I prayed and you came

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara rubbed her forehead as she struggled to sit up, she looked around in the dark and saw JIyong with his elbows on his knees, his face buried in his hands, sitting on the side of her bed.

 

"Ji...", she called out softly.

 

She heard him sigh deeply as he looked towards her, "Are you feeling better?"

 

She nodded, "How...did i get home?", she asked quietly.

 

"You don't even remember?", he said looking tired.

 

She shook her head.

 

"You passed out in front of the club", he said stoically.

 

She looked away nervously.

 

"You going to tell me what you were doing there?", he asked.

 

"I..I...the manager asked me to do a shift because they were short staffed..", she lied.

 

He sighed, hoping she would have told me the truth, "Really?"

 

She nodded not making eye contact.

 

"You really don't have anything to tell me then?", he asked again.

 

"Why?", Dara looked at him nervously, "Do you... know something?"

 

He sighed again and shook his head. He'd given her a chance to tell him but maybe she didn't trust him enough. 

 

 

 

"Dara", he got up ready to leave, "We're meant to get through this together."

 

"I know", she whispered.

 

"Then why is it only you that's suffering?", he asked seriously.

 

She looked up at him as he walked out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong walked to the lounge and sat down on the sofa deep in thought. Was he doing the right thing? Keeping her close to him seem to only hurt her. This was the only the beginning and he hasn't even been able to protect her.

 

 

"Jiyong?", she said nervously from her doorway.

 

"Dara, go back to bed", he said not looking back.

 

She bit her lip before walking to him and sitting by him, "Ji?"

 

He closed his eyes trying to calm his thoughts.

 

"Answer me", she whimpered.

 

He looked down at her by his side.

 

"Mianhe", she pouted, "chincha."

 

He shrugged her off and turned away, still lost in his thoughts.

 

"I...I...", she bit her lip, not wanting to tell him about her scholarship.

 

"What's the point of being together if all you do is hide things from me?", Jiyong said quietly.

 

 

"I'm not..", she whispered, close to tears.

 

"Then tell me what's going on?", he asked giving her one more chance.

 

She looked up at him nervously, "...nothing."

 

He smiled sarcastically and got up to go to this room.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Bom shi, I'm going to get into trouble", Minhyuk said as he handed Bom a piece of paper.

 

"Don't worry Seunghyun will never know", she looked at the address on the paper, "Is this it?"

 

"Yes, that's the address I got off from the licence plate Choi sajangnim gave to me", Minhyuk said nervously as he looked around the cafe they had decided to meet up.

 

"Do you know anything about these men?", Bom asked.

 

"No sorry, not yet", Minhyuk said.

 

"Thank you so much Min hyuk shi", Bom smiled gratefully.

 

"Bom shi?", he said suddenly, "You're not planning to go there are you?"

 

Bom looked away, "Don't worry-"

 

"I don't think you should...on your own anyway, whoever they are I'm sure sajangnim will deal with them."

 

"Don't worry, I won't...", she lied and forced a smile as she clutched onto the piece of paper tightly.

 

If TOP wasn't going to tell her anything then she had to do something. She couldn't just sit around while TOP ran around doing all the work. And most of all she hated feeling like she needed protecting. She knew from the very begining that this was going to be dangerous but she was prepared to go through anything to get to the bottom of this. And if these men had something to do with her parents then she was going to find them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Knock Knock*

 

 

"Come in", TOP said not taking his eyes off the file he was reading.

 

"Tabi?", his mum walked in.

 

"Omma", he smiled happily but then his face stiffened.

 

His dad walked in slowly after.  

 

 

"Um...", his mum noticed TOP's expression, "We just wanted to see how you were doing?"

 

"You could have called", TOP said nonchalantly as he went back to his file.

 

 

"We were hoping you had time to have lunch with us today?", his mum asked nervously.

 

"Mianhe, I have a meeting", he apologised monotonously.

 

"Oh...could you not cancel that?" she asked, eyeing the two men.

 

"I'm sure they won't mind you cancelling", his father finally spoke.

 

 

"If I cancelled whenever I wanted to, what would become of this place?", TOP asked his dad bitterly.

 

"All I was saying was when I was the CEO-"

 

"When you were the CEO", TOP interrupted, "this company wasn't the number one law firm in Asia!"

 

That silenced his father as Mrs Choi held her breath at the tension in the room.

 

 

"Well...if you're busy...then-"

 

"No, he's coming with us for lunch!", Mr Choi said before Mrs Choi could say anything.

 

TOP glared at his father, "Would you like to be the CEO again then?"

 

"Seunghyun!", his mum shouted, "Where are your manners?!"

 

 

"Because I don't really care for being the CEO", TOP continued.

 

"Ha? And what would you do if you weren't the CEO? You're where you are because of me", his father retorted.

 

"Seriously?", TOP crossed his arms across his chest calmly, "What would I do if i wasn't the CEO? I guess my law degree from Seoul National would come to some use."

 

He walked towards his father and said bitterly, "Don't assume you made me into who I am today Mr Choi. If I wanted to, I could leave this firm and create another one more successful just like that" he clicked his fingers.

 

His father's eyes flickered slighlty at the threat. He had afterall started the company and handed it to TOP, but if TOP left now the media would be all over it making it seem like there was a family feud and then his political career would vanish just like that.

 

 

"Scared?", TOP asked sarcastically, "So if you don't want that to happen, leave me to my work."

 

"Tabi!", his mum grabbed his arm.

 

"You too omma", he said to her finally, "I've told you time and time again, if you want to see me don't go bringing just anybody with you."

 

"SEUNGHYUN!", she slapped him across the face.

 

 

TOP paused for a moment, but then just stood up straight and straightened his tie as if nothing had happened, "When are you going to see him for who he really is?"

 

His mum looked at him in shock as his dad looked away.

 

"I don't know what I've done-"

 

"You've done enough", TOP cut his dad short, "Now if you two excuse me, as much as I'd love to run around playing a happy political family, I've got a business to run", he bowed and walked out of his office.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo?", Dara answered her phone as she hid behind the nurse station of the hospital.

 

"Dara? It's the dean."

 

"Oh yes sir, is everything ok? I'm working on the money, if you just wait a litlle-"

 

"Dara!"

 

"Neh...sorry"

 

"You're scholarship problem has been resolved."

 

"Neh?"

 

"You've got your full scholarship back."

 

"WHAT?! CHINCHA!! HOW?!", Dara screamed into the phone, causing the whole department to look towards the nurse station.

 

"Yes yes, well you're a student the university cannot lose, so I pulled a few strings-"

 

"THANK YOUUUUUUU!", she wailed now, wiping her tears away, "Thank you sir!"

 

"Arasso arasso, you just keep working hard ok"

 

"NEH!" Dara fell on the floor and started rolling around estatically not caring about people looking at her weirdly.

 

 

 

 

 

The dean put the phone down and turned to JIyong, "Mr Kwon are you sure you don't want me to tell her you paid for her fees?"

 

JIyong nodded, "No one should know about this, especially Dara."

 

"But-"

 

"Please," JIyong pleaded, "If she knew I paid for her fees, she'd would refuse it."

 

The dean smiled, "Ok, don't worry your secret is safe with me."

 

"Thank you", he bowed, "And one more thing, if there are any issues with Dara's fees or anything else let me know before you tell Dara."

 

"Why?-"

 

"Because she's my yeoja", he said bluntly before getting up to leave.

 

 

 

"Mr Kwon?", the dean called out.

 

Jiyong turned back.

 

"It may seem hard right now, but with someone like you with Dara... it'll all turn out alright", he smiled kindly at JIyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom looked at the address one more time before looking at the dingy dark building in front of her. This was the place. She took a deep breath before entering the building.

 

With her shaking hand she gently knocked on the door, she waited and waited but no one answered. She knocked a bit louder this time.

 

"Hello?", she slowly tried the door handle...it was open. She hesitated for a moment before opening the door.

 

"h..hello..", she walked into the pitch black room. She felt chills through her body, there was something not right about this place.

 

She seached the wall for a light switch, when she finally found it she switched the lights on. The room was pretty much empty with only a table and chairs in the middle of the room. She walked to the table and looked through the papers and files there and stopped when she found one....with her name on it.

 

She picked it up nervously and opened it, photos of her fell to the floor and she bent down to quickly gather them up. She then looked through the file...everything about her life was there, where she was born, where she lived, where she studied, where she worked...everything. Bom's breath shortened when she found papers on her parents too.

 

She gasped at the pictures of her as a child with her parents, she stood up and stuffed the pictures in her bag before looking for any more information.

 

Suddenly the lights went off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"HMMMPPPPHHHH!", someone covered .

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She's not here?", TOP asked Dara and CL at the hospital. He'd gone to pick Bom up after her shift since it was late.

 

"No, she said she wasn't feeling well today so we thought she was at yours", Dara said, "Is she not there?!"

 

TOP furrowed his eyebrows, "Do you know where she would have gone?"

 

"No, mianhe", CL said slightly scared now, "She's been quite worried about her parents' case recently, you don't think she went somewhere for that do you?"

 

"Oh god please don't say that!", Dara said nervous now.

 

TOP thought about how angry she was last time they spoke because he wouldn't tell her anything, "Dammit!"

 

 

*RING RING*

 

 

"What?!" he answered the phone angrily

 

"Sajangnim, about the licence plate" it was Minhyuk.

 

"What about it?", TOP asked as he raked his hair with his fingers.

 

"They seemed to be hired men, they have quite a long list of criminal activities..."

 

"Aish, alright thanks-"

 

"Sajangnim!", Minhyuk interupted.

 

"What is it Minhyuk?!", he asked angrily, too stressed about Bom to think about anything else.

 

"I'm so sorry...but before I knew about these men..."

 

"What did you do?!"

 

"I...gave...I gave their address to Bom..."

 

"WHAT?!!", TOP roared.

 

"I'm sor-"

 

TOP hung up angrily and ran off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Bom opened her eyes, she was lying on the cold floor sideways.

 

 

"It looks like our little friend is finally awake", a man said as he approached her.

 

Bom remembered him from the night of the attack and her heart started racing as she started to panic.

 

"hey hey...sssh ssh", the man cooed at her while she tried to push him away.

 

 

Another man pulled up a chair and sat down, "Ya, enough playing around."

 

The man closest to Bom stepped out of the room leaving just her and the older man.  

 

 

 

"So Miss Park Bom?", the man sitting down said, "What brings you here?"

 

Bom took sharp breaths as she looked around for an escape.

 

"You're not leaving...alive that is anyway", the man grinned.

 

Bom started hyperventilating, tears started to flow out.

 

"Why don't you tell us why you're here?", the man grinned again.

 

Bom looked away, biting her lip, wishing TOP was here. Maybe he was right, she always needed protecting.

 

"Come on, you must have questions you want to ask before you know...", the man started playing with his pocket knife suddenly.

 

Bom's eyes widened at the sight of the knife, "please...please...i'm....please....no..."

 

"Let me guess....you want to find out about your parents right?", the man grinned.

 

Bom stiffened.

 

 

"Correct!! I guessed it!", he laughed like a maniac.

 

"...did...you...", Bom stuttered.

 

"Kill your parents?", he answered.

 

Bom stiffened again but she slowly nodded.

 

"Well that would be telling wouldn't it?", he smiled as he approached her.

 

Bom hurriedly shuffled back until she hit the wall with her back.

 

"Awh....Park Bom....", he pouted.

 

"please...please....", Bom stuttered petrified.

 

He flicked his pocket knife open and ran it gently across Bom's neck making Bom hyperventilate even more.

 

"You see...I don't think I killed your parents....the person who hired me killed your parents", he explained running the knife across Bom's arm now.

 

"what?", Bom gasped as she felt her body turn cold.

 

"I have to live, I have to eat...", he said grinning and shrugging his shoulders as if that was an explainable reason to murder her parents.

 

"you...killed them...", she cried.

 

"No!", he wagged the knife about  in front of her face, "I only did what I was told."

 

Bom sobbed, "why...why...how could you?"

 

"Easy", he said as he made a gun shape with his hand, "BANG!"

 

Bom jumped startled.

 

"And you'll be just as easy", he smiled evilly.

 

Bom closed her eyes and prayed as she felt the cold knife touch her chest.

 

"Don't worry, it won't hurt", he snickered.

 

Bom took a deep breath, was this how it was all going to end? I guess she finally knew who killed her parents...wasn't that all she wanted? but what about eveyone else in her life...what about Seunghyun? Would he be ok without her?....Would she be able to leave him just like that?

 

With that thought, her eyes opened and she pushed him backwards and ran for the door.

 

 

She managed to open the door but the man grabbed her hair and pulled her back.

 

 

"AGGGGHH!", Bom shouted as she fell backwards, she turned around and kicked his shin making him let go of her and she ran out of the room.

 

 

"HEY!", the other man was by the exit blocking her way.

 

 

She panicked and ran for the stairs as the two men followed closely behind.

 

One of the men grabbed her shoe dragging her down the stairs, "AHHHH.....AGGGHHHH!", she wriggled free as her shoe came off and she ran up again.

 

 

 

[MUSIC: MONSTER BY BIG BANG]

 

 

 

 

 

She finally reached the rooftop, she pushed the door open and slammed it shut, locking it quickly.

 

It was raining it down now and she slipped on the wet floor, heaving and panting heavily.

 

 

*BANG BANG BANG BANG*

 

 

"AHHH!", Bom jumped back in fright at the slams at the door. She looked around trying to find somewhere to hide, but there was no where. She ran to the edge of the railings and looked down but she was too high up to jump.

 

*BANG BANG*

 

"AHHHH!", Bom shouted at the sound, she grabbed the railings for support.

 

 

 

*SLAM*, the door swung open and the two men grinned as they spotted Bom.

 

 

"stay...stay away.." Bom stuttered as she edged closer to the railings.

 

 

"Aish it's raining", the man complained not caring at all.

 

"Can we make this quick?", the second man said.

 

 

"Please....pleaseee", Bom sobbed as the men casually walked towards her.

 

 

 

"You want to do it or shall I?", the man asked his friend.

 

Bom's knees gave way as she fell to the floor shivering.

 

"Nah,you do it", the second guy said as Bom cried in between them.

 

Bom closed her eyes and prayed again, "seunghyun-ah....please....."

 

"Awh, Seunghyun-ah", the man teased Bom as the other laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You dare touch her", a deep voice bellowed from behind.

 

Bom fluttered her eyes open and saw TOP standing there drenched in the rain. His eyes were red from anger as he glared at the men.

 

 

"Who the hell are you?", the man walked towards TOP.

 

"Let her go", TOP said stoically.

 

"Aish, this kid", the man got ready to punch TOP.

 

TOP grabbed the man's fist with one hand and glared at him, he crushed the man's fist in his hand.

 

"oooowwww.....AHHHHH!", the man screamed as TOP squeezed his fist.

 

TOP then twisted the man's arm right around until a loud crack could be heard and kicked the man backwards.

 

 

"WHO ARE YOU?!!", the older man grabbed Bom at knife point and eyed TOP nervously now.

 

TOP walked over the man who was wriggling in agony on the floor.

 

"Do you want to let go of her", TOP muttered through gritted teeth, "Or shall I make you?"

 

 

"STAY AWAY!", the man said as he edged Bom towards the railings.

 

"AHHHH!", Bom screamed when the man pushed her to the railings.

 

 

"So you want me to make you huh?", TOP growled as he stormed towards the man. 

 

Before the man could do anything, TOP grabbed the man by his neck and slightly lifted him off the floor before throwing him off Bom.

 

Bom fell to the floor and huddled to the wall.

 

 

"ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!", the man got up again and ran towards TOP with his knife.

 

He whipped his knife across TOP's arm, but TOP just punched him backwards. The man quickly got up and tried to attack again, he pushed TOP towards the wall and tried to stab TOP's chest. TOP held onto the knife and pushed it back, he kicked the knife out of reach and kneed the man in the stomach before banging his head on the wall. The force knocked the man unconscious.

 

 

TOP panted, the rain pouring it down now. He turned slowly towards Bom who had seen the whole thing and was frozen on the spot.

 

 

"Bom", he walked towards her.

 

"AHHH!", Bom walked back nervously.

 

"Bom...", he called out softly this time.

 

Bom's eyes didn't leave the men on the floor.

 

TOP reached out but Bom screamed and fell to the floor, edging herself back to the wall again.

 

"Hey", TOP cupped her face so she would look at him, "It's me!!"

 

Bom squinted her eyes because of the rain, she looked at TOP's worried face. Her face softened finally when she noticed a cut on his face, her hand slowly reached for his face.

 

"s...seungh...seunghyun...", Bom stuttered.

 

TOP nodded and pulled her into a hug.

 

"I...prayed....and....you came...", Bom stuttered between sobs.

 

"I told you I'd protect you didn't I?", he sighed relieved she was ok.