Truth Unveils

A Twist In My Story

 

☻☻☻☻Kyuhyun’s POV☻☻☻☻

I was examining Kaori’s little world.

 

It has old photos, baby pictures of her then a portrait caught my eyes. She’s with other kids. I know the two kids on it aside from Kaori herself, there are 4 persons on it. The girl who was the tallest and look like an American-European was her older sister, the second tallest was a Chinese looking dude, he has some features that looked exactly the same as Kaori, the dimples, milky white skin, small brown eyes, heart shaped face and hair colour. Then the second smallest was Kaori’s brother. I know how they look like because I already saw Kaori’s family in pictures.

 

Who’s that Chinese looking kid?

 

I wonder in my mind.

 

“Mmm?” I felt Siwon tapped me then he stared at the picture that I was looking at.

“Kaori, who are these kids?” Siwon asked.

She came near the picture frames and points the little girl. “That’s me”

“You’re pretty even you’re still a kid.” Aki praised her.

“Thanks, then this is my older sister and older brother.” She points the Chinese guy. “Maybe he was our cousin.”

“Come on, let’s finish drinking, I’m so tired.” Heechul complained.

They all went out leaving me inside the room. I start eyeing each portrait.

Kaori seemed so happy in these photos.

I noticed her bright smile.

Then a photo album caught my eyes I took it and read the cover. “Perez Family.”

It must be their family name.

 

As I open the album, I saw the not too burned photos but it was obviously recovered from a fire or something and the second thing I knew that I always find the Chinese looking kid in every shot of their family picture. Then I saw how happy and close their family was before, Kaori’s dad was carrying her at his back, her mom hugging her children’s and the Chinese kid and some of it was her photo playing along with the Chinese kid.

 

Why is he always present at their family photos? She seemed really close to her father in these pictures, but why it changed?

 

“HEY MAKNAE!! Let’s go!!” Leeteuk hyung called me.

◘◘◘◘

We sleep too late last night; I think it’s around 4am or earlier. I look all over the room and found Heechul hyung still in his peaceful and deep sleep while Zhou Mi is not around.

I glance on the clock, it says 11am. I took a shower, brush my teeth and change my clothes. I walk towards the glass door to the balcony, open it to watch the clear sky and smell some fresh air.

Inhales, “Refreshing!” I said to myself.

“Kyuhyun oppa!!!” I heard someone called me.

I look down and found my dongsaeng’s at the ground with my hyung’s and Henry. They were all wearing a suit for swimming. It’s December but here we are taking vacation on winter. HAHAH! CRAZY!!

“Wait for me there!” I shouted back.

“Where are you going?” I heard Hee’s voice.

“Oh hyung, you’re awake. I’ll just enjoy my vacation.”

“Wait for me.” Hee hurriedly change his clothes into a swimming shorts and shirt.

◘◘◘◘

My hyungs wear shirts and summer shorts while the girls wearing a pair of swim suits, showing off their figures and skin. Kaori and Aki was the only unique, Kaori is wearing a yellow short shorts and star designed jacket, it was zipped to cover her tummy but her bumps are revealed. The crews in Montgomery were really friendly and attentive for asking our every need, preparing the biggest cottage for us and start fixing our lunch on the table. I just wonder…is this crew for real or it was because Kaori is with us and she’s their boss. They even set up a Videoke machine at the right side of the cottage.

“This is great!” Hee comments on the food.

“Yes, delicious.” I agreed.

“That’s a Filipino food.” Pau informed us all.

“AAHhhhh!” Everyone was nodding.

“What you call this one?” I asked pointing out the viand from crystal plate.

“Adobo.” Pauline answered.

I shook my head. I just got curious, it really tastes good! ^^

 

 

 

☻☻☻☻ Kaori’s POV ☻☻☻☻

I asked some crews to make us Filipino foods. I miss it SOOOO MUCHH!! YEAH really. And to my surprise everyone loved the food especially Shindong…kekeke!

