Apologise

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara, palli! We’re going to be late!”, Bom ran out of the bathroom and started grabbing her clothes in a hurry.

 

“Huh?Y..yea”, Dara quickly hid something she was looking at behind the pillow and walked into the bathroom.

 

Bom looked at her strangely, she waited till Dara closed the door and then looked behind the pillow. She found pictures from their weekend with the boys. She flipped through the pictures smiling and giggling at the memories, but then she squinted her eyes realising every photo....had Jiyong in it.

 

          

 

Bom looked at the bathroom door sadly and sighed as she looked back at Jiyong’s photo, “Aigoo....what are we going to do with you two?”

 

She placed the photos safely back behind the pillow but one, she pinned the picture of Jiyong amongst Dara’s photos on the wall.

 

 

 

                                        

 

 

 

 “I think you like him too much to stay away from him now Dara Park”, Bom sighed and went to get ready for their hospital shift.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“How are we going to celebrate Minzy’s birthday tomorrow then?”, CL asked the girls on their way to the hospital.

 

“Aigoo”, Bom shook her head, “Adult Minzy!!”

 

“I know I can’t physically believe she’s old enough to....”, Dara shook her head in disbelief too.

 

“To CLUB!!”, CL shouted out, “ O M G Let’s take her clubbing!!”

 

“Clubbing ARE YOU CRAZYY!!”, Dara shouted back, “HER INNOCENCE?!!”

 

“Look she might as well ruin her innocence with her unnies than anyone else”, CL explained.

 

“So there is a method to your madness”, Bom joked, “I think it’s a good idea...a little girls night out eh Dara?”

 

Dara pouted not liking the idea at all but she sighed and agreed with the other two.

 

CL winked at them, “Kyaaaa!! Minzy’s first night out!!”

 

 

 

“Anyway moving swiftly onto the next subject....what’s going on with you and Seungri then?”, Bom asked as they walked into the hospital lobby.

 

“What about us?”, she replied nervously.

 

“Oh pleaseee”, Dara rolled her eyes, “there’s no point denying it!”

 

“What?! We’re just fr-“

 

“Friends?”, Bom and Dara gave her a look that said we really don’t believe you.

 

CL pouted, “FINE WE’RE MORE THAN FRIENDS ARASSO!! ME AND SEUNGRI ARE MORE THAN FRIENDS!! HAPPY?”

 

She huffed and then turned around.....to find Seungri standing there smiling arrogantly.

 

CL’s eyes widened in horror.

 

Dara and Bom snickered behind her, they hit themselves and ran off leaving CL and Seungri.

 

 

“More than friends eh?”, Suengri asked still grinning.

 

CL looked away nervously.

 

“Ya! Over here!”, Seungri waved his hand in front of her face.

 

CL hid her face with her hand scurried away leaving Seungri.

 

"Ya! Where are you going? I came to see you!", Seungri shouted loudly making hospital staff look over, "SECOND YEAR MEDICAL STUDENT LEE CHAERIN FROM THE NEONATAL DEPARTMENT!!"

 

CL cringed even more and literally sprinted across the lobby.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"That's nice....another one...good...to the left abit.....yea......another shot.....ok", Jiyong put his camera down and walked to the models, "Let's take 5 minutes break."

 

"Thank you so much GD for doing this shoot for us", one of the Vogue staff thanked Jiyong for the tenth time. 

 

GD just nodded, "Let's finish in the next hour"

 

 

 

"Ji!!", Taeyang called from behind.

 

"Alright?", Ji nodded and then turned back to the camera screen checking the pictures with furrowed brows.

 

"You look down", Taeyang pointed out as he sat on the chair next to him.

 

"Hmm...just busy", Ji replied not taking his eyes off the screen.

 

 

Taeyang fiddled with the files on the table and accidently dropped a few photos on the floor, he picked up and sighed when he saw that it was Dara's pictures.

 

 

"You sure you're just tired?"

 

Ji looked up at him and saw Taeyang holding Dara's picture.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                            

 

 

 

 

"Dude-"

 

"Leave it Tae", Jiyong muttered as he focused on the screen.

 

"Ji...what happened to byul noona....it won't happen to Dara", Taeyang said softly.

 

"You sure about that?", Ji said stoically.

 

Taeyang didn't answer.

 

"Didn't think so", Ji replied, "As far as I know, my mother is still the same person she was 6 years ago."

 

"But...you're obviously unhappy right now....any one can see that", Taeyang said.

 

Jiyong looked up now, "And if I did decide to start something with Dara....what then? Do you think I'll be happy, always worrying something bad's going to happen to her, worrying if she won't be able to handle it all and leave me, worry if she'll be forced to leave me?!"

 

Taeyang looked sadly at his friend, "You're already worrying about her leaving you? Before anything's even begun?"

 

"It's better it all stopped before I got attached to her", Ji sighed and turned back to the screen.

 

 

"I think it's too late for that", Taeyang said quietly and placed Dara's picture by Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir...Mr Choi is on line 5", his receptionist said to TOP through the phone.

 

 

TOP stopped his work and sighed, his finger hovered over the answer button contemplating whether to pick it up or not.

 

He pressed the button and placed the phone by his ear, "Yoboseyo", he said monotonously.

 

"Seunghyun"

 

TOP clenched his jaw after hearing his father's voice, "Neh"

 

"How are things there?"

 

"I sent you the annual report last month, all the information you need, you can find there", TOP said bluntly.

 

"I trust you with the business, don't worry-"

 

"I'm not worrying", TOP finished his sentence.

 

There was a pause.

 

 

 

"Your mother is excited about returning to Korea"

 

TOP didn't say anything, he just waited.

 

"I'm sure you've heard we'll be returning to Korea..." 

 

"Yes I've heard", TOP answered not really bothered, "I didn't think you'd be returning until next year."

 

"Well something came up that I have to deal with.....I'd like to meet you when I arrive"

 

"I'll be busy"

 

"Seunghyun...I'll be entering-"

 

"Politics?, And you want me to help show the world how perfect our family is right? That is why you rang of course."

 

His father didn't answer.

 

"I though so, you could have just said", TOP's face darkened, "After all that's what our family is so good at right? Lying."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Never mind, now if you have nothing else to say, I have a company to run", he slammed the reciever down angrily.

 

 

 

TOP closed his eyes and leaned back on the chair.

 

 

 

 

[TOP's FLASHBACK]

 

 

14 year old Seunghyun came out of his mother's room at the hospital. His eyes were red and sore from crying, he wiped his tears away and walked downstairs to the canteen. As he was passing the lifts he heard his father's voice talking to someone angrily.

 

 

"Deal with it", his father was shouting at the other man.

 

The man nodded.

 

"I want all evidence to be erased understood!"

 

The man who whispered something that Seunghyun couldn't hear.

 

"I don't care about them! Sort it out!! If something like this ruins my chance in politics then I'll be sure to ruin you too! Get rid off all evidence!", his father hissed.

 

 

 

Seunghyun hid until his father left and then followed the other man out of the hospital.

 

"Yea, he wants us to change the evidence", the man said on the phone, "The bodies?Just make it seem like it was an accident!"

 

Seunghyun's face fell, "Bodies?"

 

 

 

 

He ran back to the room to find his dad with his mum who was now awake.

 

"Seunghyun-ah", his mum whispered, still weak.

 

Seunghyun stood there frozen.

 

"Come here your mother's calling you", his father said briskly.

 

Seunghyun sat next to his mum and hugged her, "Omma...what happened?"

 

"I don't know either....I remember being in the car with your dad and then that's it", his mum tried to remember.

 

 

"She decided to drive and we got into a litle accident", his father added.

 

 

His mum furrowed her eye brows and nodded,  "I see...was any one injured?"

 

Seunghyun looked at his father.

 

"No...no one was hurt."

 

Seunghyun kept looking at his father, he didn't have a single bruise on him, no cuts, he was still in his suit that didn't have a single crease. He didn't look like someone who had just been in a car accident, on the other hand his mum was all bruised and broken.

 

Something wasn't right, but all he knew was his father was lying.

 

 

 

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Seunghyun!!", Bom walked into the office.

 

 

TOP startled and looked at Bom and checked his watch, "What are you doing here? It's only 4."

 

"Shift ended early so I decided to come here rather than waiting for you there", she plopped herself on the chair in front of him.

 

"You should have called", TOP said in a serious mood now. After his talk with his dad, he just wasn't in the best of moods.

 

"Nah!", Bom pulled out for investigation files out of her bag and spread it across the desk.

 

"That wasn't a question", he stated.

 

Bom looked up at him weirdly, "Is...everything ok?"

 

TOP stiffened and looked away, "Yea"

 

"Ok...then"

 

 

"Let's get started", TOP walked around his desk towards her, "I phoned up some old employees and confirmed your father did work here."

 

Bom nodded paying full attention.

 

"Here's what I've gathered about his work here....nothing out of the ordinary", he handed the folder to her, "although closer to his death a large amount of his work specialised in the company's financial area."

 

Bom furrowed her eyebrows and nodded again.

 

"So I called our previous accountant head who worked with your father and he confirmed that towards the end he was very keen on finding out as much about our finances as possible."

 

"But he was a lawyer...why was he so interested in the company's finances?", Bom asked again.

 

"Here's the interesting part, initially our financial reports were blank for 2001-2002", TOP said seriously, "The year your father passed away."

 

"Is that possible?", Bom asked.

 

"Well, in 2007 financial reports were finally done for 2001-2002", TOP showed Bom the report.

 

"So?"

 

"2002 was not a good year for us, company expansion talks had failed and recession hit us worse than we thought", TOP explained, "But here...the report for 2003-2004 is nearly as good as last year, and last year we had the biggest profit margin than any other law firm in Asia."

 

"So...the report is wrong?", Bom asked again.

 

"It's not just wrong...it's fake", TOP said seriously.

 

 

 

 

*RING RING*

 

 

 

TOP looked at his phone....it was his mum.

 

"Pick it up....I'll be outside", Bom smiled as she got up.

 

"It's just mum...you can stay", TOP said.

 

Bom shook her head, "I'll come back", she then left TOP in the office.

 

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Tabi..."

 

"Neh omma...how are you?"

 

"Good now that I've heard your voice"

 

"You realy need to stop your ridiculous aegyo. Was there something you needed omma?"

 

"Well...I just wanted to say thank you"
 

"Thank you?"

 

"For talking to your appa...he said you agreed to meet him once we're back"

 

"So?"

 

"Tabi...what's with that tone suddenly?"

 

"Can't you talk to me about anyone...anything but him?", TOP said angrily.

 

"He's your father Choi Seunghyun"

 

"And?"

 

"Choi Seunghyun!"

 

"Omma...I'm really happy you called, really I am....but next time if it's about him...don't bother."

 

He ended the call and threw his phone at the wall angrily.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The report was fake?", Bom said to herself as she walked downstairs to the big lobby.

 

She ruffled her hair in fustration, "Aish...so confusing!"

 

"I wonder if Seunghyun's finished on the phone?", she pouted, "OWW!"

 

A woman bumped into Bom and spilled her coffee on herself, but Bom being Bom thought it was her fault.

 

Bom gasped, 'Aish!! Why do I always spill drinks on people!!'

 

 

The woman gasped too and glared at Bom.

 

Bom stuttered and bowed repeatedly, "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!!"

 

"AAAAAAAARGGGGGGH!", the woman screached making the staff run over.

 

"I'm so sorry here!", Bom reached and tried to rub the coffee off the woman.

 

"GET OFF YOU PEST!!", the woman screached again, "SECURITY!!"

 

Bom bit her lip nervously, "I'm sorry....I'm really sorry!"

 

 

"WHO LET HER IN?!", the woman asked the security who were glaring at Bom, "DISGUSTING!! LOOK AT MY COAT!!"

 

"Miss...who let you in?", the security asked Bom who looked like she was about to cry.

 

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry, I can buy you a new one-"

 

"New one??!! This is custom made!!", the woman glared, "Do you know how much this cost?!!"

 

Bom bowed again, "I'm sorry!"

 

"YOU PEST!", the woman walked towards Bom and was slaped her.

 

 

Bom grabbed her cheek in pain but still wimpered "I'm sorry"

 

 

 

 

 

"That's enough!", TOP growled in his deep voice.

 

All eyes landed on TOP as he walked towards Bom who looked at him nervously with tears in her eyes.

 

 

 

"Mr Choi-", the woman smiled victoriously, "this pest-"

 

TOP took his check book out and scribbled something on it, "Here"

 

The woman stared at the check in confusion.

 

 

TOP flapped the check in front of the woman's face, "It's blank cheque...I'm sure you can be trusted to fill out how ever much that coat of your's cost and buy yourself a new one", he said flatly.

 

 

Bom and everyone else stared at him.

 

The woman gasped at TOP, "But...Mr Choi...this pest-"

 

"This pest", TOP pulled Bom closer to him, "Is my client."

 

"She's your client?", the woman asked again glaring at Bom.

 

"Neh." TOP repeated.

 

"Well...so am I!", the woman said angrily, "And look at my coat-"

 

"I'm pretty sure I've already solved your coat issue with the check....and the matter concering you as a client of my company", TOP looked over to Minhyuk and called him over.

 

Bom hid behind Seunghyun slightly as she felt everyone looking at her.

 

 

"Minhyuk", TOP said calmly, "End our contact with Miss Song here."

 

"What?!!", Miss Song and Minhyuk exclaimed.

 

"Now", TOP growled.

 

 

"Mr Choi!", the woman shouted.

 

"Security", TOP ignored her and called for the security, "Kindly Miss Song out of the building."

 

 

TOP then turned to his staff, "I'm pretty sure I don't pay you all to just stand there"

 

The staff strickened with fear ran off.

 

TOP then glared at Bom, "Come with me", he then pulled her all the way back to his office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oww!", Bom whimpered as he pulled her into his office.

 

He swung her around in front of him, grabbed a glass of water and splashed her with it.

 

 

 

"HWAA!", Bom gasped when the water hit her face.

 

"APOLOGISE!!", TOP demanded.

 

Bom shivered slightly as she looked up at TOP in confusion.

 

 

"I SAID APOLOGISE!", TOP repeated, "I JUST THREW WATER AT YOU SO APOLOGISE!"

 

"I...I...", Bom stuttered in shock.

 

 

"WHEN SOMEONE BLOODY POURS A DRINK OVER YOUR HEAD YOU APOLOGISE, WHEN SOMEONE SLAPS YOU, YOU APOLOGISE WHEN SOMEONE DEGRADES YOU, YOU APOLOGISE!!", TOP shouted at her angrily, "SO COME ON THEN, I JUST THREW A DRINK AT YOUR FACE!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? ARE YOU GOING TO FIGHT BACK OR ING APOLOGISE AGAIN?!!"

 

 

 

When he saw Miss Song degrade Bom in public and slap her he felt his blood boil, but what made him angrier was the fact that Bom apologised....for getting hit?! Why did she always have to lower herself in front of others? TOP hated this, he hated how Bom was always hurt and disrespected when in TOP's eyes, she was someone that needed to be held up high...after what she'd been through all her life, what she'd achieved so far...she was someone that should never be mistreated.

 

 

 

 

Bom flinched away from him, "I....sorry..."

 

 

TOP clenched his jaw and grabbed Bom pushing her back to the wall.

 

 

"What did you just say?!", he glared at her.

 

"I..i..", Bom stuttered, tears falling from her eys.

 

"You say sorry one more time I swear...", TOP gritted his teeth.

 

Bom gulped nervously, she shivered slightly as water dripped off her hair and onto TOP's arms.

 

"Seungh-...", Bom whispered and tried to push him off, "you....you're scaring...me"

 

 

TOP grabbed her hands and slammed them on the wall slightly above her head.

 

 

"Please....i'm sorry...let-"

 

"I SAID DON'T SAY THAT!", he shouted.

 

Bom took a deep breath and looked at him wide eyed.

 

"Do you really have to lower yourself for just anyone?!!", TOP asked angrily.

 

Bom looked up at him through her tears.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you not to just say sorry to just anyone especially people like them?!!", TOP growled.

 

"Mian...he...", Bom whimpered.

 

"BOM!!"

 

"Mianh-", Bom bit her lip realising she was apologising.

 

TOP closed his eyes trying to control his anger, "Stop apologising to me!"

 

"but...you're not them...you're Seunghyun", she said through her tears.

 

TOP opened his eyes and looked at Bom.

 

"so...I'm sorry...", Bom cried.

 

 

TOP felt his heart squeeze painfully again, he slowly took his hands away from her and stepped back a bit.

 

 

Bom breathed heavily, she glanced at her bag and then back at Seunghyun. She wiped her tears away, grabbed her bag and ran out leaving TOP standing there in the middle of the office.

 

 

"Why did I get so angry?...She's just Bom....", TOP muttered to himself in fustration.