Geum grandparents

FATE vs HATE

 

 

"This is it girls", Bom smiled as her, Dara and CL stood outside Seoul General Hospital.

 

"Deep breaths!", Dara said as she smiled like a little kid.

 

"Ready?", CL linked arms with Bom and Dara and walked into the hospital.

 

 

They'd obviously been to hospital before, but this feeling was different, this was what they had been dreaming about pretty much all their lives. All that ridiculous hard work, long nights of studying just to get into Medical school, day dreaming about walking around in white coats caring and saving lives.....this was it.....the day their dreams finally came true.

 

 

 

 

"Hello, we're the 2nd medical students from Seoul Uni", Dara smiled at the receptionist.

 

"Hello welcome to Seoul General Hospital, names and ID please?", the receptionist kindly smiled.

 

"Dara park", Dara smiled back, "And you are?"

 

"Kwon Yuri, nice to meet you", the receptionist giggled slightly at Dara.             

 

Yuri checked Dara's ID, "You'll be starting at the Cardiology department Dara-shi, that's the 2nd floor on your right."

 

Dara clapped her hands in excitement.

 

"Lee Chaerin", CL walked forward.

 

"Neh", Yuri handed her the info sheet, "You'll be in the Neonatal department Chaerin shi"

 

"Kamshamida", CL bowed.

 

"Park Bom", Bom said.

 

"Ah....good luck Park Bom shi", Yuri smiled nervously, "You'll be starting in the Accident and Emergency department"

 

"I AM?!", Bom exclaimed.

 

"Oh dear", Dara and CL sighed.

 

Although they are medical students, everything they'd learnt so far had been theory, this was the first time they'd be doing anything practical, so to be thrown in the deep into A&E department was somewhere no med student wanted to ever start in.

 

 

Yuri nodded, "Don't worry too much, you'll be fine... it's really not scary as it sounds" 

 

Bom nodded weakly.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Halmoni.....Halapoji?", the 5 boys called out as they walked into a traditional house.

 

 

TOP, Jiyong, Seungri, Daesung and Taeyang knew eachother since they were kids. When they were young, because their parents lived such busy lives, they spent most of their young childhood being looked after by the lovely old Geum couple in this old traditional korean house in the middle of Seoul.

 

 

 

"Aigoo aigoo", a tiny, plump cute grandma came hobbling towards them, "Why didn't you say you were coming?"

 

"HALMONI!!", the boys ran towards their 'grandma' and pulled her up for bear hugs in turn.

 

"Ack....my back...aigooo", she jokingly hit them.

 

"Awh....is my girl blushing?", Jiyong joked.

 

 

"YA! She's my girl!", a short man with a round friendly face and balding head walked towards them.

 

"Deh", Ji and the boys bowed.

 

"Halapoji...?", Taeyang winked at the old man.

 

Halapoji chuckle deeply and hugged the boys, "Come on let's go inside" 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aigooo.....here we go", halmoni came out of the kitchen with a massive bowl of Kimbap.

 

"KAMSHAMIDA!!", the boys chorused.

 

"Aish....so much noise", Halapoji said gruffly.

 

"Ahhh....halmoni you don't understand how much I've missed your food", TOP smiled, his mouth stuffed with food.

 

"Ani...it's nothing", Halmoni cutely blushed again, "Eat eat", she pushed the bowl towards TOP.

 

"Hmph...you boys only come when you want something to eat", Halapoji said.

 

"Mianhe.....hala hala", Ji pouted.

 

"Stop calling me hala hala and why haven't we heard from you boys in so long?", Halmoni said sternly.

 

"Sorry Halapoji we've just been so busy with work", Seungri said apologetically.

 

"Is that even a reason not to see your own family?", Halapoji replied, "We are a family", he pointed at them all, "we must always be there for eachother arasso!"

 

"Aigoo...hala hala", TOP wiggled his shoulders to do a bit of aegyo.

 

 

"Halapoji you should be honoured right now, TOP never acts like a human anywhere else but here", JI butted in getting a whack from Halmoni.

 

"Oww, halmoni", Ji whined as he rubbed the back of his head.

 

"Don't you say anything bad about my Seunghyun", Halmoni told Ji off.

 

"Wow....I knew it...I always knew TOP was your favourite", Jiyong shook his head in disappointment.

 

"Sssh!", Halmoni put some more rice in Ji's bowl, "Eat up!"

 

 

 

It was true, TOP did act like a normal guy here, to be honest they all did. In the real world, they were the rich and priveledged with everyone one in the outside world eyeing their every move. One wrong move and their company stocks would probably plummet. But here, at their hala hala and halmoni's place, they were the little kids that loved to play and joke about once again. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"You're the med student from Seoul uni?", a senior doctor asked Dara in the Cardiology department.

 

"NEH! Dara Park at your service!", Dara smiled brightly and bowed.

 

The nurses and the senior doctor laughed at her aegyo.

 

"Aigoo I remember my student days when I was that chirpy", the nurse laughed.

 

"Until reality hit us", the senior doctor joined in.

 

Dara blinked innocently at them.

 

"I'm your senior resident doctor in this deparment", She took Dara's hand, "I'm Dr. Song Ji Hyo"

 

Dara bowed again.

 

"I have a meeting to go to right now, but I'll get one of the nurses to show you around the deparment and then you can probably go through some of the medical history cases yes?"
 

Dara nodded brightly.

 

"Good, I'll see you later then", Dr Song walked out.

 

Dara smiled and looked around, "Easy....I could get used to this.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Want to hold her?", the Neonatal deparment's resident doctor, Dr Yoo Jae Suk asked CL.

 

"Um....can I...is it ok?", CL stuttered nervously as Dr Soo placed a small baby into her arms, "She's so tiny"

 

"This one was born at 24 weeks", Dr Soo explained, "we thought she wouldn't make it but look at her now, she'll be discharged next week at the latest"

 

CL smiled at the little miracle in her arms, "I could get used to this...."

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"GET HIM TO THE RESUSCITATION ROOM NOW!!", a doctor shouted.

 

"Onto the bed in 1,2,3, GO!", the paramedics transferred the patient onto the hospital bed.

 

"YOU!", another doctor pointed at Bom, "What are you doing standing there HURRY UP!! Get the oxygen mask!"

 

"NEH!", Bom cried, "sh!t where's the oxygen??!"

 

"THERE!", a nurse pointed it out next to patient's bed

 

"I can't feel his pulse!!", another staff shouted.

 

A nurse ran towards the patient and accidently pushed Bom onto the floor.

 

Bom sat on the floor watching the medical staff try to save the man's life.

 

"Oh crap....I am so screwed."

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"Drive safely", the two old couple waved at the boys as they got into their cars and drove off.

 

As soon as they were out of sight, Halapoji leaned on the wall for support.

 

"Yeobo...are you ok?", Halmoni asked her husband.

 

Halapoji nodded.

 

"Don't you think we should have told the boys about your condition?", Halmoni asked with tears in her eyes.

 

"And worry them?", Halapoji replied, "No....I don't want them or their work to suffer because of me", he turned to his wife, "besides I'm going to be fine....I'd never leave you."

 

His little wife nodded and helped her husband back inside.