Hotel opening

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

*SLAM*

 

Bom slammed the pile of documents in front of TOP.

 

TOP looked up from his laptop screen with an arched eyebrow.

 

Bom huffed angrily, "There...is...nothing...wrong...with...these documents! Not a single grammatical or spelling mistake! NOTHING!"

 

TOP looked back at his screen, "I never said there was"

 

Bom gasped in horror, "Are you telling me that I spent the past 5 hours going through all these when there was nothing wrong with them?!"

 

"I just needed you to double check them that's all", TOP shrugged.

 

 

Secretly, he just felt like having Bom near him while he worked. But he was never going to admit to that.

 

 

 

"YAAA! I HAVE WORK TOMORROW!", Bom screamed.

 

TOP checked his watch, "Technically you have work today"

 

"What?!", Bom asked irritated.

 

"It's 2am", TOP stated.

 

"HWAHH!", Bom checked her phone, "AISSHHH!"

 

"Want a lift?", TOP stood up and grabbed his jacket as if it wasn't a big deal.

 

"I hate you, you arrogant prick!", Bom muttered.

 

TOP smirked and grabbed his car keys and left the room, "Hurry up before I change my mind"

 

Bom huffed angrily and then followed him out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks for the lift", Bom said quietly as she got out of TOP's car.

 

TOP nodded at her direction.

 

"See you around then", Bom turned to walk away.

 

"Bom", TOP called her.

 

"Hmm?", Bom turned back around.

 

TOP grabbed a large pile of paper from the back seat of his car and handed them to Bom, "Proof read these by tomorrow neh?", he smiled and got back into his car and drove off.

 

Bom gaped at the pile and then at TOP's car, "YOU B*STARDDDD!", she stomped her feet in rage.

 

 

 

TOP laughed as he watched her reaction through his side mirror.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Bom entered the Gong Restaurant to find it chaotic and busy that night.

 

"What the hell?", Bom said to herself as she saw Dara busily cutting onions with swimming goggles and cling flim wrapped around her face, CL dragging sacks of potatoes twice her size into the kitchen while the other staff were running left, right and center.

 

"Bom!", Ajhussi Gong came up to her huffing and puffing, "Hurry!! Get your apron on and help Minzy in the kitchen!"

 

"Neh...but what' going on?", Bom asked slightly confused.

 

"Go ask Minzy deh?", Ajhussi Gong hurriedly went to order more staff.

 

 

 

"Dara?", Bom walked towards Dara.

 

"Neh?", Dara looked up at Bom looking ridiculous in swimming goggles and cling film.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"What do you mean?", Dara asked innocently.

 

"The cling film..", Bom pointed at Dara's face, "And the goggles...."

 

"Huh?"

 

"You know what, I'm not even going to ask", Bom shook her head and edged away from her wierdo friend to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

"Minzy-ah?", Bom called Minzy out.

 

"Neh unnie!", Minzy's voice could be heard from a steam of smoke from a big pot.

 

"Minzy what's going on....did we get some big order?", Bom asked as she put on her apron.

 

"Unni", Minzy came running towards Bom, "Appa's friend owns this really big catering business and they got a really important order for an opening of a hotel tomorrow, but apparently they were double-booked, so he asked appa to help out!"

 

"Oh I see", Bom nodded.

 

"Isn't this great, he's going to split the commission 50:50 with dad...oh can you work  tomorrow?", Minzy asked.

 

"Um yeah of course...I was meant to work at the restaurant anyway but sure", Bom smiled.

 

"Great, that means us 4 girls are confirmed staff for tomorrow perfect!!", Minzy jumped happily, "I'm so happy for appa, this is really going to help the business unnie!"

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The next day at the grand hotel opening.

 

 

 

"Right girls, remember you're here representing Gong Restaurant, these people here are rich....very rich, so any notice from them about our services will help the restaurant tremendously arasso?", Gong Ajhussi said to the girls as they were preparing at the hotel.

 

"Neh!", the girls bowed.

 

 

"It's so nice unni", Minzy said as she looked around at the extravagant hotel and it's grand interior.

 

"Hmmm...guess only snobs will be here great!", Dara said sarcastically as she did Bom's hair.

 

"You and your hate of rich people will be the end of us today Dara Park!", Bom scolded her, "Be on your best behaviour today arasso, I don't want any of us to embarass Gong ajhussi"

 

"I  know I know", Dara muttered, "Wait till I'm a doctor, I'm going to refuse to treat rich people!"

 

The girls sighed at Dara's childishness.

 

"Don't sigh at me!!", Dara said, "I won't!!"

 

"Come on, the guests will be here soon", CL said as they walked into the main hall.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"How long do I have to keep smiling", Dara whispered to CL through gritted teeth after an hour of serving.

 

"Shut up and go around with the drinks again.", CL hissed as she served some more caviar to guests.

 

"Oh god...the smell of caviar...", Bom looked like she was about to puke.

