Husband and Wife?

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun’s POV:

The back of his white coat, the sound of his hurried footsteps getting further away...

Even if I call out, I know he won’t turn back. That’s why I will never do it again-

 

Ran: Haa~ it’s so hot today! It’s so hot I don’t feel like doing house work. It happens to be Sunday, so my husband is home.

Ai: At my house...not only my husband, but even my son refuses to leave his room.

Mihi: My home too! My daughter said it’s too hot to go out so she’s killing time at home. Oh yeah, it seems like some hew tenants moved into the apartment yesterday.

Ran: Oh my, really?

Ai: A lot of people have been moving out recently!

Mihi: I don’t know what kind of people they are~

All three women suddenly stopped talking when they saw Yonghwa and Seohyun.

 

 

Seohyun: Ah, good morning.

Mihi: You...you guys are the new tenants?

Seohyun: Ah, yes.

Ran: Can I ask...are you two-

Seohyun: Eh? Umm...we are...

Yonghwa: (Places his hand on Seohyun’s shoulder) we are the Jung’s. This is my wife, please take care of us.

All 3: Oh my!

Yonghwa and Seohyun entered the apartment.

Ai: Kyaa~ you know, that husband and wife were like dolls.

Yonghwa: Hey, you were acting suspicious! You have to reply clearly during times like this.

Seohyun: Please~ we are pretending to be husband and wife. How am I supposed to be clear about that?

 

That’s right; Yonghwa and I are currently acting as newlyweds. As for why it ended up like this, we have to go back~

 

– Flashback in S.M.E Office –

Leeteuk: Seohyun~ Yonghwa~ Can you guys~ come over for a second? (Smiles)

Yonghwa: Pretend you never saw that. Let’s go.

Seohyun: (Is this okay?)

Leeteuk: You two~ get back here! Actually there is a situation at this living complex. It started about a year ago...there is a recurring case of harassment such as someone leaving dead animals in front of the main entrance...or someone dumping waste into the mailboxes...things like that. My wife’s friend lives in that complex and I heard the many people have been moving out because of this.

Yonghwa: So...what do you want us to do?

Leeteuk: The victims of the harassment...all seem to be newlyweds...

Yonghwa: So you’re saying we have to become husband and wife?

Seohyun: What? Husband and wife?

Leeteuk: Of course it’s pretending!

Seohyun: (Oh...pretend...so that’s it)

Leeteuk: Even if it’s just an act, I still don’t want the beautiful Seohyun become the wife of someone like you...how unfortunate! Jungshin and Seohyun aren’t a good match! That kid loves his country too much.

Jungshin: Haha...is it wrong to love my country? Now I’m mad!

Leeteuk: The three assistants aren’t even worth considering!

All 3: What...?!

Leeteuk: There’s also the strict and controlling wife at home...

Yonghwa: That’s your problem!

– End of Flashback –

 

That’s why, for the sake of catching the one responsible for the harassment, we rented an apartment in the complex and are living there as newlyweds.

 

Seohyun: But, acting as newlyweds...how do you do that?

Yonghwa: First, please get those ladies from just now, who have nothing better to do, to spread the word about us.

 

– Now, outside the complex –

All 3 Girls: Mimi, come here! I have something to tell you!

They are already spreading the word.

 

Yonghwa: Then we just have to act intimate in front of everyone.

Seohyun: Eh...? In...intimate? In front of everyone?

Yonghwa: Please take care of me! MY WIFE.

Seohyun: Uh...I should be the one saying that. MY HUSBAND! (Truthfully I’m not sure I can do this)

 

– Next Day –

It was already morning and Seohyun was already ready for the day, while Yonghwa was still sleeping.

Seohyun: Yonghwa~ Time to get up~ it’s morning! Hey!

Yonghwa: Nn...zzz~

Seohyun: (Shakes Yonghwa) Hey! Yonghwa~ Hurry and wake up!

Yonghwa: (Grabs Seohyun’s arm and pulls her to his embrace) you’re so noisy...

Seohyun: (Waaah! Oh no! Darn it he won’t let me go! Ah, I got it!)

Seohyun moves close to Yonghwa and whispers something to his ear.

Seohyun: Time to wake up, Jung Yonghwa.

Yonghwa’s eyes widened and woke up immediately. Seohyun smiled and began jumping off the bed, thrilled that he woke up.

Yonghwa: What?

Seohyun: Success! It was just like what Hongki said. Just one sentence made Yonghwa wake up!

Yonghwa: (Hongki...you brat...)

 

– Flashback –

Seohyun: Hmmm....

Hongki: Eh? What’s the matter?

Seohyun: Is just that once we go back to the office Yonghwa will sleep again. It’s so hard to wake him up.

Hongki: Is that all? That’s easy, if hyung won’t wake up, just call out Jung Yonghwa and he will get up. Saying it next to his ear would give it a finishing touch!

Seohyun: Really?!

Hongki: Trust me!

– End of flashback –

 

Yonghwa: (Opens the door) I’m leaving now.

Seohyun: Take care!

 

We have just wrapped up the cases we were responsible for. That’s why we can act individually. During the day, only Yonghwa goes to the station, while I stay behind and gather information. Even though this lifestyle is only temporary, it’s a little lonely. I can’t stop myself from feeling like this...

 

Yonghwa: (Noticed Seohyun was wearing lipstick) you put lipstick on?

Seohyun: Eh? Ye...yes! If I don’t put something on, I won’t seem like a young woman. It’s not good if I can’t match you!

Yonghwa: ... (She really...)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter