Omma

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Choi got out of the car when she saw TOP and Bom approaching. She stood there awkwardly as she looked at Bom, not knowing what to say. Because of her husband, this child had lost her parents.

 

 

Bom looked at TOP and then back at Mrs Choi before bowing politely.

 

 

Mrs Choi sighed with relief and she slowly walked towards Bom.

 

Bom looked down at her hands nervously. Because of her, Mrs Choi was going to lose her husband.

 

 

Suddenly Mrs Choi embraced her, Bom blinked twice as Mrs Choi patted her back gently like a mother would to a child.

 

"You've been through a lot...", Mrs Choi sighed as she Bom's hair, "Mianhe.."

 

Bom's eyes started watering, her hands slowly came up and she hugged Mrs Choi back, "I'm sorry too Mrs Choi-"

 

Mrs Choi pulled Bom back at an arm's length and frowned cutely, "Mrs Choi?"

 

 

TOP shook his head, "Here she goes with her aegyo."

 

 

Bom looked nervously back at TOP and then at Mrs Choi.

 

Mrs Choi broke into a warm smile, "Call me omma from now on...please."

 

 

Bom blinked twice, she felt her eyes dampen again, "o...omma?"

 

Mrs Choi nodded brightly.

 

 

Bom looked at TOP who nodded at her. She finally broke into a smile as tears fell from her eyes again, "o..omma..."

 

Mrs Choi smiled brightly and hugged her again, "Whatever happens now...omma is always on your side."

 

Bom bit her lip as she hugged her back tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?", Dara answered her phone without checking who was calling.

 

"Dara? Are you still at the office?", JIyong asked worriedly.

 

"Oh...mianhe I forgot to call you", Dara bit her lip.

 

"It's ok...how did it go?"

 

"I hate business!!", Dara muttered as she threw another file onto the desk.

 

"You'll be fine, how did your dad react when he saw you?"

 

"I did exactly what you told me to do and it worked, I've never seen my dad's face like that!", Dara smiled slightly.

 

"See, I'm not the boss of Kwon Enterprise for no reason you know", Jiyong smirked.

 

Dara rolled her eyes, "Is that what you called me for? To boast?"

 

"Ani, I came to pick you up"

 

"Huh?", Dara stood up and ran to the window and looked down, "Where?"

 

"I'm not there yet, I'll be there in 2 minutes come down arasso?"

 

"Hmm, neh", Dara hung up and grabbed her bag before running out to meet him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara walked out of the building and wrapped her jacket around her, she looked down the road for Jiyong's car. She stepped closer to the road and peered down the road again.

 

*VROOOOMMMM*

 

 

Dara turned back and saw a motorbike speeding straight towards her.

 

"AHHHH!", Dara screamed and fell back onto the pavement just as the motorbike passed her.

 

"oww", Dara winced in pain as she inspected her bleeding wrist.

 

 

"DARA!", Jiyong jumped out of his car and ran to her.

 

"Ji", Dara scrunched her face as he helped her up.

 

"What happened?!", Jiyong turned to see the bike speeding away.

 

"The bike...", Dara held onto her wrist.

 

 

 

*Ring Ring*

 

 

 

Dara looked around and saw her phone on the ground, she picked it up and saw who was calling.

 

"..yoboseyo?", Dara said slowly.

 

"Dara, you really need to be more careful...next time you might not be so lucky", Mr Bae smirked.

 

Dara gritted her teeth, she looked back at the building and saw a light on in one of the rooms. She squinted her eyes and saw her dad watching her.

 

 

"That b*stard!", Jiyong hissed as he watched Mr Bae smirk and then walk away from the window. Jiyong turned back to Dara, "Come on let's go."

 

Dara clenched her teeth as she tried her hardest not to cry, she held onto Jiyong as he lifted her and took her to his car.

 

 

"Don't you dare cry", JIyong said stoically as they walked to his car.

 

Dara looked up at him with teary eyes.

 

"Not for someone like him", JIyong said, "Don't you dare cry over someone like him."

 

Dara bit her lip and hid her head in his chest and cried silently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

She was running...running awat from the house. She slipped and fell on the wet mud, she was panting hard for breath, and running like she was running away from someone. She heard footsteps close behind her, it made her run faster. She finallyr eached her car and opened the door in a hurry. She turned the engine nad reversed the car and swiveled it around pressing the gas.

 

As she drove away, she scrambled around in her pocket for her phone, she got it out and started dialling for the police. Her phone fell next to her foot and she panicked trying to pick it up. Suddenly blinding lights in front of the car made her squint her eyes and turn her head around, she lost control of the car, her car flipped in the air and landed upside down by the side of the road.

 

She gasped for air as she slowly opened her eyes, she saw a figure looking at her from outside the car....smirking...she saw her husband.

 

"What should we do with her?"

 

She blinked her heavy eyes to the person talking, he looked so familiar.

 

"Nothing", her husband said.

 

 

 

 

"HWAHHH!", Mrs Choi sat up in her bed gasping for air.

 

SHe felt her face, and wiped her sweaty forehead nervously. Ever since she'd left her house and moved into TOP's, she kept having these dreams. She shook her head, maybe it was because she was afraid of her husband, that's why she kept having these dreams.

 

She lied back down and surled herself into a ball, but these dreams seemed so real...as if she'd experienced them before somewhere. SHe shut her eyes trying to forget the dream and soon fell back into slumber again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong placed Dara into bed and kissed her forehead. She then stood up to leave.

 

"Where are you going?", Dara held onto his arm suddenly.

 

"I've got something I need to do", JIyong smiled back.

 

"At this time?", Dara sat up.

 

JIyong nodded and sat next to her, "I'll be back, go to sleep."

 

"But where are you going?", Dara asked.

 

"Just business", JIyong said.

 

"Business?", Dara sighed.

 

"Had enough after one day?", Jiyong chuckled.

 

"I've had enough for a lifetime!", Dara shook her head.

 

"So why are you doing it then?", Jiyong asked seriously, "Quit Dara, this isn't something you should get involved in."

 

"I can't", Dara muttered.

 

"You can", JIyong pulled her face towards him, "Do you really want to be the CEO of Korea exports or do you want to become a doctor?"

 

Dara pouted sadly, "I can't give up on that company that easily Jiyong, it was my mum's."

 

JIyong sighed, "If you stay there, you know your dad is going to..."

 

"Try to kill me?", Dara said bluntly.

 

Jiyong looked away slightly.

 

"It's the truth though", Dara shrugged.

 

"But do you have to be so casual about it?", Jiyong asked, "You saw what he tried to pull today with the motorbike-"

 

"Exactly, that's exactly how my dad is so there's no point trying to hide it", Dara said, "Jiyong...your omma...she's a good person, she's just been hiding that behind a cold exterior all these years...and you helped her return to herself again."

 

Jiyong looked at Dara as she sighed heavily.

 

"But my appa...he was never a good person to begin with...what you see with him is all you'll get", Dara stared into space, "There's no point trying to believe he'll change anymore."

 

 

"Hey", Jiyong pulled her face towards him again.

 

Dara looked up at him.

 

"We're going to get through this arasso", JIyong said softly.

 

Dara smiled nodded slowly.

 

JIyong leaned in and kissed her gently, "Go to sleep now...I'll be back soon ok."

 

Dara smiled and laid back down as Jiyong walked out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Bom arrived at TOP's office. It was past midnight and he still hadn't come home, he wasn't answering his phone. Slightly worried she decided to come to his office to see how he was.

 

 

Bom knocked on his door and waited.

 

 

"Come in", she heard voice from within.

 

Bom bit her lip and slowly peered through the door.

 

 

 

There were about ten other men all hard at work on the large conference table in the middle of the room. They were shouting down phones, typing hurredly on their laptops, passing files between eachother, circling papers and handing it to TOP. While  TOP sat on the head of the table with furrowing brows as he discussed something with one of the men.

 

 

"Who are you looking for?", a tired looking man asked when she entered.

 

"Oh...", Bom whispered, "mianhe...for Seunghyun..."

 

"Sajangnim?", he asked wide eyed, "Who are you?"

 

"Neh...I brought him...some food", Bom stuttered.

 

The guy grinned cheekily, "Ahh...you must be Bom shi?"

 

Bom nodded nervously.

 

 

"Hey guys Bom shi! It's Bom shi!", he turned around and shouted out.

 

 

"Bom? Bom-shi? Where?!", the men and TOP looked up to find an awkward Bom standing by the door.

 

 

 

"Bom?", TOP stood up.

 

 

"Mianhe...I didn't realise you had company...", Bom bit her lip nervously.

 

"No", TOP shook his head and turned to the grinning men, "They're my legal team...well your's...I mean for the case."

 

"Oh...", Bom nodded and nervously bowed to the men.

 

 

"Ya!", TOP hissed at the men and all them suddenly stood up and bowed.

 

 

Bom smiled awkwardly, "Well...I...", Bom handed TOP a bag.

 

TOP looked at the bag and then back at Bom nervously, "You...cooked?"

 

Bom's face darkened, "Don't look so scared...Mrs Choi...I mean...omma cooked it earlier and since you didn't come home I thought I'd bring it in..."

 

"omma....omma?", the men behind whispered.

 

 

TOP tried not to smile and nodded, "Thanks."

 

Bom looked behind TOP at the men, "Mianhe...if I had known that you all were here, I would have brought more food.."

 

"It's ok/ Not to worry sister in law", they all chimed.

 

 

"YAH!", TOP grimaced at one of the men. He awkwardly turned around to Bom, "Mianhe...they've been stuck in this room for the past 14 hours so I think they're going a bit mad."

 

"But it's ok now that we've seen a pretty face Bom shi!!", one of them chimed as TOP glared back at them.

 

 

Bom started to giggle at the men's childishness, she looked at TOP who started to smile as well.

 

 

"Can I help?", Bom asked still smiling shyly.

 

"Um..", TOP turned to the guys who all nodded enthusiastically.

 

 

"Sister in law, please sit here", one of the lawyers pulled a chair out for her.

 

 

"Oh thank you", she sat down as he handed her a file.

 

"We're going through all the email correspondence of Mr Choi in 2001...so if you could high light any email adds you find that aren't listed on this file then that would help a lot."

 

Bom nodded seriously and got to work right away.

 

 

TOP smiled sweetly at her and sat back down on his chair.

 

 

"Sajangnim...", one of the lawyers whispered at him, "Does Bom shi have any sisters?"

 

TOP turned around and glared at him.

 

The lawyer gulped, "I'll...go...read up on the finances..."

 

TOP nodded still glaring at him.