Chapter 83

A Twist In My Story

“y, Free and Single doesn’t suit your image right now.” I chuckled when Eunhyuk hyung told me that.

Wookie nodded. “I agree to the fullest.” He said and laughed.

“First, you’re not y, you’re…maybe free but not single.” Anchovy kept on teasing me.

I chuckled. “Psh. I am y in ELF’s eyes.”

“But is Kaori alright?” Siwon hyung butts in.

“I’ll talk to her after this.” I said.

We’re all resting in the waiting room with some staffs, our managers and stylists.

“Are you guys aware of our shoot in Hawaii?” Kangin hyung suddenly asked.

Shindong who was trying to get some nap sit up straight. “I haven’t heard about that.”

“How long are we going to stay there?” It was Donghae’s turn to ask, looking around. He’s like that whenever he wants to act silly and play around.

Kangin shrugged and looked at our manager. “Hyung-nim?”

“A week.” Our manager simply answered. “You’ll fly there next week.”

“Aish…I promised Nari that I’d be on her Father’s birthday.” Shindong said his complaint.

I chuckled when I remember Kaori promised to be on my parent’s anniversary too. “Manager hyung, next time tell us our schedule a month earlier.” I chuckled.

His snicker annoys me. “This guys asking me their schedule in advance, is that the power of dating?”

Donghae hyung smiled like a puppy. “Me too hyung.”

I saw Eunhyuk looked at Donghae intensely. What’s the reason? I don’t know.

 

DORM

“Where are you going?” Kangin hyung asked me as I bumped into him on the hallway.

I whispered. “Kaori’s room.”

“Are you going to sleep there?” His brow rose.

It’s unusual for him to see us. After he’s been discharged from army he become a different person, more mature and he acts like a real responsible man now unlike the reckless and happy-go –lucky guy I knew before.

“Don’t think too much hyung, I’ll just talk to her.” I smiled.

“That’s too dangerous.” He told me.

I patted his back. “I won’t do anything, I swear.”

He’s worried about what might happen. I know exactly what he was thinking of but I won’t let things happen like that. Kaori and I even talked about marriage but that’s too far from what we want now. We’re both not ready for it. I slowly twist the knob to Kaori’s room. I have duplicate. I saw her quickly wiped her face and flopped on the bed acting like she’s asleep.

“I saw you.” I said softly and sat beside after locking the door.

She got up and sat too. “I’m sorry, I can’t help but to think about it.”

I wiped the tears from her cheeks and slowly pull her and peck her head. “Do you want to talk to me?”

She lowered her head. “I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?” I worriedly asked her.

“You’re tired, you should take some rest.” She told me instead.

“Uhm, yeh, later. I just want to make sure you’re fine.”

She smiled at last. “SS5 were starting so just do well there and don’t worry too much about me. I told you, I’m stronger than what you think now.”

I chuckled and Koala hugged her on the bed. “I’ll be away for a few days. Are you going to miss me?”

She shook her head. “Nope.” :P

I tickled her waist. “Why not??????”

She giggled softly. “Stop it! It’s already 3am, we might wake others.”

I stopped and stole a kiss on her cheeks. “Why are you so kissable?”

We both giggled. “I was born this way.” She answered proudly.

 I stayed and slept in her room for the next days before we fly to Hawaii.

 

HAWAII, USA

“WHAT???” I asked a bit shocked.

The staff giggled apologetically. “I’m sorry.”

“NO WAY! I won’t do that!” I shook my head.

The staff left and talked to the shoot director. Few minutes later my manager came to me rushing. He scolded me for being hard headed. They wanted me to do the Hula dance with other members. Other members don’t have any problems doing it and they seem to enjoy while doing it over and over.

I want to be known as a ballad singer. How could I even do that? I agreed with their cosplay craziness multiple times just not this one.

I dialed Kaori’s number to make me busy so the people around me won’t force me and stop pestering me at the same time. Her phone rang for the fifth time.

“Hello??” She said half asleep.

I glance on my watch. “Are you asleep when I called you babe?”

She mumbled. “Hmmm? Aniyo…”

It’s pretty obvious. I covered my phone and asked one of the Korean staff. “What time is it in Korea?”

“It’s almost 4 in the morning.” He assured.

“Eh…” I talked again to Kaori. “Sorry, did I wake you up?”

“Mmm…” I heard her yawn. “Oppa, sorry I forgot to call you yesterday.” She apologized.

“No, no. I’m pretty busy yesterday too. I can’t talk too long. You sound tired.”

I heard her move, maybe she sat on the bed. She chuckled softly but still sounding sleepy. “Jinjja?”

“What time did you get home?” I asked like a boss and took my other phone to see her schedule.

It says she attended ShimShimTapa. It ends at 2am so that means it’s hasn’t been an hour when she fell asleep.

“We got home after 3. Oppa it’s only 4am here, what about there?” She asked.

I scratch my head, feeling sorry. “It’s already 9am here. Sorry, I woke you up.” I said apologetically.

“No it’s fine. I already missed your voice.”

It made me smile. “I missed you more.” I said, unknowingly acting cute.

I heard her giggle. “Oppa, I want to see you now.”

“I’ll be back there soon.”

“Yeh, come back here before I book a flight there…” She paused. “Where are the others?”

“They’re filming the Hula dance.”

“Why aren’t you filming too?”

“I don’t want to.”

“Brat.” She told me.

I laughed. “Sometimes.” I admit.

I talked to her for about 30 minutes and then asked her to hang up because she still needs to sleep and rest. She said she have a schedule in the afternoon. I don’t want news that she was sent to Hospital again for fainting in live performance or while filming. I told her that we’ll be back 2 days from now. There’s never a night that I didn’t talk to Kaori over the phone. She told me she had a fight with the girls in the middle of the night.

 

3 DAYS PASSED. NOWON, SEOUL

☻☻☻☻ Kaori's POV ☻☻☻☻

I left the dorm because of some childish fight with Mika and Pau. That’s when I came home four in the morning and I can’t sleep so I decided to cook for my members. Being thoughtful as an ex leader I am, a caring but forgetful one. HAHAH. Thinking that they need to get up at six in the morning because of their schedule I wake them up one by one to eat the breakfast I made. But it turns out that they don’t have a schedule on that day and they just got home after filming. In short, they are tired and lack of sleep.

Mika and Pau was the easiest ones to wake up. They got really mad and we argued, other girls got awake and got mad too because we’re too noisy.

You know how girls fight right? They talked without thnking of what they're saying. 

I got sad after that and left the dorm. I just want to take care of them. :<

I got a call from Kyuhyun's mom, just like Kyuhyun she knows when it's my rest day. I wasn't crying but my voice made realize that something was wrong so I told her about what happened back in the dorm. She asked me to come over their house and stay for a while. I didn't bring anything, clothes, toiletries...it's just me, my wallet, phone and car.

The next morning, Ahra helped me to buy some clothes for my taping later.

===

“You don’t have to do the cooking here.” Mrs. Cho stopped me and took the knife from my hands.

Ahra unnie chuckled and leaned at the kitchen counter. “You like her so much mom.”

Mr. Cho laughed like Santa Claus. “Ho ho ho, I like her for your brother too. You can’t find a girl like her nowadays.”

I started laughing; they were teasing me because of what I did with the girls. “I really didn’t know that they don’t have a schedule and they just got home.”

“Aigoo, this girl. It’s alright, just go and rest. I know you’re tired.” Mrs. Cho told me.

“That’s right. Let’s talk later when I got back.” Kyuhyun’s sister said and pushed me to Kyuhyun’s room.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know that I was in their house. He only knows that we had a big fight.

“Annyeong!” Cho Ahra waved at me and closed the door.

I just got back after filming for 8 hours or so. I don’t want Kyuhyun’s parents to be burdened by my presence that’s why I wanted to cook for them.

Someone was gently tapping my arms I didn’t know that I fell asleep a few minutes after his sister left the room.

“Kaori…”

I grabbed my head hard. ! I’m having migraine! “mm?”

“Let’s eat.” I knew it was Ahra unni.

I sat straight still holding onto my head. “Yeh, kamsahamnidda!”

She left and went back with a glass of water and I guess a medicine. “Take this.” She said realizing my condition.

“Is she alright?” Her concerned mom entered the room too.

I shouldn’t be like this in front of his family so I tried my best to look up at them and smile. I bowed lightly. “Ye, I’m alright. Thank you.”

I took the glass and take the medicine. “Just come out if you’re already fine, arasseo?”

I nodded. “I’ll be fine in no time.” I got up and washed my face and followed them at the dining room.

We ate while chatting. It’s fun to be with his family. His dad is as witty and blunt as Kyuhyun. Now I know where he got his horns. XD They are so nice to me even from the start. After dinner Ahra asked me for some girl talk in her room.

“Kyuhyun told me about the engagement thing.”

I shyly smiled. “Ah, yeh, it’s when he asked me to choose for your parents anniversary present.”

“To be honest I wanted to kick him for doing that.”

“Ehh?”

“Don’t you think his idea was a bit boring?” She taunted.

I chuckled. “Why? He did so well that night.”

“You liked it?” She asked in disbelief.

I nodded. “It was the best night for me.”

“With a girl like you, he should have brought you somewhere luxurious and spend a lot of money for proposal.” She smiled dreamily.

I started laughing. “Why? Am I some kind of a princess to be treated that way?”

She shrugged. “I want my boyfriend to propose to me that way.” She giggled.

“Ah jinjja? Unnie has a boyfriend?” I asked extremely excited.

She puts air into her cheeks and rolled her eyes. “Too bad I don’t have.”

“Why? You’re too pretty to be single.” I chuckled.

Her giggles went louder and pulled both my cheeks. “You’re really cute! Do you think I could find a nice guy?”

I think for a while. “Do you want to date unnie? I’ll introduce you to someone.” I said remembering our friend Jaehyun.

“Mmm. It depends on the guy if he’s trustworthy and nice then its okay.” She nodded.

“He’s a Korean too. I met him in the Philippine’s.”

She eyed me. “What does he do?”

“His dad owns a pharmaceutical company and his mom was a doctor and him…he’s the CEO of their company.” I acted convincingly to make her agree.

She gave me two thumbs up. “You’re the best sister-in-law!!!”

We both giggled and gave high five. “Oh wait. Let me show you his picture.” I said and took my phone out. I searched for my old pictures. “He looked a lot like Yunho oppa but with manly features.

“Then he’s good looking.”

I showed her his picture. “Whoah! I thought he looks manly? He’s face was softer than Yunho, Yunho looked so cold.”

I chuckled. “He’s nicer and a bit funny too than Yunho oppa.”

She smiled at me and become a little serious again by saying. “I’m so curious about what your Mom said about the engagement.”

I got taken aback. “I haven’t talk to her.” I simply answered.

“Aren’t they looking for someone like…you know…as rich as you like Siwonshi?” She shrugged.

I shook my head. “Nope, I don’t listen to anyone when it comes to that.” I chuckled.

She looked up at the clock that made turn to it too. “It’s a little late. Mom would get mad at me if I won’t let you take a rest.”

I bowed politely. “Yeh, goodnight.”

“Let’s chat again some time.”

I walked back to Kyuhyun’s room, what I saw made my eyes went wide. “WHOOOO!”

There’s a guy inside the room that wears only boxers. He faced me and covered my mouth impudently. He got surprised too.

“Why are you here?” He asked me.

I smiled widely and hugged him. “Do they know that you’re here?”

“I’ll surprise them in the morning.” He answered.

“Are you mad that I stayed here?” I pouted; he didn’t even hug me back.

“No, but I am mad that you turned your phone off. I was damn worried about you!”

I puffed my cheeks and lowered my head.

“You didn’t even tell anyone where you’re staying!!” He’s really mad at me.

“I’m sorry…”

“What came into your mind that you chose to stay in my parents place?” He sighed. “Will you just please for once stop acting like a child??!!”

I stayed silent. My actions got stiffed. I feel sorry and I was boiling in anger at the same time.

He took his phone out and called someone. “Yes, she’s here with me now. Thank you.” He said and turns his phone off and threw it on the bed carelessly; showing his anger more.

My eyes were glued on the floor.

“Have you thought about what would others say if they saw you coming in and out of here every day? Huh! ”

I didn’t look at him and got up.

“Where are you going?” He coldly asked me.

“Just somewhere…” I shrugged, took my bag and car key at the bedside table.

“I’m not done talking to you.” He said now in a lower voice. “Where are you going?” He asked me again and pulled my wrists gently.

“Don’t be bothered about me; I already managed to live alone when I was young.” I told him and pull off from his grip.

“Kaoriiiii….” He called me out loudly.

I hurriedly walked out of their house and went to the parking lot to get my car. He’s following me I know so I locked all doors and scratch my tires away. I drove to Grand Hyatt Hotel and booked the grand executive suite for the next five days.

=====

WARNING: The next chapters might be heartbreaking. hahah *peace*