NOTHING... BUT HEARTACHES

A Twist In My Story

 

 
☻☻☻☻ Kyuhyun’s POV ☻☻☻☻
 
I was about to touch her lips using mine when she pulled out her necklace and showed me her ring. And she’s being too proud of it.
 
So it was true? 
 
Those fan bases were not just making rumours.
 
WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!!! WHAT’S WITH THE SONG SHE WROTE FOR ME WHEN SHE WILL JUST GIVE HER WHOLE HEART TO HENRY??!!! DAMN!!! THAT HURTS! THAT REALLY HURTS!!
 
And I can’t be wrong, that ring, I saw that ring from Henry too the other day.
 
DAMN IT!! That little rascal! That traitor! 
 
They were asking me to stay away from her so he can be near to her!!! 
 
I GOT HURT!! I AM ANGRY!!!
 
I SWEAR I AM!!
 
How could they do this to me?
 
I don’t deserve this!! 
 
I want to look for Henry and punch him straight on his face.
 
I walked away but Kaori stopped me and pull my arms.
 
“A...are you....mad?” She asked shaking
 
I look away and look back at her, “No, I’m not.” I simply answered.
 
“I feel it..” her voice was fading, “you’re jealous...” she lowered her head realizing what she have said.
 
YOU GOT IT!!
 
I want to say out loud on her, but what I feel is more than that.
 
Since when did you and Henry date huh??
 
I wanted to ask her but I was afraid to know her answer. I can’t accept this painful truth. Things were flashing inside my mind. Few days ago, before we went here at Montgomery. She was sweet and nice to me, she even acted like my real girlfriend that time.
 
There are things better to express in actions than words.
 
I remembered what I said to Sungmin hyung. Action speaks louder than words.
 
! DOES THAT MEAN? KAORI WAS CONFESSING HER FEELINGS TO ME? DAMN IT! DAMN IT! IF SHE DOES...THEN WHY SHE SUDDENLY CHANGED?
 
I tried to act like I wasn’t hurt, that I am not jealous. Even Kaori is making me annoyed. What is she up to? She’s now dating Henry but at the same time she was worried about how I feel. Explaining that what was I thinking is not true, that I am jealous. Is she toying me and Henry?
 
“Why would I?” I pulled my arms and start to walk away, few steps from her I turned to face her. “Good luck to both of you. Best wishes!” I said controlling my rising anger to her and Herny.
 
I only take few steps away from her when I heard Henry’s voice.
 
“SUGAARRRRRR”
 
Sugar? 
 
I stopped walking and glance back on the two. Henry covered her with the jacket he was wearing almost hugging Kaori and hand her a cup of Coffee.
 
I clench my fist. This is the first time a girl played with my heart and a traitor friend....NO Henry is not a close or even an ordinary friend to me.
 
HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY BORTHER!!
 
I walk back to our room. Mimi was asleep while Heecul hyung was tweeting again using his handphone. I lazily drop myself beside Zhou Mi and covered my face with a pillow.
 
What should I do now? Should I give her up?
 
That thought made me want to let out a tear.
 
All I can think of was Kaori and Henry the moment I entered the room.
 
I HATE THIS FEELING!! I HATE IT!!
 
I’m shouting inside my head.
 
“Ow, maknae, you’e back. Sleeping?” I heard Heechul hyung
 
I shook my head with the pillow still covering my face.
 
“Take a look on this...” he said.
 
I got up from my bed and sit beside him, just to divert my attention on other things, “What about?”
 
“Mochi and Kaoli...”
 
I exhale a load, “I don’t want to talk about them.”
 
“What’s wrong? Does it mean...the rumours are true?” 
 
I lowered my head then weakly nod twice.
 
“How did it happen? Since when? I don’t believe this...”
 
“She showed me their couple ring”
 
Heechul’s jaw dropped, “She...she...Kaori...My Teeny did that?” he’s stuttering in disbelief
 
I just nodded again.
 
“I’ll talk to them...”
 
“No need hyung.”
 
“But...Aish!! But how could she do that? Knowing you like her...and Henry, how could he steal her away from you?”
 
“I don’t own her hyung, jebal let’s not talk about this. Let them be the one to tell others”
 
He rests his back on his sit, “want to drink?”
 
“I’ll be fine. All I need to do is play my games and I can ensure you that I would be...” I stopped and sighed “...Fine.”
 
“So Kaori told you that their new endearment was Sugar and Coffee?” 
 
I gave my hyung a second look, “Coffee?”
 
He nodded, “Why?”
 
“She didn’t tell me but I overheard it....” I pause “...DAMN I wasn’t dreaming!” I strike the bed coz I was pissed.
 
“Oh come on! I know you’ll let it all out if you drink.”
 
 
 
 
 
☻☻☻☻ Henry’s POV ☻☻☻☻
 
FLASHBACK
 
I look all over Montgomery to find Kaori and Hangeng hyung. I bet she’s not wearing any jacket or coat by this time. I even look for them inside the club and bars. Until I checked on the biggest bar, it’s not that hard to look for my hyung since I know where exactly to look for him on this kind of place.
 
“Hyung, where’s Kaori?” I asked him
 
He pointed the darkest side of Montgomery, “She’s with Kyuhyun”
 
“Where?”
 
“Just there...” He shouted and made a sign language for me to go away.
 
I scratch my neck. 
 
Aish! He never change! I said to myself. Well, try to imagine this one, he told us that he can’t stay at Montgomery because he has a lot of work to finish but here he was dancing in the bar surrounded by pretty girls. Take note of that...I didn’t say girl, I said girls. Could you blame my hyung? He’s a heartthrob.  Hahaha lol!
 
I’m about to exit the bar when a girl caught my eyes, she’s now with Hangeng hyung.
 
“Wait...” I stopped and hid myself, “Erika?”
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
“SUGAAARRRR!” I called Kaori, I was just fooling around and call her that way.
 
She turn her head on me, her eyes starting to form tears.
 
“What happen?” I worriedly asked and wear her jacket and hand her a cup of coffee.
 
“Nothing...” she sobbed.
 
“Where’s Kyu hyung?”
 
“He’s not here,” she shook her head.
 
“Kaori...”
 
“What?” she looked away and started walking near the seashore.
 
I followed her, “Is something bothering you?”
 
“Nothing...”
 
“Do you have a problem?” I tried to ask her once more.
 
“Nothing...”
 
I sighed. It’s not the normal Kaori that I know, something was not right here. There is something that was bothering her.
 
“What’s your name?” I changed the my question
 
“Nothing...”
 
See? 
 
She doesn’t even know what she was talking about.
 
I grabbed her by the arms, “Tell me...”
 
She’s just staring blankly at something.
 
“Come on Doraemon, I’m your best friend.”
 
“I want to be alone.”
 
“I can’t leave you like this...” I protest
 
She faced the sea and sit on one banana boat. I followed and sit beside her.
 
“Henry,” she finally called me in her low voice.
 
I hold her hands, “Will you tell me now?”
 
She shook her head. “Can you sing for me?” she asked me instead, it was the weirdest question she asked me at this kind of situation. 
 
“What song?” I ask her
 
“Anything...just sing from your heart”
 
I think of a song...
 
♫A, B, C, D, E, F, G... ♫
 
I received a hard slap on my arms.
 
“Why? You asked me to sing for you...”
 
“I’m serious...” she pouted
 
“I am too.” I protest
 
“HENRRYYYY!!” She stamp on her feet
 
“Okay, okay”
 
♫ Twinkle, twinkle little star.. How I wonder what you are ♫
 
“YAH!” She strike my arms again in annoyance
 
I chuckled “Chill. I was trying to make you smile.”
 
“Thank you but it won’t work,” she said with a trace of sadness in her voice.
 
She stood up and starts walking.
 
“Hey Doraemon I’m sorry, I was just...” grabbing her hands
 
She turned to face me, the light from the moon reflected on her teary eyes, she sit on the sand hugging her knees, I followed.
 
“Is it too personal?” I finally ask her
 
“Yes” she looked up on me “Henry can I use your shoulders?”
 
“Hm? Anytime” I answered
 
She hold my arms and turn me to face her. Her eyes were looking at me.
 
“If I say I love you, would say  “I love you too” back?”
 
“BWOH?” shocked
 
“Ani...I can’t do that” she lowered her head, I lifted her face
 
“Kaori...”
 
“I’m sorry”
 
“What for?” I raised my brows.
 
She rests her forehead on my chest “For this” she started crying ‘til she cried out loud.
 
I rub her back that made her cry louder from time-to-time she’s hurting but I still don’t know the reason why.
 
“Don’t cry please?”
 
She didn’t say anything and just cry on my shoulder for almost an hour. We stayed like that ‘til dawn though she’s now just sobbing.
 
I stayed hugging her until she feel relieved well that’s all I can do for her.
 
I push a button on my watch to see the time, it says 3am. “Kaori, let’s go now”
 
...
 
“Kaori” I called her again
 
...
 
I lifted her face to see that she was already asleep. I sighed.
 
My poor best friend... I wished that helped you.
 
She was dead tired from the prods and she cried too much that’s why she fell asleep. I carried her on my back and walk back to the hotel.
 
 
AT THE BAR
 
☻☻☻☻ Heechul’s POV ☻☻☻☻
 
 
“Asih jinjja! I can’t believe this...Henry and Kaori are...are together?” 
 
I asked Kyuhyun to drink, drinking is his way of forgetting and when he is upset.
 
We went on a bar, not particularly a Disco bar just a place for liquors, wines and some talks. I didn’t drink too much since Kyuhyun needs me if ever he passed out. We already finished 2 bottles of Bushmills Irish Whiskey and yet he still wanted some more
 
 
“Yah! You’re drinking too much” I said trying to stop him
 
“Youu...told me too..drink” his face becoming red.
 
I sighed, “Aish, I said drink not drunk yourself”
 
“Hyy...hyunnnggg...ha...how...could...sheeee do this to me??” He started to act like a broken hearted man though he already is
 
I took the glass of Whisky from his hands “We should go.”
 
“I hate her...” he almost whisper
 
I hang his arm on my shoulder and guide him to go back to our room.
 
“Tch! You’re heavy really!” I complained
 
“I love her hyung”
 
“Nan arrayo..”
 
“This is...hurting...me...so bad” He punches his chest
 
“It will pass...”
 
“She played with my heart hyung” He almost cried
 
 
Played with his heart? How? Did Kaori already confessed to this maknae and then dumped him because of Henry?
 
I think twice.
 
She won’t do that!
 
I was convincing myself not to get annoyed on both Kaori and Henry.
“Open up” I heard Henry’s voice shouting when we reached the floor.
 
I lead Kyuhyun to sit on the 3rd step of the stairs and peek on them to see what’s happening. I saw Henry carrying the sleeping Kaori on his back.
 
So evil maknae is telling the truth..
 
“Mikaela Evans...Pauline Ford! Open this door” he knocked on the door twice, thrice, over five times'
 
Then I heard someone finally opened the door “Oh what’s wrong with Kaori?” Mika’s shocked voice echoed in the hallway
 
“She fell asleep because ...” I didn’t hear the rest of what Henry said since they already closed the door.