Chapter 89

A Twist In My Story

Yoona made breakfast for her co-actors and co-actresses in the musical. She made the cupcakes whole-heartedly because of someone too. It was Kyuhyun.

She doesn’t understand why the guy left her and broke her heart.

Yes, she was Kyuhyun’s ex-girlfriend.

But the guy started to grow out of love with her when rumors started to spread; that she was dating Taecyeon from 2PM. She admitted to her boyfriend that half of it was true but the other was plainly rumors when one day he caught them together.

Since then, whenever Kyuhyun was dating another girl she’s always on the way to mess up things. It was quite easy for her to do it not until Kaori came to his life.

FLASHBACK

Yoong told Kyuhyun what she knows about Kaori.

“The only way to protect your girl is to split up with her. Or otherwise, in just a snap; I’ll make world turn upside down.”

She saw how bad Kyuhyun felt that minute. Deep down inside of her was hurting too. She thought to herself that she needs to be this wicked just to get Kyuhyun’s heart. She knows it’s not the right way but she doesn’t know what else to do other than that.

Trying to be brave and act evil, she used Kaori’s situation but for her it was so heart-breaking since she learned to love the girl like her own sister.

She lowered on her knees the moment Kyuhyun left her inside the room. She let out the tears that wanted to come out since the beginning. She was crying her heart out. She already accepted the fact that Kyuhyun would only despise her in return.

END OF FLASHBACK

“I made cupcakes for you guys.” She announced to everyone and looked at Kyuhyun’s direction.

He didn’t take his share and searched something from his bag instead.

Yoona came with a box in her hands. “Oppa, I made this for you.”

Kyuhyun looked around and then back at Yoona when he saw no one’s looking. “I don’t eat junks.”

Her head lowered in both shame and anguish.

 

▣▣▣▣ Kaori's POV ▣▣▣▣

I still don’t see him around the dorm and I badly wanted to talk to him. I came to see his musical bringing a little bit of courage in my heart.

“Can we talk?” I asked him.

“I’m busy.” It was his answer.

“Please?”

Hold it Kaori, don’t cry.

He holds my wrist and bowed at others to excuse ourselves then he brought me to an empty room. He locked the door and hugged me tightly. A smile was starting to form in my face.

He pulled back and looked away while saying. “Let’s break up.”

It wasn’t I expected him to say.

“Did I do something wrong to make you say that?”

He remained in silence.

“I don’t want to. I won’t easily give you up.” I said sobbing.

He cupped my face and plant a kiss on my lips.

His actions are far from what he says.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Go now.” He seriously ordered me.

“Did something happen?”

He shook his head and sighed. “I don’t love you anymore.”

A tear rolled down my cheeks as I feel my heart breaking into pieces.

I shook my head. “I don’t…I don’t believe you.”

“Aniyo, it’s true. I’m sorry.” He lowered his head more.

I ran out of the room trying to hide my face from others by wearing shades and I even lifted my hands to cover me. I hopped in my car and quickly locked the doors and scratch my tires away.

This isn’t happening.

This can’t be happening.

I keep on trying to convince myself that I was just dreaming. I have a feeling that Yoona was the reason behind it. Then my phone rings suddenly. Kyuhyun was calling. I was hesitating to answer it but more than half of me says; ‘BEG HIM TO STAY’.

I answered his call but I didn’t talk.

“Please don’t let anyone know about this. Even your unnie’s.”

After I heard what he wanted to say I turned my phone off and parked in the side. The streets were getting blurry even if the streets were full of lights.

How could you say those things to me?

DAYS PASSED

I didn’t stop sending him messages. I want him to know that I’m still hoping that we could fix it. One day I talked to Lee So Man to give us a special performance, me and Kyuhyun. Thankfully, he didn’t think twice and added it to SM Town in Seoul.

Our performance came and I was fixing my hair when the floor director called me.

“Kaori-shi, your stage with Kyuhyun is next so please come out.”

I nodded with wide smiles. SHINee’s performance ended. I stepped on the stage with Kyuhyun, I reached for his hands.

“Remember what the ahjussi told us?” I asked him.

I heard loud cheers all over the place but it’s impossible that he can’t hear me.

“For a minute, just hold my hands please. Let me know that you still love me.”

The song started, it hasn’t been a minute when I felt he’s slowly pulling his hands away. I held on it tight. But he slowly forced to pull his hands away, in the end, I let him go. I walked on the other side of the stage and acted as if it was nothing until the song ended.

I walked down the stairs without looking back at him and sat on the corner.

“Are you crying?” I didn’t notice Sooyoung sat beside me.

I looked away. “No I’m not.” I saw Kyuhyun looking at me from far away.

I ignored him and stood straight. I walked out to my car without telling anyone where I was going. Thankfully, SBG’s performance was in the beginning.

===
Before I was using my free time playing around with him but now I am more focused on composing. My trash bin was already full of crumpled papers.

“Aisshhh!!” I crumpled another one threw it.

Ryeowook oppa was beside me. “You’re wasting all those papers.” He pouted and picked the paper.

“I can’t think straight.” I said.

“Papers can really help me whenever I’m sad or even happy. I wrote everything I feel, that’s how I make songs.” He said smiling brightly at me.

I can’t understand what he was saying so I just forced a smile. “Aren’t you hungry oppa?”

He turns his chair. “Let’s buy ice cream.”

We went to SM first before buying an ice cream. I walked around the place looking for someone then I heard someone playing violin. I quietly entered the room.

“WOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!” I clapped so hard after Henry played.

He turned to face me and chuckled. “I thought you’re some crazy trainees here.”

“Are you done practicing?” I asked.

He nodded. “Are you going somewhere?”

I smiled cheekily. “Wookie oppa and I have a date.”

“Who’s stupid going to believe you?” He walks closer.

“YOU.” I said and laughed again.

“HEHE!” He poked my forehead.

“Come with us.” I invited him.

“Mm, just wait for me in the lobby.” He said.

I nodded and walked out looking for Ryeowook oppa. I found him waiting for me in the lobby.

“Can I ask you something?” He spoke.

“Mmm, one question is equivalent to one scoop of ice cream.”

“Psh, jinjja, I’m serious. Can I ask you some confidential question?”

“Yeh, 1 scoop.”

He twisted his lips. “Do you know who Aki likes?”

I chuckled with a meaningful smile. “2 scoops, I KNOW.”

“Do you know who the guy is?”

I puffed my cheeks. “3 scoops, I can’t tell you.”

“YAH! Just tell me where he’s working. Is he from the same company?”

“4 scoops, I think so.”

“What’s his name?”

“5 scoops, he’s not using his real name.”

“MWOYAHHHH!!! There’s a lot in the company that doesn’t use their name.”

I giggled then I saw Henry coming. “Oh, he’s here.”

We bumped to DBSK seniors when we’re about to hop in the car.

“Do you want to come with us?” I asked the guys.

“Where are you going?” Cold Yunho asked me back.

“Wookie oppa wanted to treat us.” I was trying not to laugh.

“Eh? When did I say that?” Wookie’s eyes widened.

I winked at Wookie and pulled Changmin and Yunho oppa’s arms. “Kaja?”

They chuckled and nodded. “Free dinner was the best dinner!” Henry said.

We went to a restaurant and let the guys order for dinner. I was beside Changmin and Henry on the other side. The food was served after a few minutes of waiting.

“WAIT WAIT WAIT!” Changmin stopped us.

“WAE?” I’m getting impatient to eat the noodles.

“Let’s take a selca with all of it.”

We all leaned over the table and tried to fit on the screen of his cam. “Let’s do a wacky pose.”

“Oppa with our face, it’s already the standard.” I said that made them laugh.

“How’s the most love couple in Korea?” Max suddenly asked me.

I sipped on my drinks. “We’re fine.” I lied.

“Going stronger eh?” He asked again.

I showed him my eye smile and nodded. “Yes.”

“What if you don’t have a boyfriend now?”

“Huh?” I leaned a bit.

“I’ll give names then you choose between them.” Kyuhyun’s mom favorite adjusted his sit.

Henry scratched his head. “EHERM! I’ll be on top so no need to ask her.”

I chuckled and knocked his head. “PABO!”

“Let me start…TOP or GD?”

“OR”

They all laughed on my answer. “Nice one!” Wookie oppa commented.

“You still need to choose.”

“GD” I said finally.

“Whoooaahh!” The guys made an O in their mouths.

“GD or Bi?”

I giggled. “I don’t really like muscular guys.”

Yunho suddenly looked at me with ‘Are you nuts? I am one and I am hot’

“Okay, ONEW or TAEMIN?” Changminshi asked again.

“Onew.”

“Henry or Onew?”

I glance on my best friend. He looked so nervous. “Henry.” I softly said.

“WaAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!” They all exclaimed. Henry even punched the air.

I started laughing.

“Henry or Ryeowook?”

“Ahhh jinjja!” Wookie oppa covered his ears while Henry proudly looked at me.

I stick my tongue out to Henry.

“It’s Wookie.” Yunho excitedly said.

“Wookie or me?”

I know that Kyuhyun told him that I was his fan. I pointed him.

“YESSSEUUU!! Me or Jaejoong?”

I fanned myself. “Jae oppa.”

“HAHAHAHHA! Are you that confident to beat him?” Yunho teased his maknae.

“Jaejoong or Key?”

“I’m tired.” I answered.

“Eyyyy that’s not fun. JAEJOONG OR KEY?” He asked once more with so much energy.

“Oppa you sounded like you’re hosting a show.” I commented.

He smiled and shook his head. “Don’t change the topic. JAEJOONG OR KEY?”

“Jae oppa.”

“Last Jaejoong or Kyuhyun?”

My smiled faded. “Kyuhyun.”

“BOYFRIEND WINS!” He cheered.

I smiled awkwardly and sent Kyuhyun a message asking where was he.

Kyuhyun: I’m busy.

I sighed and keep my phone inside my bag. My head turned automatically when I saw a familiar group of people.

 

▣▣▣▣ Kyuhyun's POV ▣▣▣▣

The moment I stepped inside the restaurant I already saw her sitting in the corner beside Changmin. They waved and greeted me so I had no choice but to sit with them for a while. I felt eyes looking at me, Yoona’s and Kaori’s.

“Are you going to celebrate something?” Wookie asked me.

I nodded and sit beside him across Kaori.

“Oppa, you’re putting too much food on my plate.” She pouted like she was protesting to Changmin.

“You should eat it all; you said I made you tired.” My best friend in SM told her.

My brow rose. “Why?”

“It’s nothing; we’re just playing awhile ago.”

I nodded and acted to stand up.

“Aren’t you staying with us?” Kaori asked me.

I shook my head. “I can’t leave them, just enjoy the night.” I said and bowed a bit and left the group.

I sat beside Yoona purposely so I could see Kaori from my place. She was too happy fooling around with them.

God knows how much I wanted to stay on that table with Kaori. Eat dinner with her just like Changmin and Henry. I stopped eating when I saw her feed Changmin.

Is she okay now? I asked myself.

My eyes followed them when they walked out of the restaurant. Changmin even waved at me from afar. I wanted to follow them. I was missing her so bad so I sent my hyung a message.

Kyuhyun: Are you with Kaori?”

Ryeowook: No, she’s with Changmin.

I was hurt and mad at the same time. Does it mean that Kaori was really trying to forget me? Is it that easy for her to just forget me and date another man?

===

▣▣▣▣ Kaori's POV ▣▣▣▣

I got a message from Kyuhyun yesterday, asking me to come and have dinner with him. He sent me the address of the restaurant. Just the thought of seeing him from afar can make me happy what more if he invited me to have dinner with him.

It gave me hope. One day everything would be back to what it used to be. I prepared so much for this day and wear my most expensive jewelries.

I came a little later on our call time; the clock says 7pm when I arrived and he’s not yet there so I asked him where he was.

Kyuhyun: Wait for me there.

I felt relieved when he replied but two hours have passed and he’s still not yet coming.

One of the waitresses came to me. “Miss, I’m sorry but we’re closing at 9pm.” She apologetically told me.

I smiled at her and nodded. “It’s okay.”

I walked out of the restaurant while it was still raining and my foot led me to the bus stop. A lot of people recognized me but I don’t really care at all. I just let the rained soaked me.

How could you?

I wanted to scold him. A car stopped in front of me.

“Kaori-shi, what are you doing here?”

I looked up and see Siwon oppa. He worriedly looked at me and took his jacket off and covered me. I was just staring at him blankly.

“Where’s Kyuhyun?”

I didn’t answer.

“Are you alright?”

I looked at him.

He sighed. “Aish, you’ll catch a cold if you stayed like that.”

I looked out of the window.

“I’ll drive you back in the dorm and take some rest will you?”

I remained silent.

“I’m with Kaorishi, where are you?” He sounded like talking to someone. “Yes, we’re on our way.”

Siwon oppa left me in the dorm; no one was there but me. I changed my clothes and climbed up to the practice room and start to dance to different songs.

I don’t want to believe that these things were happening to us as much as I don’t want to feel the pain inside my heart.

After a few songs, I heard cars coming. The door in the practice room flew open. There’s a mirror across the wall so I know who it was without looking at it.

“I’m sorry.” I heard Kyuhyun apologized.

I didn’t pay attention to what he was saying.

“Let me explain, please.” He said in a low voice.

“I DON’T CARE E E E E E I DON’T CARE E E E ERR!” I sing along with the song.

He turned the music off. “Please Kaori.” He came close to me and gold my hands.

“Get your hands off me.”I softly said and sat at the couch.

He lowered his knees in front of me. “Let’s talk please.”

“I’m not mad at you…” I started. “…I just hate myself.”

“I really am sorry Kaori…”

“I tried everything to forget you…about us. I’m trying my best not to love you, but I can’t.”

“Kaori…”

“Even if you hurt me for so many times…I still love you that much. That’s why I hate myself.”

“I’m so sorry Kaori.” I saw tears starting to form in his eyes.

“Don’t say that; please don’t make me hate you too.” I started crying.

He helped me wiped my tears and pecked my forehead, I hold on to his wrists.

“Don’t leave me please…”

“I’m sorry Kaori, please bear it for a while.” He’s just whispering.

I pulled away from his hug and got up from my toes, I started walking and I felt him stopped me by giving me a back hug. “Stop playing with my heart.”