Forgiving an enemy

A Twist In My Story

☻☻☻☻ Yoona’s POV ☻☻☻☻

I bit my thumb impatiently waiting for Kaori’s reply on my message.

Please respond on my message. I was praying inside my head.

I was so decided to kiss and make up with her. My phone suddenly beeps. Finally, she replied on my message.

Kaori: Yeh, happy chuseok unnie ^^Stay safe kkk

She texted me using Hangul made me smile. Knowing that she came from a foreign country, how she talked and wrote in Korean was pretty impressive.

Once again, my heart was filled in doubts if I should still reply on her message at the same thinking on what should I tell her.

There’s really nothing for us to talk about so I just decided to open the CF that we’re going to make together.

Kaori: Really? I don’t know anything about that yet. Kkk mianhe

I chuckled and shook my head. Yeah right, we don’t usually know our schedule until the next months.

Yoona: Yes, our manager oppa told me earlier.

Kaori: Unnie, mianhe, but to be honest with you I find it strange talking to you right now. ^^v

Yoona: I thought about this for some time too, maybe it’s not impossible for us to be friends or even have that junior-senior relationship.

Kaori: Don’t make me cry unnie :’) Why don’t we just eat out one day?

I didn’t notice that I was already smiling.

Yoona: Sure! Just tell me when you’re not busy.

Kaori: You’re a lot busier than me so just tell me when you are free kkk

Yoona: I’ll be free the day after tomorrow. :)

Kaori: Arasseo unnie. See you ^^

Yoona: I’ll text you the place and time J

 

☻☻☻☻ Kaori’s POV ☻☻☻☻

Forgiving an enemy was the most desirable thing you can do in life. HAHA Kidding! But I got extremely excited when she sent me a message. Holding grudges to a person will do us no good besides I’ve wanted to perform on stage with SM Family without that overflowing worries and awkwardness whenever we bumped into each other at the stage or even inside the dressing room.

“Yoona-shi is not that bad but...I don’t really think that it’s a good idea to just go with her.” Henry told me when we’re alone.

I chuckled with a smirk. “She’s not that bad after all. She lowered her pride and asked to be friends with me; that’s what matters most.”

“You know what she did to you before. I’m just afraid that it might happen again.” He told me.

“Don’t worry, this time I can feel that she’s sincere.”

He shrugged. “Yoona-shi is a nice person but her will to get what she wants was frightens me.”

“People can change too.” I said smiling a bit and pressed Henry’s shoulder.

I went back inside their dorm and sat at the couch beside DongHae oppa. I glance on him.

“Oppa are you sick?” I asked.

He shook his head. “Aniyo.”

“You look tired.”

He just chuckled a bit and ruffled my hair. “Come on, I’ll give you a lift.”

“Ehh??” I widened my eyes and looked at Pau. “Aniyo, Kyuhyun oppa will drive for me.”

“I said that?” Slow Kyuhyun asked me.

“You have to even if you don’t tell me.” I said; lips a bit twisted.

 He rubbed his nape. “Oh yeh, I’ll drive her back to their dorm.”

I rode on Kyuhyun’s. He went on a different way and parked in front of Hangang River.

My eyes blinked. “Why are we here?”

He looked at me and sighed. “Are you serious about Yoona?”

I nodded. “Is there any problem with that?”

He bit his lower lip.

“I know how close you guys are, I mean the whole SM Family before I came in. “

He nodded. “Yes, that’s right.”

“Then what’s wrong being friends with her?”

He let out a sigh again and fully faced me. “Yoona isn’t that wicked like what others thought. She’s actually really nice. What she did to you before…”

“Like what I told Henry, people can change too.”

He smiled a bit. “She may be misunderstood something between us so she did what she did.” He said nodding.

I bobbed my head telling him that I understand. “I won’t ask you about that misunderstanding, let’s just please forget what happened before.”

He started the engine with a smile.

 

HANILKWAN

We’re both sipping on our drinks for about a minute now. The place was filled with deafening silence and awkwardness. It’s different when you talk over the phone and in person.

She finally took the menu list. “What do you want to eat?”

I leaned over. “I heard this place was owned by Yoochun oppa?”

She chuckled. “Oppa’s grandmother actually.”

“Really?” I looked back on the list. “Can we have everything?”

She started laughing. “Now I know why LSM doesn’t want you to come out in variety shows.”

I puffed my cheeks. “I’m good with variety shows!” I protested.

“Yeh, just don’t eat in any shows.” She told me and laughed again.

We both decided to just order the restaurant’s specialty. The whole place becomes silent again when we started eating. Hehe

She put her chopsticks down and drank her rice wine. “Ah, I’m full.”

I’ll just eat again when I got home. I said inside my head.

“I am too.” I lied and sipped on my juice.

“Mmm, why don’t we go somewhere?”

“Where?” I asked with wide eyes.

“Let’s go shopping!”

“I like that!!!” I hurriedly lifted my hands and asked for receipt.

She quickly took her wallet out and paid for the food. “Let me.”

“We should share.”

“A senior should be treating her junior’s well.”

I giggled. “Kamsahamnidda!”

“By the way, you sounded like a real Korean.”

“I do? I studied Hangul honestly, it was a two year course but I took it for five years.” I laughed hard with my confession.

“Ah jinjja?” She started laughing too. “You talk live a native now.”

“Kamsahamnidda!” I bowed lightly.

We both drove on our own car to the Garuso-gil in Gangnam. We walked around the street and went in different shops buying things we need or we liked. The sun slowly turned to night as we keep on walking and talking about non-sense things. Then she saw the Geek Shop, she dragged me inside happily.

“Let’s look for something here.”

I went to the guys section and search for something I can buy for Kyuhyun. She followed me.

“Are you buying for oppa?”

I smiled. “Ahm, yeh.”

I was looking for jeans silently examining the designs and all. She was starting to help me.

“Oppa is not picky.” She suddenly said.

I nodded. “Ah, yeh, he liked it as long as it’s a gift.”

She kept on searching too.

I took one skinny jeans. “Unnie, what do you think?” I showed her what I got.

“Mm, oppa doesn’t wear skinny jeans.”

“Oh geurae.” I nodded and looked for another one.

I took other jeans. “What about this one?”

“Mmmmm, that’s a bit tacky. He would like straight cut jeans instead of that.” She smiled at me and showed me straight-cut jeans.

I inhaled. She knows Kyuhyun than I do. That’s how I felt that moment. I formed a smile and reach it.

“I guess this would be fine, kaja.” I said and paid for it.

After our tiresome shopping in the street our feet brought us to Coffee Kitchen.

“I’m grateful because I have 8 sisters, with that I regain energy and force myself to do well.” She told me when we started talking about work. “By the way, why did you give up on being a leader?”

“It’s hard to live with new people, honestly.” I said. “Since I’m second to the youngest, unnie’s don’t listen to me sometimes ‘cause their telling me that I should listen to them too. It’s really hard to lead unique people. Since five from our group came from different country we don’t know everything about Korean culture. I got scolded most of the time.” I chuckled.

She smiled a bit.

“What about in SNSD?”

“Mm, I don’t know about how Taeyeon feels as the leader but I guess I understand her. I’ll just try not to be a brat.” She said that made us both giggle.

I sipped on my coffee when talked again.

“I am the one who have the most fans but I’m the one with the most haters too.” She cupped her face on the table and exhaled.

I looked at her. “Why?”

“I got compared with the other members like ‘everyone in the group sings better than me’, ‘Yuri was ier than me’ but why Yoona was always in the middle and…” She didn’t finish and just nodded. “…something like that.”

“I sometimes get comments like that too. Some fans take things too much but who cares? We can’t force everyone to like us; that was the irony of life.” I shook my head.

“Why do we talk like were drunk?” We both burst into laughter.