Broken Past

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– Yonghwa’s Room –

Seohyun’s POV:

Under the moonlight, we talk with hushed voices. Looking at Yonghwa from the side, so calm and unreadable, makes me feel unsettled.

 

Yonghwa closed the door to the balcony. Seohyun stood behind him silently, while he made sure the door was closed properly. After checking on the door he walked to the sofa in his room, but was stopped when Seohyun held his hand.

Yonghwa: Are you cold?

Seohyun: No, I’m okay…

Yonghwa: Let’s sit!

They both sit on the sofa close to each other, not letting go each other’s hands.

 

 

Seohyun: Yong…Yonghwa.

Yonghwa: ?

Seohyun: Is it really okay for me to hear this?

Yonghwa: What?

Seohyun: Because… (I do really want to know about Yonghwa. But, if by doing this I am digging up his painful memories, then I...)

Yonghwa: Are you talking about… the matter of Krystal?

Seohyun: Uh…

Yonghwa:  Stupid (Messes her hair) I already said I’m going to tell you. Don’t worry!

Seohyun: Wah!

Yonghwa:  Truthfully, they aren’t pleasant memories. (Let’s go of Seohyun’s hand) I was the one who raised Krystal. She was also very attached to me. But after Krystal died, what happened that day always spirals in my mind. Obviously, there are also other countless memories. I will never forget. That autumn day 12 years ago when I was 14 and Krystal was 5.

 

– Flashback Yonghwa’s POV–

Krystal was lying on Yonghwa’s bed bored. She was hugging her teddy bear tightly, while watching her brother study on his desk.

 

 

Krystal: Oppa! I’m so bored!

Yonghwa: Krystal, I’m doing homework.

Krystal: Because, Jessica eonni and Hongki went out! I also want to go out somewhere with oppa!

Yonghwa: Sigh (Looks at Krystal) once I finish my homework, we can go somewhere. Behave a little. If you misbehave, I won’t be able to finish my homework.

Krystal: That’s no good!

 

A father who almost never comes home, busy with work and ignores his children, and a mother who went missing without our knowledge after giving birth to Krystal. That’s why at a very early age, Krystal experienced more loneliness than the average person. With whom she would act spoiled, wasn’t toward the parents who were indifferent to their kids, but to us, the siblings.

 

Yonghwa: First think of somewhere you want to go.

Krystal: Okay! (Smiles) You have to take me! (Runs outside Yonghwa’s room)

 

After that, Krystal disappeared–

 

– Living Room –

Yonghwa was sitting on the sofa quietly, while policemen were setting the video screen in front of him.

Jessica: Krystal disappeared? What does that mean?

Hongki: Jessica nuna…

 

Nuna came home with a vacant expression.

 

Police: The security camera at the front gate recorded a girl that looks like Krystal walking out by herself. (Shows Yonghwa the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter