"Birthday"

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– S.M.E Office –

Jungshin entered the office and noticed Seohyun sitting by the sofa reading a magazine. Too focused with the magazine Seohyun didn’t notice Jungshin standing in front of her.

 

     

 

Jungshin: (What is she reading? I’ve been standing here for a while; hmm I should play a prank on her, but what?)

Jungshin: Seohyun-ssi, what are you reading?

Seohyun: Huh? This!

Jungshin: This month’s horoscopes? Oh...astrology.

Seohyun: Right! Jungshin, what’s your zodiac sign?

Jungshin: Me? My birthday is September 15...

Seohyun: Virgo? Virgo....let me see~ “Overall, this month is a lucky one. What was lost will be found and unexpected wealth will come forth.”

Jungshin: Haha. Unexpected wealth is it?

Seohyun: It is also says “It is the best month to confess to the person you like.”

Jungshin: COUGH

Seohyun: What’s wrong? Are you okay?

Jungshin: COUGH...I’m fine...COUGH.

Seohyun: (Hmm...I wonder what Yonghwa’s horoscope is) Jungshin, do you know Yonghwa’s horoscope?

Jungshin: (Hehehe...hyung’s birthday is June 22 but let’s play a little trick...time for my plan) Hmm, March 22.

Seohyun:  March 22...Aries? March...22? Eh? Yonghwa’s birthday is almost here!

Jungshin: Oh, you didn’t know Seohyun~ssi?

?: What are you doing?

Both Seohyun and Jungshin looked at their side...

Seohyun: Yonghwa!

 

 

Yonghwa sat beside Seohyun.

Yonghwa: Seriously...he held me up for a whole hour...

Jungshin: The boss? You’ve worked hard.

Seohyun: (Ah...)

Seohyun suddenly noticed Yonghwa’s tie.

Seohyun: (That’s the tie I gave him, hehehe. I feel so happy~)

Yonghwa moves nearer to Seohyun, and places his arm behind her.

Yonghwa: What are you reading?

Seohyun: I’m looking at horoscopes!

Yonghwa: Horoscopes?

Seohyun: It’s really interesting! I was looking at Jungshin’s horoscope. He’s Virgo. Not only will he have unexpected wealth, it’s also a good month for him to confess his feelings.

Yonghwa: Is that so...

Jungshin: Cough, cough, chough, chough...

Seohyun: By the way, Yonghwa, don’t you celebrate your birthday?

Yonghwa: (Why is she suddenly asking?) No need to celebrate when you get this age.

Seohyun: Eh? Is everyone like this?

Jungshin: (Pfft...She believed me, I wonder how things would turn out.) Yeah...but it varies...those with significant others will celebrate together.

Seohyun: Is that so... (A significant other? Will Yonghwa only be happy if he has a special person to celebrate with him? I...also want to help Yonghwa celebrate!)

Yonghwa read his horoscope of the day.

Yonghwa: (“Tremendous luck will fall upon your star this month. You will have a special day unlike previous ones. You may also receive a very special gift trough some circumstances.” ...a very special gift huh...)

 

– Next Day S.M.E Office –

Seohyun: (A day passed already...speaking of which, how can I help Yonghwa celebrate? For my birthday, every year Kyuhyun oppa and Jinwoon oppa help me celebrate...they usually prepare a big cake and they give me gifts...let me think...oh yeah, a gift! Since it’s a birthday, I have to give him a gift!)

With Seohyun to busy with her thoughts, she didn’t notice both Yonghwa and Jungshin were staring at her.

Yonghwa: ...what’s up with her?

Jungshin: No idea.

Seohyun: (But, what should I give him? What sort of thing will make Yonghwa happy?)

 

– Next Day –

A number of people were standing behind the boarder trying to see what is behind the curtain of the crime scene. Both Yonghwa and Seohyun suddenly arrived at the scene.

Seohyun: (IT'S NO GOOD...I have no idea what to get him! I couldn’t even sleep a wink from all this thinking!)

Yonghwa showed his badge to the police officer standing guard outside the curtain. Yonghwa held the curtain in order for Seohyun to enter first.

Jonghyun: Oh, it’s hyung and Seohyun.

 

 

Yonghwa: Oh, are you in charge of this case?

Seohyun: Long time no see.

Jonghyun: Ah...yes.

Yonghwa: What happened?

Jonghyun: The victim is a male around 20 years old and has been dead for several hours. Also, his forehead and the back of his head have bruises and lacerations. He was probably struck by a solid club-shaped weapon like a bat or an iron bar.

Seohyun suddenly notice that the curtain was slightly opened so some of the people could see what was happening inside. She noticed a man standing in the middle of the crowd smiling.

Seohyun: ...? (What’s wrong with that person? Why is he smiling?)

Yonghwa: Seohyun: What’s wrong?

Seohyun: Ah, Yonghwa! No...nothing...then I’m going to look into the victim’s mind.

Yonghwa: Okay.

Seohyun: (That’s right. I need to focus on the case. I’ll put the matter of the gift aside for now. Let’s catch the criminal as soon as possible!)

 

– Nightfall S.M.E Office –

Yonghwa and Seohyun were sitting on the sofa exhausted.

Seohyun: (...so tiring...dead tired...anyway that killer...)

 

– Flashback –

Seohyun used her powers and in a few seconds she stopped.

Yonghwa: What’s up? Can’t see what the killer looks like?

Seohyun:  That’s not it...I saw him, but he looks familiar...eh?

Seohyun suddenly saw the slightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter