Night at the orphanage

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why does he have to stay for supper?!", Dara whined as she got the plates out of the kitchen cupboard.

 

Sister Lee and another nun smiled and shook their head, "Because everyone is God's child-"

 

"Then God can feed him somewhere else!", Dara muttered as she placed the plates in front of the nuns.

 

"Dara", Sister Lee said sternly.

 

 

"What?", Dara shrugged, "I'm just saying..."

 

"It'd be rude not to have him stay over for supper", the other nun said kindly, "besides the kids seem to really like him."

 

"They're kids, THEY LIKE EVERYONE!", Dara said flapping her hands about.

 

"It's just dinner", Sister Lee giggled.

 

 

"It better be", Dara mumbled, she sighed and shouted at the top of her lungs, "KIDS DINNER TIME!!"

 

 

 

The whole house suddenly shook as a stampede could be heard heading towards their way.

 

 

 

"Slowly!!", Dara waved her hands infront of the kids to stop them at the kitchen door, "Get in line."

 

The kids pouted but did as they were told.

 

Dara stepped back to the table and called the kids one by one to get their food.

 

 

 

"There you go Jihye", Dara smiled at the little girl as she piled food on her plate, "Go sit in the dining room arasso."

 

"Neh unnie", the girl smiled back and ran to the room.

 

"Joo won", Dara scooped a large helping of rice onto the boy's plate.

 

"Jihoon...", Dara winked at the boy making him blush.

 

 

"Shinwoo", Dara cut the rice helping in half and put it on the boy's plate.

 

"What?!", Shinwoo looked up at Dara horrified by the size of his helping.

 

"You know what the doctor said", Dara pointed at the boy's chubby tummy.

 

"Noona", Shinwoo wiggled his fat body cutely.

 

"Don't Shinwoo", Dara shook her head.

 

"A tiny bit more noona", Shinwoo pouted.

 

"Aish", Dara looked at the nuns who weren't looking and quickly gave him a large helping of rice.

 

"MWAH!", the boy kissed Dara's cheek, "Noona Jjang!"

 

 

"Aish", Dara pouted as the boy ran off with his heavy plate. She laughed and turned around to come face to face with Jiyong.

 

 

Dara's face fell and she looked away, "Sister Lee can you serve the rest of the kids".

 

"Sure", Sister Lee eyed the two.

 

"Thanks", Dara mumbled and walked to the dining room to sit with the kids.

 

JIyong watched her leave and smiled slightly, stubborn Dara wasn't going to give in to him this easily either.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara sat next to Shinwoo and helped wipe off the grains of rice covering his face, "Aigoo such a mess-"

 

 

"HYUNG!", Shinwoo shouted, firing rice out of his mouth and all over the table, "HERE!", he pushed Dara off her chair and patted the chair next to him.

 

"YAAHH!", Dara shouted from the floor.

 

 

"HYUNG HYUNG!", Shinwoo totally ignored her and called Jiyong over.

 

 

Jiyong sat down on Dara's chair as Dara stood up and glared at the two boys.

 

 

"Oh!! NOONA!", Shinwoo shouted, "HOW COME HYUNG HAS TWO PLATES OF FOOD?? NOT FAIR!!"

 

"They're not both for me", Jiyong ruffled Shinwoo's hair.

 

"For me then?", Shinwoo grinned at the plate.

 

"No", JIyong turned the boy's face back to his own plate.

 

"Who is it for then?", Jihye chirped.

 

"For your noona", Jiyong said bluntly as he pushed the plate in front of Dara and started eating from his plate.

 

 

"I'm not hungry", Dara said bluntly.

 

 

"Fine but if you faint I'm not carrying you again", JIyong shrugged as he put  a spoonfull of rice in his mouth.

 

"And who said I'm going to faint?!", Dara crossed her arms.

 

"Suit yourself", JIyong shrugged again as he gave Shinwoo some of his meat.

 

 

"Unnie you should eat!", one of the kids said.

 

"Are you on a diet unnie?", another one asked.

 

"Isn't dieting bad unnie!!"

 

 

"tch", Jiyong clicked his tongue, "Such a bad role model..."

 

 

Dara huffed and blew a strand of hair out of her face before pulling a chair and sitting down. She pulled the plate to her and took a angry mouthfull of the food.

 

JIyong tried not to smile and put all his focus on the kids around him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean he's not here?!!", TOP grabbed the police officer by the collar.

 

"He's..he's not in the hospital", the policeman stuttered.

 

"What about lee young?!", TOP asked.

 

"No, he's still here, it's just Seungwoo...sir", the polieman explained.

 

"DAMMIT!", TOP pushed himself of the man, "Find him...NOW!!"

 

 

 

He couldn't believe he just lost the man that had killed Bom's parents

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Are you mad?", Mr Choi hissed in his office, "Coming to my house!!"

 

"I needed to see you", Seungwoo whispered, "They've caught on."

 

"What do you mean?", Mr Choi hissed.

 

"The girl knows I killed her mother...you have to help me", Seungwoo pleaded.

 

"So you came here....if someone was following you?!!", Mr Choi said angrily.

 

"No one followed me", Seungwoo shook his head, "but help me escape."

 

"Why do you need my help for that?!", Mr Choi asked.

 

"I need...I need money!!", Seungwooo blurted out.

 

"I've already given you money for your work!", Mr Choi muttered seriously.

 

"I need more", Seungwoo said, "the police will be after me soon."

 

"That's not my problem", Mr Choi turned away.

 

"I can make it your problem", Seungwoo glared at him.

 

 

Mr Choi clenched his jaws, "Are you blackmailing me?"

 

"Think of it however you want", Seungwo muttered, "But I want money."

 

Mr Choi's face darkened, "Fine...but I want you to do something for me too."

 

Seungwoo waited.

 

"Finish what you started...finish Park Bom, I want no evidence...", Mr Choi faced the window and smirked.

 

Seungwoo grinned and bowed to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"OMO!", Mrs Choi bumped into Seungwoo as he exited the office, "I'm sorry-"

 

"It's ok Mrs Choi", Seungwoo bowed.

 

 

"Have... we met before?", Mrs Choi asked squinting her eyes.

 

Seungwoo looked away, "No, I don't think we have."

 

"Are you sure?", Mrs Choi tilted her head to the side.

 

"No", he bowed again and left.

 

 

 

 

Mrs Choi felt cold chills run through her spine, she suddenly felt numb as she grabbed her head and closed her eyes in pain....

 

 

She was running...running away from the house. She slipped and fell on the wet mud, she was panting, and running like she was running away from someone. She heard footsteps behind her making her run faster. She reached the car and opened the car in a hurry, in a panic. She the engine and reversed the car and swiveled it around pressing the gas.

 

As she drove away, she srambled around in her pocket for her phone, she got it out and started dialling for the police. Her phone fell next to her foot and she panicked trying to pick it up. Suddenly blinding lights in front of the car made her squint her eyes and turn her head around, she lost control of the car, her car flipped in the air and landed upside down by the side of the road.

 

She gasped for air as she slowly opened her eyes, she saw a figure looking at her from outside the car...smirking....she saw her husband.

 

 

Mrs Choi snapped her eyes open and gasped for air as she fell onto the floor clutching her heart, cold sweatt dripping off her. What kind of horrible dream was that? But how could she have dreamt that...if she was awake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Pleaseeeeee", the kids pouted at Dara.

 

"No!", Dara said bluntly.

 

"Pleaseeeeeeeeee", the kids hugged her leg.

 

"I said NO!", Dara repeated.

 

 

"Oh Dara", Sister Lee smiled, "It's dark, Jiyong shi won't be able to find a hotel at this time of the night."

 

"Why not?!", Dara asked, "There are plently of hotels in town!"

 

 

Jiyong cleared his throat awkwardly, "It's ok really."

 

 

"Oh noona you're a meany!!", Shinwoo pouted.

 

"Mea...meany??!!", Dara pointed at herself, "That's the last time I give you extra food!!"

 

 

"We have a spare room Dara", Sister Lee chuckled and turned towards Jiyong, "JIyong shi...please stay the night."

 

 

"Um...", JIyong looked at Dara who was practically breathing fire.

 

 

"See!", Dara pointed at Jiyong, "He doesn't want to stay either, end of story!!"

 

 

"Dara", Sister lee looked at Dara sternly.

 

 

"Unnie....the bible says we should help our neighbours", Jihye squeaked out.

 

"How is HE our neighbour?!", Dara asked in shock," He's from Seoul!!"

 

 

"Dara!", Sister Lee shook her head sternly.

 

 

"We should treat others the way we want to be treated noona", Shinwoo nodded knowingly.

 

"Aish you little-", Dara muttered.

 

Shinwoo just giggled at hid behind Jiyong.

 

 

"Unnie, you always tell us to help those in need", Jihye pointed out again.

 

 

"ARASO ARASSO!!", Dara huffed having had enough of the preaching.

 

 

"YEAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!", the kids shouted as Jiyong smiled brightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*knock knock*

 

 

 

Dara tapped her foot on the floor as she waited outside Jiyong's door with a blanket and pillow.

 

"Aish!! I'm not waiting around!", she threw the pillow and blanket on the floor when he didn't answer and walked off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And then?"

 

"Well....then I asked her for her name and she wouldn't give it to me"

 

 

 

Dara stopped just outside the boys' dorm when he heard Jiyong's voice. She stepped back and opened the door slightly. Jiyong was there with the little boys all huddled around him, listening to his story.

 

 

 

"That's mean", Shinwoo said.

 

"I know right", Jiyong nodded.

 

 

"Hyung why did your girlfriend runaway from you then?", one of the little boys asked.

 

JIyong's face fell slightly, "Well..."

 

 

 

Dara bit her lip and looked away sadly, remembering their break up.

 

 

 

"Because I ran away first", Jiyong said sadly.

 

"Eh?", Shinwoo asked confused, "If you ran away then why are you looking for her hyung?"

 

"Because I made a mistake, I was horrible and thought she was a bad person, but actually she's a very very good person", Jiyong explained simply.

 

"So are you the bad person then?"

 

 

"Why does everyone think that", JIyong slumped his shoulders slightly making the boys giggle.

 

 

Dara smiled slightly.

 

 

 

 "Boys, I'll let you in on a secret arasso", JIyong said suddenly.

 

The boys nodded excitedly.

 

"This will help you in the future", JIyong said, "Women....are always right!"

 

"What about girls? Are they always right too?", Shinwoo asked.

 

Jiyong facepalmed himself.

 

 

 

Dara covered trying not to laugh out loud.

 

 

But JIyong heard something and looked up and saw Dara giggling.

 

 

"Dara", JIyong called out.

 

 

Dara looked up at him and suddenly stopped smiling. She looked away and walked off.

 

 

"Dara!", JIyong got up to and ran after her.