we'll still be together

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

TOP felt warm movement and the touch of skin on his chin, he squinted his eyes open at the morning lit room and smiled softly when he saw Bom sleeping in his arms. He wrapped his arm around her and nuzzled closer to her. 

 

"hmm", Bom mumbled in her sleep as she started ti stretch her arms.

 

"morning", TOP said huskily.

 

She turned at the voice and slightly opened her tired eyes and saw TOP smiling and nuzzling in her hair. She felt a sudden rush of warmth in her cheeks and looked away nervously.

 

"m..morning", she mumbled as she hid her face.

 

He smiled at her cuteness and pulled her closer to him.

 

"Should we get up?", she suggested shyly.

 

He frowned his face and shook his head.

 

"Do you not have work today?", she asked.


"Not important enough to get out of bed", he mumbled.

 

"What about....you know those....men?", she asked slowly.

 

He stiffened slightly, his eyes flickered to hers.

 

"I have a late shift at the hospital today so maybe I can come with you-"

 

TOP pulled his arm away and sat up on the bed, "No."

 

"But-"

 

"Bom", he said sternly, "Stay away from the hospital today."

 

"I'm not going to get hurt when there are people there", Bom pouted as she got up to.

 

TOP ruffled his hair in fustration, "Fine, but don't go anywhere near them arasso?"

 

Bom nodded quickly.

 

"I'm gonna go take a shower", he got off the bed and walked to his ensuite bathroom.

 

Bom watched him close the door and sighed with relief, she started to get up when she realised she still didn't have her bra on. Her eyes widened as she quickly hid her completely covered body with the blanket. She searched the room for her bra and then spotted it on the otherside of the room.

 

"What the hell is it doing there?!!", Bom hissed as she got ready to get it.

 

 

Suddenly the bathroom door flung open.

 

"ACHKKK!", Bom jumped back in bed and covered herself with the blanket.

 

TOP eyed her weirdly as he went to grab his towel, he slowly walked back still looking at her trying to cover her non- body with the blanket. He then saw her black bra on the floor and picked it up to give to her.

 

"You looking for this?", TOP said handing her the bra.

 

"NO!", Bom shook her head, "That's...that's not mine!"

 

TOP raised a brow, "It's...not yours?"

 

Bom cringed as she nodded, realising how stupid that sounded.

 

"Then...is it mine?", TOP asked amused.

 

Bom shrugged her shoulders and cursed herself.

 

"So it's not yours and it's not mine...should I throw it away?", he asked trying not to smile.

 

"YAA!", Bom yelped as she jumped out of bed and tried to grab the bra still wrapped in the blanket from head to toe.

 

"So it is yours?", he grinned as he looked at the bra, "it really does look like the one I took off you last night"

 

Bom turned tomato red!! She couldn't believe this was happening to her, how could he like this.

 

She thought for a moment and then glared at him, "Choi Seunghyun it's not mine and it's not yours...then OMO are you cheating on me already?!!"

 

"Wh..what?!", TOP did a double take at her accusation

 

"Wow!", Bom pretended to be shocked, "So this is the type of man you are! If only I had known sooner I would never have got involved with you...oh god I'm so hurt-"

 

"What?", he asked again completely confused by the turn in the conversation.

 

"No...no it's fine", she pretended to wipe non-existent tears, "I'm a big girl, I will survive."

 

TOP eyed her weirdly as she ran out of the room in full speed.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minho oppa?", Dara asked through the phone, "Is something the matter?"

 

"Dara we need to meet up", Lee Minho, a close oppa of hers replied, "Are you free tomorrow?"

 

"Yea...what's happened?", she stuttered nervously.

 

"It's about your dad." he said in a serious tone.

 

"Has he found me?!", Dara asked scared.

 

"Not yet, but i's part of why I need to see you", he replied.

 

"Is it safe to meet up then?", she asked nervously.

 

"Don't worry I'll make sure the don't find you", Minho reassured her, "I'll text you tomorrow ok."

 

"Neh, bye oppa", Dara bit her lip as she put the phone down, worried about what could possibly be the matter that they had to meet up like this.

 

 

She shook her thinking it would be nothing, she took the bowl of soup she'd made for Jiyong and headed to the studio.

 

"Ji-", she stopped when she saw a beautiful, tall woman speaking and giggling with Jiyong.

 

Her eyes turned into slits as they both closely looked through the pictures on his camera.

 

She held her breath and she slammed the bowl on the table to get attention.

 

JIyong and the girl looked back to her.

 

"I'll...see you later GD shi" she smiled and bowed to Dara slightly before leaving.

 

 

 

"OMO OMO OMO OMO", Dara gasped at the girl who left, "Who was that?! She didn't even introduce herself?!"

 

"She's just a model-"

 

"MODEL?!", Dara gasped again, "WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO A MODEL?!"

 

Jiyong flinched back slightly looking at her with furrowed brows, "Because...I'm a photographer..."

 

"OMO!", her jaw hit the floor when she remembered some of GD's old work, she'd always appreciated his photos because they were different, not constraint and therefore sometimes a bit free and explicit too.

 

"What?"

 

"So....those photos.....you....models....", Dara stuttered.

 

"I don't understand", JIyong asked again, not getting why Dara was getting worked up.

 

She remembered a particular exhibition that was about women's beauty and there were tons of pictures of clothless women.

 

"YAA!", she took her shoe off and threw it at him, but he managed to duck away before getting hit.

 

"What the-"

 

"YOU'VE SEEN WOMEN?!!", Dara shouted as she took off another shoe to throw at him.

 

"Yes of course", he said ducking away.

 

"MWARAGO?!", Dara screamed.

 

"I...I mean...um....for work", JIyong lied trying to calm her down.

 

 

"OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO!", She grabbed a book and threw it at him.

 

Jiyong caught the book mid air and put it on the table.

 

"I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOU'VE SEEN MORE OF ANOTHER WOMAN THAN ME??!!", Dara shouted angrily looking for something else to whack his head with.

 

"Well we can sort that out right here if you want to?", he teased suddenly.

 

"MWARAGO!!", Dara shouted.

 

Jiyong sighed and pulled her to him by her arm so she came crashing onto him, "Are you accusing me of cheating then?"

 

Dara gulped at his closeness.

 

"Miss Dara Park...I'm a one woman kind of guy", Jiyong said seriously.

 

Dara blinked nervously.

 

"And right now you're my yeoja", he smirked and kissed her deeply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sajangnim", Minhyuk walked into his office and handed him a file, "The finance reports you asked for."

 

TOP nodded as he took the file and started reading it.

 

"About 40 billion won is not accounted for in the financial report for 2001 sir", Minhyuk continued, "I'm still looking into it but I can't seem to access the system."

 

"That's fine I'll do that", TOP said, "Thank you."

 

Minhyuk bowed and left.

 

TOP went back to the file, the profit margin was about right and costs all added up so where did all that money disappear to? Maybe Mr Park had found out about this and that's why he was killed. It explains why he was removed from the company systems.

 

He thought for a moment and then called someone.

 

 

"Sunbae?..Neh, I need a favour please.....You said you worked with Mr Park when you were working here, can you find out if he made any enemies when he was here?....neh.....please don't tell anyone about this...thank you sunbae..."

 

 

 

He ended the call, and furrowed his brows. For that much money to disappear like that surely it would have to be someone who had a lot of power in the company.

 

 

 

"Minhyuk", he called out and Minhyuk came running in.

 

"Find details on the board of directors for 2001", TOP said.

 

"All of them?", Minhyuk asked.

 

"Don't miss a single person out", TOP glared, "Not even my father."

 

Minhyuk nodded and left.

 

TOP sighed, something felt wrong. He shook his head and got up to head to the hospital to question the men.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Bom was waiting patiently for TOP at the lobby when he arrived.

 

"What took you so long?", Bom frowned when he arrived.

 

"Good to see you too", he pecked her lips.

 

"YA!", she whacked his shoulder.

 

"What?!", he rubbed his shoulder in pain.

 

"You can't go kissing me in public!!", she hissed.

 

"That was hardly a kiss", he bluntly said.

 

"Your lips touched mine didn't they!", she tapped her lips.

 

"Arasso arasso", TOP straightened, "I'll just have to kiss you more in private then."

 

Bom gulped at the thought.

 

TOP smirked before walking off.

 

 

"YA! Wait up!", Bom followed him.

 

TOP turned back and turned her to face the A&E department, "Go work!"

 

"But-"
 

"I promise I'll tell you everything after I'm done with them", TOP promised.

 

"Really?", Bom frowned not believing him, "You didn't tell me about them before?"

 

"And you nearly got killed, I think I've learnt my lesson now", he sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Choi shi", the police officers guarding the hospital room bowed at TOP as he entered.

 

"Are they awake?", TOP asked seriously.

 

"One of them is", the police replied, "I think he's ok for questioning."

 

TOP nodded before walking in to the room, where the younger man who was nursing a broken arm.

 

The man startled at TOP's entrance, "h...he...HELP!"

 

TOP just dragged a chair towards the bed and sat down casually.

 

"there...there are police here!", he stuttered.

 

"They're here for you not me", TOP said nonchalantly.

 

The man gulped nervously as he hid his broken arm.

 

"Looks painful", TOP commented casually.

 

"What do you want?", the man stuttered, "I didn't touch that girl!"

 

"Yea, cos I stopped you you b*stard!", TOP muttered through gritted teeth making the man flinch.

 

"So Mr Im Lee Young who hired you to follow Bom?", TOP continued.

 

"Who said we were hired-"

 

"Quit the crap", TOP glared.

 

The man gulped again.

 

"You know if I wanted to I could get you to serve life for what you did yesterday", TOP said monotonously.

 

"Impossible!"

 

"You see for a guy like me it's not impossible", TOP nodded casually, "So do you want to tell me who hired you?"

 

"I'm not sure-"

 

"I'm warning you!"

 

"Chincha!", the man cried out, "I don't, hyung always takes the orders."

 

"Hyung?", TOP asked, "The other guy?"

 

"Neh", the man said nervously, "All I know is....", he hesitated.

 

"It looks like you want to die in prison badly-"

 

"OK OK!", the man shouted, "All I know is the same person that ordered hyung to kill that girl's parents ordered us to keep an eye on her as well."

 

"Im shi, you're going to have to tell me more than that if you don't want to rot in prison", TOP said stoically.

 

The man started to panic, "The calls used to come from Japan until recently!"

 

"Japan?", TOP asked.

 

"Yes..but not anymore."

 

"How do you know that?"

 

"Well...the calls from Japan stopped but we were still getting orders from the guy", the man explained anxiously.

 

 

"Japan?", TOP said to himself frowning, an uneasy feeling was growing inside him now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara someone's downstairs looking for you", a nurse told Dara.

 

"Kamshamida", Dara bowed and hurried downstairs.

 

She stopped when she saw two men in black suits waiting for her. She quickly turned around sensing something bad but the men saw her.

 

 

"Miss Park", one of them walked towards her.

 

Dara cursed herself and turned around.

 

"Please come with us", they said.

 

"Why?", Dara asked nervously.

 

"Mrs Kwon is waiting for you", he replied.

 

"Mrs Kwon?", Dara mumbled in shock.

 

The men led her to a black car waiting outside the hospital, one of them opened the door for her.

 

 

Dara nervously bowed to the woman waiting in the car.

 

"Please get in Dara shi", Mrs Kwon forced a smile.

 

Dara nodded and got in the car slowly.

 

The two men waited outside the car soit was just the two women in the car.

 

 

"How have you been Miss Park?", Mrs Kwon asked.

 

"Well...thank you", Dara didn't meet her eyes.

 

"I heard that your house was demolished", she smirked.

 

Dara clenched her jaw but nodded, "Neh, there was a misunderstanding."

 

"I see, and your scholarship?", Mrs Kwon asked.

 

Dara looked at her but quickly looked away, "It's been sorted now Mrs Kwon."

 

"Hm, I see and how are you and my son?", she asked again.

 

Dara's eyes widedened for a split second but she regained her calm, "Jiyong shi is a very good sunbae to me."

 

"Sunbae?", Mrs Kwon laughed.

 

"Mrs Kwon, I'm very sorry but I have to get back to work-"

 

"Don't talk unless spoken to, didn't your mother ever teach you manners?", Mrs Kwon hissed.

 

Dara held her breath and relunctantly apologised.

 

"I actually came here to help you", Mrs Kwon continued.

 

Dara looked up at the icy woman in confusion.

 

Mrs Kwon handed her a file, "I've been doing a bit of research on you."

 

Dara's heart started to race fast.

 

"And the strangest thing is that there is no evidence of your existence before 3 years ago", Mrs Kwon smiled.

 

Dara gulped, "What...do you want?"

 

"Another thing I'm curious about is, you've changed your phone number 12 times in the past 3 years", Mrs Kwon looked at Dara.

 

Dara clenched her jaw, had she found out?

 

"It's almost seems like you're running away...or hiding from someone", Mrs Kwon smiled thinly.

 

Dara looked away nervously as cold sweat started to appear on her forehead.

 

"Well...if that's the case then you must let me help you", Mrs Kwon put on a pity voice, "I mean after all if someone was to reveal where you're hiding...then-"

 

Dara turned to face Mrs Kwon with a petrified look.

 

"No need to be scared my dear, I'm just saying if you go against someone..with well I don't know, someone as powerful as me then they would have no problem exposing your existence to those you're running away from", Mrs Kwon smirked.

 

"What do you want from me?", Dara whispered nervously.

 

"I think you know exactly what I want you from you", Mrs Kwon said through gritted teeth, "Stay away from Jiyong."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

[Music: Evening sky by Ailee]

 

 

Dara stumbled to Jiyong's studio finally that night, she leaned outside the door for a moment going through what Mrs Kwon had said to her. She looked through the window into the lit room and sighed at the sight of Jiyong working by his desk. She traced her hand on the window glass as if she was touching him. She smiled sadly as she watched him get up and look through his canvases, he reached for one and smiled at it before hanging it up on the wall. Dara looked at the picture after he walked back to desk and her lips started to tremble when she saw it was a picture of her.

 

 

'Stay away from Jiyong'

 

 

She placed her hand on her trembling lips to stop herself from crying, she peered through the door this time to look at him again.

 

 

 

"Oh Dara", JIyong waved at her when he spotted her, "What are you doing out there?"

 

Dara quickly wiped her tears and smiled brightly, "Hey"

 

"Come look at this", Jiyong called her to him.

 

"What is it?", Dara forced a smile and stood beside him.

 

 

"Seungri sent me these pics of CL, he wants me to make a massive collage for him", Jiyong laughed as he pulled her onto his lap, "Have you seen these pics they're hilarious."

 

Dara smiled sadly at him as he went through the pictures.

 

 

'Stay away from Jiyong'

 

 

She gently placed her hand on his shoulder and leaned her head on his.

 

JIyong stopped looking at the pictures and leaned back to look at her, "Waeyo?...Is everything ok?"

 

 

Dara looked into his eyes, "Didn't I say something bad was going to happen?"

 

"What are you on about?", he asked seriously.

 

Dara stared at him deeply, should she say something?

 

"What is it?", he asked again.

 

 

"Joking!", Dara smiled brightly.

 

"Ya!", JIyong growled, "That's not funny."

 

"Mianhe", she giggled softly.

 

He furrowed his brows and looked at the pictures again.

 

She sighed deeply, she went to trace his cheek softly with her thumb, "Look at me"

 

"No, I'm mad now", he mumbled.

 

"Aigoo, always getting mad", she pouted.

 

He sighed and looked at her, his brows furrowed suddenly, "Have you been crying?"

 

Dara just looked straight at him with an expressionless face, "Jiyong?"

 

He waited for her to say something.

 

"No matter what happens, no matter where I am...I love you", she looked at his lips and softly pressed her lips onto his.

 

He parted his lips from hers, "no matter where you are?"

 

"I'm just saying...you never know what the future holds", she whispered sadly.

 

"I don't care about that", he shook his head as he cupped her face.

 

"You don't?", Dara asked softly.

 

" No, because no matter what happens, in the future we'll still be together."

 

Dara nodded, her lips trembled  as he kissed her again.