Ultimatum

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

TOP rubbed his forehead with his eyes closed in his office. 

 

 

 

"You're doing the right thing", his mum entered the room.

 

TOP looked at her and sat himself up on his chair.

 

 

"Tabi", she placed her hand on his.

 

TOP looked up at her, " I know."

 

His mum smiled sadly, "He's getting what he deserves."

 

TOP placed his hand on hers supportively this time, "I'm sorry that he turned out this way."

 

Mrs Choi looked away sadly, "Don't be sorry, at the back of my mind I always knew he was like this...it was just easier to ignore it."

 

"Mianhe omma", TOP apologised again.

 

Mrs Choi shook her head and changed the subject, "How's the preparation for court going?"

 

TOP turned to his full desk and sighed, "I've got enough to lock him away for laundering money out of the company but...for the murders..."

 

"Are you lacking evidence?", his mum asked.

 

TOP nodded, "Ajhussi is dead, Seungwoo's dead and they were our only leads...if only we had a witness."

 

"Witness?", his mum furrowed her brows.

 

"Omma...are you sure you don't remember anything about the day you got into the accident?", TOP asked.

 

"Why?", his mum asked.

 

"I don't know, I just have a feeling that your accident wasn't actually an accident", TOP said slowly.

 

His mum thought for a moment, "recently...I've been getting these dreams..."

 

"Dreams?", TOP asked.

 

"Yes..", she shook her head, "But I don't think they mean anything...mianhe."

 

"It's ok,"TOP sighed, "Anyway why don't you go back to the apartment, I'll be here for a while."

 

"Tabi...", his mum slowly asked, "How's...Bom?"

 

TOP's face fell slightly.

 

 

 

'No...please...not you...please', Bom cried as she leaned on CL for support, 'please...no Seunghyun...NOOOOOOO!'

 

TOP kept his head down, unable to see Bom in so much pain. 'I'm sorry...'

 

 

 

 

"Tabi?", his mum shook nudged him slightly.

 

"She's...", he stopped.

 

"Have you seen her?", his mum asked slowly.

 

TOP shook his head, "I don't think she wants to see me anymore."

 

His mum sighed, "Try to understand where she's coming from my dear..."

 

TOP nodded slowly.

 

"Give her some time, if you're destined for her...then fate has wonderful ways of making that happen", his mum smiled warmly at him.

 

"Fate?", he whispered as if it was a new word to him.

 

"Fate", his mum repeated, she stood up and kissed his head, "Don't stay up too long."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you trying to say Mr Bae?", one of his shareholders asked with a raised brow.

 

 

"I'm saying, this company cannot be run by a non-existent child!!", Mr Bae raised his voice, "She may hold 60% of the shares, but that doesn't mean she can run the business through puppets in the company!"

 

"Well it's been going fine the way it is, I don't see the need for change", another shareholder added.

 

"If she wants to run the company she has to be here running the company", Mr Bae said slowly, "Otherwise she has to forfit the company shares."

 

"And why would we want her to do that?"

 

Mr Bae smirked at the shareholders, "Any decision made for the company has to be approved by her because she is the largest shareholder...without her, you all will have power on making decisions in the company more, without her the company can expand more...do you see where I'm going with this?"

 

The shareholders slowly started to smile and nodd.

 

"But where will the 60% of the shares go to if she forfits?"

 

"And what if she doesn't forfit and come to take place as the rightful CEO of the company?"

 

 

Mr Bae smirked again, "You don't know my daughter...she wouldn't give up her freedom to come and live in this hell...."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I've got a headache!!", Dara crawled into the lounge.

 

"Go get ready", Jiyong said bluntly.

 

 

Dara sighed and slumped flat onto the floor, "I'm paralysed."

 

"I'll carry you!", JIyong said through gritted teeth.

 

 

Dara grabbed hold of her door, "I think I have gastroenteritis!"

 

"Stop trying to fool me with medical terms, I know what that is and you don't have it!" JIyong turned and walked towards her.

 

 

"NOO!", Dara crawled back to her room only to have Jiyong grab her leg, "AGHHH!"

 

 

"It's just lunch Dara!", Jiyong shouted.

 

"With your MOTHER!!", Dara shouted back.

 

 

Jiyong shook his head and picked her up and dropped her on the bed, "It's just lunch, you've got nothing to be scared about."

 

"What?!", Dara looked at him as if he was the dumbest guy in the world, "Nothing to be scared about?!"

 

"Yea, what could she possibly do?", JIyong asked.

 

"Um...jees, I don't know", Dara said sarcastically, "Maybe burn my house down?!"

 

JIyong sighed, "That won't happen again."

 

"Yea...cos I don't have a house anymore to burn down!!", Dara stated.

 

 

JIyong laughed slightly and went to the wardrobe to get some clothes out for her.

 

 

 

"What if she doesn't like me?", Dara started to whine once she knew there was no way of getting out of it.

 

 

"She'll love you", JIyong said as he looked at two tops.

 

 

"I'm not wearing that!!", Dara jumped out of bed and pointed at the two tops he had.

 

"What's wrong with these?", Jiyong asked, "You look nice in these."

 

"This is your mother we're talking about!!", Dara shouted, "Mrs KWON!! Probably the richest woman in the country and you want me to go meet her in this?!!"

 

JIyong tried not to smile. He cleared his throat and picked out another dress, "Hmm...I think this one will look good on you.."

 

Dara gasped and snatched the skimpy black dress out of his hand, "Of course you would, you are a man after all!!"

 

Jiyong turned away to stop himself from laughing.

 

"Sure!!", Dara looked at the dress again, "Why don't I just introduce myself as a Dara the while I'm at it!!", she angrily threw the dress back in the wardrobe.

 

"Um...what about this then?", Jiyong picked up another outfit.

 

 

Dara glared at him, "My pajamas?"

 

JIyong nodded trying to look serious.

 

 

"KWON JIYONG!!", she grabbed a hanger and threw it at him.

 

 

"YAAHH AHAHAHAH!", Jiyong ducked out of the way and ran out of the room, "Be ready in 10!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Bom unnie please go see him", Minzy begged.

 

"I want to...", Bom bit her lip nervously, "But...

 

"But nothing Bom", Daesung said, "Come on I'll take you."

 

"NO!", Bom put her hands up, "Wait...just give me time...", she fidgited a bit before scurrying off to the kitchen of the restaurant.

 

 

"Aigoo", Minzy shook her head.

 

"These two seriously!", Daesung sighed as he sat back down on the chair.

 

Taeyang took a bite of a carrot stick and shook his head too, "It's more complicated then it looks."

 

"How?", Minzy asked.

 

"Exactly, how? All they have to do is see each other, say I love you and live happily ever after!", Daesun nodded along with Minzy.

 

"And that's why you know nothing about love", Taeyang hit him behind the head, "And why you will forever be lonely!"

 

"Oww", Daesung rubbed the back of his head.

 

Taeyang watched Bom come out of the kitchen with plates of food and head to another table, "From Bom's point of view, TOP's dad killed her parents, and even though she may forgive TOP, she must still feel guilty towards her parents because of TOP's dad killed them."

 

"Oh..", Minzy and Daesung nodded slowly as they looked on at Bom serving the customers.

 

"And from TOP's point of view, his father killed Bom's parents. The way she is now, the reason she had to live such a lonely life is because of his dad. No matter how much he does for her, that fact will never change. He probably feels like he doesn't deserve her..."

 

Minzy and Daesung sighed and nodded in agreement.

 

"So you see...it's a lot more complicated than it seems", Taeyang said.

 

"Does that mean there's no hope for them?", Minzy furrowed her brows and sighed sadly.

 

"I never said there was no hope", Taeyang smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's this?", Lee Minho looked at the envelope his uncle just handed to him.

 

"Open it", Mr Bae leaned back on his chair and grinned.

 

Lee Minho grimaced before opening the envelope and reading the letter. His eyes widened, "You can't be serious?!"

 

Mr Bae shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Dara will never agree to this!!", Minho shouted.

 

"Exactly", Mr Bae grinned.

 

"What do you mean?" Minho asked.

 

"She'll never agree to leave her medical career, her freedom to come and be the CEO of the Korea Exports", Mr Bae laughed.

 

"Then what's the point of this-"

 

"Keep reading Minho", Mr Bae said pointing at the letter.

 

Minho continued to read and his face darkened, "So...if Dara refuses to become the active CEO then she has to forfit her shares?"

 

Mr Bae clapped, "I'm a genius aren't I?"

 

"You have no right to do this!", Minho shouted.

 

"Oh but I do, the board of directors have all agreed to it. Except they think she'll really return", Mr Bae laughed.

 

"And the shareholders?!", Minho asked.

 

"The shareholders?" Mr Bar raised a brow, "They're on my side of course, they want Dara to forfit her shares, which of course I know she will. She hates the rich life, she would never give up her life for this."

 

"You disgust me", Minho hissed.

 

"Dara has the end of this week to make her decision", Mr Bae grinned, "Pass the message along will you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How was it?", CL pulled Dara to sit next to her and the girls back at the restaurant.

 

"Um...", Dara smiled at Jiyong who went to sit with the boys.

 

"You're smiling", Bom said happily, "That's a good sign!"

 

 

"She's....funny", Dara said.

 

 

"Funny?", the girls chorused together.

 

"Not scary?", Minzy asked.

 

"She didn't make you do anything?", Bom asked.

 

"No ultimatums about staying away from Jiyong oppa?", CL asked.

 

"No we just chatted", Dara shrugged.

 

"CHATTED?!", the girls shouted again.

 

"Yea...she's really funny", Dara chuckled.

 

 

The boys eyed JIyong curiously too, "Is your mother ok?"

 

Jiyong chuckled, "Yea she's fine."

 

"I'm still sticking to my theory that the real Mrs Kwon was abducted by aliens and this new Mrs Kwon is actually an alien in disguise!", Seungri stated.

 

"YAH!", Jiyong whacked Seungri round the back of his head, "That's my mother you're talking about!"

 

"OW! Hyung!", Seungri rubbed his head.

 

JIyong glared at Seungri before looking around for TOP, "Where's TOP?"

 

 

"I met up with him earlier, he's still at his office", Taeyang said.

 

Bom looked up when she realised they were talking about TOP, "Is...is he..."

 

"He's ok", Taeyang smiled back and Bom nodded sadly.

 

"How's his...", Bom stopped.

 

"His stomach wound is still a bit sore, but everything else has pretty much healed", Taeyang said again.

 

"Oh..." Bom nodded, "Excuse me", she smiled and got up to leave the gang.

 

 

"He's going to court tomorrow isn't he?", Jiyong asked.

 

"Yea", Daesung nodded.

 

"Should we go too?", Minzy asked, "For support?"

 

"Hmm", the boys nodded, "He'll need it."

 

 

 

 

"Dara?"

 

 

They all turned around to find Minho standing there.

 

"Oppa?", Dara stood up and ran up to him, "What are you doing here?"

 

Minho didn't say anything but handed her the envelope.

 

"What is it?", Dara asked nervously before reading the letter.

 

"What's going on?", JIyong walked up to them.

 

 

Dara's arm fell to her side after reading the letter. The letter slipped off and fell to the floor.

 

 

"Dara?", Jiyong asked when he saw Dara looking like she was going to faint.

 

He picked up the letter and read it, "Sh!t!"

 

 

"He knows you won't give up the life you have now, that's why he's doing this. He knows you'll have to forfit your shares to him, so he's got the other shareholders on his side and came up with this plan", Minho explained.

 

"Can he do this? Without the board of directors permission?", JIyong asked Minho.

 

"The board of directors only agreed because Mr Bae made them believe that Dara's coming back", Minho said.

 

"Unbelievable", Jiyong scoffed as he raked his fingers through his hair.

 

 

Minho sighed in agreement, "He knows you won't give up your freedom to go back to him-"

 

"Who said I can't give up my freedom?", Dara finally muttered.

 

 

"Dara?!", JIyong asked in surprise.

 

"Dara, this is a trap!", Minho said, "If you return, he'll find a way to get rid of you!"

 

 

Dara ignored the two, she gritted her teeth and her face darkened, "Tell Mr Bae I'll be working as the active CEO starting tomorrow."