Redemption

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

"Stay here!", Dara warned as she entered her uni.

 

"You should have told me we were coming to uni", Ji looked around.

 

"I have to get some books from the library so stay here arasso!", Dara warned again, "Right here!"

 

"I'm not a child!"

 

"Ya...whenever you're around something bad ALWAYS happens", Dara frowned.

 

"Arasso arasso hurry up then!", Ji waved her off impatiently, "You've got exactly 2 minutes!"

 

Dara rolled her eyes and ran off to the library.

 

 

 

Jiyong looked around and spotted a cafe on the other side of the street."Ah I'm so hungry!!". He started crossing the street and walked towards the cafe. 

 

"Young sir...any money for a homeless person?", a homeless man shook a cardboard box at him as Jiyong walked past.

 

Without thinking he took his 10,000 won and gave it to the man.

 

 

 

 

 

"WAIT!!", Jiyong turned around realising he just handed the man his entire day's budget.

 

He ran back to the the homeless guy, "Ajhussi! Give me my money back!"

 

"Neh?", the poor man cried out, "But it's mine"

 

"I didn't mean to give you that!!", JI retorted, "I need it!"

 

"But you gave it to me! And it's only 10,000 won", the homeless man replied.

 

Jiyong sighed in fustration, "You don't understand I have to live on just that today!"

 

 

 

The man hid the money away from Jiyong as Jiyong tried to grab the money back.

 

"Ajhussi!! Tomorrow I'll come back and give you 100 million won if you want but I need that 10,000 won right now!"

 

"NOO!", the ahussi cried as him and JIyong wrestled on the floor.

 

 

 

"Aigoo....stealing from a homeless guy", some students walked past shaking their head at JIyong.

 

"Must be a druggie, otherwise who would be desperate enough to beg money from a homeless person", another one whispered.

 

 

 

"AJHUSSI!!", Jiyong grabbed the man's hand, "I need that money back!!"

 

"NOO!", the ajhussi shouted back again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What the hell is going on?", Dara gasped at the scene of the ajhussi and Jiyong in a comprimising position.

 

 

 

"Dara he's got my budget!!", Jiyong wailed.

 

"He gave it to me!", the homeless guy said to Dara as he struggled to get Jiyong off me.

 

 

 

Dara stepped forward and hissed, "You're trying to steal from a homeless guy?!"

 

"Do you think I like living like this too?! But I'm starving and I need to eat too!", Jiyong hissed.

 

 

 

"Dara...do you know that guy?", the students asked.

 

 

Dara cringed as she hissed at Jiyong to get off the man, "Please...get off him!!"

 

"NO!", Jiyong retorted. He must have gone mad. Living as a poor person had really got to his head.

 

 

 

 

"Dara...is he with you?", the students asked again.

 

 

Dara srcunched her face and hunched her back as she shook her head and ran off wanting to get away from Jiyong as fast as she could.

 

 

 

 

"YA! DARA!", Jiyong looked up to see Dara running away, "WHere are you going?!"

 

 

Dara glared back at him and flapped her hand to tell him to go away and ran off again.

 

 

Jiyong flashed a cheeky smile towards Dara, "Look who's in hell now", he stood up and turned to the ajhussi, "Sorry about that...keep the money", he then ran after Dara shouting her name.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Mianhe....I'm late-" CL ran into the restaurant slightly late but stopped when she saw Seungri already serving customers.

 

 

"Unni!", Minzy ran up to her, "Seungri oppa came back again!"

 

"Huh?", CL blinked at Seungri who was busy wiping a table now.

 

 

He turned around and saw CL and waved happily towards her.

 

 

A smile slowly crept across her lips as she looked at him, "What are you doing here?"

 

Seungri smiled shyly, "What else do you want me to do for you?"

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright I'll be off then", Mrs Choi grabbed her coat.

 

"You're going back to Japan? Already?", TOP asked surprised.

 

"Aigoo, I only came for...", her eyes nervously shifted to Bom and then back to TOP, "for my appointment."

 

TOP nodded, "Do you need to go back so soon though omma? Maybe after your appointment we-"

 

"You know your father-"

 

"Can't you forget about him for just one day and spend sometime with your son?", TOP asked sadly.

 

"Mianhe-"

 

 TOP stood up and walked out of the kitchen before his mum could finish.

 

 

 

Mrs Choi looked nervously at Bom, "Mianhe...Tabi doesn't like to talk about his dad"

 

Bom nodded and smiled politely.

 

"Well, it was lovely to meet you my dear, we must catch up next time I'm in Korea", Mirs Choi warmly smiled at Bom.

 

"Of course Mrs Choi", Bom smiled back.

 

TOP's mum hugged her and left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom walked back to the lounge to find it empty, "Hm? Where did he go?", she walked through the corridor and peeped into one of the rooms.

 

TOP laid there on the bed with his arm over his face.

 

Bom hesitated for a while by the door. He looked really sad for some reason but she couldn't figure out why.

 

 

 

 

"Don't just stand there", TOP calmly said.

 

Bom's eyes widened but she still stood there.

 

 

"Either come in or leave", TOP said again.

 

 

Bom pouted before she entered the room, she slowly edged towards the bed and stood there not really knowing why she was standing there like an idiot.

 

 

 

"Are you just going to stand there?", TOP asked still with his arm over his face.

 

"Neh?", Bom asked surprised.

 

 

TOP grabbed her hand with his free hand and pulled her onto the bed.

 

Bom palmed to stop her from screaming, she laid there and not breathing.

 

 

With his face still covered, he calmly said "Breathe"

 

 

Bom took a deep breath in as told, still covering in shock.

 

 

TOP finally lifted his arm off and faced the surprised Bom.

 

Her expression made him smile slightly, "Relax"

 

 

Bom nodded, still stiff.

 

 

"Relax", TOP said a bit more seriously.

 

 

Bom quickly turned and laid back on the bed facing the ceiling.

 

 

TOP tried not to laugh, "What were you doing staring at me from the door way like a stalker?"

 

 

Bom's eyes widened and shook her head in protest.

 

 

"Have you forgotten how to talk now?", TOP bluntly asked.

 

 

Bom pouted angrily.

 

 

"I'll take that as a yes then", TOP said as he turned to face the ceiling with Bom.

 

 

 

Bom turned to face TOP slowly but then turned away again.

 

 

 

"What?", TOP asked.

 

"Neh?", Bom asked back.

 

"You want to ask something go ahead".

 

"Well...", Bom bit her lip, should she ask?

 

"You want to know about my dad?", TOP asked quietly.

 

Bom nodded, "You...don't seem close to him..."

 

 

TOP sighed heavily, "Let's just say he's...not a good man"

 

Bom looked at him curiously.

 

"Or is he?...", TOP said quietly, "I can't figure it out yet."

 

"So....he is a good man?", Bom asked in confusion.

 

 

"No", TOP finally shook his head, "I don't think he is...."

 

 

"You're lucky though Seunghyun shi", Bom sighed next to him, "You have a dad..."

 

TOP turned to face Bom, who was looking at the ceiling sadly now, "You really believe that?"

 

Bom nodded, "I wonder what it's like to fight with your parents and then apologise to them and tell them you love them and you'll never act that way again?"

 

He stared at her as she continued.

 

"It must be nice right? No matter how you act with them, they'll always be there....every sports match, every birthday, every sad day...every rainy day...everyday..."

 

 

Bom turned to TOP now, "Right Seunghyun shi?"

 

TOP nodded slowly.

 

She turned her body towards him, "Tell me stories"

 

"Huh?"

 

"About your family, your parents...please", Bom smiled warmly.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"YAA!", Jiyong finally caught up with Dara.

 

"I don't know you!", Dara shook her head.

 

"HAHAHAAHAHAH!", Jiyong laughed at her.

 

"You're laughing?!", Dara gasped, "You evil evil person!!"

 

"Evil?!", Jiyong retorted still laughing.

 

"YES!! I have never met such an evil person like you in my life!! I can't believe you were stealing from a homeless guy?!!", Dara shouted in horror.

 

"It was my money though!!", JIyong whined.

 

"Unbelievable!", Dara scoffed as she walked into a little shop.

 

"Well if you hadn't given me a measly 10,000 won then I wouldn't have acted that way!", Jiyong followed her in.

 

 

 

 

"But why give it to the homeless guy in the first place?!", Dara walked to the ramyun aisle, "You're not a rich guy today! Infact you're no better than that poor ajhussi!"

 

"Mwarago?!", Jiyong gasped as he followed Dara around.

 

"It just shows me you're just not a good person!",Dara simply said as she grabbed a cup of ramyun.

 

"Not a good person?", Jiyong scoffed as he grabbed a cup off the shelf too, "YA! I give ridiculous amount of money to charity every single year!"

 

"You or your daddy?", Dara pouted sarcastically.

 

"ME!!", Jiyong answerd, "YA! I work you know!"

 

"Now what's your definition of work?", Dara asked as she turned to face him and walk backwards, "Cos...spending your daddy's money at clubs isn't work in case you didn't know"

 

"Ha ha!", Jiyong sarcastically remarked, "I WORK!!"

 

Dara nodded, "If you say so....but you're still evil in my eyes"

 

"Mwarago?", Ji followed her to the till.

 

 

 

"That's 1,800 won together", the man at the counter said.

 

"Pay", Dara ordered Jiyong.

 

"What?"

 

"Since you stole money from a homeless guy you should have enough to pay for these", Dara said loudly so everyone in the store could hear.

 

"YA!", Jiyong hissed.

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders.

 

"You pay, I don't have any money", JI mumbled, "I gave the money to the homeless ajhusshi"

 

"Stop lying!", Dara said as she reached for his pockets, "Where is it?", she fumbled around.

 

"Told you", Jiyong shrugged when she couldn't find the money.

 

"Oh", Dara said uncomfortably and let go off him.

 

"YA!", Jiyong grabbed her arms again and wrapped them around him again, "Why are you letting go?"

 

"What are you doing!", she hissed as she apologetically looked at the counter guy and the people behind her.

 

JIyong grabbed the money out of Dara's pocket and handed it to the counter guy, still not releasing her.

 

"Thank you", he took the change and the packets, "Where are we going now?"

 

"Get off me first", Dara glared at him.

 

"Tell me where we're going first", Ji teased.

 

Dara huffed and blew a strand off her face and pointed at the bench by the window.

 

JI smiled and walked to the bench with Dara in his arms.

 

"What next?", Jiyong asked as he sat next to Dara.

 

Dara poured boiling water into the ramyun cups and rubbed her hands with glee, "Wait!"

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes she took the lid off the two cups, "TADA!! Dara's special ramyun lunch!", she pushed a cup towards JI.

 

"This is lunch?", Ji asked not impressed, "The last time I had ramyun was....I can't remember"
 

"You can't remember?!", she gasped, "Even Bom's had ramyun and she lived in America!!"

 

Ji shrugged his shoulders and took a pair of chopsticks, "First time for everything!"

 

"But...but...you're asian!", she gasped.

 

Ji ignored her and ate some ramyun, "YYAAA!"

 

"Waeyo?", Dara asked.

 

"This is BLOODY TASTY!!", he put two thumbs up with a big grin on his face.

 

Dara shook her head as she took a mouthful of ramyun.

 

 

"By the way I can't believe you thought I would actually take that money from the homeless guy", Ji said between chewing his ramyun.

 

"Well....", Dara looked away.

 

"That's what you think of me?", he asked again.

 

"Umm.....", she looked at him and smiled nervously, "sorry...keke"

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"And then dad had to get a chainsaw to cut the cat door to set me free!!", TOP laughed.

 

"HAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAH!", Bom squirmed on the bed laughing her head off.

 

"That's when I thought ahh...maybe it's time I lost some weight!", TOP laughed as he told his story.

 

"AHAHAHAHAH!", Bom tried to stop laughing but couldn't.

 

 

"Aishh!", TOP combed his hair back with his fingers, "I think I've divulged enough embarassing information about my childhood!"

 

 

Bom giggled, "Thank you....."

 

 

"Do you see me in a completely different light now?", TOP teased.

 

 

"Neh!", Bom nodded, "I like you more now", she smiled innocently.

 

 

TOP gulped nervously and smiled.

 

 

"See...all those stories of your dad, just shows he is a good guy", Bom said.

 

TOP frowned slightly again, "That was before..."

 

"Before?", Bom asked innocently.

 

"Let's just say, even as a son there are somethings even I won't look past, somethings no matter what the reason, I can't turn a blind eye to", TOP said quietly.

 

"Did...he do something bad?", Bom asked.

 

"You could say that...", TOP grimaced, "but then again...was it bad?"

 

"You're confusing me?", Bom smiled nervously.

 

TOP turned to face her, "He did something, no matter what his reasons were what he did was wrong."

 

"Is that why you don't like him anymore?", Bom asked.

 

"It's not about liking or hating...it's about right or wrong and I can't stand injustice..."

 

"Is that why you became a lawyer then?"

 

"Hmm...think of it as redemption", TOP muttered.

 

"Redemption?", Bom asked confused.

 

"I didn't do anything to stop my dad back then...so now all I can do is try to redeem myself", TOP sighed sadly.

 

Bom didn't ask anymore, obviously TOP had some deep and painful past that was making him feel this hurt and sad. Instead she just laid there next to him staring at him curiously.