My sky

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

– Grand Hotel –

Seohyun’s POV:

Good morning....I am Seohyun.

 

Seohyun: Eh...where is this? Ah, I remember (Opens the door)

Yonghwa: You’re finally up?

Changmin: Seohyun, good morning! Did you sleep well?

 

That’s right...Yonghwa and I have been guarding a prince since yesterday. So we’ve been staying in the same hotel as the prince...this is the prince Changmin.

 

Changmin: Breakfast has already been prepared.

Seohyun: Th...thank you.

 

Changmin he keeps wanting to buy a gift for me. He won’t listen, no matter how much I refuse. It makes me feel troubled but...”No matter where I go...I’m always treated like a vase....if I disappeared, no one would feel sad.” That was probably how Changmin truly feels...he just wants to find his own sky.

 

Changmin: Are you hungry? Then you should go change.

Seohyun: Okay! (It’s good that he is this spirited)

 

I don’t understand what Changmin is thinking and I feel at a loss...but I don’t think he’s a bad person...

 

– During Breakfast –

Seohyun: Then, what’s the plan for today? Where else do you want to go?

Changmin: No, I don’t plan on going anywhere today.

Seohyun: Is that okay? Aren’t you leaving tomorrow?

Changmin: It’s fine. I’ve lost interest in sightseeing. I want...to spend leisure time with you.

Seohyun: Eh...? That’s it.

Butler: Prince...

Changmin: Excuse me for a bit (Gets up)

Seohyun: (Looks at Yonghwa) what else can you do besides sightseeing?

Yonghwa: You were concerned about that?

Seohyun: He wants to spend time with me, but isn’t that boring? (What’s going on...?)

Yonghwa: Perhaps it’s just one of the prince’s spur of the moment ideas!

Seohyun: Eh is it like that? I don’t think so... (Ever since he said those things yesterday...I don’t know why, but I don’t think it’s that simple...) I don’t think it was a spur of the moment idea...and he seemed determined too...

Yonghwa was staring at Seohyun.

Seohyun: Wha...what’s wrong?

Yonghwa: Yesterday you rejected all of his advances...why is it that today you’re defending him?

Seohyun: But...but I’m not really defending him...I just feel like he is similar to me in some ways...

Yonghwa: What?

Seohyun:  Changmin said...”No matter where I go, I’m always treated like a vase.” He also said...”Within my country, I’m just like a caged bird, there just for decoration”... (He wants to leave...to fly outside the cage...but he can’t no matter what he does.) I was once like that. I could only stay within the research institute. I was had to get permission no matter what it was I was doing. (The feeling of being chained down...)

Yonghwa: (...she...)

Seohyun: I understand how Changmin feels... (That’s why; I truly desired to find my sky...) Changmin is just like how I was when I was struggling. I’m glad the opportunity to go to the police department. Everyone was opposed to it from the start, Then finally agreed after much arguing...so, that’s why...

Yonghwa: Sigh. That’s why you want to help him as much as possible?

Seohyun: Yes...that’s right...

Yonghwa: As long as it doesn’t interfere with the job, you can do whatever you want.

Seohyun: Can I really?

Yonghwa: But...

Yonghwa grabs Seohyun’s chin closer to his face, given them only a few inches apart.

Yonghwa: No matter how much you help, the prince can only rely on himself in the end. There are some things you can help him with, and there are some things you can’t cross that boundary...this principle...don’t ever forget it...

Seohyun: I... (Pulls away) I KNOW THAT! Why did you have to pull my chin?

Yonghwa: You had some crumbs on your face, so I just wiped it off for you! You should thank me.

Seohyun: STUUUUUPID! You put those crumbs there yourself!

Yonghwa: Why would I do something like that...?

 

Seohyun’s POV:

There’s actually something else, Yonghwa...if I were still at the research institute...then I wouldn’t have been able to meet you...when I think like that...there’s no way I can ignore it...

 

While Yonghwa and Seohyun were talking, Changmin was already back but when he noticed how close they were he hid.

Yonghwa: Your face is red.

Seohyun: I...It’s none of your business!

Changmin: Seohyun...can I borrow some of your time?

Seohyun: Hmm? What’s up?

Changmin: Try this on (Hands her a box)

Seohyun: Eh? Try on? (Opens the box) A hanbok? This...what is this?

Changmin: That’s right. Yesterday, didn’t you say this hanbok was very pretty? Although you refused it...I could not stop myself from buying it, and brought it here.

Seohyun: Bought it and brought it here....

Changmin: I don’t plan on leaving the hotel today, so can you put it on?

Seohyun: But...even if you say that... (How troublesome)

Changmin: I’ve already asked someone to help you put in on.

Girl: Hello I am one of the hotel employees.

Seohyun: Eh? (Did she rush here?)

Girl: Come this way please (Drags Seohyun)

Seohyun: What! Hold on....Yonghwa! Save me!

Yonghwa: ...

Changmin: Take your time...

While Seohyun was changing Changmin looked at Yonghwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter