Exam!!

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Krebs cycle?", CL asked Dara as they struggled with the plates.

 

"Krebs? or do you mean oxidation phosphorylation?", Dara asked with furrowed eyebrows.

 

"Krebs Dara!", CL said sternly, "Come on you need to know this for the exam."

 

"I know I know", Dara sighed, "Sh!t!! It's already tuesday!!"

 

 

 

"Generating adenosine triphosphate through oxidization of acetate...", Bom mumbled to herself as she brought out a plate of food from the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Ok ok wait!", Dara pulled out her revision notes from her pocket and started memorizing the content.

 

 

"Here's your sodium", CL put a bowl of soup in front of the customer.

 

"Soduim?"

 

"I MEAN SOUP!", CL shouted apologetically.

 

 

 

"CL, Dara, Bom!"

 

 

The girls turned around to see Gong ajhussi looking sternly at them. They gulped and hid their revision notes behind them and walked towards him.

 

"Minzy tells me you girls have an exam on thursday?", Gong ajhussi asked.

 

"Sorry ajhussi, we'll work harder", Dara apologised and the other two bowed.

 

"No, I want you to leave", ajhussi said sternly.

 

"You're firing us?!!", the girls exclaimed.

 

"No! I'm telling you to go home and revise, your education is more important!", he smiled warmly.

 

"But ajhussi, how are you going to manage?", Bom asked.

 

"I'll be fine, besides Minzy is coming in a bit and it's not very busy today."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes yes, now go!", he smiled.

 

"Thank youuu ajhussi!", the girls each planted a kiss on ajhussi's cheek and ran off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

6 hours later in the library.

 

 

 

 

"I....can't....go.....on", Bom slipped off her chair and onto the floor.

 

"Textbook pass me the Bom", Dara mumled incorrectly.

 

CL shook her head and squinted her eyes, "Why can I see all the carbon skeleton of every single molecule!"

 

 

In unision they all slammed their heads onto the table.

 

 

"Two more days....two more days!", CL chanted.

 

 

 

 

*Ring Ring*

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?", Dara answered tiredly without looking at who was calling.

 

"Dara?", JIyong said through the phone

 

"Neh?"

 

"Where are you? Are you not coming home?"

 

Dara sighed and sat up straight, "Mianhe, we've got a really important exam coming up on thursday, so..."

 

"Ah, ok...."

 

"I'm with the girls, don't worry..."

 

"Hmm"

 

"If it get's too late then I'll stay at CL's ok?"

 

"I can pick you up-"

 

"No, really it's fine...night then."

 

"Night."

 

 

 

 

 

Dara turned her phone off and sighed sadly at the phone.

 

Bom and CL shook their heads at her, "Aigoo...you can't possibly be mad at Jiyong for what happened to the house?"

 

"I'm not mad at him", Dara said, "It's just....hard."

 

"You knew it was going to be hard though Dara", Bom said.

 

"I know I know", Dara flipped the page of her book, "Let's just worry about all that after the exam neh?"

 

"I can't do anymore, let's go home", CL suggested, "we'll study there."

 

"I'll go back too", Bom said getting up.

 

"Do you want to stay at mine too?", CL asked.

 

"It's ok, I've left most my books at Seunghyun's, I'll see you girls tomorrow", Bom smiled and waved them bye.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 am.

 

 

 

 

 

mumble mumble.

 

 

TOP turned over in his bed.

 

 

 

mumble mumble mumble mumble.

 

 

 

TOP squinted his eyes in his sleep and tried to figure out where the noise was coming from.

 

 

 

mumble mumble mumble.

 

 

"Aish!", he got off his bed and walked out of his room and into the lounge.

 

 

 

 

"Bom?", TOP furrowed his brows at the sight. Bom was in the middle of the lounge rocking back and forth mumbling to herself while being surrounded by papers and papers of revision notes.

 

 

 

"...derived from a type of tricarboxylic acid which is regenerated by a sequence of chemical reactions.....", she mumbled on.

 

 

 

"Bom?- HWAH!", TOP flinched back slightly when Bom turned around with dishevelled hair, a head band with the writing 'HWAITING' on it, her eye bags down to her chin with pen marks all over her face.

 

 

"Neh?", she said with her tired voice, "sorry did I wake you up?"

 

"No, it's ok. What are you doing?", TOP walked towards her, trying not to step on her revision.

 

"I have an exam on thursday!", Bom whined, "I'm screwed!!"

 

TOP tried not to laugh, "You need to get some rest."
 

 

"How is sleeping going to help me remember all the of this", Bom asked while pointing at her revision notes.

 

 

TOP sighed and went to sit on the sofa.

 

"What are you doing?", Bom asked as he laid down on the sofa and covered his face with his arm.

 

"Sleeping?"

 

"Here? But i'll disturb-"

 

"I'm keeping you company", he said calmly without opening his eyes.

 

 

Bom bit her lip as she smiled, she sighed happily as she went back to her revision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the morning the sun shone brightly into the lounge and hit TOP.

 

He stretched his arms and got off the sofa. He saw Bom still in the same place, but her head was leaning on the table now.

 

He smiled and pulled her head off the table slowly, but along with her head, a piece of revision paper stuck to her cheek came with her and TOP had to bite his tongue to stop himself from laughing. He pulled the paper off her face and picked her up to lay her on the sofa. She snuggled closer to the pillow as TOP covered her with a blanket and then got up to get ready for work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Dara peered through into Jiyong's studio and sighed with content when she saw Jiyong hard at work. Her smile turned to sadness when she thought about all that had happened. Would they both be better off apart? She shook her head but still the thought remained in her mind.

 

 

 

 

"Hey", Jiyong smiled when Dara walked into his studio.

 

"Hi", Dara replied, "I just came to grab some stuff..."

 

"How's revision going?", Jiyong asked.

 

Dara just nodded, "Is it ok...if I go grab my book, I'm a bit late for class."

 

"Yea sure", JIyong replied slightly disappointed, "I can drive you to-"

 

"It's ok!", Dara replied quickly, "besides, if someone your mum knows sees us....then..."

 

Jiyong sighed and nodded trying to smile.

 

"I'll see you later", Dara said quietly and went to grab her things from her room.

 

 

 

 

Dara came back out after a while, "I might...stay at Cl's tonight, cos of the exam tomorrow..."

 

Jiyong nodded trying not to show his sadness.

 

"Ok then...", Dara turned to leave.

 

 

 

 

"Dara..", Jiyong called out.

 

Dara stopped but didn't turn back.

 

 

"You remember our promise right?", he quietly asked.

 

 

Dara closed her eyes as she remembered the night they finally agreed to be together.

 

 

"You won't run away if I don't", JIyong reminded her.

 

 

Dara tried to stop the tears coming out.

 

 

"I just want you to know...I'm not going to run away...", Jiyong said.

 

 

Dara nodded and walked out quickly before she broke down in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of wednesday was spent in the library as the girls locked themselves away from the outside world. Some people might have just said it's only a module, and that they shouldn't be so stressed about it, but to these three girls, there was nothing more important than this. They each had their reasons for wanting to do well, to successfully become doctors.

 

For CL being a doctor was purely because she wanted to help others, and she knew by being a doctor, she would help others as well as her family. She would be able to look after them, and that's all she ever cared about, for her family to be proud of her and for her to be able to protect them.

Bom's parents dreamed of her becoming a doctor, and after their death, their dream became hers. She didn't even realise when this happened, but her whole life was spent dreaming of becoming a doctor. In a way it could have been because she wanted a part of her present life to have a connection to her parents. 

Dara's desire to become a doctor came at a young age as well, her mother would always be in hospital with different illnesses that she had to deal with most her life. Her dad would never tell her what was wrong with her mum, so Dara would runaway from school to the hospital and follow the doctors and nurses around trying to find out what was wrong with her mum. She became attached to the hospital staff there, and when her mum passed away, it wasn't her dad that comforted her but the doctors and nurses there. So in her eyes, the hospital became more of a home than home itself. Hence, in her mind she never thought about being anything else but a doctor.

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday finally came, and the girls walked into their campus shaking in their boots.

 

 

Dara fell to the floor and clasped her hands together, "OH BIOCHEMISTRY GOD PLEASE SAVE ME!!"

 

"Ya! get up!", Bom hissed as other students stared at Dara.

 

 

"Ready girls?", CL took a deep breath.

 

The girls nodded weakly.

 

"We've got this in the bag! Chill", Cl smiled.

 

"You're right, I am Park Bom! Yale transferee!", Bom fisted the air, "I ain't scared!"

 

"That's the spirit!", CL hi-fived her.

 

"Yea...I freaking got a scholarship here!", Dara joined in, "I'm going eat this exam like a piece of cake!!"

 

 

"LET'S GO THEN!", Cl shouted as if they were going to war.

 

"I'M COMING FOR YOU KREBS!!", Dara shouted as well.

 

"YOU'RE DEAD BIOCHEM!", Bom crossed her thumb across her neck as they stormed into the exam hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!", the three girls cried as they slammed their heads onto the table at the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

The 5 boys watched the girls from afar.

 

"Oppas!", Minzy ran up to them

 

"Did it not go well?", TOP asked.

 

Minzy shook her head, "They revised for the wrong test."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"It wasn't biochem, it was biomolecular", Minzy sighed.

 

 

Taeyang and Daesung tried to stiffle their laughter.

 

TOP covered his smile with his hand, "What an idiot!"

 

JIyong sighed as he watched Dara repeatedly slam her head on thte table, "babo."

 

 

 

They knew how important this was for the girls, but that made it even more unbelievable and hilarious that they actually revised for the wrong test.

 

 

 

 

"CL?", Seungri sat in front of CL.

 

CL looked up with puffy red eyes.

 

"Um...how was it?"

 

CL scrunched her face up and started bawling her eyes out.

 

"Ok then...", Seungri edged away.

 

 

 

Jiyong sat next to Dara and pulled her to look at him. He wiped her eyes and her smudged eye liner without saying anything.

 

Dara sniffled as she tried to stop her tears falling.

 

 

 

 

"Bom?", TOP asked warily.

 

"Seunghyun....I took the wrong test!", Bom pouted.

 

TOP tried not to smile as he looked at the poor girl.

 

"I'm so dead, farewell medical degree...", she mumbled.

 

"Did you not do the exam?", TOP asked.

 

"I did"

 

"Did you answer all the questions?", he asked again.

 

"Yes but, I guessed half of them!", Bom exclaimed.

 

"Then you've probably already done better than you think", he shrugged.

 

"Is this your way of comforting me?", she asked.

 

"If you fail then I'll comfort you", he said.

 

"But I have failed!!", she whined.

 

"Didn't realise you could see the future", he smiled.

 

"Are...are you teasing me?", Bom gasped.

 

"No, I'm just telling you that you've haven't failed and there's no need to be so depressed", he smiled as he pinched her cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"CL cheer up, think about the hospital ball tomorrow?", Seungri said trying to cheer her up.

 

"I don't want to go anymore", CL mumbled.

 

"Not even if I go?", Seungri asked tilting his head to get a better view of CL.

 

Cl looked up, "You can come?"

 

Seungri nodded, "If I can see that smile of yours then yea"

 

CL grinned like a little girl and hugged him tightly.

 

 

 

 

"Awhhh!", Minzy came to sit down as she placed their drinks on the table, "What about you TOP oppa? Are you going with Bom unnie?"

 

Bom pouted, "He can't"

 

"Mianhe, something's come up I have to go out of town", TOP said apologetically.

 

"Oh, well Bom do you want me to take you?", Taeyang asked, "I've been invited anyway because my dad helped quite a bit when the hospital was first starting off."

 

"Show off", TOP muttered.

 

"Really Taeyang shi?", Bom smiled, "Awh that would be so nice of you."

 

"What about me? I'm gonna be left out? Maybe I should give some money to the hospital too", Daesung grimaced.

 

 

 

"Ji oppa, did unnie finally persuade you to go with her then?", Minzy asked Jiyong.

 

Jiyong shifted in his seat, "This...is my first time hearing about it actually..."

 

 

Everyone paused at the awkward silence.

 

 

"I didn't think you would come so I didn't ask", Dara said after a while.

 

Jiyong nodded.

 

"Besides, there are going to be a lot of people there....and well...if someone recognises you...", she continued.

 

"I know, don't worry", Jiyong smiled at Dara.

 

Dara bit her lip as she felt her heart ache.