“Oi, cry baby, Teeny, why don’t you cook this foods at the dorm?” Chullie told us.

“Okay, we will.” Pau answered.

I just smiled. So if yah all notice, I’m not replying to any comments and questions from the boys and in our group. ARE YOU NUMB? I’M BUSY!  BUSY EATING MY LUSCIOUS FOOD!! WHAHAHAH!

“YAH Kaori shi, that’s your 3rd plate.” Wookie told me.

I shook my head. “How could you say that? This is only mah second!”

They all chuckled.

“You’ll grow big like Shindong!” Heechul knocked my head.

“What’s the use of slimming tea’s and pills and doing exercise and balance diet?” I laugh out loud.

“TSK,TSK! MONSTER!” Yesungie mocked me.

“HEHE.” JI just gave him a grin

After we eat, oppa’s with my unni’s play beach volleyball. My tummy becomes BIG, that’s why I’m wearing a jacket, whahaha!

“Kaori, let’s practice singing.” Pau called me.

“Okay.” I simply answered.

“Can I join you guys?” Mika appeared.

“Do you know the song Emotions?” I asked the two.

They both nod.

“You’ll be the lead.” Pauline points me.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

♫Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah oohh yeah 

 

It's over and done
But the heartache lives on inside
And who's the one you're clinging to
Instead of me tonight?

I started the first verse.

♫And where are you now? ♫

Mika and Pau sang in unison. I was singing the first lines and Pauline will be on the second verse while Mika is on Chorus and back up, I blend my voice with Mika’s sweet smoothing voice. I know that they will give me the bridge part or the hardest part of the song.

 

When the song ended we saw some guest surrounding our cottage.

 

“MORE…MORE!!!” They all cheered.

I removed my shades to give thanks and respect to others.

“OH MY, She’s the resorts owner.”

 

Someone shouted from the guests, I smiled at them and bow. I played Brown Eyes and sing to it. As I play more songs as many guests came to watch us, even our own group stopped from playing and listen to our trio.

We end up with standing out praises from the guests; I didn’t notice curly head went out the resort for being busy practicing our singing.

 

☻☻☻☻ Kyuhyun’s POV ☻☻☻☻

These three girls attracted people with their singing well I can’t blame those people; they are great singers plus the fact that they have good looks and all. Their appearance on stage was really powerful. The moment they stepped on top there’s never an incident that they won’t get that outstanding praises from their audience. It’s powerful; their spirits, their voice, their charisma on stage everything about them. It’s not that I’m boasting them because I like the girl, Kaori. It just so happen that SM made a real, not just looks but gifted girl group.

If I don’t know them maybe I’ll stop from what I supposed to do and just listen to their singing. Kaori and was really great in different ways in terms of singing.

My baby Kaokao was like…who’s that girl from when you believe again??

Ohhh…Whitney Houston! Haha! Kaori’s voice was powerful and husky and it will send goose bumps all over your body including your head.  HEEHEE!! :D

Well for me, Pauline was the best vocals of Sapphire Blue Girls, she has that shrill voice that will make you shiver and in an angelic way. How’s that? Have you ever feel the same way I do? She’s like a Dolphin when she sings, like Mariah Carey? But Mariah was better.

While the queen of aegyo Mika is the best in moderating her voice for the song. She’s good in blending, she manage to maintain her smooth alto voice with the two sopranos’. 

That song was perfect! I won’t be surprised if one day SM would make a sub group of SBG or maybe make another group out of the girls to debut as balladeers. Or pair them with K.R.Y.

I noticed my hyung’s and dongsaeng’s stopped from playing volleyball, walk back in and listen to the girl’s magnificent trio. Even the crews shunt their eyes and ears to them and stopped from working for a while.

Within the time that I was staring at Kaori, the ahjussi cross my mind.

 

I need to find him now.

 

“Sungmin-hyung, I’ll be back.” I said and walk back to our room to change my clothes get some money and my phone.

I ride a cab going to RH Villa. It’s not that hard to look for him since it was the only ice cream stall inside it.

“Excuse me, do you still remember me?” I asked removing my sunglass.

He nodded. “Where’s Kaori?”

“At the resort, uhh…Mr. can I talk to you for a while?”

“Sure.” He answered without hesitation.

He closes his stall and we went to the nearest coffee shop.

“What about?” The old man asked me.

“Mmm…you said you saved Kaori right?”

He shook his head. “I think I know what you’re curious about.”

I sighed. “Well, I just wanna ask why their house was burnt and does she have any brothers or sisters?”

Exhales and fix his eyeglasses. “Who are you?” he asked me instead.

“I’m Kaori’s real boyfriend, the one you think was her best friend Henry.” I explained making white lies.

He frowned as a sign that he doesn’t want to believe what I’m saying. I pulled my wallet and show him our picture, Stuffy, Kaori and I. The night of our first date, still remember?

“How can I be sure that you won’t tell anyone about this?”

“I’m a Christian. That’s all I can make sure of.”

“Okay…first, Mr. & Mrs. Perez have 4 children’s and Kaori as the youngest. They actually lived here; they migrated in Philippines because of tragic incident.”

“4?” I want to make sure.

He nodded. “She was around 4 or 5 that time; my children’s were always playing with Kaori and her oldest brother Jino. He’s 4 years older than Kaori, it was winter, just like now, December 18 - Kaori’s real birthday. Her Mom, Dad and two siblings, Jamaica and Andrew went out to attend a business party. It’s our baby’s birthday so my children’s and Jino gave her a cake. You know kids, they won’t be contented for a simple present without the presence of her family on their birthday.”

I listen to Kaori’s godfather as he tells the story behind Kaori’s past years.

“She got mad and throw the cake away from her, “I want my Mom and Dad” she cried. Then they didn’t notice the candle went to the curtains that causes the fire.”

He sighed and stare at the sky as he reminisced the past.

“As kids they all panic and become hysterical how to put off the fire. Jino and my son got the same age while my daughter was 4 years older than them. Jino scolded his lttle sister Kaori, it made her cry harder and lock herself in her room.

 

☻☻☻☻ Godfather’s POV ☻☻☻☻

FLASHBACK

“Dad…dad…dad!!!” my daughter was rushing calling out my name.

“What’s wrong?” I worriedly asked.”

“FIRE!!! It’s burning!!!” she screamed, pointing where it is.

We hurried to the place until I saw the house of my friend was burning.

“Dad…Eric, Jino and Kim was still there!!!”

I got nervous, my son was there! The people around the resort started to become aware too. Then I saw my son Eric walks out from the front door coughing and crying. I came to hug him.

“Where’s Jino and Kim?” I asked.

Cough, cough. “Jino was trying to get the keys in Kim’s room, she locked the door dad!!” my little boy was sobbing.

I look up, the fire started to eat the house voraciously. I heard screams from the people who surrounds us, my children were crying in grief trying their might to call out for their friends name thinking they would popped out from the burning house.

Crews in the resort already called for fire trucks and ambulance

“Call your boss.” I ordered to one of the crew.

I tried to enter at the front door but the fire blocked me, I ran out coughing. Then I took out a thick jacket and wet myself, covering my face, avoiding the burning furniture’s I shouted.

“JIINOOOO…KIIIMMMMM!!”

“UNCLEEE!” I heard Jino’s voice.

“JINO WHERE ARE YOU??”

“UNCLLEE HELLP!!”

I ran to where his voice coming from and luckily saw him but the grandfather clock blocked on the way. The fire was eating it all.

“Where’s Kimmm???”

“She’s in her room, UNCLEE PLLEEEAAASSE!!! Save my baby sister…and tell her how much I love her…UNNCLE!! DO YOU HEAR ME??”

“I’LL SAVE YOU TOO!”

“UNCLE I’M BEGGING YOU…PLEASE SAVE MY BABY SISTER!” He plead

“I’LL BE BACK SO DON’T SPEAK LIKE THAT, OKAY?”

I ran to Kim’s room and kick the door for few times before it finally open.

“KIMMM” I shouted.

I couldn’t see any clearer; the whole house was filled with thick fumes.

“KIMMM!!” I called her once more, much louder.

“UNCLE.” I heard her scared little voice.

I look around, and then a shadow formed into a little girl, sitting at the corner hugging herself. She’s crying.

“UNCLE HELP ME PWEASE??”

I ran and carry her at my back; we both went back to where I saw Jino. When we reached the place, the grandfather clock and the fire was covering Jino.

“JINOO!!” I shouted his name.

“JiiNNoo” little Khim shouted crying too.

“KIM??? I love you my baby sister, don’t forget that.”

“Jino let’s go…don’t leave me please?” She begged.

“UNCLE, TELL MOM AND DAD NOT TO BLAME KIM!! IT’S NOT HER FAULT!”

I started coughing, it was hard for me tp breath since I have asthma.

“DO YOU HEAR ME UNCLE??? IT’S NOT HER FAULT! DON’T BLAME HER! PROMISE ME UNCLE YOU’LL TELL THEM THE TRUTH! PROMISE ME!!”

“I SWEAR! I’LL BE BACK JINO! I’LL SAVE YOU!!”

I run as fast as I can to save Kim and my life too, If I stay a little longer I know I’ll faint. When I reached out the front door I saw an ambulance and fire trucks surrounding the entire house and my daughter was talking to Kim’s Mom and Dad.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

☻☻☻☻ Kyuhyun’s POV ☻☻☻☻

“Jino was burnt?” I asked.

“No, he died in suffocation. Just like me, my son and Jino we are suffering from asthma.”

I nodded. Kaori’s life story was really full of drama and mystery. I pity her because of this, she doesn’t know all this things from her past.

“From then on, Kaori’s Dad became strict to her and made her feel like she’s not his daughter. He even changed Kaori’s birthday into summer so he won’t remember that his son died that day because of Kaori. After a week or two they migrate to Philippines and I’ve heard that they enrolled Kaori in different workshops aside from school, you know, acting, dancing, and singing…no wonder she’s like that now."

I shook my head, “So that was the reason why he became so cold to Kaori.” I said.

He just nods.

“Where are your son and daughter now?” I asked, but I don’t know why I suddenly want to know about them.

“My daughter Ce’ lived far away from us, I heard from Eric that she was accepted in an entertainment company but she turned it down. Then my son, Eric was working as the head crew at Montgomery resort.”

“Crew? Eric?” I asked as I remember the crew who had a crush on Kaoli, I think I found the son of this ahjussi in front of me.

“…I have a big dept to Kaori and her family.” He exhales a weigh.

“What is it?”

“As what Jino said before he died, it wasn’t Kaori’s fault but my daughter Ce’.”

“WHAT? HOW? WHY?” I got anxious.

“She admits that it was her fault when Kaori’s dad died. I didn’t get the chance to ask her the details because I got mad at her. I told her it’s not too late to tell them the truth. She made Kaori suffer for so long. She didn’t listen to me instead she went away and never came back.”

“You must find her!” I’m trying to control my temper. “What’s her name again?”

“Ce’”

I exhaled. “I gotta go now…Mr?”

“LOPEZ.” He answered.

“Thank you for your time, Sir.” I said and lower my head to give respect to him.

 

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

 

Heechul : Yah Teeny! You should drink every other hour so you won’t get drunk…

Leeteuk : *chuckles* her drinking habit must have interval, is that what you mean?

Kaori : OPPAA!! *glaring at the two*

Siwon : Hyung she’s not even taking a sip…she’s just attacking all the foods.

Kaori : WHAT? H-HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT?? *still chewing the food*

Ryeowook : Wae? Kaori looks cute whenever was full…*grabs a bread and feed Kaori* Here baby eat it all!!

Heechul : *took the chocolate bar* Ryeowook was right, go ahead, eat this all, so Gege won’t like you anymore when you became fatty!

All:   “_