 

"Hold it in unnie...hold...it...in", Minzy glared.

 

 

 

 

"It's them.."

 

"So handsome..."

 

"If I married one of them....I would probably be the most powerful woman in Korea"

 

"If my daughter married one of them, with my husband's status and their's she'd be the most powerful woman in Asia"

 

 

 

The girls heard the atmosphere suddenly quieten down and heard everyone whispering and mummering at something towards the entrance.

 

 

 

Suddenly someone spoke through the microphone, "Please welcome the owner and host of the grand hotel opening....Kang Daesung!"

 

Everyone clapped as Daesung bowed politely and started walking in with the rest of the boys.

 

 


"Kang...?", Bom gasped.

 

"Not Daesung oppa right?", Minzy asked in shock.

 

The girls peered through the crowd trying to see if it was really who they thought it was.

 

 

Suddenly the crowed split in the middle as the boys walked through. Each dressed in the most expensive suits, full of cool and irresistable attitude. The crowd of women couldn't help but sigh while the fathers looked on impressed with the 5 young men.

 

 

 

The girls all froze when they saw the boys.

 

"The sh!t...", Dara muttered.

 

"...just hit the fan", Bom sighed.

 

"So screwed", CL cringed when she saw Seungri.

 

 

 

The boys nodded along to the crowd.

 

Seungri suddenly stopped, "CL..."

 

"Hmm?", the boys looked at Seungri who was focused at someone in front of him. 

 

The boys looked up to see who Seungri was looking at.....the girls.

 

The boys stiffened at the sight of the girls.

 

"Crap!!", Daesung muttered when he saw the girls in waitress outfits.

 

 

 

The crowd suddenly engulfed them, taking their attention away from the girls.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Girls", Gong ajhussi hissed, "What are you doing gaping about, go do some work!"

 

"Neh...", the girls looked at each other worriedly.

 

They picked the trays again and busied themselves amongst guests trying to avoid the boys.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"CL-shi", Daesung called.

 

CL and the girls turned to greet Daesung.

 

"I'm so sorry....", Daesung apologised, "I didn't realise....well...that'd you'd be working here...".

 

"It's ok", Cl said awkwardly.

 

"Obviously...with Seungri....I mean his parents are here...so...", Daesung tried to explain.

 

"It's ok really...", CL smiled.

 

"I'm going to go with the drinks again", Dara smiled, wanting to get away, she turned around and asked two ladies who were busily chatting if they wanted a drink.

 

 

"Champagne Ma'am?", Dara asked politely.

 

The women didn't even look towards her way and took a glass each.

 

Dara bowed and was about to turn around when one of the women called her, "Wait"

 

"Neh?", Dara asked.

 

"What champagne is this?"

 

"Um...", Dara smiled, how the hell was she to know,she drank soju for goodness sake, "well...."

 

"God, honestly why hire people that don't have a clue", the woman snobbily said to her companion right in front of Dara.

 

Dara bowed relunctantly and turned around.... when she saw Jiyong walking towards her, "Jiyong..."

 

 

"Jiyong darling", the woman cried out.

 

Dara's eyes widened when Jiyong walked next to the woman, completely ignoring Dara.

 

"Darling...meet Mrs Kim... this is my son", the lady introduced Jiyong.

 

"Son??!", Dara muttered to herself as she tried to walk away quickly.

 

"Wait!", Mrs Kwon stopped Dara again, "Who said you could go?"

 

"Sorry", Dara apologised.

 

Jiyong stiffened between his Mum and Dara.

 

"Jiyong", his mum turned towards him, "I was saying to Mrs Kim that Daesung should really be careful who he hires....I mean how is a girl of no class like her to know a thing about champagne...am I not right?"

 

Dara looked at the floor sadly.

 

"You're right omma", Jiyong replied calmly.

 

Dara looked at him in shock, her eyes filled with hurt.

 

"I'll talk to Daesung about it", Jiyong bowed and went up to Daesung dragging the poor boy away.

 

 

 

 

The girls watched in shock at what just happened  to Dara.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung!!"

 

"ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID!", Jiyong grabbed Daesung's collar once they were out of everyone's sight.

 

"Hyung...", Daesung mumbled.

 

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING DARA HERE?!", Ji shouted angrily.

 

"Ji stop it!", the other boys tried to calm him down.

 

"Mian..he....honestly...I didn't know", Daesung whimpered.

 

"IF MUM FOUND OUT THAT I KNEW DARA DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW BLOODY IMPOSSIBLE SHE WOULD MAKE DARA'S LIFE!!", Ji continued to shout.

 

"I'm sorry hyung", Daesung apologised again.

 

"AISH!", Ji let go off Daesung's collar.

 

"Ji..", Taeyang said after a while, "Just ignore Dara...that way your mum won't know.."

 

 

 

 

"OMOOO!"

 

 

The boys heard people crying out in shock back in the main hall.

 

They hurriedly went back in and saw Bom covered in red wine.

 

 

"Remember me?", Lee Taebum snickered as he emptied his glass on Bom.

 

Bom bit her lip as she tried not to cry, as she felt the cold drink trickle down her body.

 

"Remember when you threw your drink at me at Seoul VIP?", Lee Taebum repeated, "Think of this as payback", he hissed.

 

 

 

"Omo...look at that pathetic girl", the crowd mummered.

 

 

 

"That b*stard!", Jiyong hissed.

 

TOP's hands curled up in balls of fist.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry sir...I'm sorry", Bom bowed to Lee Taebum.

 

 

 

 

"Why the hell is she apologising?", TOP growled.

 

 

 

 

"This is what happens when you mess with someone as rich as me arasso?", Taebum teased slyly, "Understand?!"

 

 

The crowd snickered mercilessly.

 

 

Bom's eyes blurred but she refused to cry, refused to get angry. She stopped the girls coming to help her with one look. She knew how important this was to Gong ajhussi, she wasn't going to do anything to harm his reputation.

 

 

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry", Bom apologised again.

 

"Clean it up", Taebum ordered, "Clean the floor...we don't want guests slipping do we?"

 

"Neh.."

 

"With your hands", Taebum snickered evily.

 

Bom looked up at the crowd, slighlty scared. She slowly got onto her knees nervously to clean the floor.

 

The crowed smiled snobbily.

 

 

 

 

"That's it!", Daesung was about to throw Taebum out. This was his hotel and he didn't want disrespectful idiots like Lee Taebum here.

 

TOP stormed in front of Daesung instead. 

 

 

 

"Ah...TOP!", Taebum smiled as he saw TOP walking towards him, "Look it's that low-class girl from the club!"

 

TOP didn't even glance at him, he grabbed Bom by the wrist and yanked her up from the floor.

 

"Seunghyun-shi", Bom gasped.

 

TOP glared at her and then pulled her through the shocked crowd and outside.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"Seunhyun shi....please.....get...off", Bom struggled to release herself.

 

 

TOP angrily pulled her around in front of her and let Bom go making her step backwards slightly from the force.

 

Bom looked at TOP while rubbing her wrist.

 

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!", TOP shouted.

 

Bom flinched slightly, her eyes watering slightly.

 

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?!"

 

"I'm...working", Bom whispered scared as tears fell down her cheeks.

 

"YOU CALL THAT WORK?!", TOP shouted angrily again, "GO HOME NOW!!"

 

"Sorry?", Bom asked.

 

"STOP SAYING THAT WORD!! I SAID GO HOME NOW!!"

 

Bom glared at TOP and then started heading towards the entrance.

 

TOP grabbed her wrist and pulled her back again.

 

"Let GO!", Bom shouted.

 

"Do you not have any pride??!!", TOP asked furiously.

 

Bom didn't answer, she was too busy trying to free herself.

 

"WHAT THE WERE YOU DOING IN THERE?!!", TOP shouted.

 

"WORKING!", Bom shouted back.

 

"YOU CALL BOWING TO THAT B*STARD WORK?!"

 

"I was in the wrong! So I should apologise!", Bom muttered through gritted teeth.

 

TOP sighed as he ruffled his hair in fustration, "Are you really THAT desparate for money?!"

 

"Sorry?", Bom asked angrily.

 

"How much are you getting paid for tonite huh?! I'll ING DOUBLE IT!!", TOP grabbed a ridiculous amount of cash from his wallet and threw it at Bom.

 

"What the hell are you doing?!", Bom asked furiously.

 

"I'm paying you to leave!", TOP replied huffing in anger, "You don't know these people....they'll make your lives hell! Why do you think Jiyong ignored Dara tonight?!"

 

"Probably embarassed that we're poor", Bom scoffed.

 

TOP stepped forward, "If Jiyong's mum finds even the tiniest connection between Jiyong and someone as poor as Dara...she won't stop until Dara has to leave this country do you hear me?!!"

 

Bom glared back, "Why are you telling me all this-"

 

"I'M NOT DONE YET!", TOP shouted.

 

Bom stepped back slightly.

 

"You on the other hand!! AISH YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!", TOP glared.

 

Bom turned her head away, "And you don't  understand me either!"

 

TOP looked at Bom.

 

"I don't like serving rich b*stards like you but I need to arasso! I need to get myself through Medical school that's why I'm doing this! Trust me once I become a doctor I won't even bat an eyelid towards you!!", Bom shouted at TOP, "The reason I apologised is not because I don't have pride but because Gong ajhussi and the girls mean more to me than my pride!!"

 

TOP stared at her angry still.

 

 

"If you want me to leave...I'll leave but after I finish my work!", she cleaned herself up and tried to walk back in again.

 

"You're not going in there!", TOP growled.

 

"WHY?!"

 

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THOSE B*STARDS TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU!!"

 

"And what? You don't?!", Bom shouted back. She straightened herself up and walked back into the hotel leaving TOP sighing in fustration.