Finding Dara

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

After driving the whole night, JIyong finally arrived at a small town in the middle of nowhere the next morning. He climbled out of car and furrowed his brow at the place. What would Dara be doing here?

 

Ji took his phone out and called TOP.

 

"Dude, you sure this is the place?"

 

"Did you drive there? You should have waited for us"

 

"TOP!"

 

"Ok ok, yeah that's the place her GPS showed", TOP answered huskily having just been woken up.

 

"Can't you pinpoint exactly where she is?", JIyong asked looking around at the houses.

 

"Sorry Ji"

 

Jiyong sighed, "It's fine, I'll find her."

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Jiyong is where?!!", Bom shouted when TOP told her JIyong had gone to find Dara.

 

Bom jumped up and down in the kitchen like a puppy.

 

"You're that happy?", TOP smiled.

 

Bom nodded suddenly looking like she's about to cry.

 

 

"I...thought...you were happy?", TOP looked at her warily.

 

Bom suddenly clapped her hands together, "How romantic is it going to be when JIyong finds her KYAAAAAAAH!"

 

"Aish!", TOP flinched back at the noise, "Are you Jekyll and Hyde or something?!"

 

"Dara!", Bom ignored TOP and imitated a manly voice and held her hand out pretending to be Jiyong, "Let's go back home".

 

"Seriously?", TOP raised a brow.

 

"She won't be able to resist his charms", Bom grinned happily, "And then they'll live happily ever after!! Right Seunghyun", she turned to face TOP but he was already walking out of the kitchen, "YA!"

 

 

"Happily ever after? What are you? 5?", TOP shook his head.

 

"It's called being romantic", Bom sighed, "You should try it once in a while."

 

"Nah", TOP scrunched his face.

 

"Nah? Nah?", Bom asked, "What do you mean nah?"

 

"Nah as in no thanks", TOP explained.

 

"Are you implying that....", Bom gasped, "I won't be one of those girls who gets flowers from her boyfriend? I won't have little secret surprises? Little red heart shaped cupcakes?!"

 

"You want heart shaped cupcakes? From me?", TOP asked her.

 

Bom thought about it for a while, it didn't really suit TOP, "Ok...I get your point, you're not really the romantic type...I guess I'll just have to live with it."

 

"Live with it?", TOP asked again, "Ya! Why do you sound so sad?"

 

 "I guess not everyone is lucky enough to get a perfect boyfriend like Jiyong", Bom shrugged and walked away.

 

"What? Mwarago?!", TOP pointed at her, "YA!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me, do you know this girl by any chance?", Jiyong asked in a shop as he showed them Dara's picture on his phone.

 

"No, sorry", the girl shook her head and handed him his coffee instead.

 

"Thanks anyway", he mumbled and walked out of the shop.

 

He looked at the picture again and sighed before entering the next shop.

 

 

 

It was the afternoon now and he'd pretty much been in every single shop in the small town now and still no one knew Dara. Maybe TOP got it wrong, maybe she wasn't here.

 

 

He kicked a stone out of his way and headed towards his car in defeat.

 

 

 

"PALLII! DARA UNNIE SAID SHE'S GOING TO BAKE US A CAKE TODAY!", a girl shouted at a bunch of children who were running towards her.

 

 

JIyong froze on the spot and turned around as the kids ran past him.

 

 

 

"IF YOU GUYS EAT IT ALL I'M GOING TO TELL SISTER LEE!!", a little chubby boy ran after them panting and huffing.

 

"Wooahh wait wait", he stopped the boy.

 

"Neh?", the kid asked.

 

"Dara? You said Dara?", Jiyong asked anxiously.

 

"Do you know noona?", the little boy smiled.

 

"Yes, can you tell me where she is?", he asked.

 

The boy nodded and then he noticed Jiyong's car and smiled brightly, "Do you want me to take you to her?"

 

JIyong nodded and smiled.

 

"Can I ride in your car then?", he asked cheekily.

 

"Come on", JIyong opened the car for his little passenger and got in too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They pulled up at a large house outside the town. Jiyong got out of his car and looked around, the house was in the middle of a large garden filled with flowers and trees. Each tree had a swing hanging on them and JIyong noticed few toys left in the garden.

 

"Here we are", the boy ran to Jiyong's side, "Ok byeee!", and ran off.

 

"YA!", Jiyong called out.

 

"Sorry hyung but I want cake!", the boy cried out and ran into the garden.

 

"Aish!", JIyong muttered and took a deep breath before going to the front door. He knocked on the door and waited.

 

 

A nun with a calm face opened the door and smiled, "Yes?"

 

"Hi...I mean hello", Jiyong bowed, "I'm...looking for Dara Park."

 

 

The nun thought for a moment, "And you are?"

 

"I'm JIyong..her...boyfriend", JIyong slowly said.

 

"Oh", the nun suddenly smiled, "I'm sister Lee, please come in."

 

Jiyong nodded and walked in as she closed the door behind him.

 

"Is..Dara here?", JIyong asked.

 

"Yes, she's just outside in the garden", Sister Lee smiled.

 

 

 

"CAKKKEEE!", about 4 kids ran down the stairs and ran past them.

 

"Woah!", JIyong raised his arms and stepped out of the way.

 

"Be careful my dears", Sister Lee shouted after them.

 

 

"Is there a party or something?", JIyong asked looking around the house.

 

"Sorry?", Sister Lee asked.

 

"The kids, there seems to be quite a lot of them here", JIyong explained.

 

"No my dear", Sister Lee smiled sadly, "This is an orphanage."

 

Jiyong apologised, "Sorry, I didn't realise.."

 

"No", she shook her head and smiled, "If it wasn't for Dara these kids would still be on the streets."

 

"Sorry?", JIyong asked slightly confused.

 

 

"Do you not know?", she asked him, "Dara started this orphange 3 years ago."

 

 

'Did you know Dara alone has established 9 orphanages in the past 3 years?'

 

 

He remembered what Lee Minho had told him and finally realised where he was.

 

 

"She's been paying for all our expenses every month", Sister Lee carried on, "But it's always so much nicer when she comes to visit....here", she pointed out a picture on the wall of Dara with the kids, "This was taken when we first started."

 

Jiyong looked at the picture of Dara smiling happily with about 15 kids hugging her.

 

 

"You're very lucky to have her", Sister Lee gave him a motherly smile as she showed him the way to the back garden, "There she is..."

 

 

 

[Music: Anywhere but here by Safetysuit]

 

 

 

JIyong walked towards the patio doors and looked into the back garden. A warm breeze touched him and suddenly everything went slow motion when he finally saw Dara.

 

 

Dara was sitting on the grass with the children, it looked like she was telling them a story. JIyong smiled as Dara made funny expressions with her face making the kids roll around in laughter. She hugged one of the kids and started tickling them and another one hugged her from the back. She smiled brightly and kissed them on their cheeks before bringing out a large cake from behind her. The kids clapped excitedly as Dara cut the cake and fed it to them one by one. The kids showed her thumbs up and Dara pretended to bow to them.

 

 

 

Jiyong smiled sadly at the scene. Why was she so perfect...in every single way?

 

 

The soft breeze played with her hair, whipping them back and forth softly. She frowned slightly and traced her hair back behind her ears as she listened to one of the kid's story. She nodded along and laughed with them. The sun suddenely glistened on her face and she squinted looking away...towards Jiyong.

 

She froze up when she saw him standing there with Sister Lee. She gently placed the child that was sitting on her lap onto the grass and stood up slowly.

 

Dara's mouth parted slightly as she looked at JIyong wide eyed.

 

 

 

Jiyong stepped into the garden and took a few steps forward.

 

Dara took a few steps back in surprise.

 

 

 

 

"OH HYUNG!", the same chubby kid he'd given a ride to ran up to JIyong and pulled Jiyong by his hand.

 

"NOONA!", the kid shouted at Dara, "this hyung was looking for you!"

 

Dara looked at the boy and then back at Jiyong.

 

 

"What's your name again hyung?!", the boy asked.

 

"Huh?", JIyong looked away from Dara towards the boy, "Jiyong."

 

"Oh", the boy nodded, "I'm shin woo! And this is Dara noona!"

 

Dara stared back at Jiyong still not understanding how he was even here, didn't he never want to see her again?

 

 

"Noona", the boy shouted, "You should bow to hyung!"

 

"YA", Dara glared at Shin woo who just laughed.

 

"Dara unni is he your boyfriend?", the kids giggled.

 

"NOO!", Dara gasped.

 

Jiyong looked away awkwardly.

 

"Hyung if you're not dara noona's boyfriend then who are you?!", Shin woo asked curiously while chomping on a piece of cake.

 

"I'm...", JIyong hesitated.

 

 

"He's no one", Dara said before turning back to the kids again.

 

 

 

"I'm here to look for  my girlfriend", Jiyong said suddenly.

 

Dara turned back wide eyed.

 

"Maybe you kids can help me", Jiyong smiled at the kids.

 

"OK!!", the kids shouted happily, "HOW?!"

 

"Well", JIyong kneeled to be on the same level as the kids and eyed Dara, "My girlfriend is really angry with me."

 

"ohhhhh", the kids nodded cutely.

 

"Because I was mean to her you see", Jiyong told the kids.

 

"Are you a bad man then oppa?!", a litle girl squeaked.

 

Dara smirked.

 

"Well....bad is such a strong word", JIyong said slowly.

 

"Where is she then oppa?", another girl asked.

 

"I don't know, she promised she wouldn't run away but she did", Jiyong pretended to look sad while Dara looked away folding her arms across her chest.

 

"What does she look like?", Shin woo asked.

 

"Hmm", Jiyong looked up at Dara, "She has long brown hair, she's slim, she's got big big eyes and talks like a rabbit-"

 

"WHAT?!", Dara exclaimed.

 

"Unnie sshhh", the kids hissed.

 

 

"She's really really pretty", Jiyong continued, "And she's really really nice, she hates rich people, she loves kids-"

 

"Sounds like Dara noona", Shinwoo squinted his eyes at Jiyong.

 

"Really?", JIyong said pretending to look surprised, "Should I just leave my girlfriend and ask your noona out then?"

 

"No", Shinwoo answered, "She's already got a namja!"

 

"YA!", Dara shouted and then looked away, "Kids, we should go in it's getting dark"

 

"But noona we need to help hyung", Shinwoo protested.

 

"Well your hyung wouldn't need your help if he'd treated his girlfriend properly in the first place!", Dara said sternly not looking at Jiyong, "Now come on", she gathered some of the kids anad went inside.

 

 

JIyong stood up and sighed, this was going to be harder than he thought.