yonghwa, are we really going to enter?

Yonghwa: You already know the answer. Of course we go in, we’re already here. Let’s go! (Places his hand around Seohyun’s waist)

Seohyun: Ugh...eh?

When Yonghwa and Seohyun entered everyone was looking at them.

 

   

 

Girl 1: Oh my...who is that?

Girl 2: So handsome...

Girls 3: I think that’s the eldest son of the Jung family...

Girl 4: Haven’t seen him for awhile. He’s still as charismatic as ever.

Girl 5: This time it’s not his older sister accompanying him...

Seohyun: (Everyone keeps staring at us...) Yonghwa...what kind of banquet is it? It looks so extravagant...

Yonghwa: A politician’s...birthday banquet.

Seohyun: What? A birthday banquet for a politician? Yonghwa, why do you have to attend?

Before Yonghwa could answer her question someone suddenly called him.

Shinhye: ...Yonghwa~ssi! Long time no see. Sine you’re here, why haven’t you greeted me?

Seohyun: Who is she? (There’re attendants behind her)

Yonghwa: I forgot...

Seohyun: You...

Shinhye: (Touched Yonghwa’s arm) my father is looking for you. Could you come with me for a bit? (Looks at Seohyun and smirks)

Seohyun wasn’t happy when she saw her touching and hugging Yonghwa’s arm. She wanted to say something, but she thought who is she to tell him what to do.

Yonghwa: (Looks at Seohyun) Seohyun...

Seohyun: Huh?

Yonghwa: I’ll be right back.

Seohyun: Okay...

Yonghwa: (Caressed her cheek) be good.

Shinhye: (Pulls Yonghwa’s arm) Yonghwa~ssi! Let’s hurry!

Shinhye pulled Yonghwa away from Seohyun, leaving her alone.

Seohyun: He... (Touched her cheek) what did he...do that for? (Blushed)

 

Shinhye: Truthfully, I didn’t think Yonghwa~ssi would attend father’s birthday banquet. Usually it’s your father and sister that attend...

Yonghwa: (Removes his arm around Shinhye’s hold) ...

Shinhye: Yonghwa~ssi?

Yonghwa: Up to here is fine, I can go by myself (Walks away)

Shinhye: (Wha...what?!)

Yonghwa: (So she’s the celebrant’s daughter?)

 

When Yonghwa left Seohyun alone, everyone was staring at her.

Seohyun: (I’m being ostracized...I...I’m going to get some food. Waah! So many different kinds of food...)

 

 

Seohyun starts filling her plate with food and began eating.

Seohyun: Yum! (Anyway...I thought Yonghwa would be unpopular at these kinds of events. Just now was very surprising to see...a scene like that...most people who attend banquets bring someone “close” right? Then there’s no girlfriend? How do the people around us see me and Yonghwa?) Huh?

Seohyun notices a man acting strange.

Seohyun: (...that’s weird? That man looks horrible. And he’s shaking nonstop...is he not feeling well? What is he staring at?)

Shinhye: Pardon me...

Seohyun: (Waah! It’s the girl from earlier. She...what does she want with me?)

Shinhye: You...just what is your relationship with Yonghwa~ssi?

Seohyun: Huh? (Relationship? My relationship with Yonghwa is...we are co-workers, we are partners...why as what our relationship is?)

Shinhye: My family and Yonghwa~ssi’s family are close friends, so we often see each other at events like this. But Yonghwa~ssi’s companion has always been a relative, so why are you...

Seohyun: C-can I ask...what does the Jung family do?

Shinhye: You don’t know? Yonghwa~ssi is from a family of doctors. Every generation is a doctor! Only the eldest son left and became an officer.

  Seohyun: (D-doctor?! Doctor? Doesn’t seem like it...not one bit! I’ve even seen him wear a white coat)

Shinhye: You look young. How old are you?

Seohyun: 21...

Shinhye: ...21?!

Everyone started to murmur when they heard she was 21.

Shinhye: 21? Then...in other words. You are the same age as Krystal?

Seohyun: (Krystal...it the girl Yonghwa mentioned in his sleep...do these people know “Krystal~ssi?)

Shinhye: I get it (Smirks) so it was like that.  You are Krystal’s substitute.

Seohyun: (I am...Krystal’s substitute?)

 

Meanwhile Yonghwa was talking with Shinhye’s father:

Yonghwa: ...threats?

Mr. Park: Right. It started a month ago with letters and phone calls. So I’m used to these sorts of things and I have arranged for protection. But I have a lot of enemies.

Yonghwa: The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter