Ring

S.M.E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa: ‘Talking and smiling’ equals ‘happiness.’ ‘Appearing close’ equals ‘a comfortable family?’ That’s just how it appears in the outside. In this world, there are some ‘fathers’ who ‘pretend’ to love their family, and even ‘pretend’ to love their kids. But, when their child calls for them, they don’t respond.

Seohyun: (“If I call out for him...would he respond?”)

Yonghwa: No matter how much, the child cries out... (“Does papa not like Krystal? Why? Krystal wants to be with papa!”)

Yonghwa turned to look at Seohyun, shocked on what was happening.

Yonghwa: Why are you crying?

Seohyun: Eh...? (Touches her cheek) that’s weird. Why am I crying?

 

I know that, no matter how much I call out, “that person” won’t turn back.

And yet, I still haven’t accepted it. But, I’m crying now.

 

Yonghwa: ... (Yonghwa’s eyes softened. He held her within his arms, embracing her tightly. Not wanting to see her cry)

 

Before I have met Yonghwa, who will always respond to me. This has let me experience ever more, loneliness from that person...

 

Yonghwa: Don’t cry...Seohyun.

 

Behind the bushes the three housewives were watching Yonghwa and Seohyun.

Ran: My, my they are tightly embracing each other!

Ai: Geez so daring!

Mihi: That’s how it should be.

However it was not only the three housewives that were watching. There is a shadow behind thre trees also watching their every move.

?: ...unforgivable.

 

At that time, Yonghwa was at a loss of what to do, so he just held me carefully like he was picking up broken pieces of glass.

 

– Next Day –

Yonghwa and Seohyun were both standing at the entrance of their apartment. Yonghwa was about to leave but stopped when they both saw a number of banana peels in front of there door.

Seohyun: …this is harassment?

 

From the second week on, we started receiving malicious pranks or ill meaning gifts.

 

Yonghwa already left for work so Seohyun decide to take a walk by the park near her apartment building.

Seohyun: (Hm...it’s good that the culprit has started to make his move, but....the question is, how do we catch this person? With so many banana peels...is he trying to make us slip and fall? Would anyone fall for that? Yonghwa he –)

 

– Flashback –

Yonghwa: Never mind. This way we can catch the culprit red-handed. Anyway, ignore him for the time being. If we don’t show a reaction he will make another move.

Seohyun: Okay.

Yonghwa: ....

Seohyun: Wh...what’s wrong?

Yonghwa: Nothing... (Leans forward and kiss her forehead) I’ll come home early today.

Seohyun: Okay... (So...he was just acting? I’m still not used to it!)

– End of flashback –

 

Seohyun: (Yonghwa didn’t bring up what happened yesterday. After I stopped crying, he still –)

 

 – Flashback –

Yonghwa: Seohyun...just now, I only said that there are some fathers like that in this world.

Seohyun: I know.

– End of flashback –

 

Seohyun: (Yonghwa then let out a heavy sigh, and said nothing, quietly embracing me for some time. I...always act like a spoiled child towards Yonghwa...I also feel as if Yonghwa especially dote on me... Why would that be?)

Due to her deep though Seohyun didn’t notice someone was walking in front of her. Bumping into the person and making him drop his bag and glasses.

Seohyun: I’m sorry! (I wasn’t looking ahead)

Man: It’s okay. It was my fault... (Bows and leaves)

Seohyun: (Is that person a resident here?)

 

– S.M.E Office –

Yonghwa is organizing some papers until his phone rang.

Yonghwa: Hello.

Jessica: Yonghwa? It’s Jessica.

Yonghwa: Nuna.

Jessica: I’ve prepared the thing you wanted.

Yonghwa: So fast.

Jessica: You were the one that called me this morning saying it was ‘urgent!’

Yonghwa: That’s right. Thank you.

Jessica: ...you!

Yonghwa: I’ll be there soon.

Jessica: Okay...but, what do you want something like this for?

Yonghwa: For work!

Jessica: Really?

Yonghwa: If it was something I wanted, I would have gotten it myself. That kind of thing.

Jessica: Right...that fits your personality. Alright, I’ll wait for you to come over.

Yonghwa: Hold on, nuna.

Jessica: What?

Yonghwa: Tell Hongki to ‘thicken his skin a little.’

Jessica: What?

Yonghwa: Bye bye (Hangs up the phone and hands the papers to Jungshin) done.

Jungshin: Thanks for the hard work.

Yonghwa: So that’s it. (Grabs his coat) I’m leaving early.

Leeteuk: What’s that? Stop right there! Get back here, Yonghwa!

 

– Outside the apartment building –

3 Girls: A man in his 30’s wearing glasses?

Ran: Ah, that...

Ai: The one you’re talking about, it’s probably Matt~ssi!

Mihi: Right, it’s probably him.

Seohyun: Matt~ssi?

Ran: He lives in apartment C on the third floor.

Ai: He works at some company. It seems like he just returned from a business trip.

Mihi: That man, he also seems to have a sad past.

Ran: That’s right, that’s right!

Seohyun: Sad past?

Ai: It was about two years ago? At the time Matt~ssi even had a family. But, one day his wife suddenly walked out on him.

Seohyun: What? Walked out?

Ran: No one knows why she decided to leave.

Ai: That’s right.

Mihi: Eh?

Mihi suddenly noticed that Seohyun didn’t have a wedding ring on her finger.

Mihi: Seohyun, you’re not wearing a ring?

Seohyun: What? R...ring?

Mihi: That’s right, a wedding ring.

Seohyun: (Oh no, I never thought about wearing such a thing! How should I respond....)

Yonghwa: Hey Seohyun!

Seohyun: Waah! Wh...what are you doing here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter