Investigation progress

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

TOP was doing another all nighter at his office. And if he didn't work the only thing he would think about was Bom and what happened last night at the hotel opening.

 

There was a knock at the door and Minhyuk, his assistant entered.

 

"Minhyuk? You're still here?", TOP asked.

 

"Neh...I was just finishing off the report you wanted for tomorrow", Minhyuk replied.

 

"Oh ok then...is it done?", TOP asked.

 

"Not quite sajangnim...but I recieved a fax about the Park Case you wanted me to go through and I thought you might want it"

 

"Hand it over", TOP reached for the file in Minhyuk's file.

 

"Neh", Minhyuk handed it over, bowed and left.

 

TOP opened the file and read through the information Minhyuk had gathered for him. His face darkened as he read the file.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Ugh I smell of alcohol!", Dara whined as her and Bom left the club after their shift.

 

"Dara we need to find another job seriously I hate the way those men look at us!", Bom shivered as she walked along the road with Dara.

 

*RING RING*

 

"Oh..who can that be?", Bom took her phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen, "Unbelievable!"

 

"Who is it?", Dara asked.

 

Bom showed her the phone screen with TOP's name on it.

 

"Aren't you going to pick it up?" Dara asked again.

 

"After what happened last night ha?!", Bom scoffed and ended the call.

 

"He must have a reason for calling you though", Dara tried to say.

 

"I don't care-"

 

*RING RING*

 

Bom looked at her phone again and sighed angrily, "What does he want now?! Didn't he have enough shouting at me the other night!"

 

*RING RING*

 

"AISH!!", Bom ended the call again.

 

*RING RING*

 

"This namja chincha!!", Bom exclaimed.

 

 

"Just pick it up", Dara ordered.

 

 

Bom pouted, "Fine!"

 

 

 

"What?", she answered the phone.

 

"Where are you?"

 

"Heading home!"

 

"What? It's 3am!"

 

"And your point is?", Bom said annoyed.

 

"Come to my office now!"

 

"Have you not had enough ordering me about?"

 

"Just shut up and come, I need to talk to you"

 

"Unbelievable!! You are such-"

 

"A jerk I know, now hurry up!"

 

"No!", Bom hung up, "AISH THAT B*STARD!"

 

 

 

"So he wasn't calling to apologise then?", Dara asked.

 

 

*RING RING*

 

"WHAT?!", Bom shouted.

 

"I've got information about your parents' case dammit!! Get here now!!"

 

Bom froze, she slowly turned to face Dara, "Dara....I think I have to go"

 

"What? But why?", Dara panicked.

 

"I'll explain everything later arasso!", Bom said as she ran the other direction towards TOP's office.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Dara walked along the familiar road towards her home alone now, there were a few late night goers still about and somehow having people around made her feel a bit safe.

 

She approached a full bar but she carried on walking, tired and wanting to sleep now.

 

*CRASH*

 

The glasses suddenly shattered as two figures fell through the window and into the pavement in front of Dara.

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!", Dara fell to the floor with fright, "Sh!t!!", she whispered as she tried to get out of the way.

 

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!", more screams could be heard as a large crowd came outside.

 

 

The two men kept fighting, obviously heavily drunk.

 

Dara tried to get away but one of the men saw her and ran towards her.

 

Dara tried to crawl backwards but the man grabbed her by her leg and dragged her back.

 

"IS SHE WITH YOU?!", the man shouted at the other man while still holding Dara, "YOU MESS WITH MY CHICK?!"

 

"I.... think you're mistaking me....I don't know...", Dara whimpered scared out of her mind.

 

"ARGGHHHH!", the other man came charging towards Dara and the man holding her.

 

He pushed Dara in front of him as a shield and the man ended up punching Dara instead.

 

"AGGH!" Dara fell and skidded on the floor from the impact of the hit, "Aghhh"

 

The men continued to fight amongst themselves now while Dara lay on the ground in pain.

 

 

 

"YOU DARE FLIRT WITH MY CHICK?!", one of the men said between punches, "I'M GOING TO MESS WITH YOURS!", he then turned towards Dara and grabbed her by the hair and wanked her up again.

 

"PLEASE....ahhhhhh....let....go!!", Dara cried out as she felt her hair pull on her scalp.

 

 

"AGHH!", Dara suddenly fell back on the floor. She turned to look up and saw a third figure now...fighting with the two men.

 

Dara shook her head and tried to focus her eyesight on this new man. Her vision was too blurry though, all she could see were shadows but she could hear a familiar voice.

 

 

"WHICH ONE OF YOU ING TOUCHED HER?!", Jiyong growled as he held one of the men down of the floor.

 

The other tried to hit Jiyong from the back, but Ji turned around still holding the man on the floor and kicked the other backwards with force.

 

"I SAID WHICH ONE OF YOU JUST TOUCHED HER?!! YOU ING B*STARDS!", Jiyong punched the man on the floor until he fell unconscious.

 

He then turned to the other who was trying to escape Jiyong, but Jiyong threw him back onto the floor, his head just on the road while his body laid on the pavement.

 

Jiyong grabbed the man's collar and held him down. A car could be seen making its way towards them and if Jiyong didn't let go in time, that man would be headless in less than 10 seconds.

 

"NEVER...TOUCH HER AGAIN?!", Ji growled angrily. With one punch he made the man black out and pulled his head up just enough for the car to drive by and then threw him back on the ground again.

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara....Dara....!"

 

Dara felt her head spinning, she tried to open her eyes but the street lamp light blinded her eyes and she shut them again. She could again hear that familiar voice calling her name....again and again.

 

"DARA....DARA?!!"

 

She felt something warm wrap around her body and felt herself being lifted off the ground, her head landed on something warm and hard, and she didn't know if it was her heart or someone else's...but it was beating fast and anxiously.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Bom fell into TOP's office panting and huffing, "I'm....here..."

 

TOP came and helped her up.

 

"I'm fine!", Bom snapped and stood up, "What is it you've found?"

 

TOP sighed and then went back to his seat and looked at her with a dark face, "You didn't tell me"

 

"Tell you what?", Bom said still panting.

 

"Your dad...he worked for Choi Law Firm", TOP said seriously.

 

Bom froze, "He did?"

 

"You didn't know?", TOP asked.

 

"Um...I knew he was a lawyer...but...", Bom stuttered, "Wait...you're telling me he worked for YOU?!"

 

"For my dad, yes!", TOP said seriously.

 

"This is good right?", Bom said, "I mean surely you can find some information about my dad then?"

 

TOP looked at her curiously, "That's the problem....he's been completely wiped out of our system"

 

"I...don't understand...", Bom said slowly.

 

"He's not on our system....meaning he never worked here", TOP stated.

 

"But...you just said-"

 

"Minhyuk found information about your dad stating that he definitely worked here, but our system say otherwise....", TOP continued.

 

"So...maybe the information Minhyuk-shi got was wrong then?", Bom asked.

 

"Or....someone wants to hide the fact that he worked here", TOP said gravely.

 

"But why?..", Bom asked completely confused.

 

"Because they don't want any trace of your father here...", TOP said again, "Because...."

 

Bom gulped, "The murderer?"

 

TOP nodded and stood up, "The murderer...may be someone from my company."

 

Bom gasped and felt every hair on her body stand up as she looked at TOP's dark face.