Power?

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

– Crime scene –

Policeman 1: Hey, who is that?

Policeman 2: Huh? Oh, he’s Jung Yonghwa. He used to be from this investigation group. I heard he got transferred over to S.M.E.

Policeman 1: S.M.E? S.M.E...Is that the department where troublesome people are?

Policeman 2: Even though a lot of people say that, Yonghwa is very outstanding. I remember it was because of a fight with a superior!

Policeman 1: (Wow) Really? So handsome and smart? That’s rare...

Both policemen noticed Seohyun; they couldn’t help but stare at her

Policeman 1: ...who’s that girl...? (So cute)

Policeman 2: Who knows...

Jungshin: Excuse me. We’re from S.M.E, take us to the victim

Policeman 2: Over there (Points out the victim’s body which was already covered)

Seohyun: (Pulls Yonghwa’s coat lightly) Hey, Yonghwa!

Yonghwa doesn’t look at Seohyun and heads to where the victim is.

Yonghwa: ...You’re calling me by my name?

Seohyun: Can’t I? Due to our relationship.

Yonghwa: (Raises his eyebrow, but continues walking forward) what relationship...

Seohyun: Aren’t we partners?

Jungshin notices how Seohyun is able to communicate with Yonghwa.

Jungshin: To be able to talk normally to hyung...how amazing.

Jungshin approaches the victim’s body while Seohyun is talking to Yonghwa.

Seohyun: What does S.M.E mean? Ah! I know, is it a secret code?

Yonghwa suddenly stopped when he heard her ask that question.

Yonghwa: You’re wrong... it’s because the boss is crazy about letters. (Pissed off)

 Seohyun: That person really is...a bit weird...

Yonghwa: Yeah...

Seohyun: Don’t say it like it’s really deep.

Seohyun: Now, what’s with this link of murders? I haven’t heard of this kind of murder

Yonghwa: (lights a cigarette) All the victims are women in the range of 17-25. Pretty, in fashion, died of multiple knife stabbings and loss of blood.

Yonghwa continued explain to Seohyun while heading toward where Jungshin is.

Yonghwa: There is a cigarette mark left on the dead body afterwards...according to the place of the mark, there is a possibility that it’s the same criminal.

Yonghwa crouched down to observe the surroundings of the victim. He was about to remove the cover that was hiding the body but suddenly stopped when he heard Seohyun’s voice beside him.  

Seohyun: So it is...

Yonghwa: Hey!

Seohyun: Yes?

Yonghwa: (How long is she going to follow me?) Are you going to...look at it...?

Seohyun: Look?

Yonghwa: ...You should go; this isn’t something kid should see.

Seohyun: Why? I’m working right now, doing what I’m supposed to. This has nothing to do with my age (She said with a very serious voice)

Both Yonghwa and Jungshin were surprised on what she just had said and said nothing at all.

Seohyun: (Smiles) besides, is there a rule that says kids can’t look at it? Hmph!

 Yonghwa: (Continued smoking) whatever you want!

Seohyun: Thanks (smiles)

Yonghwa removes the cover of the victim’s body

Jungshin: Stab wounds on the abdomen, cigarette marking on the face...It’s the same as the others.

Yonghwa: That’s right...

Seohyun was looking carefully at the dead body in front of her. Due to her concentration she didn’t notice that Yonghwa was observing her.

Yonghwa: (Her expression didn’t change at all...A 21 year old girl, who doesn’t flinch when she sees a dead body. Or...is that normal?)

Seohyun: Hey, in the other cases nothing was found?

Yonghwa stood up just in time before Seohyun could have noticed that he was staring at her.

Yonghwa: Right, there was no trace of anything left behind at all.

Jungshin: Which means there wasn’t even an eye witness,

Seohyun: There is!

Jungshin: Huh?

Seohyun: (Turns her head to look at Yon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter