Puzzle

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

Bom rubbed her eyes as she stepped out of her bedroom the next morning at 6am.

 

 

"Oh..", she spotted TOP grabbing his coat, "Where are you going?"

 

TOP turned to her, "Mianhe, did I wake you up?"

 

"Ani", she shook her head, "I've got morning shift at the hospital, where are you going?".

 

TOP paused for a moment, "I've got someone to see."

 

"Oh", Bom furrowed her brows. Was he seeing someone was the first thought that ran through her mind.

 

"Business Bom, it's just business", TOP smiled slightly.

 

"When did I say it wasn't for business?", Bom said in embarassment.

 

TOP just smiled and grabbed his car keys, "I'll see you later."

 

"Ok", she waved him bye before getting ready herself.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Mrs Kwon?", a man bowed as he entered the room.

 

Mrs Kwon looked up, "What is it?"

 

"I think you should see this", the man handed a file to her, "It was taken at Jiyong's exhibition..."

 

Mrs Kwon stared bitterly at the photographs of Dara, "I want you to find out everything about this girl....everything."

 

"All we know is that she's a medical student at Seoul National."

 

"Find out more then!!"

 

"Neh", he bowed and left.

 

"I've already lost a son to a low life commoner....I won't lose Jiyong too", she muttered through gritted teeth.

 

 

She picked up her phone and called someone, "Yoboseyo...is this the dean of the medical deparment?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I really think we should be looking for somewhere else to stay Bom", Dara suggested during their coffee break at the hospital.

 

"I was thinking the same thing," Bom nodded seriously, "I mean it's so sweet of them to let us stay with them, but come on we can't rely on them forever."

 

"Will they be ok with it though?", CL asked, "I mean those two guys aren't really the type that will let you go that easily."

 

"It's not like I'm breaking up with him, I just would feel more comfortable living in a house that I'm actually paying for", Dara explained.

 

"What if his mum finds you again?", CL asked quietly.

 

"Well, I can't live my life hiding just because of one crazy woman who unfortunately happens to be my boyfriend's mother", Dara sighed as she sipped her coffee.

 

"Not to mention like the richest woman in the country", Bom added.

 

"Thanks for that", Dara glared at her.

 

"Look, all I'm saying is tell the guys in advance", CL adviced them.

 

"We will", Bom smiled, "Anyway I'll start looking for a place for us to stay arasso."

 

 

CL smiled and turned to the TV in the canteen, "Omo...isn't that TOP oppa?!!"

 

Bom and Dara turned to face the TV.

 

 

".....reporting live from Choi firm, we have Mr Choi Taehyun, ex CEO of Choi Law firm with his wife and son Choi Seunghyun, the current CEO of Choi Law Firm."

 

 

Bom looked closely at CHoi Taehyun, something about him made her shudder, "That's his appa?"

 

 

 

"....Choi Taehyun has announced his return to politics, which has caused great interest throughout the political field. With his lovely wife and extremely talented son, Choi Taehyun with his impeccable family man image as well as being percieved as a just man of the law, the public have high expectations from him..."

 

 

".....Mr Choi....Mr Choi!", the reporters called out.

 

 

"Mr Choi, what made you want to return to Korea and enter Politics again?"

 

"Well, I am a korean and I want like any other true korean to serve my country, take my country to great heights. I have been blessed with a beautiful wife and a loving son who have supported me throughout my life, and it is only because of them that I was able to take such a great step."

 

"CEO Choi!!", a reported called out to TOP, "You're usually a very private person, how do you feel about being brought into the spot light along with your father?"

 

 

Bom furrowed her brows at TOP's stoic expression, something was wrong.

 

 

"I will support my father's decision, and that is the reason I am here today by his side. However, I will support my family from the background and I have no intention whatsoever to be in the spot light."

 

 

Mr Choi and Mrs Choi smiled awkwardly at the comment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The girls turned back after the news finished.

 

"Well, so TOP oppa is the son of a politician?", CL asked, "Great, another reason for us to never make the guys angry."

 

"Was it just me...or did Seunghyun look...a bit", Bom mumbled.

 

"A bit?", the girls asked.

 

"Nothing", she shook her head, "Never mind."

 

 

Bom sipped her coffee and thought hard. Why did Seunghyun not tell her he was going to meet his parents? And why did he look so uncomfortable? Almost like he wanted nothing to do with his dad? And his dad...why did Bom feel uneasy about him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tabi!", his mum called out in the lobby of the firm.

 

"Neh omma"

 

"Thank you..." she looked back at her husband who was waiting for her in the car, "for what you did, I know you didn't want to."

 

"It's fine", he replied stoically.

 

 

*RING RING*

 

 

Mum picked up her phone.

 

"Neh yeobo?", she asked turning to face the car where her husband was.

 

"Oh....no I can go on my own....ok....bye", she hung up and looked at TOP awkwardly.

 

 

"He can't come with me to my doctor's appointment, he's got a meeting", she smiled sadly.

 

"You've got to be kidding me", TOP sarcastically laughed, "He couldn't even walk ten steps out of that bloody car to say that to your face??!"

 

"Seunghyun language! Watch where you are?!", his mum hissed.

 

"Yea, my company!!", he hissed back.

 

"Mianhe", she held her arm, "We'll talk about this later, I should go to my appointment now."

 

TOP looked guiltily at his mum, "I'll go with you."

 

"Neh?", she asked in surprise.

 

"I'll go with you, to your appointment", he repeated.

 

"But, you never go with me-"

 

"I'm going now aren't I?!", he said angrily.

 

"Aigoo..", she pinched his cheek, "so cute when you get angry."

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Dara's shift, she'd been called to the uni by her dean for something urgent.

 

 

 

"May I come in?", she asked through the door.

 

"Come in", the dean was sat behind his desk.

 

Dara bowed and sat down in the chair, her heart racing fast, was she in trouble? Did she do so badly in the test that she was going to get punished.

 

 

"Dara..", the dean began.

 

"Neh..."

 

"Your scholarship...", the dean sighed with regret, "I'm sorry but we're going to have to revoke your scholarship."

 

"Sorry?", Dara gasped, "re..revoke?! Are you kicking me out?!"

 

"No Dara, but the university can't fund your scholarship anymore," the dean sighed, "the fees for the next semester you will have to be pay in full."

 

"But...", Dara's eyes watered in panic, "but...I don't understand, did I do something wrong?"

 

"I'm very sorry Dara-"

 

"What am I meant to do? Why suddenly?!", Dara stuttered, "I can't pay for that!"

 

"I'm very sorry Dara", he repeated.

 

Dara sat there in shock.

 

"Dara...", the dean hesitated, "I want to give you some advice...."

 

Dara looked up with eyes full of tears.

 

"Don't go around making enemies...especially with those that have power."

 

Dara furrowed her eyes.

 

"I'm sorry I can't help you in this moment in time, but I know how good of a student you are so I will try to figure something out, until then I am truly sorry."

 

Suddenly it dawned to her, she slowly asked, "Is....Kwon enterprise by any chance one of the investors of the uni?"

 

The dean stiffened and he slowly nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Dr Dong, this is my son", Mrs Choi introduced TOP to the psychiatrist.

 

"Hello, sit sit", Dr Dong said as he sat down too.

 

"It's been a while Mrs Choi", he smiled, "How was the treatment in Japan?"

 

"Ok thankyou", she smiled.

 

"Right should we get started", he reached for his file, "So no recovery of any memory from that night?"

 

Mrs Choi shook her head.

 

"But you're still having the nightmares?"

 

She nodded as she looked at TOP.

 

 

"I've known you for a long time now Mrs Choi, since your accident infact and I strongly believe that your nightmares have something to do with your accident."

 

 

"Is there no way she could get her memory back from the night?", TOP asked.

 

"We've tried everything so far..." the doctor shook his head, "Why don't we go through the details of the night again Mrs Choi."

 

She nodded, "Well...my husband wanted to suddenly take a trip out of Seoul...to Hyungdam-"

 

TOP froze...Hyungdam? That was where Bom's parents were murdered.

 

"It was quite late, and according to my husband I had decided to drive and that's when we got into the accident..."

 

"Hyungdam?", TOP asked.

 

"Yes."

 

"Where...did you stay?", he asked slowly.

 

"At a hotel", she replied.

 

"Oh", he breathed a sigh of relief, perhaps it was just a coincidence that his mother had the accident at the same place as the murder. The pension was miles away from any hotels or towns.

 

"And that's all you still remember?", Dr Dong asked.

 

"Well I don't really remember that much, my husband told me what happened afterwards really."

 

Dr Dong nodded and wrote a prescription, "Ok keep taking these, they should help calm those nightmares of yours, the memory loss on the other hand, we just have to be patient with that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP dropped his mum home and she thanked him for coming with him.

 

"Thank you again my son", she smiled.

 

"It's ok omma", he smiled back.

 

"Do you want to come in-"

 

"No"

 

"Well, let's go to yours then and I'll cook you something nice."

 

TOP suddenly remembered Bom was at his, "Um, omma actually...I've getting my place redecorated...."

 

"Oh, where are you staying then?", she asked.

 

"With Jiyong", he blurted out.

 

"Aigoo, why don't you just stay with me and appa for the time being?", she asked.

 

"No thank you", he stiffened.

 

"Ok ok", she sighed and got out of the car.

 

 

Before he drove off he watched his mum enter the house and rang Minhyuk.

 

 

"Minhyuk, it's me...I need you to get me a file....My mum's accident file...and don't tell anyone", he put the phone down an sighed, something didn't feel right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey babe", Jiyong looked up from his desk when Dara walked in.

 

Dara smiled weakly back.

 

"What's wrong?", JIyong slowly stood up.

 

Dara clenched her jaw, "Nothing".

 

He walked towards her looking at her warily, "Did something happen?"

 

Dara tried to look calm and shook her head. She didn't want him to know, she hated burdening him all the time, she hated how weak she looked, how easy she was to mess about with. And she knew how guilty Jiyong would feel if he found out.

 

"Nothing really", she smiled and hugged him.

 

"Did...my mum-"

 

"Your mum?", Dara asked as if she was surprised.

 

"Ani...if you're sure nothing's wrong then." JIyong smiled back and gave her a kiss.

 

"Yea, just a long day", Dara sighed, "Anyway I've got to go."

 

"Where?"

 

"I...need to go see CL"she lied, in fact she'd picked up extra shifts at the club. She had to start getting the money for her fees somehow.

 

"CL? I'll drop you then"

 

"No don't be silly", Dara shook her head, "I'm meeting...Bom on the way there, we said we'd go together."

 

She picked up her bag ready to go.

 

"Oh", Jiyong nodded sensing something was the matter, "Babe-"

 

"I love you too", she said before he could say anything, she hugged him tightly, "I love you too."