Miracle

FATE vs HATE

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara!", JIyong ran after her down the corridor.

 

 

Dara stopped at JIyong's door and picked up the blanket and pillows and turned around to face him, "Leave tomorrow morning!", she the blanket into his arms and walked off again.

 

"Dara", Jiyong grabbed Dara's arm and turned her around.

 

"Get off!", Dara pulled her arm off him.

 

"Listen please-"

 

"Listen?!", Dara asked, "Like how you listened to me?!"

 

Jiyong sighed, "I'm sorry about that-"

 

"You don't have to be sorry", Dara clenched her jaw, "We're not together anymore remember?"

 

JIyong looked at her, "Don't say that."

 

"Waeyo?", Dara asked, "What? You can break things off but I can't?!"

 

"You know why I acted that way-"

 

"Because you misunderstood!", Dara raised her voice, "Because you thought I was cheating on you? Or was it my bank balance that really made you angry?"

 

JIyong raked his finges through his hair, "Yes...ok I misunderstood but that's why I'm here-"
 

 

"To say sorry?", Dara asked angrily.

 

"YES!", Jiyong raised his voice.

 

"Well apology NOT accepted!", Dara turned back around.

 

"DARA!", JIyong ran up to her.

 

"DAMMIT JIYONG LEAVE!", Dara shouted angrily and turned her head away when she suddenly caught sight of tiny heads bobbing up and down from the side of the corridor, Sister Lee included.

 

JIyong followed her gaze and saw the little audience that had assembled, he sighed and pulled Dara into his room.

 

 

 

"GET OFF!", Dara pushed herself off him once in the room.

 

"Can you calm down", JIyong huffed.

 

"NO!", Dara shouted back as she crossed her arms across her chest.

 

 

"Dara", JIyong tried to control his anger, "Let's go home-"

 

"I don't have a home", Dara muttered through gritted teeth, "Your mother destroyed it remember?!"

 

JIyong felt a pang of guilt.

 

"This is my home now-"

 

"No, your home is with me", JIyong said sadly.

 

Dara looked up at him for a moment before turning away.

 

 

"What about school? The hospital? You're just going to leave all that?", JIyong asked.

 

"I can transfer", Dara mumbled without looking at him.

 

"The girls?", JIyong asked, "If not for me then come back for the girls?!"

 

Dara sighed, "Jiyong leave it, I can't go back to Seoul!"

 

"Because of my mum?", JIyong asked again.

 

Dara froze slightly.

 

"I heard what she said to you-"

 

"I don't know what you're on about", Dara sighed, "Look I lied to you about being rich, why do you suddenly care-"

 

"Your cousin told me everything" Jiyong said seriously, "About your mum...your dad."

 

 

Dara looked away nervously, "If you know everything then why are you still asking me to come back?"

 

 

"So you're just going to run away?!", JIyong grabbed her by her shoulders.

 

Dara looked away angrily, "What's the point of coming back-"

 

"DAMMIT DARA!", JIyong shook her slightly, "I'm there!! That's the point! We're meant to be together!"

 

 

Dara threw his hands off her, "YOU MADE IT CLEAR YOU WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH ME!!"

 

"BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THE TRUTH!!", Jiyong shouted back, "THAT'S ALWAYS BEEN OUR PROBLEM!!"

 

Dara looked at him with teary eyes.

 

 

"You've never trusted me with anything!!", Jiyong continued, "When you're ill, tired, angry, sad, in trouble you don't tell me anything!"

 

Dara looked at the floor trying to hold back her tears.

 

 

"You didn't trust me enough to tell me about your dad, about you being rich, what did you think I would do if I knew?", JIyong asked fustrated, "I don't give a damn if you're rich or poor dammit Dara!"

 

 

Dara wiped her tears away with her palm.

 

 

"When my mother demolished your home, you didn't tell me anything, when your scholarship got taken away because of her-"

 

 

"Wait", Dara looked up with furrowed brows, "How do you know about my scholarship?"

 

JIyong paused slightly.

 

"How do you know?", Dara asked again, she thought for a moment and suddenly, "was...was it you that paid for my-"

 

"Does it matter?", Jiyong sighed, "The point is I find out everything about you from someone else...and why is it when I find out I feel like the worst boyfriend ever?"

 

Dara bit her lip and furrowed her brows, "I didn't mean to."

 

"But you do, you hide all these things from me because you think I'm better off not knowing but you just end up making me feel so guilty and useless!", JIyong sighed sadly.

 

Dara shook her head slightly.

 

"You're rich yet you spend all you money building orphanages", JIyong laughed slightly, "and instead you work day and night just to pay off your fees and rent....I mean who does that?!"

 

"It's....not my money..", Dara mumbled.

 

"That's not the bloody point Dara!", JIyong said, "The point is....DAMMIT! Just come home!!"

 

 

"I don't want to", Dara muttered through gritted teeth.

 

"Even if I say I'm sorry for breaking up with you, that I was stupid, I wasn't thinking straight?", JIyong asked slowly.

 

Dara just looked away.

 

"Even if I say I can't be without you?"

 

Dara closed her eyes trying to block everything out.

 

"Even if I say I love you?", JIyong asked close to tears.

 

Dara took a deep breath trying to calm herself down.

 

 

JIyong sighed, "Fine...I'll go...I'll disappear."

 

 

Dara's eyes opened and she turned to look at him nervously.

 

"I'll disappear from your side..", JIyong walked back slowly.

 

Dara stepped forward slightly but stopped herself.

 

 

Jiyong grabbed his keys and stormed out of the orphanage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom turned into the street and walked towards TOP's apartment. It was quite late now and the street was pretty empty now. As she walked past the street light, the light flickered and swtiched off. Bom jumped back slightly, without the light she felt chills down her spine. She shrugged it off and started walking again.

 

 

 

 

tap .....tap..... tap.... tap 

 

Suddenly she heard footsteps behind her. She stopped and turned back around, the street was dark and empty. She pouted and started walking again.

 

 

 

 

tap... tap

 

She stopped, she ly slightly and saw a shadow move. Her eyes widened and and quickened her steps.

 

 

 

 

tap tap tap tap tap

 

Her breath quickened and she broke into a run.

 

 

 

 

 

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

 

 

 

Suddenly bright lights of a car made her stop and hide her face behind her hand.

 

 

She peeped through her fingers and sighed with relief when she saw TOP coming out of his car. She clutched her chest and ran up to him.

 

 

 

"Hey...you ok?", TOP asked as Bom ran and hugged him.

 

"Thank god.... you're here", Bom panted, "I thought someone was following me."

 

TOP looked up at the empty street, "Who?"

 

Bom shook her head, "I don't know...I could just hear footsteps..."

 

TOP looked back at the dark street, could it be....Seungwoo?

 

"Come on let's go inside", TOP pulled Bom protectively towards him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you're kicking me out?!", Dara whined as Sister Lee packed her things in her suitcase.

 

"Stop being so dramatic Dara", Sister Lee sighed.

 

"Well that's what you're doing though?!", Dara whined as she followed Sister Lee back and forth the room.

 

"All I'm saying is if you give up  on him now, then you might never get him back", Sister lee said.

 

"But-"

 

 

"She's right noona", Shinwoo and the other children nodded at the door way, "Jiyong hyung said women are always right and Sister lee is a woman."

 

"What am I then?", Dara pointed at herself, "A CHIMPANZEE?!"

 

 

 

"Come here, sit", Sister lee pulled Dara to sit down on the bed next to him, "Do you love him?"

 

Dara looked away, "Does it matter?"

 

"It matters the most", Sister Lee smiled, "Even if you run away from your father and hide for the rest of your life, it' won't be enough without him by your side."

 

Dara looked back at Sister Lee.

 

"Will you be happy that way?", Sister Lee asked, "Always missing Jiyong, thinking about what he's doing, where he is...?"

 

Dara looked to the floor and slowly shook her head.

 

"My child", she lifted Dara's head up, "You can't live your life always fearing...no matter what happens, it will end well for those who deserve it."

 

"really?", Dara asked with teary eyes.

 

"Always", Sister Lee said, "God never gives his children more than they can handle, but sometimes when it gets too much that's when he sends you a little help."

 

"Help?", Dara asked as she wiped her tears.

 

 

"For you, that little help is Jiyong", Sister Lee nodded, "Someone that loves you that much and is willing to sacrfice everything just to be by your side...don't you think that's a miracle in it's self?"

 

"sacrifice?", Dara asked in confusion.

 

"He told me he cut his relationship with his mother, that he gave up everything just so he could be with you", Sister Lee explained.

 

"He did?", Dara gasped.

 

"My child", She hugged Dara, "These miracles come rarely, don't be foolish enough to let him go."

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

After driving 7 hours back to Seoul, he arrived at Taeyang's house.

 

 

"Dude..it's 5 in the morning what on earth?!", Taeyang opened the door irritated.

 

"Let's have a drink", JIyong sighed sadly and welcomed himself in.

 

"Are you crazy?!", taeyang followed him in.

 

 

JIyong sat down on the sofa and rubbed his forehead.

 

"What are you doing? Where have you been?", taeyang ranted off.

 

JIyong didn't reply as he hid his face in his hands.

 

 

"Aish, YA! Go back home!", Tayang pulled Jiyong's hands away from his face.

 

"I can't ", JIyong said with tears down his face, "It's too empty without her.

 

 

Taeyang sighed sadly at his friend and walked to his mini bar and got some drinks out, "Aish...who told you to break up with her then?"

 

"Tae...I can't ...believe I've lost her", JIyong stuttered trying hard not to cry.

 

"Here", taeyang handed him a drink.

 

Jiyong drank the drink in one shot.

 

 

 

Jiyong lied down on the sofa, "What if she really doesn't come back?"

 

 "If you two are really meant to be together...she'll come back." 

 

"Ani....this...I think...is really the end", JIyong sighed as he closed his eyes.

 

Taeyang stood up and shook his head, "Look at the state of you....sleep here and go home tomorrow."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Music: Never let me go by Florence and the machine]

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few hours later, JIyong finally arrived home. He threw his car keys on the table and walked into his studio. He stopped as he passed the photo of Dara hanging on his wall.

 

He turned to it and slowly traced her soft outline, "is this going to be the only way I can see you now?"

 

He sighed and walked to his apartment door but paused there, not wanting to go in...not without her anyway.

 

He leaned his head on the door and closed his eyes. He stayed there for what felt like forever. He finally got the courage to open the door.

 

His apartment seemed dark and lifeless, he sighed sadly and walked towards his bedroom.

 

 

He suddenly paused as he passed the lounge area.

 

He turned back around and noticed a small suitcase in the corner. He furrowed his brows and walked back slowly, his heart suddenly pouding in his chest.

 

He tilted his head to the side to get a better view of the lounge area, it was empty. Still he walked towards the sofa and just then.....slowly a sleeping Dara came into his view.

 

 

JIyong froze, his lips parted slightly unable to do anything but just look at her.

 

 

Dara was there peacefully sleeping on the sofa, her coat by her feet, her hands curled under her face.

 

 

JIyong closed his eyes and sighed with relief. He walked towards her and knelt in front of her. He wanted to touch her but was scared she'd disappear at his touch. 

 

"you're here...you're really here right?", he whispered heartbreakingly.

 

Dara furrowed her brows slightly and slowly fluttered her eyes open at the sound.

 

Jiyong stared down at her nervously.

 

She took a moment to register his presence.

 

 

"...hi", he softly whispered.

 

Dara smiled slightly, "annyeong."

 

 

"you're...really...back?", Jiyong asked.

 

Dara slowly sat up and nodded, "is...that ok?"

 

 

JIyong nodded sadly.

 

 

"Mianhe for running away...", Dara looked down sadly.

 

 

With tears in his eyes, Jiyong cupped her face and pulled her in for a deep kiss.

 

They parted for a moment and JIyong leaned his forehead on hers, "you're really back right?....you won't leave again?"

 

Dara shook her head as she looked into his eyes, "I...won't....you're one miracle I can never let go..."