Go back

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ever since we were small,

we always believed that we had to protect her, because we...

Were the only ones that could keep her from getting soiled by the rain and wind.

Like a beautiful bird kept locked up in its cage.

We always believed that by doing so, we were doing what was best for her.

Until that moment.

 

?: Ah – so this is Seoul? There’s nothing special about it.

?: Hyung, hurry up! What are you spacing out for? We are finally able to meet up with that brat. This is not the time for you to explore.

?: Yes.

 

– S.M.E Office –

Seohyun: Okay – okay! Yonghwa, Hurry okay? Please?

Yonghwa: What? You’re really stubborn...come over here.

Seohyun: Hurray!

Everyone in the room is dumbstruck on what was happening. Yonghwa was braiding Seohyun’s hair.

Jungshin: (Wha...hyu...hyung always keeps a straight face)

Yonghwa: Don’t move.

Seohyun: Okay.

Jungshin: (He’s willingly...braiding a girl’s hair! But I admire Seohyun~ssi even more, as she has the courage to ask him...)

Leeteuk: Grrr! That hateful Yonghwa...

Shindong: Suddenly touching Seohyun~ssi’s beautiful hair.

Eunhyuk: ...that jerk...

Leeteuk: Bu...but since we got to see such a lovely expression on Seohyun~ssi, we won’t pick a fight with you this time.

Minhyuk: We don’t even know how to braid hair. Wah~such an unfortunate fact.

Seohyun: Although I was the one that asked you, not many guys know how to braid hair. Yonghwa has skilful hands.

Yonghwa: (Fingers twitched) that is because...in the past, my younger sister would often ask me to braid her hair.

Seohyun: (What...he did this often in the past? Yonghwa he – every time he talks about his younger sister, his expression becomes warm) it’s good that...you sister, has a brother like you.

Yonghwa: (Turned his face) not really...

Seohyun: ...Yonghwa...?

The door suddenly slams open

?: Seohyun!

Seohyun: Ah?

?: I missed you!

Seohyun: Jinwoon oppa?

?: How have you been?

Seohyun: Kyuhyun oppa?! You...why are you guys in Seoul?

Jinwoon: To see you of course! (Hugs Seohyun)

Seohyun: See me?

Yonghwa looked at the two people not knowing what was happening.

Jinwoon: I am Jeong Jin Woon.

Kyuhyun: I am Cho Kyuhyun. We are Seohyun’s childhood friends.

  

 

Leeteuk: Wait a minute! How did you guys get into the police department? (How dare you to hug Seohyun~ssi)

Jinwoon: We grew up together with Seohyun and participated in the same research study.

Kyuhyun: So getting into the police department is an easy task.

Jungshin: In other words, you guys have the same abilities as Seohyun~ssi?

Jinwoon: That’s right!

Seohyun: It’s rare for you to come to Seoul. But I’m in the middle on handling a case.

Jinwoon: What are you saying? You don’t need to continue to do this kind of work.

Seohyun: What?

Jinwoon: We made a special trip to pick you up (Held Seohyun’s wrist)

Seohyun: Oppa...?

Jinwoon: I was opposed to you working with the police department at the very start.

Seohyun: Oppa!

Jinwoon: You don’t need to continue doing this kind of work. So, just go back with me today...

Seohyun: Oppa...! (Slaps his hands) I don’t want to! (Hides behind Yonghwa) I never said I wanted to go back! How can you go and decide things for me! I will definitely not go back!

Jinwoon: Seohyun!

Yonghwa: Hey – I’m not a human shield.

Seohyun: Don’t act so indifferent, you should be showing some love for your colleague!

Jinwoon: Hey mister! This has nothing to do with you. So move out of the way, okay?

Yonghwa: (Eyebrow twitched and shows a mad aura to Jinwoon) what did you say?

Jinwoon: Just what is that guy?

Kyuhyun: He seems to be Seohyun’s partner.

Jinwoon: I’m not asking about that. How can that kind of person be an officer? It’s not right no matter how you look at it.

Kyuhyun: Seohyun, you think...that police work is more important than us?

Seohyun: Umm...I...I didn’t mean it that way.

Kyuhyun: Sigh, I understand. We won’t talk about going back for now.

Jinwoon: Hyung!

Kyuhyun: But, we want to see the conditions that you work under. We can’t let you stay in a place we know nothing about. Is that okay?

Seohyun: Eh (This is bad. They’ll find out that I’ve been in dangerous situation after another, and take me back without saying another word! What – what should I do?)

Yonghwa noticed that Seohyun’s face grew pale and was worried about what Kyuhyun said.

Jinwoon: I’ll say Seohyun! How long do you plan to stick to that guy? Stay away from him!

Seohyun: (Jinwoon oppa...)

Yonghwa: Sigh (Grabs his coat)

Seohyun:  Yonghwa?

Jungshin: Hyung, where are you going?

Yonghwa: I’m going out for a bit (Exits the room)

Seohyun: Ah, Yonghwa wait a sec! (Chases after Yonghwa) I’m coming along too!

Jinwoon:  Ah – come back here Seohyun!

 

Yonghwa: Leaving those two behind probably isn’t a good idea.

Seohyun: It’s okay. They’ll catch up later. I can’t figure it out. Why are Kyuhyun oppa and Jinwoon oppa so overprotective of me? If this continues, they’ll definitely take me back. If that happens, I won’t be able to stay here.

Suddenly Yonghwa grabbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter