Party

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Director Sungho’s POV:

The first time I saw him was 10 years ago. His beautiful looks surprise me, but what left the strongest impression was his eyes. Eyes that look directly at me...To this day, that image of him still remains vividly in my thoughts. At the time, he was a 14 year old youngster.

 

– Night time at the city –

Night time in the city all the men kept on glancing on a girl standing on the side wearing a beautiful black dress. All the people couldn’t help but be mesmerized in her beauty. Seohyun was standing on the side quietly waiting for her partner to arrive.

 

 

Seohyun: (Yonghwa is so slow...huh?)

Guy 1: Are you by yourself, miss?

Seohyun: (What’s with that? I thought it was Yonghwa...they’re just trying to pick me up) I’m not by myself. You guys go find someone else!

Guy 1: Ooh...such a cute voice.

Guy 2: What does it matter, the guy you’re waiting for won’t come!

Seohyun: You...you’re going too far-

Suddenly a bouquet of red roses appeared right in front of them.

 

 

Seohyun: (Roses?)

Yonghwa: Don’t block the way.

Seohyun: Yonghwa!

 

 

Yonghwa: (Stood in front of Seohyun) get lost!

The two men stood there shocked and afraid. They slowly stepped back, moving away from Seohyun.

Guy 1: Your boyfriend is here!

Guy 2: Bye bye!

Seohyun: (...never mind...)

Seohyun looks at Yonghwa.

Seohyun: (For him to show up so suddenly like that, it would be weird id two didn’t. His mesmerizing eyes, his perfect jaw line, and oh so perfect body, there’s no way those two can win.

Yonghwa: Okay, let’s go! (Starts walking)

Seohyun: Yes! (Follows Yonghwa)

 

Seohyun’s POV:

Today Yonghwa and I were invited to a birthday party.

 

Seohyun: (Notices the roses) Yonghwa, what’s with the bouquet of roses? You have a lot of courage to buy them.

Yonghwa: It was the request of today’s host! Otherwise who would buy such a sappy thing.

Seohyun: Eh?

 

– Director Sungho’s House –

This said host is this gentleman, police director Sungho.

Sungho: My, my! Welcome you two! (Smiles)

Yonghwa: Hello...

Seohyun: Hahaha, p...pardon the intrusion...

 

This all started one week ago-

 

– Flashback, S.M.E Lobby –

Sungho: Hey~ Yonghwa, Seohyun!

Seohyun: Uncle Sungho! Is there something you need?

Sungho: Here, for you two. (Hands them two envelopes)

Seohyun: What’s this? A letter?

Sungho: Actually, it’s my birthday next week. I don’t really want to celebrate this year, but I want to have dinner with family and friends. This is an invitation.

Seohyun: Is that so? That’s nice! Right, Yonghwa?!

Yonghwa: Right (If it’s just a meal)

Sungho: Oh, you two have to wear your best attire!

Yonghwa & Seohyun: (Best attire...?)

Seohyun: Eh? But wearing our best clothes for a meal...

Sungho: I look forward to your presence! (Walks away)

Seohyun: What? Wait a minute!

 

He left as soon as he finished talking. On Yonghwa’s invitation, “bring a bouquet of roses” was written...and so, we were half forced to attend the dinner gathering.

– End of Flashback –

 

Sungho: Please, come in, come in!

Seohyun: (Looks around) Uncle Sungho’s house, it’s the first time I’ve been here!

 

 

Sungho: I know! You never left the research institute. We used to always bump into each other over there.

Seohyun: Right, right!

Yonghwa: ... (Looks at Seohyun)

Sungho: Let’s go in (Opens the door to the living room)

 

 

Everyone: Welcome!

Both Yonghwa and Seohyun were surprised with the wide welcome. There were only six people there including two children.

Sungho: This is m family.

Mrs Sungho: Thank you for coming. I’m his wife. I apologize for such an unreasonable invitation.

Sungho: I often talk about you two to my family, so they all wanted to meet you.

Seohyun: Hahaha... (Playing the gatekeeper...?)

Yonghwa: ...

Sungho: Anyway...the two of you are like dolls! Before, I had always thought a kid like you would look good in formal clothes. You are very handsome, Yonghwa.

Yonghwa: ...

Seohyun: Eh...? (Before...?)

Hira: It’s true! Like a lovely doll~ (Looks at Seohyun) so white~

Sungho: She’s Hira, my second daughter. You guys helped catch the culprit who was secretly taking pictures. She goes to that school.

Hira: Nice to meet you~

Seohyun: Oh! So that’s it.

Yonghwa suddenly notices that the two children were staring at him.

Yonghwa: ...?

Sungho: Oh! They’re my eldest daughter’s children.

May: Nice to meet you (Smiles) this is Marie and Marko.

Marie & Marko: Older brother is taller that Appa and more handsome!

Seohyun was trying to control her laughter.

Seohyun: (Kids are the most honest) Yong...Yonghwa...bit a bad quote...! (Yes, the king of kids)

Yonghwa: Why are you covering your mouth while speaking?

Sungho: Come! Dinner is probably almost ready.

Everyone was chatting happily during dinner. The table was full of smiles, laughter; even Yonghwa who was quiet was enjoying himself.

 

Ever since I was small, I have never been to a family gathering. That’s why...perhaps; this is what a family gathering feels like.

 

After dinner everyone went back to the living room and Mrs. Sungho and May brought some tea that they have prepared.

Mrs. Sungho: Everyone come here, have some after dinner tea.

Yonghwa and Seohyun was about come over but was stopped when the two children grabbed Yonghwa’s legs.

Marko: Hyung, come play!

Marie: Play!

Seohyun was surprise with the children’s action and looked at Yonghwa. He too also looked at the children surprised.

May: Oh my! I’m so sorry, to a guest...Marie, come here.

Marie: (Holds on to Yonghwa’s leg) I don’t want to

Yonghwa: It’s okay, I can play with them for a while.

Yonghwa sat on the couch with the two kids playing beside him.

Hira: Eh~ It’s hard to imagine that he likes kids, how unexpected.

Seohyun: ... (Right now...Yonghwa is definitely thinking of Krystal...his little sister that was kidnapped and killed. Yonghwa really loved Krystal, that’s why he always has such a somber look in his eyes, while searching for Krystal’s killer.)

Seohyun looks at Yonghwa’s eyes while he was playing with the kids, and smiles.

Seohyun: (But this isn’t unexpected, because these gentle eyes reflect the real him. When Krystal was alive, this was definitely something you would get to see every day. It really makes you mad...otherwise Yonghwa, could enjoy a happy and peaceful lifestyle like this whenever he please-)

Seohyun suddenly notices her Sungho waving his hand telling her to come over. She approaches Sungho and follows him outs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter