Reason

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

– Police Department Building –

Seohyun's POV:

I am Seohyun. This morning, while walking through the police station...everyone was talking about my partner.

 

Seohyun: Good morning everyone!

Girl 1: Let me tell you, I took the elevator together with him!

Girl 2: Really? Awesome!

Girl 3: I also want to get a close look at him!

Girl 1: Yonghwa~ssi!

Seohyun heard three girls talking in the lobby she was about to pass them but couldn’t help but stop and hide from the corner and listen to their conversation.

Seohyun: (Ah...)

Girl 1: He’s the flirtatious type!

Seohyun: (Hahaha! What does she mean that he is flirtatious?)

Girl 2: I think he’s the pretty type...so handsome~

Seohyun: (I can’t...walk over there. They aren’t wrong, Yonghwa is very handsome. With those looks, there isn’t a girl who wouldn’t scream excitedly)

Girl 1: But...I’m scared of him.

Seohyun: Huh?

Girl 2: I feel the same way. He’s hard to approach.

Girl 3: I can’t even speak to him because I’m afraid he won’t respond.

Girl 1: That’s right, you can look but you can’t touch, huh? For the eyes only right?

Seohyun: (Yonghwa...he’s scary? I guess he looks kind of intimidating. The look in his eyes seams mean.) A stoic face with a poisonous tongue. He’s  asleep, no rules apply. All he does is sleep...that’s my opinion. He’s not even polite to his superiors. But still, it’s not to the point where you can only look at him. He’s not a plant.

Yonghwa: Hey...what are you muttering to yourself?

Seohyun: Yong - ?! (Bumps her head on the wall)

Seohyun bumps her head on the wall since Yonghwa suddenly appeared behind her. The three girls suddenly stopped talking when they heard something.

Seohyun: Waaa! (Holds her head and had some tears on her eyes)

Yonghwa: Are you stupid? (That was a loud sound)

 Seohyun noticed that Yonghwa was about to touch her face, but avoided it.

Yonghwa: You...are you okay? Let me take a look at where you bumped your head.

Seohyun: (Steps back) No! There’s no need, I’m fine! (Lately, whenever I’m close to Yonghwa, my heart races so fast that I’m unsure of what I should do)

Yonghwa: ...be good and don’t move, let me take a look.

Seohyun: Waah! If I say I’m fine then I’m fine!

The three girls checked where the noise was coming from. They froze when they saw Yonghwa holding Seohyun’s head while she was struggling with a tear on her eye. Their position made them think that they were about to kiss making them run away. Seohyun and Yonghwa stayed in their position not knowing why they suddenly left.

Seohyun: What’s wrong with them...? (Frees herself from Yonghwa’s grasp)

When Seohyun was about to head to the S.M.E office, someone who was in a hurry suddenly bumped into her.

Seohyun: Waah!

?: Ah!

Yonghwa was able to catch Seohyun’s waist before she could have fallen off to the ground.

?: I’m sorry...Yonghwa?

Yonghwa: Taeyeon...

 

 

Seohyun: Huh? You guys know each other?

Taeyeon: Perfect timing! I’ve been looking for you all over the place! This...

Yonghwa: No.

Taeyeon: Help me out! I haven’t even said what I need!

Seohyun: ...

Yonghwa: So troublesome.

Taeyeon: What did you say...? Grr...

Yonghwa: So noisy

Seohyun: (Who is she?)

 

– Cafeteria –

Taeyeon: Pardon my late introduction. I am Kim Taeyeon from the first investigation department. Yonghwa’s “former” supervisor.

Seohyun: (That’s right...Yonghwa used to work for the first investigation department) I...I am Seo Joo Hyun, but please call me Seohyun (Bow)

Yonghwa: Okay. What do you want after bringing us here?

Taeyeon: Ahem. Yonghwa...please pretend to be my younger sister’s boyfriend.

Seohyun: Boy... (Boyfriend?)

Taeyeon: Ah. Of course it’s fake. There’s a guy the keeps chasing after my sister. I’m hoping that you can act as my sister’s boyfriend in front of this guy. That way he’ll give up on her.

Yonghwa: Why are you asking me?

Taeyeon: There’s no other choice! My sister somehow saw a photo of you. She said she wanted you to help, otherwise I wouldn’t have asked you!

Yonghwa: Hah! Sister complex. Do your job seriously!

Taeyeon: SHUT UP! YOU SHOULD BE A MAN AND DO SOME GOOD INCE IN AWHILE!

Yonghwa: What do I get in return for helping you out?

Taeyeon: (Stomps her foot on the table) Yonghwa...when you suddenly left. The first department was left with all those cases you were working on. Just who do you think cleaned up your mess? I had so many sleepless nights because you had accepted so many cases at the time!

Yonghwa: So what? It’s not like I asked you to do that.

Taeyeon: This jerk!

Seohyun: (Tugs Yonghwa’s sleeve) Yong – Yonghwa, Yonghwa. Just help her out.

Yonghwa: You...

Seohyun: It’s because, Yonghwa...if you don’t accept, it doesn’t seem like she’ll let you off lightly. Seems to me that you should hurry and agree to help her...

Yonghwa: ...sigh. I really have no luck today.

Seohyun: ...

 

– After a few days later in a park –

Taeyeon: So that’s the situation. This is my sister Hayeon.

Hayeon: Nice to meet you. I’ll be relying on you today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter